Dain 8

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,831

maybe it's a depends pad

those flights are stressful and you are stuck in a cockpit losing consciousness and possibly bladder control temporarily diving

• OdaaOdaa Posts: 1,548
    daveso said:

Whats that huge waist thing on the flightsuit? he have a tight packed parachute in his crotch or what? 

Cybersox said:

Has nobody mentioned the Smiley face on the Mercenary's vest yet? 

edit - whops, yes they have, though they called it a Watchman Button, even though the shot-Smile preceeded that comic by years...

The Watchman button has a blood splatter across the button's right eye from the Comedian's nose injuries. Until he was killed, his smiley button was just that: a traditional smiley. It is different from the shot-in-the-head smiley. The button on the merc vest is also just a bloodsplatter near the button's left eye, much like the Watchman Button.

Here's the flight suit on a Michael 8 body.

Perhaps I mistakenly think of flight suits as more similar to jumpsuits, because this is fairly bulky to me. There is a wearable preset for the whole set. The suit is one piece and the patches on the shoulder and chest are separate, which is nice if you don't want your character to be a member of any branch of the United State's military. He is wearing the eyewear from the merc outfit.

laugh 

My first thought was "corset" (or back brace, if you prefer), and the kind of chaps-like (in the cowboy sense) outer layers on the legs kind of give the same vibe: something to give him support when standing up and walking after being cramped in one position for hours, and maybe double as light armor when he's in his fighter jet or whatever.

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,082
    edited January 2020

{{ Deleted }}

Spoke too soon on some elements.  Will look more closely before updating.

I sent the suit top model to Hexagon for a closer look.  There are no material zones.

dain test render default.jpg
    850 x 1100 - 141K
    dain bouncer suit material zones.jpg
    1321 x 747 - 186K
    Post edited by Diomede on
  • NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,251

If it's a flight outfit, that's likely an anti-g suit. Keeps the blood from draining from your head during hard manoeuvres by squeezing the legs and torso. The corset part keeps your insides on the inside.

• frankrblowfrankrblow Posts: 2,052
    edited January 2020

Well, as others have found, this pro bundle is a huge disappointment, with most of the outfits being almost useless for those of us who like to change things around. The only exception is https://www.daz3d.com/future-soldier-outfit-for-dain-8-and-genesis-8-males which has several material zones each, for the suit and the separate helmet, though the boots are part of the suit (not a big deal for me).

I'm going to ask for a refund on the whole cart as soon as I uninstall everything.

This bundle could have been so good, but... I'll leave it at that.

EDIT: All products from cart uninstalled, and refund requested. No more bundles for me until Daz provides better quality than this.

Post edited by frankrblow on
  • Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560
    edited January 2020

Here's Dain out of the box, with the military Cut Style hair. I like this hair. Nice attention to detail on that hairline. 

DAIN.png
    1400 x 1600 - 2M
    Post edited by Serene Night on
  • I just got everything installed. So far I like Dain and the buzz hair well enough. I didn't need all the military gear, but the freebies were great. So I'll just say thank you to DAZ for the free G8 bundles etc., and leave it at that.

edited January 2020

Griff was the character who caught my eye when Dain debuted, and he does not disappoint.  He includes a really great beard and a prosthetic. A very nice character.  There does appear to be some slight lightness across his pecs, but, I think this figure is easily my favorite so far. 

griff3.png
    1400 x 1600 - 2M
    griffkbwwk.png
    1400 x 1600 - 2M
  • Phoenix1966Phoenix1966 Posts: 1,562

Griff was the character who caught my eye when Dain debuted, and he does not disappoint.  He includes a really great beard and a prosthetic. A very nice character.  There does appear to be some slight lightness across his pecs, but, I think this figure is easily my favorite so far. 

He, along with Dain, look very nice.

edited January 2020

I am testing Manu right now. I honestly do not see a reason this character was included in this set. He doesn't use the Dain morph at all and his textures are a mess. His navel texture appears to be in the wrong place and there are places where seams show. He alao renders slowly with textures that are a gig. 

He does look better with some DAIN dialed in, so I am wondering why they didn't bother, seems strange to me. 

• plasma_ringplasma_ring Posts: 1,020
    edited January 2020

I took the plunge because man that is a lot of content for the price, but there's definitely some wonkiness with this one. Manu and Daniel have no options--what you see is what you get. No alt eye colors, no alt textures, no fibermesh brows/brow removal, etc. I think that's the first time I've seen that. That said, I actually really like them, Manu especially. It might just be a case of a first-time vendor project not going entirely smoothly. 

Manu.png
    1500 x 972 - 1M
    Post edited by plasma_ring on
  • Phoenix1966Phoenix1966 Posts: 1,562
    NorthOf45 said:

If it's a flight outfit, that's likely an anti-g suit. Keeps the blood from draining from your head during hard manoeuvres by squeezing the legs and torso. The corset part keeps your insides on the inside.

