Any chance for Treadz for Genesis 2 & 3? (NOW IN THE STORE!)

shadowhawk1shadowhawk1 Posts: 2,184
edited October 2016 in The Commons

3dwizard,

I have the Treadz boots for V4 and love them, they are some of the most versatile and morphable boots I have used.  Is there any chance at all of making them for Genesis 2 and Genesis 3 characters? I see there is a set for Genesis but with the way autofit butchers shoes I would love to see a set for the Genesis 2 and 3 characters. I realize that time and profit play a part in this, so that is why I am asking if there is a chance. 

Post edited by shadowhawk1 on

Comments

• fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,074

Cute3d has some running shoes that fit G2F, G2M, G3F, G3M, all in one product. Also some short boots (work shoes) for g3m that probably fit g3f. Slide3d has some goth boots for g3f.

• shadowhawk1shadowhawk1 Posts: 2,184
    fastbike1 said:

Cute3d has some running shoes that fit G2F, G2M, G3F, G3M, all in one product. Also some short boots (work shoes) for g3m that probably fit g3f. Slide3d has some goth boots for g3f.

Unfortunately none of them have the look that the Treadz boots do, and that is what I am looking for. I was kind of hoping that they sold well enough to convert to the other Genesis platforms. 

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,874

One thing I've done, for cases like this, is make two copies of the V4 shoes, make the left invisible on one and the right invisible on the other, parent each to the appropriate foot, make the feet invisible.

It's stupidly elaborate, but hey -- original look preserved and the foot is in the right place.

One thing I've done, for cases like this, is make two copies of the V4 shoes, make the left invisible on one and the right invisible on the other, parent each to the appropriate foot, make the feet invisible.

It's stupidly elaborate, but hey -- original look preserved and the foot is in the right place.

Thanks Tim, but I have never been fond of hiding body parts, I guess that goes all the way back to my Poser days. I wonder if the Genesis version of the boots would autofit without distorting to bad. Autofit always seems to make the toecap crinkle to fit the toes and destroys the look of the boots. 

• KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191

This question was asked in 3dwizard's JeanZ commercial thread.  From what I remember, a new TreadZ was possible if enough people asked for it for G3, not sure about G2.  I would certainly get them if that happened.  I have the older TreadZ boots and they are a great boot.

Oh, Will, that's cleaver!  I'm definitely trying that the next time I use older model shoes on new figures!

This question was asked in 3dwizard's JeanZ commercial thread.  From what I remember, a new TreadZ was possible if enough people asked for it for G3, not sure about G2.  I would certainly get them if that happened.  I have the older TreadZ boots and they are a great boot.

Oh, Will, that's cleaver!  I'm definitely trying that the next time I use older model shoes on new figures!

I didn't follow the Jeanz thread, I use primariy Genesis 2 but I figured if I asked about Genesis 3 as well it would get a response from 3dwizard. Thanks for letting me kno, I will go and take a look at the thread. 

• evilded777evilded777 Posts: 2,437
    edited August 2016

Aren't there Treadz for Genesis (1)? Those would probably convert to Genesis 2 without issue.

http://www.daz3d.com/treadz-for-genesis

Post edited by evilded777 on

Aren't there Treadz for Genesis (1)? Those would probably convert to Genesis 2 without issue.

I have seen that but with autofit and shoes I am leary of spending money to have the shoes deform in ways that they shouldn't. does anyone have the Genesis treads where they could try it out?

• evilded777evilded777 Posts: 2,437

I have seen that but with autofit and shoes I am leary of spending money to have the shoes deform in ways that they shouldn't. does anyone have the Genesis treads where they could try it out?

I can try, but it will be some time before I am at my Studio PC.

I can try, but it will be some time before I am at my Studio PC.

I am patient, thank you for offering I will keep a lookout for it.

• the3dwizardthe3dwizard Posts: 495
    edited August 2016

I will be updating the TreadZ to G2 and G3.  Also plan to add Iray material option.  Just can't give an ETA yet.

Auto fit of the Genesis Treads to G2 doesn't work that will.  You get distortion in the mesh, sorry.  I use a modeling application to alter the mesh to fit the new figure then make new rigging for it to conform.

Thanks for asking!!!!

Post edited by the3dwizard on

I am willing to wait I love your V4/M4 Treadz so I ahve no doubt they will be worth it! Thanks for dropping by and answering my question.

