Teen Princess Leila

2»

Comments

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,501
    kyoto kid said:

..so anyone who has her, have you tried using morphs like Breasts Smaller, Breasts Gone, or using special morphs like Dogz Natural Breast Shapes or Zev0's Growing Up?

Breasts Small seems to work decently over its full range; Breasts Gone and the Youth Morph cause problems past about 50-60%.

That said, it was not difficult to take her into Hexagon and create a corrective morph for Breasts Gone. (Liberal application of the Soften tool, and a light touch with the Displacement tool.)

An extra benefit of this is that if you dial up the corrective morph without using Breasts Gone, it gives her a chest shape similar enough to base G3F that you can use many breast morphs that work on the base figure.

...looking to not have to do so as my modelling skills are atill pretty bad. Just asking to make sure I can use her as a base for some of my characters before plunking down the zlotys. A young character should allow for better breast sizing for petite to flat.  This has been one of my banes with Daz female characters.

Dogz said:
    kyoto kid said:

kyoto kid said:

..so anyone who has her, have you tried using morphs like Breasts Smaller, Breasts Gone, or using special morphs like Dogz Natural Breast Shapes or Zev0's Growing Up?

Breasts Small seems to work decently over its full range; Breasts Gone and the Youth Morph cause problems past about 50-60%.

That said, it was not difficult to take her into Hexagon and create a corrective morph for Breasts Gone. (Liberal application of the Soften tool, and a light touch with the Displacement tool.)

An extra benefit of this is that if you dial up the corrective morph without using Breasts Gone, it gives her a chest shape similar enough to base G3F that you can use many breast morphs that work on the base figure.

Ill tell you a trick, if you want to use any Breast Morphs with Zev0s Youth Morph,

First, Locate The 'Youth Cheast Adjustment' morph included with Youth Morph,

Second, Edit its parameters so that its negative value limit is set to -100%  

Third, Now dial it to a minus percentage to match the Value you have Youth morph dialed up.

(E.g using 25% Youth Morph, Dial Youth Chest Adjustment to -25%)

Now dial in the Desired Breast Morph, it should work much better. :)

...that sounds much more feasable for me.  I'll give that a try.

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,742

I'm really on the fence about her at the moment.  I really like her look and I'm sure I'll get her eventually, but I bought so many new characters at crazy prices during the PA sale that I could literally go two months using a new character every day and never repeat once...  and I still have characters I haven't touched from the last two sales and a big stack from Rendo...  Decisions, decisions... 

• kyoto kid said:
    kyoto kid said:

...looking to not have to do so as my modelling skills are atill pretty bad. Just asking to make sure I can use her as a base for some of my characters before plunking down the zlotys. A young character should allow for better breast sizing for petite to flat.  This has been one of my banes with Daz female characters.

If you have "modeling skills", even if they're pretty bad, you're ahead of where I was when I started doing these morphs. Creating a Breasts Gone correction morph (for another character) was literally the first thing I ever did in Hexagon.

...I wouldn't even know how to go about that in Hexagon.  Couldn't one just create a morph in Daz?.

As to being on the fence, kind of the same here especially considering I spent so much time over the years developing teen characters since back in the the Gen4 days when there were no teen figures (one item that helped was Jamminwolfe's Tindra Thompson, she had three or four different "age" shapes, kind oif a Gen 4 version of Growing Up).  Genesis and the later incarnations, along with Zev0's Growing Up morphs helped simplified the process. However, one of the issues was still "breast reduction" as even some of the teen figures (save for Julie 5) were still somewhat "well endowed" and reducing the size resulted "crumpling" of the areola and nipple region which distorted clothing fits.

Still I really like her head/face shape, her skin map, and the fact she doesn't have pouty lips.  I still have about 6$ of a GC left so that would bring the price down to around 10$ but kind of wanting to save that for when Skin Builder Pro3 is released as PC coupons don't work on new releases.

