Official Announcement: HiveWire 3D to publish Animals through DAZ 3D

14567810»

Comments

• ANGELREAPER1972ANGELREAPER1972 Posts: 4,413

smiley thanks AllenArt and RamWolff, funny thing seen few videos on facebook with big cats playing with balls and not busting them which is funny since my two german shepards go through soccor balls a lot indecision

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,142

HAHAHA... yea, dogs are pretty rough on ball toys!  lol

• DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 2,882

just a quick, unworked 3DL test render with the hair presets.  I know some people just breeze through working with LAMH, but I've never been able to get hang of smoothing it out or otherwise getting it to lay the way I want it to, so I'm always greatful for them.

Cat test 1.png
    1052 x 789 - 2M
  • AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,140

I was thinking this for the beach ball....lol

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548
    RAMWolff said:

Most things look better with hair!  Just saying!  cheeky

Well now, that kind of depends, I know some very good looking men who don't have any hair....now animals, that's a whole nother story lol.

edited August 2017

Before they take this thread down, you need to know that DAZ killed the publishing relationship with Hivewire to sell their animals here so you better gobble them up soon.  I think they will vacate the DAZ store by the 6th or something.  Good going DAZ.  Your a mess.  angry

Post edited by RAMWolff on
  • AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,140
    edited August 2017

OH ffs!! C'mon Daz....some professionalism? :( I didn't notice anything they said in their announcement to be offensive. Geeze :(

A lot of us were looking forward to buying those animals here. This makes me sad....and mad.

Laurie

Post edited by AllenArt on
  • DreamWeeverDreamWeever Posts: 157
    edited August 2017

What freaking idiots! Hah this will make a great example of what not to to do for my marketing class. Way to go Daz

Post edited by DreamWeever on
  • StezzaStezza Posts: 7,757

maybe the HW big cat ate G8!! surprise

Stezza said:

HAHAHAHA  Ewwwwwwwwwww

Save

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232

This is weird. First we had VanishingPoint come over here then... erm... vanish abruptly (with no explanation) before I could buy all the stuff I'd wishlisted, now this. What's going on?

• CathyMCathyM Posts: 261

I too am saddened to hear this news.  I had high hopes that things would work out well for all involved. As a Daz Studio user for some years now, I had thought the initial agreement was a good sign of things to come, for I find the models from Hivewire excellent.  The creators are so passionate and enthusiastic about their work, their support of one another is so refreshing and positive.  I am really sorry to see them leave the store here at Daz. I question the soundness of the decision to remove them from this store, and wonder that perhaps old wounds need to be forgotten and forgiven, but that is just my opinion. Personally I had already purchased all the animals they have created so far, and will continue to do so as long as they are offered, whereever they are available.  -Cathy

• Man, I loved being able to buy the Hivewire critters here !!!

No Kitty now? No Kittens?? How could you not bring Harry over?? He is so gorgeous!!!

I can't say anything because it would not be very polite.broken heart

• What a shame. Oh well. HW will get my money anyways for their dog and the big cat. DAZ's loss. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Stezza said:

Run George...run!!!!

• DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 2,882

I already had all three (Harry, Big Cat, Housecat) so all Daz looses from me is their share of addons and future critters.  Ah well.  Don't mind Hivewire getting the full share on those... up until a few weeks ago, they were going to anyway... eventually.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,553

I'm not surprised. Those animals look kind of dated to me. They probably didn't sell well.

• I'm not surprised. Those animals look kind of dated to me. They probably didn't sell well.

I am sorry you must be thinking of the poor Old Daz cats the really do need to be retiered not the Hive Wire cats that were relesded just last year and are so far ahead of the old Daz ones.

I can understad how you might have been confuesed how ever with the way Daz promoted them, those that didn't know could be forgiven for thinking they were a Daz product not the better newer ones from Hive Wire

• cherpenbeckcherpenbeck Posts: 1,409

What a f.... shame. I sure would have loved to get the easier install by DIM. So I'm going to buy at HW very soon, despite the slight inconvenience.

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479

What a shame. Oh well. HW will get my money anyways for their dog and the big cat. DAZ's loss. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Exactly. People have been begging Daz for both a new dog and new cat, as well as updated versions of the horse and big cat. The collaboration with Hivewire was brilliant, a way to give us the animals we so desperately wanted without needing to use Daz resources. Now Hivewire will get the money I would have given to Daz for new animals. As you said, what a shame.

• cherpenbeckcherpenbeck Posts: 1,409

I was sooooo waiting for Harry the Horse ...

• LeanaLeana Posts: 10,932

I already had all three (Harry, Big Cat, Housecat) so all Daz looses from me is their share of addons and future critters. 

Same here, but seriously, WTF DAZ? This is just beyond ridiculous and totally unprofessional...

• SpitSpit Posts: 2,342
    edited August 2017

Just adds to my slow, quiet, seethe. No joy left.

fixed typo

Post edited by Spit on
  • Truly sad that someone at DAZ couldn't let the past stay there and had to end what could have been a beneficial agreement for all concerned. What's even worse is that some folks here can't be bothered to see past the lack of things they feel should be an integral part of a product to see how much of an improvement something is over what we currently have.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,553

I can understad how you might have been confuesed how ever with the way Daz promoted them, those that didn't know could be forgiven for thinking they were a Daz product not the better newer ones from Hive Wire

No, I didn't misunderstand the difference. I've never felt the hivewire cat or horse are particularly realistic. I understand they have a lot of fans, but they don't particular thrill me personally.

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,878

Yeah, I haven't really felt a huge difference between HW and Daz cats/horses, but I've heard people say that the HW horse is a lot easier to pose. (Not owning it, I have no idea personally) But I can see where that would be a plus.

• AllenArt said:

I was thinking this for the beach ball....lol

aaaaawwwwww lol

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,213
    edited August 2017

Since this thread has become a hot-bed of specualtion ahead of the facts and outright site-bashing it has been locked.

Post edited by frank0314 on
This discussion has been closed.