Novica & Forum Members Tips & Product Reviews Pt 8

Comments

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,858

Cayennes  eyebrows look good. Texture is a bit matte and flat-looking though.

I agree. She definitely could use some specular sheen and I would take some of the ruddy out. I do like that she's not a typical character, with the elongated mouth and longer nose. 

• KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191

I like seeing the lighting presets!  Thanks, Novica!  :)

I like seeing the lighting presets!  Thanks, Novica!  :)

Sure, my pleasure. They look better on characters which aren't ruddy, but at least you'll see the variety.

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

I really kind of like the Cayenne's wider mouth.  The last thing I need is another character though...

• NathNath Posts: 2,707

I really kind of like the Cayenne's wider mouth.  The last thing I need is another character though...

A lot of that shoul be achievable by dialspinning:)

• donovancolbertdonovancolbert Posts: 1,421
    edited April 2017

@Wonderland 

Screenshot (59).png
    1714 x 650 - 109K
    Post edited by donovancolbert on

Lexi for Rune 7.  I'm sorry I couldn't let it render long enough to get all the grain out of her skin but I'm leaving for a concert in about 15 minutes and won't be back til late.

Ahem. Oh no you don't. We want to hear about the concert! Well, I'm headed off to get some sleep, so I'll get details later. :) 

TIP: Let's talk about problems with the downloads. If your items aren't showing up in DIM at all, I think it was Charlie who suggested manually putting the zip file into the DIM download folder and then using DIM to install it. (You manually download the file from your Product Library.)  Woot, it worked! If you don't remember what folder you chose in DIM, remember to click the cog in the upper right corner and then go to Downloads, it will tell you.

So I'm having a big week. First the click the mouse wheel, now the quickie way to install via DIM. (Again, you'd think I'd know that.) 

Does that work on Renderosity files too?

Hey, remember you only have through midnight tomorrow to submit your list of Top 3-5 products you used in renders for March. 

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,551

Oddly enough, DIM Connected but, told me it needed to run an update on itself. It failed to do so, and when I started it up again, it did seem to see my downloads. The manual way does work- I was able to install some content that way. Unfortunately, I have to leave for work soon due to needing to work a saturday shift so won't be able to play for a while.

No, it doesn't work on Rendo files, unless you use that install packaging utility to make them dim compatible.

No, it doesn't work on Rendo files, unless you use that install packaging utility to make them dim compatible.

Oh thanks for the reminder. I have that. I don't remember what it's called so I can't find it in Product Library. I tried download, install, file, manager- anyone know what it is?

Novica said:

Lexi for Rune 7.  I'm sorry I couldn't let it render long enough to get all the grain out of her skin but I'm leaving for a concert in about 15 minutes and won't be back til late.

Ahem. Oh no you don't. We want to hear about the concert! Well, I'm headed off to get some sleep, so I'll get details later. :) 

lol!  It was a great concert, started at 6:30 and I think we got out of there around 10:45.  5 bands/singers in all.  Matt Meiher (no idea if I spelled that right) Mandisa, Toby Mac, and two others. (Christian rock for anyone who doesn't recognize the names).  It was a blast, thanks for asking!

• FerretmaniaFerretmania Posts: 883
    edited April 2017
    Novica said:

Oh thanks for the reminder. I have that. I don't remember what it's called so I can't find it in Product Library. I tried download, install, file, manager- anyone know what it is?

Content Package Assist maybe ?  :  https://www.daz3d.com/content-package-assist

Post edited by Ferretmania on

I'm getting a 404, maybe it's the comma or a space? If you'll check/change that, I'll go to Product Library and try the title. Thanks! I wouldn't have found it otherwise with that title!

Wow, what's going on with the site? Images are spinning a long time, pages are loading like molasses. Bingo, you were right though. Thanks SO much!

https://www.daz3d.com/content-package-assist

• FerretmaniaFerretmania Posts: 883

Fixed. I wonder were that comma came from LOL  (I blame my double vision! ) 

You're welcome , I'm happy to help ! 

It looks like a neat program and very handy. I'm just waiting for it to go on sale. 

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770

I actually use the manual method quite often. I pull down the bigger files at work (shhh), put them on a flash drive and install when I get home.Having metered internet is so much fun! 

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,683

Yes, thanks laughI was able to get it for a decent price last night.

