Official Announcement: HiveWire 3D to publish Animals through DAZ 3D

Comments

• Rae134Rae134 Posts: 49

The have said at the moment all animals will be sold here. But I don't know if that includes the fantasy ones like the dragon etc (I'm still very much hoping for a sphix).

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,049
    edited July 2017
    Post edited by barbult on
  • ANGELREAPER1972ANGELREAPER1972 Posts: 4,413
    edited July 2017

Riddle Me This Riddle Me That Who Wants To Hug A Big Black Cat

https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#images/406516

Post edited by Chohole on
  • jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

Fingers crossed the hivewire cat (domestic) comes over....

• algovincianalgovincian Posts: 2,562
    jakiblue said:

Me, too - fingers and toes. Checked out those links to the LAMH presets that barbult posted . . . wow.

Absolutely awesome!

- Greg

• Agreed, gorgeous work. And the housecat uses the same mesh as the big cats, doesn't it? So the lamh preset should work on it, and that would definitely push it beyond the daz felines with lamh.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    Uthgard said:

Agreed, gorgeous work. And the housecat uses the same mesh as the big cats, doesn't it? So the lamh preset should work on it, and that would definitely push it beyond the daz felines with lamh.

I think it uses the same UV's, not the same mesh.

I know!  I saw Saiyaness LAMH presets over at the hivewire forum and was SO EXCITED. LOL 

jakiblue said:

Me, too - fingers and toes. Checked out those links to the LAMH presets that barbult posted . . . wow.

Absolutely awesome!

- Greg

• CWRWCWRW Posts: 86
    edited July 2017

My first go using the wonderful free LAMH presets by Saiyaness!

https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#images/407176/

Post edited by CWRW on
  • Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,878

... Ok, that's astonishing.

• Alisa Uh-LisaAlisa Uh-Lisa Posts: 1,308

Gorgeous image, Laurie! 

I enjoyed seeing Saiyaness talking about the progress on the presets in the HiveWire forum and giving the presets away is very very generous!

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,063
    CWRW said:

Wow!  How much computer power went into that?  I have an old Core 2 Duo and an NVidia card with only 8 cores.

Dana

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,140

The cat really does look so much better with hair :)

Laurie

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,142

Most things look better with hair!  Just saying!  cheeky

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,878

Yes, but it looks way better than the other stuff with LAMH I've played with, is the thing.

DanaTA said:
    CWRW said:

Wow!  How much computer power went into that?  I have an old Core 2 Duo and an NVidia card with only 8 cores.

Dana

Using DS 4.9 and the free LAMH player. The machine I'm running it on is a older Mac tower (2012 Westmere model refurb I had customized) with 2x 2.66 Ghz 6-Core Intel Xeon, 32G RAM and an ATI Radeon HD 5770 vid card (is my main 3D machine these days). Took abiut an hour and half to render aprox 1000x1300 pxels.

And thanks!

DanaTA said:

RAMWolff said:

Most things look better with hair!  Just saying!  cheeky

Hehehe.

Laurie

Check out Jepe's cat render using rhe LAMH long preset- much better than mine!

https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#images/407101/

CWRW said:
    DanaTA said:
    CWRW said:

Dana

Using DS 4.9 and the free LAMH player. The machine I'm running it on is a older Mac tower (2012 Westmere model refurb I had customized) with 2x 2.66 Ghz 6-Core Intel Xeon, 32G RAM and an ATI Radeon HD 5770 vid card (is my main 3D machine these days). Took abiut an hour and half to render aprox 1000x1300 pxels.

And thanks!

Well...  cheeky​  I guess my computer won't do much with that, then.  I did a graphic last week for my grand re-opening sale at my site, just some balloons (Party Time Balloons from here) with Iray materials.  It took two hours for that to hit 97% convergence.   frown 

Dana

Are you using 4.9? I HAVE found it to be a lot faster than 4.8 FWIW. Not sure what makes DS happiest- RAM vs Vid Card vs CPU.  I would guess CPU, but I don't actually know. i did give up tyring to do much 3d on my laptops. Older refurbs with your choice of "juice" are a LOT cheaper than new machines FWIW. I haven't bought a NEW computer since 2011 (that was a late model laptop- last of the 17" MBPs). My other Mac tower is 10 years old now and I run my graphic design biz on that guy.

• SummerhorseSummerhorse Posts: 684
    edited July 2017

Yes, but it looks way better than the other stuff with LAMH I've played with, is the thing.

I totally agree! Wish Saiyanness would make presets for all the animals when they come over.

She/he said she wouldn't want to charge for something anyone could do themselves! But I haven't seen anyone else getting her kinds of results.

I'd be happy to pay for prests for the lion and leapards too!

Post edited by Summerhorse on

I'm in agreement. I certainly can't get results like that, so this "anyone can do it" i suspect she meant The Gods of All Things Hairy, rather than me laugh I'd definitley pay for a product that had LAMH presets like that for the domestic housecat. Patricularly if she was able to do siamese/burmese and a few different breeds/colours. @Saiyaness, we'll PAY you!!! laugh 

23Cascade said:

I totally agree! Wish Saiyanness would make presets for all the animals when they come over.

She/he said she wouldn't want to charge for something anyone could do themselves! But I haven't seen anyone else getting her kinds of results.

I'd be happy to pay for prests for the lion and leapards too!

CWRW said:

Are you using 4.9? I HAVE found it to be a lot faster than 4.8 FWIW. Not sure what makes DS happiest- RAM vs Vid Card vs CPU.  I would guess CPU, but I don't actually know. i did give up tyring to do much 3d on my laptops. Older refurbs with your choice of "juice" are a LOT cheaper than new machines FWIW. I haven't bought a NEW computer since 2011 (that was a late model laptop- last of the 17" MBPs). My other Mac tower is 10 years old now and I run my graphic design biz on that guy.

Actually, no.  There were some issues with it and Windows 10 and I'm hoping to see reports that those issues are dead.  Haven't seen such reports, though.  So haven't upgraded for a while.  I think I have 4.8.   I have absolutely no money for new hardware, or software, or 3D content.  I get the freebies and try to use my PC+ coupon every month, but havent used the PA coupon in a while.

Dana

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,189

I know the feeling on the occasion

• SaiyanessSaiyaness Posts: 715

I can't justify charging for presets when there's a whole website full of free presets (Furry Things). Also, I had to learn LAMH to give you guys the presets. :p You can do it! *fist-pump* 

Also, they're not perfect. Alessandro could have done better ones in his sleep. :) 

It's a bummer they didn't work on the Big Cat! Would have so much easier than making another from scratch. :p I might do it one day, but please don't hold your breath. :p 

Looking forward to seeing what kitties come out in the future. Fur will definitely need tweaking for certain breeds. :) 

I would think one good swat and that ball would be toast :P. Love it. LOL

Laurie

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,142

RIGHT!  LOL  It's a "Claws in" game girls and boys, no popping the ball!  lmao *looks over at the pile of 100 or so popped balls*  *SIGH*

• Alisa Uh-LisaAlisa Uh-Lisa Posts: 1,308

LOL, Cute!  And lovely LAMH images :)

AllenArt said:

I would think one good swat and that ball would be toast :P. Love it. LOL

Laurie

That was my thought exactly!

Dana

This discussion has been closed.