NEW! Novica & Invited Guest Contributors Tips & Product Reviews Pt 6

Comments

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,858
    edited December 1969

One thing I notice with Adaline, is when you apply the head shape it applies a figure shape as well. Are you noticing that too Novica? Also, have you tried the skin in Gen 3 starter essentials yet?

No, hadn't noticed. I'll have to go try her. I'm working with Summer, who I think I like as much as Adaline.
    I do like the SSS at 50%- did you have to change your lighting at all?
    Haven't tried the starter essentials anything yet :)

One thing on Adaline- those bloodshot eyes seemed way more noticeable in the promos than when you render her. I would encourage people to give her a try.

Summer for Victoria 7
    Honey Hair for Genesis 2 Female(s)
    Post Apocalyptic Outfit for Genesis 3 Female(s)
    A Walk Across Water

http://www.daz3d.com/summer-for-victoria-7
    http://www.daz3d.com/honey-hair-for-genesis-2-female-s
    http://www.daz3d.com/post-apocalyptic-outfit-for-genesis-3-female-s
    http://www.daz3d.com/a-walk-across-water

Here's Summer with Honey Hair. So far, I haven't found ANY Genesis 2 hair that WOULDN'T work with Gen3F. Going on like a breeze.
    Haven't tried clothes.

Again, expressions are very easy with Gen 3. For everyone concerned about the release of a new figure, try the remarkable fluidity of these expressions. It will make you feel better!

Yeah, another skimpy outfit. I'm showing you what came in the Pro Bundle, because otherwise this will never get used LOL.

summerG3Pier.jpg
    720 x 900 - 389K
    edited December 1969

Another view.
    i13 Sexy Model Poses for Victoria 7
    http://www.daz3d.com/i13-sexy-model-poses-for-victoria-7

Something fun about this outfit- the side of the top is held together by a safety pin. I was like, "What the heck is that thing?.....Ohhhhh..."

SummerG3FApocalypticHoneyHairModelPoses.jpg
    720 x 900 - 194K
  • Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,551
    edited December 1969

I was disappointed that outfit was included in the pro pack, since it looks so painted on and not nearly as realistic as the other clothing.

But you did amazing things with it in your pictures. I really wish DAZ would allow people to build their own pro bundles. I hate buying content I have no use for, because the overall price is good.

I am curious about pose converter products for genesis 3. Did anyone buy those? There are two products, and I'm just curious which people like.

I decided earlier that I'm not going to rebuy gen 3 poses when I have so mnay gen 2 poses. Would love to have a product that makes it easy to covnert the pose.

• AJ2112AJ2112 Posts: 1,416
    edited December 1969

Beautiful render.

I like this image. She looks mature rather than girlish which I like.

V7 looks better to me with her Sss turned down 50 percent.

Okay, here is V7

Invited Guest Contributor

Outfit:

Austrani outfit for genesis 3 females http://www.daz3d.com/austrani-outfit-for-genesis-3-female-s

Hair:
    Elegance Hair http://www.daz3d.com/elegance-hair

• AJ2112AJ2112 Posts: 1,416
    edited December 1969

Really enjoying the renders on this thread ;-)

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,017
    edited June 2015

I was disappointed that outfit was included in the pro pack, since it looks so painted on and not nearly as realistic as the other clothing.

But you did amazing things with it in your pictures. I really wish DAZ would allow people to build their own pro bundles. I hate buying content I have no use for, because the overall price is good.

I am curious about pose converter products for genesis 3. Did anyone buy those? There are two products, and I'm just curious which people like.

I decided earlier that I'm not going to rebuy gen 3 poses when I have so mnay gen 2 poses. Would love to have a product that makes it easy to covnert the pose.

I bought the Zev0 one and so far it worked very well. I was surprised to see another converter just a couple day later.
    Post edited by barbult on
    edited June 2015

At first glance, I've got this one
    Pose Converter Genesis 2 Female(s) to Genesis 3 Female(s)

and the Zev0 DraagonStorm bundle:
    http://www.daz3d.com/pose-builder-genesis-3-bundle

I haven't tried either. For us non-tech folks are they easy to use?