@Wonderland 

Interesting that folks haven't chatted about the 20% off the gift cards, which is not a glitch. If you are a Bonus Buyer, it's 10%, and it's another 10% if you own one of the two items listed. (Dante or Tamara, or their bundles.)  May expire within 30 minutes (probably will.) 

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,254
    Novica said:

Interesting that folks haven't chatted about the 20% off the gift cards, which is not a glitch. If you are a Bonus Buyer, it's 10%, and it's another 10% if you own one of the two items listed. (Dante or Tamara, or their bundles.)  May expire within 30 minutes (probably will.) 

It didn't. It's still there for today -- 10% off + 10% off is a net of 19% off. And no new purchase is required so you can get it before your other purchase and then use it for a little bit extra off.

• isidornisidorn Posts: 1,601

Yesterday I finally got my first render for this month finished (well, first DAZ safe, anyway). While I was setting the scene up earlier this week, I realized it would qualify for this month's Monthly PC+ contest, as I was using some MM purchases, which is the qualifier this month. So anyone that's a PC+ member and rendering something that you bought during March Madness, consider entering the render to the Monthly PC+ contest for a chance to get some extra store credit. wink

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

Did anyone buy this: https://www.daz3d.com/x-leonore-for-genesis-3-female

I'm familiar with the vendor for clothing, but unfamiliar with her for characters, so i'm curious to see what people think of the skin etc. I absolutely ADORE the face.

jakiblue said:

Did anyone buy this: https://www.daz3d.com/x-leonore-for-genesis-3-female

I'm familiar with the vendor for clothing, but unfamiliar with her for characters, so i'm curious to see what people think of the skin etc. I absolutely ADORE the face.

I have her - I 'll post a render a bit later

Leonora...

The wider shot was stopped at 64% (the Legacie hair slows down close-up renders a lot on my aging PC). The other one (with other make-up) ran to 89%. Both with Painter's Lights.

(And now I'm rendering her with that recent dragon jewelry)

X-Leonora test 1.jpg
    908 x 1056 - 607K
    X-Leonora test 2.jpg
    908 x 1056 - 654K

Yep, she's definitely a dragon lady:)

X-Leonora test 2c.jpg
    908 x 1056 - 476K
  • isidornisidorn Posts: 1,601

Here's a full figure of Leonore, going for a bit cuter style. Just a quick set up with the Scintillant Portrait lights and no fancy settings. As I believe Novica asked some time ago about the X-Fashion Girl Outfit for Genesis 3 Female(s) by the same vendor, I thought I'd hit two birds with one stone and put that on Leonore. Now I don't remember if there was a specific question about the outfit, but if this render doesn't answer the question, please ask again. (this thread is a bit too active to easily find something asked a while back)

About Leonore. I very rarely buy any characters that doesn't have "anatomical elements" materials listed, so while the skin is nice, it was the face shape that made me get her. It's definitely not another V7 clone and I think that's worth rewarding. The make up options aren't all that much to get excited about either. Lips and eyes are combined in 6 complete face make ups. But as I said, the face shape is a really unique one in DAZ-land.

Leonore1.jpg
    1360 x 2200 - 1M
  • donovancolbertdonovancolbert Posts: 1,421
    edited April 2017

@Wonderland

I was tempted at that price. But it seemed like every time I put together a bundle of content that was nice, the price was around $25 this sale... 

And I was looking for nice bundles in my cart with a price tag more like $11-$15 which was all too rare. It was really either OLD stuff for pennies - or new stuff for discounts less aggressive than in the past. And I've still got a bunch of Hexaon and Carrara tutorials to work through anyhow. 

Let me know how it works out for you. It is in my wishlist. 

Post edited by donovancolbert on
    edited April 2017

Does everyone else still have the green banner?  Mine is gone all of a sudden.  I didn't buy anything for two days but I've bought something just about every day this month.  I was going to buy a gift card today but if I'm not going to get the 20% off (which honestly, I feel like i've earned at this point!) I'm not going to bother.  I just won't be buying as much next month. Oh and I bought something this morning as well.

Post edited by IceDragonArt on

Does everyone else still have the green banner?  Mine is gone all of a sudden.  I didn't buy anything for two days but I've bought something just about every day this month.  I was going to buy a gift card today but if I'm not going to get the 20% off (which honestly, I feel like i've earned at this point!) I'm not going to bother.  I just won't be buying as much next month. 

The discounts apparently are still working. I got a gift card about an hour ago and didn't have the banner, but it discounted.

Weird.  I got 10% off not 20%.  I will try again.

This discussion has been closed.