Dain 8

Comments

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560
    edited January 2020

I am assuming the dog tags are from some future product, since I haven’t seen ones like those. There are others of course in the store, but not ones like that.

not thrilled with the sparse promos or the undermodelled content in is set, or some of those extreme arched brows on some of the secondary characters but in general I like it.

I will check it out in more detail tonight.

Post edited by Serene Night on
  • Carola O said:

Anyone have a clue where the dogtags are from? Since he's weaing them in almost every promo.

I too would like to know where the dogtags are from, I've been wanting dogtags that are for Genesis 8 Males since I have trouble fitting the ones for g3m onto g8m... I got happy when I saw that Dain was wearing them in nearly all of his promos, only to be disapointed as None of his products seems to include them :/

I'd like to know too. Though have you tried sickleyield's G3 to g8 trick? works well enough IMHO

Carola O said:

On the whole, I like Dain as the character and I like some of his clothing. I'm finding the lack of promos on so many products Extremely sloppy and get a feeling that it's something that is just slapped together to silence those of us that has been waiting for a new male figure. It looks very unprofessional in my opinion and close to insulting honestly, almost like they are saying "here's your male, now be quiet"

A lot better than Tristan though. Now that was sloppy. This one is just rushed.

Carola O said:

I don't think that is what they wanted to have it look like, but that's the feeling it kidna give to me. And again I do like Dain and I hope I be able to get him and the products I liked soon, but I suspect it will have to wait until my next payment which isn't until mid february.

On another note, which doesn't really fit in here I guess. But I honestly wish they could go back to release the core characters ONCE a Month, as it is now (twice a month, or sometimes more) it's simply too many for me personally to have a chance to even try to buy them, simply because it gets way too expensive and food is kinda more important than 3d content after all :)

Nonsense... enjoy your digicrack.

daveso said:

the promos are terrible. whats up with that?

I'm guessing it might have been rushed. Which is strange because CJ hasn't been out for that long.

daveso said:

None of the clothes dforce ... someone mentioned the scarf, it would probably look better with dforce.

And thank god for it. I find Dforce clothes normally are rather lazy. All too often they look like they just fed something into marvelous designer and tossed on a merchant resource texture.

I'm laughing at the Manu promo. There are NO promo pics and what we get from the description is that he's down-to-earth and has a lot of hobbies! That's the first thing I check for using characters in my art, I make sure the character has hobbies lol.

Daz character promos are nonsense text. News at 11.

Very sloppy bundle indeed. Daniel and Manu look frightening.

You mean they look like real people and not male models? Shocking, right? Some people don't exactly fit the golden ratio!

• vwrangler said:
    JOdel said:

I'm bemused by the fact that there are hardly any promos, and no PAs listed for any of the items in the bundles. At least one of the texture packs lists a PA, but not the actual items.

His pro bundle pages are kind of ... alarmingly sparse and a bit sloppy. Almost as though they'd been set live before they were really ready.

I like him, I think. And I cant remember seeing a product like Griff before, both the dedication and the content.

Yea, I noticed the lack of promo on the promo pages too, but I think I like it all enough to get the pro bundle anyways. But I really feel like there's so much potential to just have simple test renders with no 'real feel' renders to show what it could do. Like imagine some cool desert or jungle scenes! Or a hot night club! Definitely not 'selling' this bundle like some of the others.

• OdaaOdaa Posts: 1,548

Great deal, great characters, acceptable hair and clothes. Does anyone know whether Griff's prosthetic limb is a geoshell effect (I'm guessing yes, because Hinkypunk) or a wearable of some kind?

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,750
    edited January 2020

Griff is still downloading, but the promo says he has a Prosthetic Leg.

Also, watch out for the textures for the mercenary set, 1.6Gb or abouts. Correction, 1.2GB.

Post edited by memcneil70 on
  • Wow kek, I can't... these items in the bundle looks rushed.  He looks good though.

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,750

Finished my download and opened Griff. The prosthetic is under Anatomy and two pieces. Did a snip for you.

Griffs Prosthetic Leg.PNG
    416 x 608 - 85K
  • tj_1ca9500btj_1ca9500b Posts: 2,047
    edited January 2020

Kalen for Dain 8's face reminded me more that  a bit of the actor Wes Studi, so I took a stab at dialing Kalen in a bit closer to Wes's facial shape.  Stll need to make a few other adjustments, but he's coming along nicely...

BTW, the skin texture I used is from Sanjay 8, with the translucency weight dialed down a lot make him a bit lighter, and with some other minor color adjustments to the diffuse color, etc.