And thanks for the compliments. :)

Safyrana Hair
    Austrani Outfit for Genesis 3 Female(s)

http://www.daz3d.com/safyrana-hair
    http://www.daz3d.com/austrani-outfit-for-genesis-3-female-s

Hadn't used Safyrana Hair before. I rather like it.

SummerG3FSafyrana.jpg
    1458 x 1823 - 1M
    Post edited by Novica on
    edited December 1969

barbult said:
    I bought the Zev0 one and so far it worked very well. I was surprised to see another converter just a couple day later.

Do you have time to show us any? :)

edited June 2015

Pose Converter Genesis 2 Female(s) to Genesis 3 Female(s)
    http://www.daz3d.com/pose-converter-genesis-2-female-s-to-genesis-3-female-s

As usual, I'm not hestitant at all to say I'm not "getting it." This is frustrating as usual- no information in the 3DU's ReadMe. I find it pathetic when vendors can't take twenty minutes or less to explain how their product works. (I'm not going to be charitable and sugar coat it.)

A box pops up and asks you to select a duf file.

So I went into Content>People>Gen2F>Poses then 3DUniverse (trying Eclypse poses) and it said one file converted. So next question would be, where did it go? Was I supposed to have the Gen 3 figure selected? (Tried that and it didn't do anything.)

What the heck am I supposed to do? Where's the file? It didn't go under G3 > Poses in Content Library. It didn't give me the option to select a file to put it in. It didn't do anything to the Gen 3 figure in the viewport when I had that selected when the pose was converted. ARRRGGGH.

Post edited by Novica on
    edited December 1969

It shows up in the same location in my files (where I browsed to originally, as listed above) but it's not showing up in the studio in Poses, so how do I use it?

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,563
    edited December 1969

Novica said:
    It shows up in the same location in my files (where I browsed to originally, as listed above) but it's not showing up in the studio in Poses, so how do I use it?

It's not showing up in that folder in DAZ Studio Formats, or it's not showing up in Categories/Smart Content?

edited June 2015

Okay folks:

After you convert the file (go to Content>People>Genesis 2>Poses>pick your pose, click script button)
    Select Gen3 F in Scene tab
    Go in Content Library back to Gen 2 F>Poses>your original pose
    The other one will be there, labeled with G3 on the end.

So you find it in the Gen 2 poses in Content Library after conversion, not the Gen 3.

Post edited by Novica on
    edited June 2015

Okay, these are going to be sloppy- on purpose. I am showing you how the Gen 2 F poses went onto the Gen 3 F and had to put clothes on the gals, obviously. I am NOT TWEAKING AT ALL. You will see clothes with fingers going through, fingers going through the skin of the other arm, hip, whatever. I am showing you the out of the box so you will see how much tweaking needs to be done.

I picked the scanty outfits so you could see the poses better.
    I really noticed the bends in the toes right away. Seems much better on G3.
    DID NOT MOVE THE CAMERA AT ALL.

These are Eclypse poses from Gen2. If you're not sure what you're looking at then mouse over. It will say Gen 2 or Gen 3 at the end of the file name.

More coming, check this post.

Pose3DUeclypse3_G3.jpg
    1120 x 1200 - 208K
    Pose3DUeclypse3_G2.jpg
    1120 x 1200 - 200K
    Pose3DUeclypse1_G3.jpg
    1120 x 900 - 191K
    Pose3DUeclypse1_G2.jpg
    1120 x 900 - 190K
    Post edited by Novica on
    edited December 1969

@awesomefb Thanks for the compliment. It was rather tough to get V7 and the lights to match what I was really looking for.

@Novica. Thanks for this demo. I know I'm going to pick up one package today. I have to read the description and check the prices. I have so many female poses, I just don't see much reason to rebuy more.

edited December 1969

Sure, no problem. If I can figure out how to get the other one to work, I'll test these poses and you can compare the two. Had to laugh at the wild eyed last render. Hand really went to head instead of to lips. Interesting.