• lx_2807502lx_2807502 Posts: 2,996

I'm basically in the same boat. She looks lovely and I'll definitely grab her sooner or later, but massive oversending during the PC+ sale means waiting for awhile.

Julie 5 is still the best character of any generation when it comes to having chest adjustment options that don't send clothing crazy. So sad Julie 7 didn't have the same flexibility, but it's cool to at least see other characters appearing.

• murgatroyd314murgatroyd314 Posts: 1,426
    edited November 2016
    kyoto kid said:

...I wouldn't even know how to go about that in Hexagon.  Couldn't one just create a morph in Daz?.

Here's my workflow. I just did a new correction morph while writing this up, so I'm pretty sure I didn't leave anything out. The whole process took less than an hour, and about three quarters of that was writing it all up.

-----

Start a new scene. Load your figure and dial up the character. Dial Breasts Gone to whatever value comes closest to the desired shape - this may be 100%, but other values have worked better for some characters.

(I like to use SpyroRue's G3F Grey Materials to better see the shape, but I'm pretty sure the materials don't really matter.)

Send To Hexagon.

In Hexagon, select the figure. In the Properties sidebar, click on Symmetry. It should automatically select "X", which is what you want. This cuts the work in half by applying whatever you do to one side of the figure to the other side, and indeed makes it possible to do exactly the same thing to both sides.

From the UV and Paint tab, select the Soften Tool. Drag it all over the crumpled areas of the chest.

Rotate the viewport, to see how the changes look from various angles. If you like it, great, you can skip to the part where you export to take it back to Studio. If you're not satisfied, it's time for displacement.

From the UV and Paint tab, select the Displacement Brush Tool. A lot more can go wrong with this tool than with Soften, so be prepared to undo your failed attempts and try again. Click-and-drag to pull outward; shift-click-and-drag to push inward. Move quickly and use a light touch - it's easy to do more than you intended. Do this until you're close to what you want, then go back to the Soften Tool. Lather, rinse, repeat.

When you're satisfied, export as OBJ (sending it back via the bridge doesn't seem to allow the necessary import options). Use the default export options.

Go back over to Studio. Before doing anything else, make sure that the figure has Breasts Gone dialed to 100%, even if you used a different value before export.

With the figure selected, click Edit>Figure>Morph Loader Pro.

Choose the Silo preset - the Hexagon one seems to have the wrong scale. Use the "Choose Morph Files" button to select the OBJ you just exported from Hexagon. Click the little arrow to show options, right click the "no" next to Reverse Deformations, and change it to "yes". Click Accept. Click OK.

Your new morph will be in the Parameters tab under Morphs>Morph Loader. Dial it up to make sure it works properly - you should see the character's chest smooth out, with no other changes. If that isn't what happens, go back through what you just did and figure out what went wrong. If it's working right, continue.

Right click on the morph and turn Edit Mode on. Use Parameter Settings to give it the name you want, change the type to Modifier/Corrective, and change the path to Hidden/Corrective.

Your morph just vanished from Morphs>Morph Loader. This is exactly what is supposed to happen. In the Parameters tab, go to Currently Used. Right-click on the character's Body morph (NOT the full-character control dial, unless the character doesn't have separate head and body morphs), and select "Show in Property Hierarchy". Resize the resulting pane until you can see what you're doing. Click the little triangle on the body morph to expand its properties, then click the triangle by Sub-Components. Drag and drop your correction morph onto "1st Stage (Add/Subtract)".

Back in Properties>Currently Used, right-click Breasts Gone, and select "Show in Property Hierarchy". Expand it and Sub-Components. Drag and drop your correction morph onto "2nd Stage (Multiply/Divide)". You can now close the Property Hierarchy pane.

Zero your figure and dial up the character and Breasts Gone, to make sure it's working properly. If it is, you're ready to save. File>Save As>Support Asset>Morph Asset(s). Expand (figure)>Hidden>Correctives, and check the box next to your new morph. Leave all other boxes unchecked. Click Accept.

