Novica & Forum Members Tips & Product Reviews Pt 13

NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
edited March 2021 in Art Studio

The previous threads / views are shown below, let's see how we're doing. (This is a community effort.) When you show others the products, those renders get seen and you help a lot of people.  The threads EIGHT YEARS AGO are still being surfed. We consistently get over 42,400 new views a year from 10 of these threads, with only ten. Now that there are 12, it's estimated to be 44,000 easily. Daz screwed it up by discontinuing page views (freezing them) but I have all the statistics from each thread. 

Bottom line- when you help showcase products, answer questions, or provide tips- you are helping a lot of people. Thank you! 

As of March 25th,  800,800.  There were 1,000 or more views during the time the page views were messed up, so I added 1,001 to be on the low side and round it from 799,799. (What a fun number!)  Fun fact- you have to go back SEVENTY FIVE PAGES to get back to Thread One!

Thread 1   
Thread 2  
Thread 3   
Thread 4   
Thread 5   
Thread 6   
Thread 7   
Thread 8   
Thread 9  
Thread 10   
Thread 11  
Thread 12

Post edited by Novica on

Comments

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited March 2020

"I don't have to outrun him. I only have to outrun YOU!" 

My "Because I Said So!" Contests / Other Contests

October Discussion Thread  (2015)

October Entry Thread  

October Winners  

November Discussion Thread

November Entry Thread

November Winners

December 2015 Discussion Thread

December / Jan Entry Thread

December/Jan Winners  (2015/2016)

Jan / Feb 2016 Discussion Thread

Jan / Feb 2016 Entry Thread

Jan / Feb Winners  (2016)

The interactive "Not So Fast" gameplay where forum members stole products, switched products, and decided what the other players would render! 

Half A Million Views Celebration Contest

Dec 2019 / Jan 2020  OOPS! Because I Said So  Entries (Links to discussion thread and winners)

A few good links from previous threads:

*Boss Lights- I show you settings and how to get some nice portrait lights    New Link
    *XYZ Dome Orientation Lighting   I showed the lighting when I tweaked the dome   New Link
    Boo Presets for Ghost Light    I did some light setups for Kindred Arts Ghost Lights
    *If you want to back up your content, SereneNight gives you a step by step. It's in the second half of the post.
    *RGcincy is the creator of Shape Magic, a very neat program and if you want to try modeling, take a look!

*To post your images in a thread and avoid attaching them below your post, here's where you can post them!

*Some threads I started which will help you:
    ZBrush     Silo Modeling       Infinito       How To Use GenX2       Applying Material Presets (Skin) for GenX2        Material Zones ~ Geometry Tool Tutorial

Free Portrait Backgrounds 

Wanna Render? Iray Tutorial  (one of my favorites, very detailed and goes step by step on setting up an Iray rendered scene.) 

Some fun and useful threads:
    Photoshop Playtime!    Where we showed you some really neat plug-ins to get cartoon, oil, watercolor effects.

Scripts:   A one click solution to put things on your ground plane, under things, etc

The References links have to be expanded to several pages, believe it or not there is a limit to a post size, and we passed it. I had to trim down descriptions of existing links to add new ones, so I am scattering the References to several pages because they are alphabetical and I can't just stick new ones at the end. Whenever I add a new Reference, I always mention it in the thread. 

Post edited by Novica on
    edited March 2020

REFERENCES

**********References / Of Interest**********

Books, Digital:     RScotJohns (Author) helped us with ebook (did a chat one evening) 

Characters:   I showcased Odelle, an older character from Rendo (that Daz rejected!):

Computer Research: What all those specifications mean, and what to look for in a computer

Expressions:  Here's some with sliders that are really fluid and usable. And Poses (scroll for both of these, numerous posts)  

Hair:  One of the funniest things showcased-  vendor's names in hair! 

HDRIs:   Fishtales  showing you some HRDI's

Free  Infinity Cove 3 sets

Mountain Valley:  Take a tour of this product as we drive around town! 

See Nath's Elegant Swan- the ACTUAL PHOTOS from the museum, and the render. This car spewed steam and pooped yogurt, and was banned from the streets due to being a nuisance. (Ya think?)  Now at HiveWire.

Special Honor: Rabbicus fun with RGcincy.  It all started with a cactus on a shelf and I said it looked like a rabbit. 