Let me say in defense of this product though- once you initially browse to the folder, when you click the script button to "browse to duf" it always goes to that folder and it's click and done. You simply click script again, click, and another pose done. RAPID FAST to convert poses. Rapid doesn't even describe it.

edited December 1969

Novica said:

It's not showing up in that folder in DAZ Studio Formats, or it's not showing up in Categories/Smart Content?

Thanks for trying to help Mike :) It was in the Gen 2 Pose folder in Content Library. I gave up using Smart Content long ago lol as Content Library is so much faster. Things keep unclicking/unselecting in Smart and it's a pain.

edited December 1969

I just wish there was a product which could auto-convert poses. It seems challenging to have to do them individually.

edited June 2015

With 3D Universe's, it is fast because the folder, once opened, opens automatically when you click the script again.
    I looked at Zev0's and will get to that in a minute. Seems much more complicated and when I tried to do a folder (the same one, Eclypse) it said the folder was empty. I'll have to play but wanted to show you this: so simple!

EDIT: so after you select your file by clicking on it, the pose is made. Done.
    Then click the script button, select a different pose (it will open in the same folder, in this case Eclypse) click and done.
    Repeat. You can do all the poses shown here in less than 30 seconds I bet.

Then they all appear in the Gen 2 poses section under 3DU for Eclypse.

converter.jpg
    1304 x 1646 - 252K
    Post edited by Novica on
    edited December 1969

On the other hand, here's the other converter. I'm not doing something right, but I would think for the "select folder and subfolder to convert" that I could select 3D Universe. It says folder empty! (But when I go check- and panic attack, thinking arrgh, what did that other converter do to me?) all the Eclypse poses are still there, waiting....

So you can see for initial ease of use, the one by 3D Universe wins hands down. But I want to compare poses. So what am I supposed to do?
    Still putzing.

converter2.jpg
    1575 x 835 - 131K
  • TJohnTJohn Posts: 10,991
    edited June 2015

Been using the 3DU Converter some. I don't own the other (yet). Some observations:
    You can shift/select all the poses in a folder at once, and it will convert them all.
    All poses will need tweaking. Eclypse is an extreme morph so her poses are probably not going to translate well to G3F. If you've ever tried to apply Aiko 6 poses to Olympia 6, you will see a similar problem which needs a lot of tweaking.
    Try converting some poses made for Base G2F to use on Base G3F, I think you'll need to tweak them less (but still tweak).
    I do not believe expressions can be converted. Of course I don't believe you can use expression morphs from one mesh on other meshes.
    John :)

Post edited by TJohn on
    edited December 1969

thanks for the info :) Yeah, I started with Eclypse as am doing my poses right down the line and not skipping around.

I am really in a mood tonight, the Zev0 one doesn't have a decent ReadMe either, and that "support" thumbnail takes you to a 15 page thread that after going through 6 pages of their OTHER product, I said screw it and quit reading it. These vendors are on my you-know-what-list at the moment. (But they're really nice people, I might add.)

KISS people. (Keep It Simple.) For dummies like me- or ones who are losing patience FAST.

Barbult, I saw on that thread that you have gotten the stupid thing to work. Am I doing this right by going to the same file path as I did with 3DU's? (The content>people>gen 2> poses? I don't get why my 3DU folder is showing empty when I try to select it for the folder and subfolder. (Barbult or anyone else)

edited December 1969

So many of the folders are showing empty (and they aren't) but selected one that had some files. Made the path that they would go to (that top section of the screenshot where it says to designate the path) Converted G3F.

Batch converted, that folder is empty. LOVELY.

On the other hand, back to 3DU's which is easy smeezy, works quickly and as pointed out, you can batch convert with that one too.
    Of course, a decent ReadMe, and maybe this could all be avoided. That is Daz's fault for letting a product launch without one.

