Official Announcement: HiveWire 3D to publish Animals through DAZ 3D

Comments

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,157

Very nice renders folks. 

• No worries! I've been doing double quote's myself!! 

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

I snagged both cats over on Hivewire when they came out. Love them both!

• twallingtwalling Posts: 241
    Leana said:
    twalling said:

I'm so old, I remember when HiveWire started up as an ALTERNATIVE to Daz. 

I'm so old I remember when the founding members of HW3D were part of the DAZ team ;)

Heh, I'm so old, my Victoria came from Zygote...

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,157

Awwwwwwww, those are some really lovely renders Ice Dragon!

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,921

The cats work great in Carrara @chohole

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

The big cat steals the show for me but I use the house cat a lot for scenes that are everyday living.

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,921

@chohole you only need to adjust the bump maps and trans maps in the ears which is no big deal. Easy as.  yes

• napalmarsenalnapalmarsenal Posts: 82
    edited July 2017

No worries! I've been doing double quote's myself!! 

Oh WOW!!! Gorgeous!! Stonemason's set looks great with them too! I really like the first one !! I am envious of your water render there!!

Post edited by napalmarsenal on
  • Stezza said:

The cats work great in Carrara @chohole

This has been a favorite of mine also Stezza !! That pose on the hood is so rediculously awesome!! 

• twalling said:
    Leana said:
    twalling said:

I'm so old I remember when the founding members of HW3D were part of the DAZ team ;)

LOL!! 

• Satira CapriccioSatira Capriccio Posts: 523
    edited July 2017

Oh, I love my HiveWire Big Cats too! 

Though ... the House Cat is totally amazing too.

Moon Cubs_Jungle Love Challenge.jpg
    1296 x 1728 - 827K
    Fae Housecat.jpg
    1296 x 1728 - 690K
    Post edited by Satira Capriccio on
  • The big cat steals the show for me but I use the house cat a lot for scenes that are everyday living.

The house cat is very versitle in alot of different ways. I rather like to have him in some of my promo images as well as kind of lurking in the background. 

Sweetheart Textures for Lisa's Botanicals Tulips and Star Christmas Render

Mixed2.jpg
    700 x 455 - 384K
    Reds3 copy.jpg
    800 x 520 - 445K
    Purple copy.jpg
    800 x 520 - 453K
    Pinklarge copy.jpg
    800 x 520 - 478K
    Star2 copy.jpg
    1000 x 882 - 774K
  • PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    CWRW said:
    Pendraia said:

Here's a render of Genesis 3 with the cougar. character is Charlotte, and another I did with Diva on Dawn.

Cool Pen!  I hadn't seen those renders before!

I did post them over at the Hive probably in the cougar thread but I can't remember...along with one of Dawn in almost the same pose as Genesis....also posted them over on facebook. I did them when I was doing some comparison renders of Genesis and Dawn wearing the same outfits. Diva just insisted she be included...what can I say...she's very pushy!wink

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591

Awe... I love Charlotte Pen and that hair color with the cougar looks fantatic!! 

Thanks NA...I don't buy every character for Genesis 3 only the ones that really appeal and Charlotte certainly is a cutie! 

• napalmarsenalnapalmarsenal Posts: 82
    edited July 2017

Oh, I love my HiveWire Big Cats too! 

Though ... the House Cat is totally amazing too.

OOOh your Cat Stevens morph!!! Is =) Sooo cute!

Post edited by napalmarsenal on
  • SaiyanessSaiyaness Posts: 715
    edited July 2017

Two questions:

1: If I purchased the Big Cat and Cub (Leopard and Panther) from Hivewire, but want to purchase the Cougar from the Daz store, will the Cougar go into the same folders, or did it all change with the move over? 

2: Not saying I will, but are we allowed to create products for the HW3D animals? (If so, legally, can we work on previously purchased versions, or do we have to purchase the "new" Daz version?) (Edit: I understand they're still owned by Hivewire, but wasn't sure what was best!)

Post edited by Saiyaness on
  • Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071

Oh now there's a thought.  I know when I was playing in Carrara a couple of years ago, I was able to load up DUF files for testing, so that may work for you.  smiley

Chohole said:

I think Wendy may have found the answer.     If I sort out my Carrara installation and persuade it to load up the duf.

From what I understand, and I purchased them at HiveWire, so can't tell you for sure, but from what we were told, the only thing that's changing is the setup for downloading with DIM, so there will be the extra parent folder called Content as well as the .dsx files, which non-DIM users don't need.  Everything else should be the same as it was before they came here.  I can't believe you'll have any problems if you purchase the Cougar here.

Saiyaness said:

Two questions:

1: If I purchased the Big Cat and Cub (Leopard and Panther) from Hivewire, but want to purchase the Cougar from the Daz store, will the Cougar go into the same folders, or did it all change with the move over? 

2: Not saying I will, but are we allowed to create products for the HW3D animals? (If so, legally, can we work on previously purchased versions, or do we have to purchase the "new" Daz version?)

Those are beautiful renders.   smiley

• Alisa Uh-LisaAlisa Uh-Lisa Posts: 1,308
    Saiyaness said:

2: Not saying I will, but are we allowed to create products for the HW3D animals? (If so, legally, can we work on previously purchased versions, or do we have to purchase the "new" Daz version?)

1 Yes, Nothing changed in terms of folders.  This is not a "new" version, though there have been some updates to a few things - but if you bought it at HiveWire, your downloads there will be updated with the latest files.  So you will have the same files no matter what.

2 Yes to both :)  You can choose to sell them wherever you want to.

Alisa Uh-Lisa said:

1 Yes, Nothing changed in terms of folders.  This is not a "new" version, though there have been some updates to a few things - but if you bought it at HiveWire, your downloads there will be updated with the latest files.  So you will have the same files no matter what.

• SaiyanessSaiyaness Posts: 715
    Saiyaness said:

Fantastic! Thank you for the answers! :) 

Welcome :) Any time!

• dracorndracorn Posts: 2,333
    edited July 2017

I picked up HW Big Cat when he first came out. Couple of test renders, including a head-to-head with Daz Big Cat (on the right. HW on the left).  These are in 3Delight.

A render with the cubs.

Hivewire Big Cat 01.jpg
    700 x 700 - 245K
    Head to Head 2.jpg
    1200 x 800 - 458K
    HW Big Cat Cub.jpg
    800 x 800 - 324K
    Jungle Afternoon.jpg
    1200 x 923 - 1M
    Post edited by dracorn on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,825
    Leana said:
    twalling said:

. ..I'm so old I remember the "home brewed" forums, vouchers instead of coupons, 1.99$ PC items, the original galleries (that awarded vouchers if your pic was accepted), and monthly freebies with no purchase required.

Yup, I remember each of those instances.

kyoto kid said:
    Leana said:
    twalling said:

. ..I'm so old I remember the "home brewed" forums, vouchers instead of coupons, 1.99$ PC items, the original galleries (that awarded vouchers if your pic was accepted), and monthly freebies with no purchase required.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,825
    twalling said:
    Leana said:
    twalling said:

...OK OK, you got me beat.
  • AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,153
    Miss B said:

Yup, I remember each of those instances.

kyoto kid said:
    Leana said:
    twalling said:

Yep, I remember those AND my Zygote Victoria :P. I actually remember when Posette and Dork were IT....lol. I've been doing this stuff waaaay too long ;).

Laurie

• Sigh I'm missing my like button for the forum! 

Dracorn love the facial expresson on that image !! WOW! You should totally offer that as an expression pose preset! 

This discussion has been closed.