Thanks for the explanation. I looked up anti-g suits after you mentioned them and this definitely seems like a nod to them.

• mal3Imagerymal3Imagery Posts: 709
    edited January 2020

Sooooo I got him.  Here's more sample for yah.  Did a test render on him.  Turned out okay.

TestArmOfficer.jpg
    596 x 885 - 109K
    Post edited by mal3Imagery on
  • plasma_ringplasma_ring Posts: 1,020
    edited January 2020

He does look better with some DAIN dialed in, so I am wondering why they didn't bother, seems strange to me. 

Daniel looks good with Dain too, at about 50/50. Messing around with them and it seems really weird that they aren't more complete characters, because with a little more polish I think they could have been super well-received. 

(This is with Anagenessis 2)

Daniel - NGS.png
    1272 x 1008 - 549K
    Post edited by plasma_ring on
    edited January 2020

Manu’s texture issues make me wonder if he is designed for another figure. His pecs are kinda odd too very squared, he should have better pecs.

Agreed he looks better with Dain... his navel makes me wonder if he had a piercing that was removed but the textures are odd in other areas such as the armpits and scalp. His bodyhair burn in is quite heavy on the groin area and I think the brows are too high giving him this angry expression.

• alex86firealex86fire Posts: 1,130

@rory7411 you can always see your offers (including closed purple banners).

Just go to my account -> messages -> exclusive offers.

• KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214
    edited January 2020

There is a new coupon for Dain 8 Fantasy Bundle in messages for purchasers of Dain 8 but no purple banner yet

Post edited by Kharma on
  • WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,740
    Kharma said:

There is a new coupon for Dain 8 Fantasy Bundle in messages for purchasers of Dain 8 but no purple banner yet

I have a purple banner but just have swirlies whenever I click through. Something about a fantasy bundle and medieval...

• KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214
    edited January 2020
    Kharma said:

I have a purple banner but just have swirlies whenever I click through. Something about a fantasy bundle and medieval...

I too am just seeing swirlies, no purple banner and only seen the message because I was checking on a different offer to see if the coupon was usable more than once, usually I am the last one to see a coupon as usually not on this late lol . Maybe I am not seeing the purple banner because I just closed the one for Dain 8 pro bundle?

Post edited by Kharma on
  • WHY WASN'T THIS STUFF IN THE MOTHER FREAKING PROBUNDLE????!!!!

• Worlds_EdgeWorlds_Edge Posts: 2,145

A couple more renders.

Griff:

Dain:

Griff.png
    3000 x 3236 - 5M
    Dain.png
    3000 x 3236 - 4M

What stuff? surprise

What stuff?

the stuff on this page: https://www.daz3d.com/dain-8-goes-medieval, higher quality, actually interesting, a hair that's not dforce, and a really nice looking add-on character that doesn't look like he'll murder me in my sleep.

Honestly. I just. WTF daz. W.T.F.

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,033
    edited January 2020

WHY WASN'T THIS STUFF IN THE MOTHER FREAKING PROBUNDLE????!!!!

What stuff? surprise

At a guess, today's new releases. And I agree that the clothes in that bundle would have been way more useful to me than those in the Pro Bundle...

Post edited by Leana on
  • frankrblowfrankrblow Posts: 2,052

What stuff? surprise

https://www.daz3d.com/dain-8-goes-medieval

And I also wish that Barbara Brundon had made the outfits in the Pro bundle, because then they would have been made well sad.

I did get a refund on my cart for the bundle and add-ons, and Emma in sales support did pass on my suggestions about how the Pro bundle outfits could be improved.

• alex86firealex86fire Posts: 1,130

Anyone can identify this hair for me?

I feel like I've seen it before but can't place it.

And yes, the fantasy bundle does look great.

• nemesis10nemesis10 Posts: 3,265

Anyone can identify this hair for me?

I feel like I've seen it before but can't place it.

And yes, the fantasy bundle does look great.

That is a recolored dForce Bristol Hair for Genesis 8

• LindseyLindsey Posts: 1,984
    edited January 2020

Dain 8 clean shaven with chest hair set to low density.

dain 8.jpg
    853 x 1000 - 279K
    Post edited by Lindsey on
  • vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,813
    edited January 2020

I picked up the pro bundle, primarily for the characters and all the stuff outside the bundles.

Daniel managed to genuinely shock me. He uses a revised reshadered version of the Darius 6 materials. I took a look inside his texture directory, and it's definitely Darius. I don't understand how that could happen, or why Daz would allow that.

He has anatomical elements textures that aren't used -- there aren't any presets (there is in fact only one preset for his skin) -- because they don't match. They match Darius 7 or 8 (not 6), they don't match Daniel, who has had some heavy editing down below.

What on earth was Daz thinking?

Post edited by vwrangler on