********** Programs **********

Camtasia tip

dForce  Start Here Thread

Special note: Script:  David GB's G3 To G8 Pose Fixer  To correct G3 Poses and get them to work with G8

Infinito:     Infinito Experiments:  If you have questions about Infinito, ask them here

iClone:  iClone6   (I'll have to get back to it)   Here's a nice video by Bigh and Bigh's thread on Iclone  and Reallusions Thread The Path To iClone

Livebrush Pro (FREE)    Livebrush Pro-  link, it's now free

Mixamo  How To Use  (by Firewarden)  

Motion Capture in general:  Motion Capture products/ discussion linked from the Octane FaceShift question

Pattern Cooler (.com) for free seamless tiles

Senosoft:  Convert .rsr file types to pngs (P3DO Explorer)  

ShapeMagic 2    ShapeMagic 2  By our very own RGcincy

Silo:    Silo Modeling

Zbrush For Beginners: Zbrush for Beginners

Post edited by Novica on
    edited March 2021

********** TIPS   A-H **********

TIP: 360 degree Renders (RGcincy)

TIP: Adria    How to do makeup, and see "Ears" for how to get rid of the fantasy ears. (Barbult) 

TIP:  Alexei Mouth Material fix  (VWrangler)  

Tip: Bloom Filter- Settings

Tip: Camera Lens  How To Distort  (Fishtales)  

Tip: Categories / Products Options Missing From Content Library  If you don't have these showing up at all, here's how to fix it. 

Tip: Characters- Where To Load From     Loading Characters- does it matter if you load it from icons, the Genesis figure + Character List, or the Figure (Aiko 7, Girl 7, etc) + the Character List? YES IT DOES.

Tip: Charlotte Hair Tweaks- Turn fluffy into sleek and modern!  

Tip: Crashing / Clear Cache  (Note: It will also show you where your temporary files are, slightly above that. Go to that folder and remove those also.)   

Tip:  Cursor- Turn Off Yellow Highlighting  Default has it on, here's how to turn it off!  EDIT: Here's how, it isn't explained in great detail in that post. Go up to top left in studio to Window>Panes>Draw Settings>Editor Tab>All>then Highlight Style will show up and you select Bounding Box Only. 

Tip: Custom Categories for Sets  Here's some suggestions and additions    

Tip: DA Big Ocean   How To Use     

Tip: Delete Items in Scene: Grouped items giving you fits? How to delete those polygons! 

Tip: Depth Canvas   Adding Atmosphere (Such as a smoky room) (Tutorial by Chris-2599934)  

Tip:  dForce settings guide  

Tip:  DIM download problems? Try this.  This works too.  (when products will NOT install and stay in the "to be installed")

Tip:  DIM downloading product to use with products from other sites

Tip:  DIM Ready To Download nothing there- If you've checked and all paths are correct, it could be Google Chrome corruption or Chrome updates!  Reinstall Chrome / updates and see if it shows up. 

Tip: Dreamland Models in DS  Learn how to work with Dreamland Models (Poser) in DS

Tip: Doors and windows that open, flat roof to add, pane of glass, good kit bashing items

Tip: Dome Orientation Results  My experiments/settings for rotating the dome by changing the XYZ Dome Orientation. All settings given/ shown.

Tip:  Downloading/Organizing Products  With 23,000 products, here's how I downloaded and organized my products when I lost all my files. Yep ,starting all over again (and enjoying it!)  It is easy and organized and you'll never have to sort through your content again because you'll categorize it IN YOUR FILE SYSTEM. 

Tip: Ears:  How To Remove Fantasy Ears  Characters with fantasy ears may have them "built in." Here's how to dial them out. (Barbult) 

Tip: FaceGen  Tweaks   

Tip: Fern Lake Instances and Water    Instances in Fern Lake and Through The Woods And clearer water tip for it. My example.

Tip: Finding products in these threads, using Google   

Tip: Finding Morphs/Products in a Scene  Script    

Tip:  Focal Length

Tip: Free Fonts- Showing you those from Font Squirrel  

Tip: Furries:  How To Find Files and Pose (Llynara)  And Capsces posted this for a few tips.

