Official Announcement: HiveWire 3D to publish Animals through DAZ 3D

Comments

• napalmarsenalnapalmarsenal Posts: 82
    edited July 2017
    Chohole said:

This may seem like a stupid question to ask, but what is the oldest version of Poser that the animals will work in?  I only use Poser as a plug-in to get stuff into Bryce.

Actually it's a pretty good one!! ............. I know I can also  load it into 8 and 9 but FF renders only SF P11 only so not sure how far before that it will work. Alisa might be better able to clarify.

What version are you trying to get it to load into? 

Edit to add , Bryce does some very nice things!! 

Post edited by napalmarsenal on
  • Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited July 2017

I never had as much success as you always did getting anything from Poser into Bryce Cho.  I know DS always had the bridge between the too, but I haven't upgraded my DS in years, so don't have the latest version.  If you have the latest version of DS you could probably do it with the DS version of the Big Cats, but again, I haven't gone past DS 4.0, so don't know how the bridge to Bryce works in the latest version of DS, or how different it is from your method of moving items from Poser to Bryce.

Post edited by Miss B on
  • CWRWCWRW Posts: 87
    Chohole said:

This may seem like a stupid question to ask, but what is the oldest version of Poser that the animals will work in?  I only use Poser as a plug-in to get stuff into Bryce.

Not a stupid question! The Horse is a minimum of P9, the others a min of P10 and DS 4.9 (The Horse is DS min 4.6 but min 4.8 for Iray)  The Horse tack is P10 min.

All that will be here at Daz will come with Poser Firefly as well as Superfly MATs (older ones created prior to iRay and Superfly are being updated  as we speak to include those MATs before they are moved here.) (updates wil be free for those who already own them)

CWRW said:

Do the add-ons have bumps? None are listed, I don't know if they plain lack them or use those from the base.

Yes Richard. Of course the HW3D animals utlilize diffuse, bump, spec, normal and transparency maps; and even translucency maps where appropriate. My Mil Horse Textures were done in 2009- a looooong time ago. A lot has changed since then.

Thanks for confirming - that's a familiar looking cat...

Sure no problem.  The attachment is my Orange Tabby for the HW3D House Cat.

CWRW said:

Do the add-ons have bumps? None are listed, I don't know if they plain lack them or use those from the base.

Yes Richard. Of course the HW3D animals utlilize diffuse, bump, spec, normal and transparency maps; and even translucency maps where appropriate. My Mil Horse Textures were done in 2009- a looooong time ago. A lot has changed since then.

CWRW said:

LOL sorry about that! I need to get better with using the forums here again- it's been a long time:)

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    CWRW said:
    Chohole said:

Not a stupid question! The Horse is a minimum of P9, the others a min of P10 and DS 4.9 (The Horse is DS min 4.6 but min 4.8 for Iray)  The Horse tack is P10 min.

All that will be here at Daz will come with Poser Firefly as well as Superfly MATs (older ones created prior to iRay and Superfly are being updated  as we speak to include those MATs before they are moved here.) (updates wil be free for those who already own them)

So what will happen if I try to open them in P8 to get an obj to use in Bryce?

edited July 2017
    Chohole said:
    CWRW said:
    Chohole said:

So what will happen if I try to open them in P8 to get an obj to use in Bryce

I would let you know, but I recently uninstalled my P8 and P9 so to opt for P10 P11. You can always extract an object file, but not sure how it will work that way as it wont have the morphs/rigging. 

And Daz will let you do a .cr2 extraction which does save the rigging etc.

Chohole said:

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591

Hey Cho, not an expert in poser but the main problem would probably be posing the figure as its poser weight mapped iirc. Might possibly get it to load but I dont think you would be able to pose it. I only currently have poser 11 installed or I'd offer to see how it goes.

I don't use D|S  

edited July 2017

Hey Pen can you change the Poser version like you do in texture files on a .geometry file? 

You could change the Poser version to 8 and see what happens there when you open it.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,962
    Chohole said:

I don't use D|S  

load the duf in Carrara 8.5

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,157
    Chohole said:

I don't use D|S  

Hmmm, so even loading up a figure, applying a pose and then exporting the scene files as an OBJ?  I know DS isn't Poser but that may be something to consider in case these animals are must have for some of your renders from Bryce hon! 

Save

• Hey Pen can you change the Poser version like you do in texture files on a .geometry file? 