Facial tattoos are the Warrior Makeups for G3M, the body tattoo and costume is from Rendo, except for the boots which are from Ktarya's outfit.  I went with Marigold Hair for now, until I find something better that is still long and looks more Native American...

KalenNAWarriorMorphCropped.jpg
    996 x 1080 - 457K
    Post edited by tj_1ca9500b on
  • Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,326

I am assuming the dog tags are from some future product, since I haven’t seen ones like those. There are others of course in the store, but not ones like that.

Maybe these: https://www.daz3d.com/bits-n-pieces-dogtags-and-chain-for-michael-4 ???

• KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214
    daveso said:

None of the clothes dforce ... someone mentioned the scarf, it would probably look better with dforce. 

Griff // someone mentioned the uniform as being same as before..it does not come with him ..he is a character - afaik. 

Even with all the free stuff with the banner and all, my total is still pretty high - $64 .. the HD addon jumps it $11 alone. BUT ... i think 2pro bundles and $120 worth of free is a big decent deal. 

Just curious, I have the banner for the discounts but I am only seeing one probundle free, are you meaning in total with Dain and one more probundle from the llist?

Kudos to Zeddicuss for his salute pose in this addon: https://www.daz3d.com/z-everyones-hero-poses-and-expressions-for-dain-8

• Kharma said:
    daveso said:

Griff // someone mentioned the uniform as being same as before..it does not come with him ..he is a character - afaik. 

Even with all the free stuff with the banner and all, my total is still pretty high - $64 .. the HD addon jumps it $11 alone. BUT ... i think 2pro bundles and $120 worth of free is a big decent deal. 

Just curious, I have the banner for the discounts but I am only seeing one probundle free, are you meaning in total with Dain and one more probundle from the llist?

Do you mean there's only one to choose from? That would just mean you've bought the rest.

Kharma said:
    daveso said:

Do you mean there's only one to choose from? That would just mean you've bought the rest.

I didn't even really have that much. Keiko 6 Pro Bundle shows up in the selection as the only item that I don't already own ; but I already own the Keiko 6 Mega Manga bundle which includes all of Keiko 6 Pro bundle. So, not much of an incentive 

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,140

Very sloppy bundle indeed. Daniel and Manu look frightening.

Agreed.

• I am assuming the dog tags are from some future product, since I haven’t seen ones like those. There are others of course in the store, but not ones like that.

Maybe these: https://www.daz3d.com/bits-n-pieces-dogtags-and-chain-for-michael-4 ???

Or even as part of this outfit: http://www.daz3d.com/army-uniform-for-genesis-3-male-s-and-genesis-2-male-s

• Patrick TynerPatrick Tyner Posts: 640
    edited January 2020
    Thank you AngelReaper1972 for mentioning that there we G8 Pro sets, for some reason I only saw G2 & G3 pro packs. I am excited for Dain 8s pro pack, and addons! They definitely add some fun genes to the Runtime! I had to look back at my comics because I was reminded of the Wetworks character Dane, and the fact that the Werworks team has several bigger guys from some different nationalities so this set looks to set up an ops team! And this sale is phenomenal! I am getting almost $700 in product for $70. That is CRAZY COOL! Daz you rock!
    Wetworks1Cover.jpg
    1460 x 761 - 252K
    ff45c96e98cb38a858b99a43c7279bf2.jpg
    626 x 960 - 129K
    Post edited by Patrick Tyner on
  • Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560

Or even as part of this outfit: http://www.daz3d.com/army-uniform-for-genesis-3-male-s-and-genesis-2-male-s

No they aren’t the army set tags. Those are smaller and don’t have a holder.

Those were my initial thoughts but not exactly the same.

• GreybroGreybro Posts: 2,482
    daveso said:

This when it pays to buy up those bundles when they get cheap. I got $30 of freebies in all 3 categories, a $45 pro bundle free and 3 addons for the Pro Bundle at max percentage off and the pro bundle of course for about $46. Like $465 + of goods for essentially 10% of their store value at reg prices.

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,082

I like the character, like what is included in the pro bundle, and like the extra discounts from the loyalty banner.  Ended up with Dain 8 Pro Bundle, 3 Add-Ons (including the HD add-on), Gabriella 8 Pro Bundle, Ophelia 7 Pro Bundle, and $120 worth of additional content for just over what the Dain Pro bundle lists for me on the store page had I bought it by itself.  And I paid for it from store credit converted from buying myself a gift card at a significant discount.  

