OOT Hairblending - Hair turning WHITE

Spectre576Spectre576 Posts: 53
edited April 2017 in The Commons

I posted a question the other day and figured out what was wrong.. In short, I was unable to turn hairblending to ON with a particular hair but figured out it was an install issue and files were missing which I have since fixed. I'm starting a new thread because this is a different issue but still has to do with OOT Hairblending.

The issue I am having with all of the OOT  hairstyles except for the Emilia hairstyle is that the hair Base color is reverting back to completely WHITE when I apply a hairblending color.

Here are the steps I used which I know are correct since I do have one functional OOT hair product and use it all the time:

1. Applied hair mat, duh

2. Applied Base color mat (turns white of course), then the color (Bright Pink for contrast- Picture 1)

3. Set Hairblending to "ON" using green button, and it turns back to WHITE as Strength A is selected, normal I think since I can adjust that with changing the strength, however it does turn the original base color to a dark default color of some kind (See Picture 2, obviously not hot pink but brownish)

4. Applied the hairblending color which works but turns the base color back to a PURE WHITE - reselecting the base color does nothing  (See Picture 3 - I used a different blending selection to make it more obvious but you can see that the brown blends into a pure white, not a bright pink toward the ends)

So to recap, after the base color was applied it turned dark when blending was applied, then back to the base white when blending color was applied.

A couple other things:

1. The selected Base color does show in the preview pane, but not in the render

2. I am using Iray to render and Iray color options for the hair

3. I reinstalled all of the hairstyle products and double-checked to make sure all of the files were there so maybe it is a scripting issue?

Any help would be greatly appreciated as this is soooo annoying and I don't have any of these issues with the Emelia hair!!!

Post edited by Spectre576 on

Comments

• TottallouTottallou Posts: 555
    edited April 2017

This is what I do which seems to work  -

Add Hair - (Georgia Hair)
    Use Base Mat saying apply 1st
    Choose Base Color (black for test)
    Go to Hairblending - On
    Choose Colour (Pink)
    Choose Blending Style (08)
    Choose Strength - Strength A shows streaks but Strength D is to low so it looks all black

Hope this helps

D1.png
    500 x 500 - 351K
    A1.png
    500 x 500 - 392K
    Post edited by Tottallou on
  • Romulus71Romulus71 Posts: 140

Patrick I have the same problem. Every color I use looks washed out once it is rendered. I'm using 4.8, maybe these textures only look right in 4.9.

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,860

Patrick,

When did you download the hair you are having issues with?  There was an error with Hairblending in DS49 that was fixed.

• ALLIEKATBLUEALLIEKATBLUE Posts: 2,958

I am having the same problems and didn't know there was an update. I think I will update and try again

• Romulus71 said:

Patrick I have the same problem. Every color I use looks washed out once it is rendered. I'm using 4.8, maybe these textures only look right in 4.9.

Thanks for contributing to my post! Just to clarify is the the hair itself that is showing up discolored or something else? Can you provide detais so we can help each other?

• Mattymanx said:

Patrick,

When did you download the hair you are having issues with?  There was an error with Hairblending in DS49 that was fixed.

Hmmm about a month ago I believe, reinstalledit though and all files seem to be there. Which hair specifically have you been having issues with? I would be happy to do what I can to help you out.

• Mattymanx said:

Patrick,

I think I know what you mean, I did realize there were missing files and reinstalled  everything so the missing files are there. They seem to want to work but still having the white hair issues. I am using 4.9

• Romulus71 said:

Thanks for contributing to my post! Just to clarify is the the hair itself that is showing up discolored or something else? Can you provide detais so we can help each other?

They look washed out because the base layers are getting unmatted if that is a word, you may be having the same issue of myself. Try the different Strengths A-D, A being the strongest, then please post some pictures to see if we are experiencing the same issue. See Tattallou's post above to see if this helps in the steps process however I was already following them and did not help. I am still thinking it is a scpriting issue or something.

• Spectre576Spectre576 Posts: 53
    edited April 2017
    Tottallou said:

This is what I do which seems to work  -

Add Hair - (Georgia Hair)
    Use Base Mat saying apply 1st
    Choose Base Color (black for test)
    Go to Hairblending - On
    Choose Colour (Pink)
    Choose Blending Style (08)
    Choose Strength - Strength A shows streaks but Strength D is to low so it looks all black

Hope this helps

Hi Tattallou,

Thank you for your input and putting time into creating rendered examples. Yours seems to be working just fine, which it does for certain hairstyles I own, but I do follow the same steps and they do not work correctly. I know the steps you provided are correct because I have used them before with other hair but they simply do not work with a few of the hair products I have by OOT.

Post edited by Spectre576 on
  • NovicaNovica Posts: 23,858

It would be helpful to know which ones those steps don't work with. 

• Novica said:

I would love your help but I tried to be very specific before with how the hair color changed with each step and provided pictures. Please do offer your input and if you would like pictures of any steps during the process I would be happy to provide them!

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,858
    edited April 2017
    Novica said:

I would love your help but I tried to be very specific before with how the hair color changed with each step and provided pictures. Please do offer your input and if you would like pictures of any steps during the process I would be happy to provide them!

Need the hair products that aren't working, not the steps. You say some work, some don't. People don't want to guess which ones to try the steps on, as they may be testing on hair products that you have already found to work. wink

Post edited by Novica on
  • @Novica No problem, Emilia works Not working : Top model updo Cathy Jazmine Rochelle Super Sleeky
    Mattymanx said:

Patrick,

Hmmm about a month ago I believe, reinstalledit though and all files seem to be there. Which hair specifically have you been having issues with? I would be happy to do what I can to help you out.

Im not having issues cause mine are all updated. 

• Mattymanx said:
    Mattymanx said:

Patrick,

Glad to hear I will try to see if that may be the issue

• Mattymanx said:
    Mattymanx said:

Patrick,

Glad to hear I will try to see if that may be the issue thank you for your time and input much appreciated

• @mattymanx

Sorry I think I got my responses mixed up, I began to have problems immediately, never got them to work correctly but I downloaded them all within the past 3 months. I did not realize there was an update so I will definitely have to look into that.

• ALLIEKATBLUEALLIEKATBLUE Posts: 2,958

@mattymanx

Sorry I think I got my responses mixed up, I began to have problems immediately, never got them to work correctly but I downloaded them all within the past 3 months. I did not realize there was an update so I will definitely have to look into that.

I just downloaded all the oot hair with blending using connect and they all seem to be working.  Although I'm not getting the hairblending to look quite like the promos. I think that the lighting must make the shaders look more prominent or noticable

It's ok.  Happens to all of us.