Official Announcement: HiveWire 3D to publish Animals through DAZ 3D

Comments

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

No worries! I've been doing double quote's myself!! 

I snagged both cats over on Hivewire when they came out. Love them both!

Oh WOW!!! Gorgeous!! Stonemason's set looks great with them too! I really like the first one !! I am envious of your water render there!!

The water came with the set, its called Ancient Temple Courtyard.. Actually the first time I've used it, and I have to agree the water is gorgeous. And thank you for the kind words!

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,086
    edited July 2017
    Chohole said:
    Miss B said:

Hey Cho, the earliest version of Poser the HiveWire Cats are compatible with is Poser 10, and of course, later versions.

Chohole said:

This may seem like a stupid question to ask, but what is the oldest version of Poser that the animals will work in?  I only use Poser as a plug-in to get stuff into Bryce.

oh well  might as well return them without even trying them I guess.

They come with DS versions, too, you know?

Dana

Edit:  Oops, forgot you don't use DS.  But the .duf files might import directly to Carrara.

Dana

Post edited by DanaTA on
  • I simply love the HW Big Cat  ( and Housecat as well) - my only slighty adverse comment about the Big Cat has already been mentioned by others- the claws default to extended. Most folks forget that, in the majority of cases..most felines DO NOT show their claws - however, this is easily fixed by using the "claws retract" morph before rendering. I must admit, I'm a Poser user..have been since Poser 4 - I just can't seem to get this old brain around Daz Studio - so I most certainly hope that the critters from Hivewire CONTINUE to be Poser-able. I know it's been said that they will, I just hope it stays that way.

PS - I heartily recommend that folks who haven't already done so go and pay a visit to the Hivewire 3D forums - check out just what animals are in the works - deer, warthogs, lions, tigers, wolves, dogs, cattle, dragons and still more :) Also..what I find incredible, the HW horse ( and it's morphs) were all based on, and developed from, the Dawn human figure  :) Now, that's some MAJOR morphing work !

• napalmarsenalnapalmarsenal Posts: 82
    edited July 2017

Oh WOW!!! Gorgeous!! Stonemason's set looks great with them too! I really like the first one !! I am envious of your water render there!!

I will have to look for it! Thanks for the info!!  And you are most welcome are you also on Deviant Art? If so, I would not mind giving you a watch.

The water came with the set, its called Ancient Temple Courtyard.. Actually the first time I've used it, and I have to agree the water is gorgeous. And thank you for the kind words!

Post edited by napalmarsenal on
    edited July 2017

Aye come visit!! I promise we wont bite.......... Well, there is that issue with the escaped Lion that keeps trying to devour the Zebra and the Warthog , but I'm pretty sure all animals have been properly vaccinated by the vet. 

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,802

they have  Vegemite cool

edited July 2017

Ermm.......... Vegemite! ......... surprise 

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,576
    ...but is it packaged in pints?
  • GhostmanGhostman Posts: 215

HW Big Cat with the Cougar morph.

HWCougar_Prey.jpg
    1417 x 907 - 842K
    HWCougar_06_SF.jpg
    1417 x 907 - 820K
  • Ghostman said:

HW Big Cat with the Cougar morph.

Sweet Gman!! Love how plush your coat texture looks! 

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,888

The nice thing about great cats is that the pelt of most of them is so short that you don't need LAMH so much...

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,029
    kyoto kid said:
    Leana said:
    twalling said:

I'm so old, I remember when HiveWire started up as an ALTERNATIVE to Daz. 

I'm so old I remember when the founding members of HW3D were part of the DAZ team ;)

. ..I'm so old I remember the "home brewed" forums, vouchers instead of coupons, 1.99$ PC items, the original galleries (that awarded vouchers if your pic was accepted), and monthly freebies with no purchase required.

Oh, yes, those too. And the 3000+ pages FOOLs thread before it wanished ;)

• The nice thing about great cats is that the pelt of most of them is so short that you don't need LAMH so much...

Perhaps, I would still like to see a furry version like the image CWRW posted previously in the thread and also the housecat along the lines of Tiny's furry mil cat. The lion that is in the works should be super cool in that department from the images I have seen the mane is from parts of the horse mane and tail. 

And Tiny's furry Gorilla is well done. http://hivewire3d.com/poser-fur-for-the-hivewire-gorilla.html

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,154

[In a thread on the Hivewire 3D forums]

HOLY POOT!!

This makes me very happy. I've had my eye on those animals for quite some time, but most of my 'stuff' and resources and store credit etc are over here and I feel reluctant to set up on other sites that often

(Although personally I was hoping on the birds and a few others making it over, but not so much)

Ken Gillians birds are awesome. I bought a bunch of then a long time ago when he had a store here at daz it be nice to see him return for sure.

• Ivy said:

HOLY POOT!!

This makes me very happy. I've had my eye on those animals for quite some time, but most of my 'stuff' and resources and store credit etc are over here and I feel reluctant to set up on other sites that often

(Although personally I was hoping on the birds and a few others making it over, but not so much)

Ken Gillians birds are awesome. I bought a bunch of then a long time ago when he had a store here at daz it be nice to see him return for sure.