Your morph should now be available to use in all new scenes.

Post edited by murgatroyd314 on
    lx said:

I'm basically in the same boat. She looks lovely and I'll definitely grab her sooner or later, but massive oversending during the PC+ sale means waiting for awhile.

Julie 5 is still the best character of any generation when it comes to having chest adjustment options that don't send clothing crazy. So sad Julie 7 didn't have the same flexibility, but it's cool to at least see other characters appearing.

...I agree. I have the GenX2 extesnion for G3  I could just load the entire character shape into G3F via G2F (I already have a G2F version of her) and see how that works. A lot easier than going though all those steps as well as trial and error above.

Here is the original Julie 5 version of my character Leela.

leela 5 test.jpg
    600 x 848 - 303K
  • PA_ThePhilosopherPA_ThePhilosopher Posts: 1,039
    edited November 2016

I just wanted to give everyone a heads up, I will be releasing a small update to correct the diffuse maps mistmatch in the viewport (big thanks to @bluejaunte for the help in this). 

This way, if you plan to use the diffuse maps in other projects, you can do so without issue. 

Sorry, beginners mistake on my part. Mea Culpa.

@Sainsy
    @scorpio
    @Artini
    @ToeJam
    @CypherFOX
    @kyoto kid
    @Cybersox13
    @lx
    @Murgatroyd
    @Knittingmommy
    @mork
    @nicstt
    @thistledownsname
    @DancingCat

Post edited by PA_ThePhilosopher on
  • nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714

I just wanted to give everyone a heads up, I will be releasing a small update to correct the diffuse maps mistmatch in the viewport (big thanks to @bluejaunte for the help in this). 

This way, if you plan to use the diffuse maps in other projects, you can do so without issue. 

@Sainsy
    @scorpio
    @Artini
    @ToeJam
    @CypherFOX
    @kyoto kid
    @Cybersox13
    @lx
    @Murgatroyd
    @Knittingmommy
    @mork
    @nicstt
    @thistledownsname
    @DancingCat

These things happen; i have so much stuff to work through (PA sale), and limited time, that I will get your item eventually. But like to check out everything before the 30 days are up incase I find issues. And I do find em; we all make mistakes.

• nelsonsmithnelsonsmith Posts: 1,319

@Sainsy
    @scorpio
    @Artini
    @ToeJam
    @CypherFOX
    @kyoto kid
    @Cybersox13
    @lx
    @Murgatroyd
    @Knittingmommy
    @mork
    @nicstt
    @thistledownsname
    @DancingCat

No sweat, she's still a marvelous figure.

...haven't actually purchased her yet as I need to scrape up some extra finances first.

• The eyebrows aren't working in the 4.9.3.128 Beta.  All I'm seeing is a grey block, and the log file says this:

2016-11-22 21:08:56.549 WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(10744): UV set: "/data/The%20Philosopher/Teen%20Princess%20Leila/Teen%20Priness%20Leila%20Eyebrows/UV%20Sets/The%20Philosopher/Base/default.dsf#default" has wrong vertex/facet count

Liela Eyebrows.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 596K
  • VisuimagVisuimag Posts: 547

The eyebrows aren't working in the 4.9.3.128 Beta.  All I'm seeing is a grey block, and the log file says this:

2016-11-22 21:08:56.549 WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(10744): UV set: "/data/The%20Philosopher/Teen%20Princess%20Leila/Teen%20Priness%20Leila%20Eyebrows/UV%20Sets/The%20Philosopher/Base/default.dsf#default" has wrong vertex/facet count

Yup! Same issue here

• nelsonsmithnelsonsmith Posts: 1,319

LoL.  If you could lower that, you could perhaps get a female version of the X-men Cyclops out of it.

• Strange thing is, they work fine in DS 4.9.2.70.