Novica & Forum Members Tips & Product Reviews Pt 13

19495969798100»

Comments

• SeraSera Posts: 1,675

Novica said:

So update on Mike's condition- and a recap- he came down with Covid19, ran a 102 fever that night, next day got the Regeneron infusion and ran a 103.5 fever. The fever was 101 the next morning, then 99 the next evening.  The cough was bad (couldn't take a full deep breath) but I had read about the virus not liking humidity and it's very true- steaming water in the sink and breathing deeply helped, and so did warm/hot washcloths over the nose with just a tiny dab of Vicks Vapor Rub. As of today, he's been two solid days of no fever whatsoever, three days of no aches, and two days of very manageable/long periods of time no coughing. He is flying back on Saturday after he gets an all clear.  BTW if you are lucky enough to get the Regeneron infusion (very few are, must be really high risk or the President) then expect to run a high fever that day/night (like the 103) because that's a side effect. It means it's working :)   

Thanks for the support, as always :)  I relayed it to Mike and he was very touched. (Well, after he wasn't running a high fever and could process the well-wishes LOL) 

Glad to hear he is doing better.

• RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,805

Good to hear Mike is mending! 

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,269

I'm really glad that Mike is doing better and will be home soon.

• KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214

Great news to hear Mike is doing so much better and will be on his way home in a few days.

• KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214
    edited March 2021

Novica said:

@memcneil70  Hmmm, now that you mention it, I didn't get that10.00 and IIRC I did whatever I was supposed to do at the time. So we really need to see what that offer was, and if everyone got it. SO glad you brought that up. Mary, sent you a PM

Mine showed up in my account earlier today and I now have an orange banner saying "You've earned a $10.00 In-store Credit" 

In Message reads " Because you bought the Staff Picks Celebrate the Year of the Ox Bundle, enjoy a $10 In-Store Credit to use by March 15th."

Post edited by Kharma on
  • NathNath Posts: 2,713

Completely missed the news on your hubby first time round, Novica, but glad to read he's doing better!

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,890

good news, get well

• That's wonderful news @Novica

• Carola OCarola O Posts: 3,818

Glad to hear Mike is better and can come home! Thanks for keeping us updated :)

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,684

Excellent news @Novica! Great idea for renders also.

I see we are at page 100 also. How many posts can we do until we have to stop and let you have a space to refer to the next thread?

Around here this thread can explode fast.

• mori_mannmori_mann Posts: 1,152

Been on and off, but very glad to hear your husband is getting better!

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,092

Good news about Mike - hope he is fully recovered (and home) soon.

• Tim82Tim82 Posts: 858

^---- Agreed!!! :)

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

This is post 14 and we're allowed 30 per thread, so we've got a few more to go. I just got online and will start on Thread 14 and get it set up. Wow, thread 14, I started with Thread 1  March, 2013. Eight years ago I started documenting my trials and learning experience, with Victoria and Michael 4, and Genesis. (That was weird, having one figure for male and female.) And of course, 3DL. There are many of you with much, much more experience and longevity with Daz (Zygote!) and I really love your contributions to the thread. Thanks for being along for the ride, we've got years more to come! 

I'll go start on setting up the other thread, there's 16 more posts on this thread, so feel free. Just keep the last one for me please, for a link to the next thread. :)  I'm doing a second render of the challenge combination, would love to start the next thread featuring your renders. Perhaps showcase MM items, I'm picking up some nice stuff in that PC+ for a day.

@tim82  Happy to see your store set up at Rendo! I've got most of your items and love the details in the sets. 

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,050

He's feeling better! And coming home this week! Hurray!!!

edited March 2021

OOOH  I love the materials which come with the Roxie Dress. Can get it for 70% off. I think depending on the camera view, could be used in historical renders. (Hiding the slit up the side.)   And look close at Cora Outfit for Christmas materials.

Post edited by Novica on
    edited March 2021

My Mom and Dad's best friends had a lakeshore cabin, and I always loved the bunk beds for the small guest room. This bed from the 1920's Teenager Room with the desk would be perfect for Highland Lakeside Cabin and Dock   Actually the aged look of all the furniture would work well from the teenager room. You can get the Teenager Room today for 62% (or more, if you have codes)

Post edited by Novica on
    edited March 2021

Pointing out Hi-Drama Iray Lights in Vyktohria's store (hope I spelled that right)  I love the plug-in showing gallery and forum references, here's RGcincy's render back in one of my threads in 2016 using that lightset. (It's Iray)  Her store is in the featured ones for today.

Post edited by Novica on

Here's another one- Lucille  which has vampire materials. Not evident from the main promo. In the featured stores, and greatly discounted right off the bat!

Question- does Gunnar come with that beard?  It says "body hair" but not beard specifically, so I am assuming not?

• Mark_e593e0a5Mark_e593e0a5 Posts: 1,569

Great news, but I have to constantly convert units. Europeans are not really used to imperial units. Why does the epicenter of modern democracy stil, use measeurement units of some long deceased king (inch, feet,....)

But I think fighting against that bad disease unites us all, one way or other laugh

• Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,247

Novica said:

Here's another one- Lucille  which has vampire materials. Not evident from the main promo. In the featured stores, and greatly discounted right off the bat!

Question- does Gunnar come with that beard?  It says "body hair" but not beard specifically, so I am assuming not?

According to Additional Products used in Promo Images

https://www.daz3d.com/cc-beard-boss-for-genesis-8-males

https://www.daz3d.com/viking-hair-and-beard-for-genesis-3-and-8-males ;

@robertfriese   Ah, stupid me! And smart YOU!  Thanks. I think I bought him anyway, I'm working on getting the new thread setup at the moment.

• Tim82Tim82 Posts: 858

@Novica, thank you :)

edited March 2021

Post 25- we're allowed 30 per thread. I have the other thread ready but we'll finish this one off. 

One of the new things we'll be doing on the thread is helping to promote our Daz authors. To keep the focus on product showcasing, tips, and help- I'm asking folks to not start discussions about the books, those will be PMs directly to the authors (and if you have any questions.)  Authors who already have books released will put them all in one post so we don't overload the thread. I'm particularly wanting to know when books are newly released and free for a limited time, so we can help rate and review the books. :) 

We need to support each other as it's really competitive, and hard work to do quality books. If you know Daz authors, perhaps PM them and let them know about this new feature of the next thread. 

I'm working on my book(s) but it will still be quite awhile before any are released. I wanted to support others in the meantime. I do want to say if you are promoting your book and asking us to support you, it's a reciprocal situation and it would be nice if you could support the other authors too. 

The new thread is located here  for whenever the mods want to close this one. I can't monitor the thread every moment and we're only a few posts from the end. See you on the next thread! :)  Be sure and bookmark it.

Post edited by Novica on

I went ahead and posted my challenge render on the new thread- I challenged myself to render a combination of new things I had bought within the last 30 days. If you don't buy frequently, just do "new items" relative to you. The fun is mixing categories- so I did a character, hair, outfit, prop (vehicle) (rocks) two sets, and a critter. I wanted to do a nod to Mars, since we just had another wonderful rover land there. Isn't that amazing, the photos coming back?! 

Any of those renders, please put on the other thread. 

• Worlds_EdgeWorlds_Edge Posts: 2,142

Just read about Mike. Sorry you guys are going through this. Glad he is being well taken care of and that he is doing better. Hope he will be home with you soon. 

This discussion has been closed.