Ken's birds are not coming; he's stated as much I the linked thread. He has his reasons; as much as some of us may not agree with them, we should be respectful of them.

edited July 2017

Pam,  If you check back in here, I hope you got your Issue solved for Bryce! 

edited July 2017
    Ivy said:

HOLY POOT!!

Ken's birds are not coming; he's stated as much I the linked thread. He has his reasons; as much as some of us may not agree with them, we should be respectful of them.

Thats ashame . but like i said I bought a lot of his birds when he had his store at daz the last time and he has not added much to his collection since he has move to hivewire.  .. I know nerds3d is there too, but i already bought all the stuff he offers there as well here at daz when Nerds was here at daz.  I would have welcomed them both back . but they have their reasons for what they do so thats enough said :)

Post edited by Ivy on

Napal: Oh sure, and there are a number of cats where the lack of LAMH IS a huge (IMO) problem, at least for realism.

I'm unlikely to buy any HW cats until either they come with LAMH presets or LAMH 2 drops and has easier tools for doing it myself.

• Alisa Uh-LisaAlisa Uh-Lisa Posts: 1,308
    Ivy said:

I bought a lot of his birds when he had his store at daz the last time and he has not added much to his collection since he has move to hivewire.

Just a note here - He's released about 37 products since he was here (not including a number of mini-sets), 2 of which came out today and one coming up very shortly.. 

• HavosHavos Posts: 5,306

The nice thing about great cats is that the pelt of most of them is so short that you don't need LAMH so much...

This is true, but there is still a lot of fur visible even on a lioness, who has pretty short hair. Attached is a photo I took of a wild lion whilst on safari in Tanzania. On the animals back and hind quarters the fur is quite short, and could be done with a texture map and a bump/displacement map. However around the face, particularly the ears, the fur is much longer, so really needs modelled fur. The fur is also longer on the front, and belly of the lion.

IMG_0474a.JPG
    3030 x 2227 - 1M
    edited July 2017

Thanks for the update.

I have everything up to the flock formation sets, everything Ken  has pretty muched released after that is mostly just redundant birds Volume sets that are add on to already existing set and paks I already own.. .  I ony need so many ducks and sea birds and birds of pray humming birds etc. The frogs and liazards are cool. but i bought them a long time ago too. & i only need so many of these too.  none these ken gillain characters work in Iray and will need to be converted to iray mats and some trans maps are needed for feather & the eyes in Iray  . at least when i converted the robins to iray i had to make trans maps other wise the feather on the breast rendered out boxy looking instead of softe and rounded. 

Post edited by Ivy on

I will have to look for it! Thanks for the info!!  And you are most welcome are you also on Deviant Art? If so, I would not mind giving you a watch.

I am on Deviant Art, the link is in my signature. (or it should be anyway lol)  I will keep an eye out and watch you back.  the search to find people over there is non existant and impossible lol.

• Alisa Uh-LisaAlisa Uh-Lisa Posts: 1,308
    edited July 2017
    Ivy said:

Thanks for the update.

Welcome :) What a lovely render!!

Ivy said:

none these ken gillain characters work in Iray

Another note - He is in the process of updating all his products with Superfly and Iray mats.  Slow going, but it is happening ;)

Post edited by Alisa Uh-Lisa on
    edited July 2017

Are the updates free?

I've been meaning to get some of the birds... it's a big gap in my catalog. I have MAYBE one half-decent set of crows (not suitable for close-ups), an owl... um... a bat?

Post edited by Oso3D on
  • dracorndracorn Posts: 2,333

One thing is missing from HW big cat - morphs for the shoulder movement when the cats are walking -

• No worries! I've been doing double quote's myself!! 

I am on Deviant Art, the link is in my signature. (or it should be anyway lol)  I will keep an eye out and watch you back.  the search to find people over there is non existant and impossible lol.

I so get what you are saying about finding people over there!! You have been Watched and Llamaed!! 

edited July 2017

Ah Ken's birds! Lovely creatures!! =) I use them in my promo images all the time! I do know that he has recently updated his Lily Pad to include Iray and Superfly materials. So you probably can just redownload and install those if you already own it and purchased it at HiveWire, but not sure about if you purchased it here. 

Woodland Nymph by NapalmArsenal

Post edited by Chohole on

I so get what you are saying about finding people over there!! You have been Watched and Llamaed!! 

Thank you!  I have returned both lol.  I will have a closer look when I am not at work.

• No worries! I've been doing double quote's myself!! 

Thank you!  I have returned both lol.  I will have a closer look when I am not at work.

Wonderful thanks!! 

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,818

I have all Kens Australian birds and Nerds things too from when here but never updated them at Hivewire.

I do have HW stuff too Morphs for Dawn and Dusk and the Housecat and Kitten, I may buy the horse and dog one day too, often almost have a few times but always find real life money needs.

This discussion has been closed.