You could change the Poser version to 8 and see what happens there when you open it.

Scratch that won't work!! 

I think Wendy may have found the answer.     If I sort out my Carrara installation and persuade it to load up the duf.

edited July 2017
    RAMWolff said:
    Chohole said:

I don't use D|S  

Hmmm, so even loading up a figure, applying a pose and then exporting the scene files as an OBJ?  I know DS isn't Poser but that may be something to consider in case these animals are must have for some of your renders from Bryce hon! 

Save

RAMWolff said:
    Chohole said:

I don't use D|S  

Save

That 

That might work Wolfie so esentally you will be doing all of your Posing etc in Poser then just extracting the finished obj to Bryce. 

Right but if it won't work for Pam in the lower versions of Poser then perhaps she could upgrade to a higher version or download and, GOD FORBID, try out DS if it will work on her system!  LOL  I mean loading the animal, applying a preset Pose, applying the skin and then exporting it really isn't that hard but I know some folks REALLY hate DS or it hates their system or a little of both!  lol 

LOL    DS   stands for the Dark Side as far as I am concerned.   I just can't get to grips with it,  Run a fairly low spec AMD system compared with what most seem to be using for D|S. And I have the other sort of GPU.

• RAMWolff said:

Right but if it won't work for Pam in the lower versions of Poser then perhaps she could upgrade to a higher version or download and, GOD FORBID, try out DS if it will work on her system!  LOL  I mean loading the animal, applying a preset Pose, applying the skin and then exporting it really isn't that hard but I know some folks REALLY hate DS or it hates their system or a little of both!  lol 

EEEK!! =) 

I started in Poser and then Downlaoded Daz on that fateful day and ...... it's not so bad once you get used to it. Yes, with some systems its a love hate thing!! 

In the mean time! How about a little Boris Vallejo and the Jungle Book ! 

2nd Image is Jungle Kids done with Dawn SE, Starter Morphs, and Diva with Clean and Dirty mats by CWRW. 

Bleid2 copy.jpg
    1440 x 1080 - 1M
    Artistic Rendeddfr 2.jpg
    833 x 1000 - 761K
    edited July 2017

LOL    DS   stands for the Dark Side as far as I am concerned.   I just can't get to grips with it,  Run a fairly low spec AMD system compared with what most seem to be using for D|S. And I have the other sort of GPU.

Oh dear. 

Post edited by RAMWolff on

Hey Pen can you change the Poser version like you do in texture files on a .geometry file? 

Sorry to hear that didnt work.

Chohole said:

I don't use D|S  

Knew this...I was hoping to find a way for you to use Poser.smiley

Chohole said:

I think Wendy may have found the answer.     If I sort out my Carrara installation and persuade it to load up the duf.

fingers crossed this works for you. Let us know how you go...

• RAMWolff said:

Chohole said:

Oh .......... Humm......... Now that you mention it!!  I Do think I saw Kylo Ren throwing a fit in there!

................... Welcome to the dark siiiide........... Do or do not there is no tryyyyy..............

LOL me playing a bit with the Poser Hair Room with my Black Panther last year. Came out better than I expcted since I know squat about using the Hair Room but yeah sure could be loads better.

JungleBookBP.jpg
    1200 x 728 - 396K
  • CWRW said:

LOL me playing a bit with the Poser Hair Room with my Black Panther last year. Came out better than I expcted since I know squat about using the Hair Room but yeah sure could be loads better.

I think he looks really plush  and velvety !! 

Here's a render of Genesis 3 with the cougar. character is Charlotte, and another I did with Diva on Dawn.

Charlotte and her cougar.jpg
    600 x 1000 - 549K
    Diva and her cougar.jpg
    600 x 1000 - 547K
  • AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,153

Of them all I really do love that cougar. Might put me over the edge on the Big Cat. LOL

Laurie

• Awe... I love Charlotte Pen and that hair color with the cougar looks fantatic!! 

Yeah I have my own soft spot for the Cougar (and the Cougar Cub too:) The little guy is so cute!

Pendraia said:

Here's a render of Genesis 3 with the cougar. character is Charlotte, and another I did with Diva on Dawn.

Cool Pen!  I hadn't seen those renders before!

CWRW said:

Thx NA!!

CWRW said:

CWRW said:

Darn I'll get this forum stuff sorted out at some point :)

This discussion has been closed.