Tip: Gemology Shaders for Iray: Settings for best results, by vendor  

Tip: Generation Tools: List of products which help you cross generations

Tip: GenX2    My tutorial (and the post after that tells you how to do the materials)

Tip: Greek Houses: Fixing the water, landscape, and stone edge materials. All settings provided! 

Tip: Ground:  How to soften / blend where feet interact with the HDRI background

Tip: Growing Up: Making Chest look good    

Tip: Grungy Threads  How To Make Neat Tears   (Hylas)   

Tip: Hair: Different Settings To Increase Shine  Also here

Tip: Hair Transparency:  How to thicken hair when it's too transparent:  Go to number 2        

Tip: Hair: Using Genesis 3 Hair On Genesis 8    Easy!  (By L'Adair)  

Tip: Harpsburg Night Lights   Best way to apply them  

Tip: Hiding Forums     Don't worry, I tell you how to get them back!  Read that post, and the one following it in the thread. :)  

Tip: Hierarchial Poses   L'Adair tests what hiding things in Scene Tab does and other options. Click here.  

Tip: Hierarchial Presets for Materials- Applying Materials Only To One Item (By Aave Nainen)     

Post edited by Novica on
    edited February 2021

*******TIPS   I-W  *********

Tip: Images, Gallery  How to hide them to use in threads   

Tip: Iray Organized References  This thread links to the threads, but also categorized some of the topics within the thread so you can look things up quicker.

Tip: Iray Section Plane       TabascoJack shows you how to use the Iray Section Plane

Tip: Lighting: When you have the end of the room open, and stuck with three walls, how to get even lighting with HDRI and avoid that obvious light pouring in from one end of the room.  

Tip: Lighting: Lampshades  TobascoJack shows you how to prevent losing detail when lighting lampshades   

Tip: Madelyn Ears- How to remove those elf ears.

Tip: Manual Downloads in Product Library  How to find them ultra-quick

Tip:/Info:  Materials and Shaders:  Difference in Materials and Shaders (from Commons)   

Tip:  Mermaid Top    Family friendly suggestion.

Tip: Metallicity and Metallic Flakes  Add More Sheen to your characters    

Tip: Millenium Cat- Free Persian Head 

Tip:  Mocap Animations  FREE  Here  (Mixamo)

Tip: MT5 to PZ2 Converter Script

Tip: Multiplane Cyclorama    Use Modern Museum Lighting for realistic results!

Tip:  Nobiax Free Iray Daz Textures

Tip:  OOT Hair  Steps  

Tip: PBR Shader thread in Commons

Tip: Photoshop Postwork    Postwork Photoshop Tips (Laticis) and my example

Tip: Photoshop Plugins From Thread 6:  Examples

Tip: Photoshop Quick Fill Ins (Good for Plug Ins)

Tip:  Portrait Lighting    Novica's XYZ Dome Orientation Quick Guide (Portrait Tweaks) 

Tip: Pose Converter (Genesis 2 to Genesis 3)  Where to find files (Scroll for discussion)

Tip: Combining Poses by locking body parts   

TIP: Poser CF and Studio CF Explained  (Richard Haseltine)   

Tip:  Postwork   The Postwork thread has a lot of good information!

Tip: Putting Prop On Top Of Prop  (Align Pane)  

Tip: Checking your available RAM  

Tip:  RDNA   How to find your purchases

Tip: Render Settings In Script Menu at top of Studio  (L'Adair) 

Tip: Rigging    How to import OBJ and rig in Daz Studio   

Tip: Rigging  Basic Rigging Preparation  then Adding Bones for Rigging 

Tip: Section Planes   How To Use  (by TabascoJack)

Tip: Signatures- how to put a banner and do a clickable link    

Tip: Skies of iRadiance  Which are for high / low altitudes? Answer

Tip: So Wet Bundle   Examples

Tip: Spectural Rendering tests for the studio    

Tip:  Spotlights: (Iray) How to Hide Them and Still Emit Light  

Tip: Studio Crashing:  Script by Taoz to save last render

Tip: SubD:   How To Add It  (Darwins Mishap)

Tip: Texturing With DestinysGarden    (DestinysGarden)  

Tip: The Briefing Room    Lighting with Iray  (V3Digitimes)

Tip:  Ultragenesis: Faces of G  has a variety of older faces.

