Dain 8

Dain 8 looks like it has possibilities: https://www.daz3d.com/dain-8-strong-humble-dependable

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,713

the bundle looks like a recruitment ad

• frankrblowfrankrblow Posts: 2,052

Yeahlaugh and I did get excited when I spotted the uniform on https://www.daz3d.com/griff-hd-for-dain-8 until I realised it's the old https://www.daz3d.com/military-dress-uniform-for-genesis-3-male-s-and-genesis-2-male-s which I already have blush

• zombietaggerungzombietaggerung Posts: 3,633
    edited January 2020

At least it's a guy. 

Also, is it just me or does he look kind of like John Cena?

Post edited by zombietaggerung on
  • alex86firealex86fire Posts: 1,130

At least it's a guy. 

I thought the same thing. I think he is at least inspired by him.

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,745

I haven't even looked at the bonus items.  The clothes and characters sold me immediately. A polynesian character??? A flight suit that actually looks like something in practical use today?  The Bouncer suit WITH wired earpiece and matching poses??   Oh yes, this one is going in the cart..

• tj_1ca9500btj_1ca9500b Posts: 2,047
    edited January 2020

At least it's a guy. 

I thought the same thing. I think he is at least inspired by him.

I was going to say he looks a bit like Jimmy Kimmel and Matt Damon's love child, but I guess I can see a bit of John in there too...

Not a bad looking Pro character, for a dude anyways!  Bundle deal is better than the last one too!

Post edited by tj_1ca9500b on
  • vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,808

I wonder why all the characters based on Dain look stylized, but he himself really doesn't.

He does seem somehow to have wound up as the ethnic almost-everyman for this generation to date.  There's a little of just about everyone, between his bundles and add-ons.

• I am mildy disapointed that both hairs are dforce hairs. The buzzcut could easily have been fiberhair. I'll pick him up and just save those for when/if I ever upgrade to 4.12.

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,247

I'm bemused by the fact that there are hardly any promos, and no PAs listed for any of the items in the bundles. At least one of the texture packs lists a PA, but not the actual items.

I'm also wondering whether Gianni has had a name change, since this certainly looks like his kind of bundle.

Does look like he'd mix well with other bases. I'm in favor.

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,808
    JOdel said:

I'm bemused by the fact that there are hardly any promos, and no PAs listed for any of the items in the bundles. At least one of the texture packs lists a PA, but not the actual items.

His pro bundle pages are kind of ... alarmingly sparse and a bit sloppy. Almost as though they'd been set live before they were really ready.

I like him, I think. And I cant remember seeing a product like Griff before, both the dedication and the content.

• TouristTourist Posts: 106

Good, solid character, in my mind he is basically what Elios should / could have been.

I do not like anything other than the base character though, no bundle for me.

• Just bought Dain, the HD and Ruben. Wasn't blown away by anything else. The clothes again look like plastic. But Dain does look amazing. I have almost lost all hope of Gianni making an appearance, but I do have a tiny glimmer left it may happen.

• MasterstrokeMasterstroke Posts: 1,758

That bully might fit well in my future comic.

• N3p3nth3N3p3nth3 Posts: 129

Iii'm not sure about this one. The base character looks good, as does the bouncer outfit. The merc outfit, which should be right up my alley, looks like a throwback to a previous era. The Shemagh drapes badly etc. Sigh. :(

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,247

We've also got another character in a Pro bundle which doesn't require the base (Daniel). All the add-on characters do, and so does the other bundled character, but not this one. I think it's a store flub though, since it certainly looks like the character is using the base's body morph.

• The face looks a bit like a few of the other G8M bases, but the character overall seems really well done. Manu looks interesting. I will likely pick at least some of this up on payday. I feel like Edward, Christian, Tristan to some extent and Dain are all fairly similar. There are few enough G8M bases vs. G8F that I would have loved to see more diversity in body structure by this far into G8M.

• AsariAsari Posts: 703

the bundle looks like a recruitment ad

I like this description, it's fitting. For lovers of military this is a really cool bundle though. I might get the base character only.
  • Anyone have a clue where the dogtags are from? Since he's weaing them in almost every promo.

• Loved the look of the new character, and especially the Mercenary Outfit. Purchased the Dain Pro bundle and several add-ons. Disappointed that I am unable to hide or remove the silly yellow smiley badge off the Mercenary Outfit vest!

Tried using the Geometry Editor, but for some reason, I can't seem to select all of the polygons! Anyone know what is going on with this prop, and why the creator didn't offer the option to hide the stupid badge? angry

• LucielLuciel Posts: 475

Not trying to sound disdainful... but Dain is not a nice sounding name...

• LeanaLeana Posts: 10,935
    JOdel said:

Quite a few Daz Originals don't list any other vendor, that's hardly unusual.

Missing promos are definitely a glitch though. 

• tj_1ca9500btj_1ca9500b Posts: 2,047

Feeling pretty good about my cart at the moment.  The 'loyalty' bonus coupon helped, thanks to all of those G8 Pro Bundles I've grabbed before now no doubt.

I have more than a small inkling that Knittingmommy may be interested in this bundle/sale.  I'm guessing it's too late for last minute entries into the 'It's Raining Men' contest, but this bundle has a few interesting possibilities for that...

• very good looking ...

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,301

Feeling pretty good about my cart at the moment.  The 'loyalty' bonus coupon helped, thanks to all of those G8 Pro Bundles I've grabbed before now no doubt.

I have more than a small inkling that Knittingmommy may be interested in this bundle/sale.  I'm guessing it's too late for last minute entries into the 'It's Raining Men' contest, but this bundle has a few interesting possibilities for that...

The contest ended weeks ago the voting only has a couple of days left, so yea I'd say a bit late.

• maikdeckermaikdecker Posts: 2,750

Disappointed that I am unable to hide or remove the silly yellow smiley badge off the Mercenary Outfit vest!

I love this hommage to the Watchmen comic/movie/TV series and the Comedian character from these. Isn't it great that people and their interests are different :)

• Disappointed that I am unable to hide or remove the silly yellow smiley badge off the Mercenary Outfit vest!

I love this hommage to the Watchmen comic/movie/TV series and the Comedian character from these. Isn't it great that people and their interests are different :)

I love Watchmen too...but sometimes I need the option to keep a character for a render serious. smiley (OMG my smiley looks like the badge I am complaining about! wink)

• LindseyLindsey Posts: 1,983

Dain 8 includes "dForce Dain 8 Chest Hair" which is a nice suprise as it was not mentioned on his product page, but shown in his promo pics.

• If Matt Damon and Channing Tatum had had a child.....smiley

• I have to say I really like the shape it just great for sci-fi !

• The face looks a bit like a few of the other G8M bases, but the character overall seems really well done. Manu looks interesting. I will likely pick at least some of this up on payday. I feel like Edward, Christian, Tristan to some extent and Dain are all fairly similar. There are few enough G8M bases vs. G8F that I would have loved to see more diversity in body structure by this far into G8M.

I like him, but yeah, it feels like most the Genesis 8 males are coming from the same small gene pool, a lot of them carry similar looks to me.

Dain, to me, looks like an Edward and Vladimir cross,