This release worked very well for me.  Thank you, Daz3D.  smiley

Of course, I'm just rationalizing my Dazaholicism.  With my existing library of content, I need none of it.  blush

• Okay, I took a second look at the promo thanks to the mention here about two free pro bundles.(Thank you to Daveso). All that really interested me about Dain was Griff. Kalen looks nice too, though. But I realized that the deal offers two other Gen8 pro bundles in addition to Dain. Three recent pro bundles along with a few wish list items and a few "whatever, I could maybe use that sometime" items made it worth doing.

I did fail to put in the DAIN-20 code for 20% off the Daz Originals. :-( But I only chose two of the 2.20 items so I guess that's negligible. 

• MelissaGTMelissaGT Posts: 2,610
    edited January 2020

Okay, I took a second look at the promo thanks to the mention here about two free pro bundles.(Thank you to Daveso). All that really interested me about Dain was Griff. Kalen looks nice too, though. But I realized that the deal offers two other Gen8 pro bundles in addition to Dain. Three recent pro bundles along with a few wish list items and a few "whatever, I could maybe use that sometime" items made it worth doing.

I did fail to put in the DAIN-20 code for 20% off the Daz Originals. :-( But I only chose two of the 2.20 items so I guess that's negligible. 

Wait, what? The banner I got included one additional Pro bundle for free. So you buy the Dain 8 bundle plus one add-on and you get another Pro bundle for free. 

Post edited by MelissaGT on
  • Whoa, I didn't catch that either, I just put a second pro bundle in the cart and it came up free as well! I do like the Dain character and some of the items in the bundle, normally would be a cherry pick an item here or there when funds are flowing, but I can't pass up gettin the Karyssa and Teen Raven pro bundles for free, along with a ton of other free items that I need for a project I'm doing that would cost more than the Dain bundle with three add-ons, so looks like my time driving Lyft today will go towards this lol. 

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,779
    edited January 2020

Hey. Hey there. How's it going? Are you here alone?

He's a total hunk. The most gorgeous white guy amongst the G8 core characters. Sorry Vlad, sorry Owen!

Post edited by Hylas on

Finished my download and opened Griff. The prosthetic is under Anatomy and two pieces. Did a snip for you.

Yay, thank you!

• BamboozlerBamboozler Posts: 249
    edited January 2020

Wait, what? The banner I got included one additional Pro bundle for free. So you buy the Dain 8 bundle plus one add-on and you get another Pro bundle for free. 

That was what I thought, too. But it would seem that the banner is saying "in addition to the promotion of getting a free bundle, you also get a second free bundle." (Hence the "Double your discounts" bit.)  It's confusing.

Post edited by Bamboozler on

I have to agree with whoever said it paid to pick up bundles on the cheap...I had not been getting purple banners for a while, then picked up the Edward 8, Penny 8, and Edie 8 bundles earlier this month, when a coupon + flash sale pushed them to about ~$17 apiece. (I am still back-converting my way slowly through the clothes...) Then all of a sudden, boom, purple banners for CJ and Dain.

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,033

Okay, I took a second look at the promo thanks to the mention here about two free pro bundles.(Thank you to Daveso). All that really interested me about Dain was Griff. Kalen looks nice too, though. But I realized that the deal offers two other Gen8 pro bundles in addition to Dain. Three recent pro bundles along with a few wish list items and a few "whatever, I could maybe use that sometime" items made it worth doing.

It's in addition to the "regular" promo for Dain, which gives you a free bundle for buying Dain Pro Bundle and one add-on. So you get one from the banner and one from the regular promo.

• SorelSorel Posts: 1,390
    I liked most of what was in the pro bundle so snatched it up along with the ridiculous amount of free things.
  • MelissaGTMelissaGT Posts: 2,610
    edited January 2020
    Leana said:

It's in addition to the "regular" promo for Dain, which gives you a free bundle for buying Dain Pro Bundle and one add-on. So you get one from the banner and one from the regular promo.

I didn't even realize you get one from the regular promo...I am so ticked. I only got one. 

*edit* Oh wait, it says "select G2 or G3 bundle"...I already have all the G3 bundles, so I guess it's not so bad. I would have been really ticked if it was two G8 bundles. 

Post edited by MelissaGT on
  • lilweeplilweep Posts: 2,236

Wow kek, I can't... these items in the bundle looks rushed.  He looks good though.

I thought the same thing.  It's like, did I accidentally scroll back to the genesis 2 clothing...