Tip:  Weight Maps:  How To Remove or Change  (Thomas Windar)

Tip:  White Point  Changing it- Examples

Tip: Walls- Sets Which Are Easier To Use- or Not.   Sets that don't have separate walls and handy notes on a few sets

Post edited by Novica on
    edited March 2021

********** TUTORIALS**********

Tutorial:  Bus, Noggins- Converting from Bryce to Daz Studio   (RGcincy)   Here

Tutorial:  Breast Gone-  In Hexagon  (Smoothing Zev0s Grow Up product even more)  

Tutorial: Clothing, Making in Blender SickleYield's tutorial on Deviant Art.

Tutorial:  Content Package Assist   

Tutorial: Converting G3 and G8 Clothing by SickleYield on Deviant Art  

Tutorial: Create Categories     Using Gen2F, I showed how to Create Categories and Export to save your custom categories. (Here's WHY you may want to do that with your characters.) 

Tutorial: Custom Actions In Toolbar     How to Create Custom Actions In Toolbar

Tutorial: Customizing Morphs Using Morph Loader Pro  

Tutorial: D Former     D Former Tutorial           D Former tutorial and links 

Tutorial: Depth of Field         Flipmode provides a good depth of field tutorial for you.

Tutorial: Expressions:  How To Make Them As A Dial     

Tutorial:  Face Control  (Knittingmommy)  Use on cartoon characters   

Tutorial: Fisty's Shaders & Getting Rid of Gooey Lips     This one shows you Fisty's shaders. Get rid of the overly gooey lips. 

Tutorial: Fur Brushes Download and Video (Kathryn Loch)

Tutorial: Garibaldi Hair     Doing a cat with Garibaldi Hair- Tutorial

Tutorial:  GenX links on "how to use." 

Tutorial: Generation 4 Materials on Genesis 2     This one put Generation 4 materials on Genesis 2 using Victoria 4 for Genesis 2 Female.

Tutorial: Geometry Shells     How to do Geometry Shells  (video tutorial the3dwizard) and doing makeup for different characters

Tutorial: Hair Shaders (Slosh, his product)   explaining how to use them.

Tutorial: Hay Bales   Take a freebie and make the hay straws thicker. Here's what you get.

Tutorial: Iclone   Iclone videos

Tutorial: Images- How To Put Them In Forum Posts     Here's  Putting Images in Posts

Tutorial:  Instances: Using Ultrascatter 

Post edited by Novica on
    edited March 2020

***** Tutorials  Iray- S  *******

Iray Canvases- How To Do Lighting   

Iray Ghost Lights 2:  Portrait Setup in 13 Steps, All Settings Given

Tutorial: Iray Light Manager Pro  Step by step screenshots

Tutorial: Iray For Beginners- Do A Scene Step By Step     The Wanna Render? Iray tutorial walks you through Iray lighting for total newbies- including Crush Blacks, Burn Highlights, how the sliders work together and why in Tone Mapping, and Environment Intensity.

Tutorial: Iray Lighting- A Night Lantern     Doing a night time  lantern with Emissive Lighting.

Tutorial: Iray- Portrait Light Setup With Point Lights     Portrait Lights: 3 Point Lights and a Spotlight- Settings Provided

Tutorial: Iray Skydome Super Pak     The Explanation  to use   (magix101)

Tutorial: Iray Worlds Skydome   Explanation on using it    (rgcincy)

Tutorial: Maps for Iray and 3DL / Albedo Explanation       Texture Maps:  (Saba Taru)   ALBEDO explanation, and where to put the maps for Iray and 3DL

Tutorial:  Material Zones  

Tutorial: Metadata- How To Make It   Video Here (Slosh)  and Here  (3D Almanc)    

Tutorial:  Rigging and Weight Mapping- Beginners Through Advanced   

Tutorial: Rigging Static Doors So They Open  (RGcincy)  How To Rig A Prop

Tutorial: Shaders- Mec4D's PBR Shaders       Mec4D's PBR shaders: How to use

Post edited by Novica on
    edited March 2021

*****  Tutorials T  through W ******

Tutorial: Tears by SereneNight   

Tutorial: Teeth, Getting Realistic Shapes      Getting realistic teeth shapes was here and slight tweaks here.