• ScavengerScavenger Posts: 2,664

Hmmm.. I thought I've done the autofit Treadz to G2F and it worked well....but I honestly can't recall now that wiz says it doesn't work well.

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,270
    edited August 2016

I use TreadZ on G2F and G3F via this product: http://www.daz3d.com/victoria-4-for-genesis-2-female

Once I have them on G2F I save them as a wearable and then autofit them to G3F as well. 

TreadZ for V4 on Genesis 3:

I really enjoy that product. It has expanded my wardrobe by a TON. Being able to wear almost anything made for V4 on G2F and G3F is really helpful! 

Although I've noticed that the clothes or shoes can get distorted if the pose is kind of extreme. 

Post edited by 3Diva on

I use TreadZ on G2F and G3F via this product: http://www.daz3d.com/victoria-4-for-genesis-2-female

Once I have them on G2F I save them as a wearable and then autofit them to G3F as well. 

I really enjoy that product. It has expanded my wardrobe by a TON. Being able to wear almost anything made for V4 on G2F and G3F is really helpful! 

Although I've noticed that the clothes or shoes can get distorted if the pose is kind of extreme. 

OK how are you preventing the toe cap from deforming? When I autofit the Treadz boots it causes a feformation of the toe cap. 

edited August 2016

OK how are you preventing the toe cap from deforming? When I autofit the Treadz boots it causes a feformation of the toe cap. 

Diva is using that product to go from V4 to G2F.  Going from G2F to G3F is a much better fit using autofit.  Much, much less distortion in the mesh. 

• I use TreadZ on G2F and G3F via this product: http://www.daz3d.com/victoria-4-for-genesis-2-female

Love that texture on the TreadZ!

edited August 2016

Diva is using that product to go from V4 to G2F.  Going from G2F to G3F is a much better fit using autofit.  Much, much less distortion in the mesh. 

Would there be less distortion if I used the Treadz for Genesis? 

Post edited by shadowhawk1 on

Thanks Divamakeup, I never thought to try the G2F > Wearables step. Here are three samples. First is V4 boot on V4, second is G3F auto fit, finally the "Divamakeup method" : V4 to G2F autofit saved wearable > autofit to G3F. Note that the autofit after the wearables preset is G2F to G3F.

V4 Boots -V4.png
    750 x 750 - 465K
    V4 Boots - G3F Autofit.png
    750 x 750 - 470K
    V4 Boots - G2F - G3F.png
    750 x 750 - 434K
    edited August 2016

You get the distortion going from Genesis to G2F.  There is no built in template in DS to go from Genesis to G3F so the clothes/shoes just don't fit properly without additional work.

You can get almost decent results if you autofit the Genesis TreadZ to G2F using the "Unsupported" option in the AutoFit popup.  Then apply a Smoothing Modifier to the TreadZ to take care of the poke through in the shin/calf.  

Sickleyield's product might work with the "Divamakeup method". http://www.daz3d.com/genesis-2-female-clone-for-genesis 

You get the distortion going from Genesis to G2F.  There is no built in template in DS to go from Genesis to G3F so the clothes shoes just don't fit properly without additional work.

• It might for those just needing a quick fit.   When I do conversions I use a modeling program to fit the base mesh to the new figure.  It gives me more control and I haven't found a script that will do do it to my standards.  Even character morphs I do by hand as the autofits almost never look right to me, i.e. crunching in the wrong places or morphing where it shouldn't.

Since we are on the topic.  Anything people would like to see in a new version of the TreadZ?

Cheers!

edited August 2016

It might for those just needing a quick fit.   When I do conversions I use a modeling program to fit the base mesh to the new figure.  It gives me more control and I haven't found a script that will do do it to my standards.  Even character morphs I do by hand as the autofits almost never look right to me, i.e. crunching in the wrong places or morphing where it shouldn't.

Since we are on the topic.  Anything people would like to see in a new version of the TreadZ?

Cheers!

I'd really love to see some cute and funky options as well as a couple of additional dye channels. I'd love to be able to dye the trim, like in this photo (the pink laced shoes - I'd love to be able to have a couple of dye channels like those where the pink trim is around the top, down the front, and along the top of the sole:

Having some cute and funky shader options as well as a couple of additional dye channels would definitely make it a purchase for me. 