I'm probably returning the Zev0 one and I can't recommend it right now. I'll wait a bit and see what's posted as to what I'm doing wrong. (It has to be me.)

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,017
    edited December 1969

Novica said:
    barbult said:

Do you have time to show us any? :)I'm traveling now and don't have a computer with me, but I can do some when I'm back home.

edited December 1969

Thanks Barbult. Travel safely :)
    I'd like to know how the heck to get it to work.

Even if it is something I'm doing wrong, what is most disappointing is wasting my time.

The Support thumbnail in Studio takes you to the commercial thread, and I waded through SIX pages before quitting in disgust, as it's not on the converter, it's about the pose builder. If you're going to link to a support page about the pose CONVERTER, then do support for that, not the BUILDER. Over an hour going through an irrelevant thread, and trying to get this to work- showing empty files, converting some then having the designated folder in Content Library that is empty (and yes, I refreshed.)

• GiGi_7GiGi_7 Posts: 1,343
    edited December 1969

tjohn said:
    Been using the 3DU Converter some. I don't own the other (yet). Some observations:
    You can shift/select all the poses in a folder at once, and it will convert them all.
    All poses will need tweaking. Eclypse is an extreme morph so her poses are probably not going to translate well to G3F. If you've ever tried to apply Aiko 6 poses to Olympia 6, you will see a similar problem which needs a lot of tweaking.
    Try converting some poses made for Base G2F to use on Base G3F, I think you'll need to tweak them less (but still tweak).
    I do not believe expressions can be converted. Of course I don't believe you can use expression morphs from one mesh on other meshes.
    John :)

Expression morphs can be converted from V4 to Genesis, for example, with GenX2 beause these are morph. But conversion to expression pose G3F is impossible, moreover can be not desirable because "old" expresion are less detailed that the possible version in G3F.

In other hand, some old expression are based in basic morphs representing basic emotions, if this basic emotions have a representative in G3 basic expression poses, some type of translation could be tried.

edited December 1969

Thanks gilikshe!

edited December 1969

Okay, got it to work using Olympia. However (and I've only done this once, will try again in a minute) I could only select one file under Olympia. The first time I selected the main file, it converted but didn't show up. This time I picked a file. I'll have to see if it will let me select more than one, but I think I tried that and it wouldn't.

One thing I don't like- when I went to do another file, unlike 3DU's, I had to click through all that path to get to the poses section again. (the People>Gen2>Poses. Tedious. So let me go tinker with it and see how to select multiple files. Still don't know why a LOT of my pose files say empty when they are NOT.

converter4.jpg
    1588 x 1192 - 293K
    edited December 1969

Oh what fun. NOT.
    The Sensual Olympia had two files for each pose (Like Stand_05F), one without an F and one with. When I tried the F file nothing happened. When I tried to non-F, the pose is mirrored the other way.

So this is Zev0, 3DU, and G2 with the Sensual Olympia Standing 05.Zev0's goes the wrong direction, but 3DU's hand is wrong, up in the air and not grasping at all.

But I'm doing it again to be sure. This is not fun.

PoseSensualOlympiaStand05.jpg
    1200 x 1200 - 337K
    edited June 2015

Okay, it's doing it again with Zev0's. Now when I go to the Genesis 2>Poses section to select the folder and it's files to convert, once again it is showing that a folder is empty. It is NOT. It did this with the Eclypse folder too.
    my post: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/52145/P855/#847790

I'm trying to think of what I'm doing wrong, but I am simply going into the directory (the Content>People>Generation 2>Poses the exact same way I did the standing pose, and the product is reading that the Sensual Olympia folder is empty when it isn't. Nothing I could do would cause that error.

converter5.jpg
    2000 x 1513 - 357K
    Post edited by Novica on
    edited December 1969

I'm asking for advice over in Commons on the converter thread, to see if Zev0 has any ideas. I love Zev0's products so there has to be something funky going on. Not going to waste anymore time on it, ruined my Friday night as it is.

This discussion has been closed.