Tutorial: Texturing      Texturing With DestinysGarden  is a good thread- let a pro show you how!

Tutorial: UltraScatter Advanced Instancing       UltraScatter Advanced Instancing:   RGcincy's handy notes, how-to.

Tutorial: UltraScenery Experiments (barbult)

Victoria 4 for Genesis 2 Female:  How to use the product.

Tutorial: Weight Mapping:  How To Smooth All Face Groups At Once  (By SickleYield)

Tutorial: Weight Mapping: Creating One  by Chris-2599934

Tutorial: Windows, Making Them From Planes And Cubes Realistically       Making Windows using planes and cubes, with glass panes and images!

Post edited by Novica on
    edited March 2020

Thread is now open. :)

I'd like to start this new thread with the challenge of asking you to render a character you haven't ever done. Let's see who we can showcase. And welcome to the thread!

Post edited by Novica on
  • alex86firealex86fire Posts: 1,130

Okay, I finished up with Khepri last night, and not pleased with the infinitesimal difference some characters by the same vendor. IMO it was definitely not worth buying them unless it's for the textures, and there's other characters textures so similar I wouldn't even go that route. I'm putting these in the order which makes sense, with the ones with very little change next to each other.

Very interesting morphs. I didn't buy Latonya yet but Khepri looks nice and it combines very interesting with a lot of characters.

About the shapes and textures, I would say that no character morph by itself is worth buying alone. Especially when there are so many wonderful face morphs packaged together (like those 5 face morphs from P3D packs and others) at the same price.

I have to admit I sometimes forget that and do buy character only for their shape but that is only if they are around 80% discounted and than it kind of seems ok to me.

I had some renders to do for my project these last couple of days and couldn't start the mixing process but it looks so fun that I think I will make some time for it tomorrow.

I already have some nice base characters I want to give a try.

• cismiccismic Posts: 629
    Novica said:

I'd like to start this new thread with the challenge of asking you to render a character you haven't ever done. Let's see who we can showcase. And welcome to the thread!

Do you mean a character that we've not posted?  I do a lot of renders for practice and never post anywhere.

edited March 2020

FWSA Khepri for Latonya 8          Vicky Hair (G8F)         Asteris Outfit (G8F) 

This post from the old thread shows those combinations. I want to show Khepri full body, and the outfit. 

Khepri Asteris OutfitSIG.png
    1049 x 826 - 644K
    Post edited by Novica on

Yep, you can do that too :)  

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,684

@Novica, I held back on the end of the last thread, but I wanted to say how much I enjoyed Khepri. She is very interesting and the mixes were fascinating.

On the one PA, maybe those were the older characters that were brought over from the other store, with added Genesis 8 versions? I have noticed the recent characters from them are more distinct. But I had backed off on some purchases due to the sameness, like some other PAs that have been at Daz.

That is a nice outfit, is it from Rendo?

Mary

That is a nice outfit, is it from Rendo?

Mary

LOL just answered that with a render. :) 

I am so brain dead with this headache! Link right there. Wishlisted. 

Thanks.

edited March 2020

HP Kinsley (G8F)               Cute Bob Hair (G3F / G8F)                 Body Pop Outfit (G8F)  Shown without hat

Here's the composite, then each individual component. Kinsley's mouth was easy to pose, I used the Paramenters posing and under Expressions the BJ Amira 50%, Inaru 23%

The Body Pop Outfit has a lot of fun materials.

Kinsley Cute Bob Hair Body Pop 3.png
    818 x 933 - 1M
    Kinsley Cute Bob Hair Body Pop 4.png
    818 x 933 - 2M
    Kinsley Cute Bob Hair Body Pop 5.png
    818 x 933 - 1M
    Post edited by Novica on

I decided to try different shapes for Aurore from Kayleyss. She is a very attractive newly bought character and I thought I'll see how she looks mixed with different other characters.

I used the new Lynna hair on her as I didn't get a chance to give it a try yet and as an outfit Wet and Dry Classic Dress. I wanted to try her wet at first but I couldn't give a nice wet look on the skin as well (the dress looks great with the wet preset applied) and I dind't want to consume more time for that as combining characters will be my focus.

I will be posting the combinations soon, I just want to ask you guys and gals if I should focus on the face more or increase the resolution so the face is clearer or is this ok.