Here are some ideas of what I'm talking about as far as "cute and funky" lol: 

The wonderful thing about TreadZ is that hey can be combat boots splattered with blood and dirt and gore (and that's a good idea, maybe a couple bloody or dirty options), or they can be sweet and cute happy shoes. Their diversity is their strength and I love them! I hope to see them welcomed into the new generation of figures with that diversity showcased. :)

Edit - I definitely think a dirty boot option (perhaps via L.I.E.) would be pretty sweet.

Post edited by 3Diva on
    edited August 2016
    fastbike1 said:

Thanks Divamakeup, I never thought to try the G2F > Wearables step. Here are three samples. First is V4 boot on V4, second is G3F auto fit, finally the "Divamakeup method" : V4 to G2F autofit saved wearable > autofit to G3F. Note that the autofit after the wearables preset is G2F to G3F.

Hahah "Divamakeup method" - I like that! lol 

I'm glad you found it helpful. :) It works pretty well for clothes as well. Most of my favorite V4 outfits and shoes are saved as G2F wearable presets. It makes it easy to fit them to either G2F or G3F via autofit. 

Post edited by 3Diva on
  • It might for those just needing a quick fit.   When I do conversions I use a modeling program to fit the base mesh to the new figure.  It gives me more control and I haven't found a script that will do do it to my standards.  Even character morphs I do by hand as the autofits almost never look right to me, i.e. crunching in the wrong places or morphing where it shouldn't.

Cheers!

I'd really love to see some cute and funky options as well as a couple of additional dye channels. I'd love to be able to dye the trim, like in this photo (the pink laced shoes - I'd love to be able to have a couple of dye channels like those where the pink trim is around the top, down the front, and along the top of the sole:

Having some cute and funky shader options as well as a couple of additional dye channels would definitely make it a purchase for me. 

The wonderful thing about TreadZ is that hey can be combat boots splattered with blood and dirt and gore (and that's a good idea, maybe a couple bloody or dirty options), or they can be sweet and cute happy shoes. Their diversity is their strength and I love them! I hope to see them welcomed into the new generation of figures with that diversity showcased. :)

Edit - I definitely think a dirty boot option (perhaps via L.I.E.) would be pretty sweet.

"Cute and Funky"  Never thought of the TreadZ as that :D however I can see what you are saying.  I can go ahead and more material surfaces so you can color the trim like at the top of the shoe or sole.  That would be easy to do.

As a FYI, you can dirty up existing textures using geometry shells.

Thanks for the ideas!

treadzgeometryshell1.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 198K
    edited August 2016

It might for those just needing a quick fit.   When I do conversions I use a modeling program to fit the base mesh to the new figure.  It gives me more control and I haven't found a script that will do do it to my standards.  Even character morphs I do by hand as the autofits almost never look right to me, i.e. crunching in the wrong places or morphing where it shouldn't.

Cheers!

"Cute and Funky"  Never thought of the TreadZ as that :D however I can see what you are saying.  I can go ahead and more material surfaces so you can color the trim like at the top of the shoe or sole.  That would be easy to do.

Thanks for the ideas!

I don't know how to do geometry shells. I'm willing to bet the average Daz Studio user doesn't either. lol Having a preset for that, that comes with the product, would be great. :)

Post edited by 3Diva on

Cheers!

Thanks for the ideas!

I don't know how to do geometry shells. I'm willing to be the average Daz Studio user doesn't either. lol Having a preset for that, that comes with the product, would be great. :)

Sure preset textures are cool, but let me show you how to do geometry shells :D

Cheers!

Thanks for the ideas!

I don't know how to do geometry shells. I'm willing to be the average Daz Studio user doesn't either. lol Having a preset for that, that comes with the product, would be great. :)

Ohhh a tutorial! Thank you! I'll check it out! :)

edited August 2016

Cheers!

Thanks for the ideas!

That is fantastic! Dirties them up nicely! 

I even used a geoshell to make freckles! 

I love that you can save them as wearable presets - awesome! Thank you so much for the tutorial! yes

Post edited by 3Diva on

@divamakeup

I have to thank you again. I've never really used the "save as" presets except for Save As Scene Subset. Wearables is very useful and made me look into the other choices as well. So: Thanks yes.

@the3dwizard

Thanks for the Geoshell tutorial link. I've been a bit fuzzy on Geoshells as well. That helped a bunch