Aurore 100%.png
    763 x 1080 - 478K

I will be posting the combinations soon, I just want to ask you guys and gals if I should focus on the face more or increase the resolution so the face is clearer or is this ok.

Need bust shots. The face is the focus :) 

edited March 2020

Here is an image I was rendering last night when you posted the new thread information.  It still could use some work or a little bit longer render.

This is actually the G2 character Bijou https://www.daz3d.com/bijou-for-genesis-2-female-s converted using 

Https://www.daz3d.com/legacy-uvs-for-genesis-8-genesis-2-female

https://www.daz3d.com/neko-hair-for-genesis-3-and-8-females

And a couple of other items.  I had created a black highres.jpg image for my dome that I use often for various renders. 

The conversion tool doesn't seem to work with all G2's.  There were a lot of free bundles with g2 character's the past year, that I had taken advantage of.

All, in all I think the conversion does a good job of pulling in the shape and skin materials from the G2's.

Biju A.jpg
    2400 x 3120 - 1M
    Post edited by cismic on

Interesting. I have that converter but haven't done it yet. I really like the eyebrows from early Gen8, Gen3, and even Gen2 more than the lawn mowered, stiff, most hairs the same length that we have been getting the past year. Wish there were more brow products, we need more of a variety than what's offered.  (even at Rendo.)

edited March 2020

Ok, so here is my first try at this.

The before mentioned Aurore combined with some of my less used and less known morphs.

I tried first all the morph packs and special morphs and afterwards stopped after the A letter as I had already seen so many faces that I couldn't decide which would be interesting and which could not anymore.

I chose mostly faces that I thought looked really good or were really different from the rest.

If you want to see more combos of Aurore, I will continue the series after I cleanse my eyes of seeing her face so I can start fresh.

So here it goes:

Aurore 100%:

Aurore 75%:

Aurore 50% HFS Shapes Elf 50%. I thought I'll give a try with some fantasy shapes as well. The elf combo ended looking really good in my mind so I thought I'll share it here.

Aurore 50% Yuka 50%:

Aurore 50% Kensington 50%:

Aurore 50% Sybill 50%:

Aurore 50% Face no4 from MCH:

Aurore 50% Face no2 from Variety Character Morphs:

Aurore 50% Noomi Rapace 50%. This is a free face morph from Tritium. He does very good celebrity face morphs. I have them all downloaded but only had 2 of them installed and this one looked good for me. I encourage you to take a look at what he does. Especially since they are free.

Now comes a series from https://www.daz3d.com/sy-beautiful-faces-genesis-8-female:

Aurore 50% Tegan 50%:

Aurore 50% Madeline 50%:

Aurore 50% Laura 75%:

Aurore 50% Jaclyn 50%:

Now the A morphs start:

Aurore 50% Akira 50%:

Aurore 50% Anissa 50%:

Aurore 50% Audrey 50%:

Aur 100%.png
    763 x 1080 - 647K
    Aur 75%.png
    763 x 1080 - 646K
    Aur 50% HFS Elf 50%.png
    763 x 1080 - 645K
    Aur 50% Yuka 50%.png
    763 x 1080 - 649K
    Aur 50% Kensington 50%.png
    763 x 1080 - 646K
    Aur 50% Sybil 50%.png
    763 x 1080 - 646K
    Aur 50% MCH4 50%.png
    763 x 1080 - 646K
    Aur 50% VMH2 50%.png
    763 x 1080 - 646K
    Aur 50% Noomi 50%.png
    763 x 1080 - 646K
    Aur 50% BFTegan50%.png
    763 x 1080 - 647K
    Aur 50% BFMadeline50%.png
    763 x 1080 - 647K
    Aur 50% BFLaura75%.png
    763 x 1080 - 646K
    Aur 50% BFJaclyn50%.png
    763 x 1080 - 647K
    Aur 50% Akira 75%.png
    763 x 1080 - 646K
    Aur 50% Annissa 50%.png
    763 x 1080 - 645K
    Aur 50% Audrey 50%.png
    763 x 1080 - 647K
    Post edited by alex86fire on
    edited March 2020

@alex86fire and others- 

FYI, To get these to open in new windows, once you open the image tab, you'll see a LINK tab. Fill in the URL again.  Click on Target and select New Window (_Blank)  

That way, folks can click on your images in the post and a separate window will open up. Then they can click back and forth easily to compare the images. (Of course, they can always right click too. This just ensures it's a 100% separate window option.) 

Otherwise, people out of habit may just X out and leave your post / this thread completely :)  Since most of us do the separate window, it's just a habit to X out of an image for many of us. 

Post edited by Novica on

I like Kensington with the plumper nose, and the ones with the pronounced septum/philtrum. They're good but not too chiseled. Thanks for showing all these, it was interesting seeing the noses (which is what I think changed the most on a lot of them.) 

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,034
    Novica said:

I like Kensington with the plumper nose, and the ones with the pronounced septum/philtrum. They're good but not too chiseled. Thanks for showing all these, it was interesting seeing the noses (which is what I think changed the most on a lot of them.) 

I initially read that as "plumber nose", and wondered what that might mean.

Hmm...

Novica said:

@alex86fire and others- 

FYI, To get these to open in new windows, once you open the image tab, you'll see a LINK tab. Fill in the URL again.  Click on Target and select New Window (_Blank)  

That way, folks can click on your images in the post and a separate window will open up. Then they can click back and forth easily to compare the images. (Of course, they can always right click too. This just ensures it's a 100% separate window option.) 

Otherwise, people out of habit may just X out and leave your post / this thread completely :)  Since most of us do the separate window, it's just a habit to X out of an image for many of us. 

Good to know :),  I enhanced the links to open in new windows. I always middle mouse click the images to open in new window automatically so I didn't even question what left click does :).

Novica said:

I think some faces changed the shape as well but I didn't choose the best hair for this because it kind of hides the sides of the face. I will choose a more revealing hair next time.

For me, the Noomi one is the most attractive. Akira is close second and a very interesting asian feel to her, needing a different skin texture as well. Annissa I really like for the Native American vibe.

There were some shapes that I think accentuated what is already there for Aurore and looked oddly dissproportionate.

• DaventakiDaventaki Posts: 1,621
    edited March 2020

LOL @Gordig so did I!  Glad I wasn't the only one!!

Very nice @alex86fire  I agree with the face shapes it was hard to tell but some did give her more of a heart shape, I really liked the all but Anissa combo caught my eye, giving her a more sultry look to me.  No to go check some of these girls out cause I haven't seen them before.

Post edited by Daventaki on

@Novica, the conversion process, I am not sure, but when I did a character based on a core character, I did the core character first, then the desired character (Destiny for Olympia 6). It may not be required, but it seemed reasonable since some of her morphs were based on Olympia 6. 

@cismic. Thank you for posting Bijou. She is lovely. I had always wondered what the deal was about her and after her price was brought down, I didn't buy her, the promos didn't do her justice. Your render really shows her to advantage.

@alex86fire. I don't have Aurore but your various versions of her mixes are making me rethink. I think the PA will get a sale fairly soon. You did some interesting work. 

Mary

• DaventakiDaventaki Posts: 1,621
    edited March 2020

Novica said:

I think I got carried away!  Character I have never done laugh

ImToSexy.jpg
    989 x 1600 - 1M
    Post edited by Daventaki on
  • RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,805
    edited March 2020

Alondra for Monique 8    dForce DeNile for Genesis 8 Female     African Headwear for Genesis 3 Female     Scintillant Portrait Lights for Iray

I haven't rendered any of these before, so thought now is as good a time as any. Congratulations on thread number 13 Novica!

Alondral.jpg
    1600 x 1600 - 1M
    Alondra full figure.jpg
    750 x 1000 - 229K
    Alondra bust.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 418K
    Post edited by RGcincy on
    edited March 2020

Here is another conversion character. using the tool Https://www.daz3d.com/legacy-uvs-for-genesis-8-genesis-2-female

https://www.daz3d.com/cassia-for-olympia

https://www.daz3d.com/classic-long-curly-hair-with-dforce-for-genesis-8-females

I've started rendering cassia images with percentages of a few other characters. At  a smaller size then this image to save rendering time.

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/uploads/FileUpload/ed/a8d94385ec98079ac269ef64aacc6b.jpg

Cassia A.jpg
    2400 x 3120 - 4M
    Post edited by cismic on
This discussion has been closed.