Official Announcement: HiveWire 3D to publish Animals through DAZ 3D

Comments

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,157

That's a stunningly beautiful promo Napalm. heart

• Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited July 2017
    AllenArt said:
    Miss B said:

Yup, I remember each of those instances.

Yep, I remember those AND my Zygote Victoria :P. I actually remember when Posette and Dork were IT....lol. I've been doing this stuff waaaay too long ;).

Laurie

Ahhh, I was still playing in Bryce back then, so only hung out in the Renderosity Bryce forum, because DAZ didn't own Bryce at the time.

Post edited by Miss B on
  • Rae134Rae134 Posts: 49
    Ivy said:

Thanks for the update.

I have everything up to the flock formation sets, everything Ken  has pretty muched released after that is mostly just redundant birds Volume sets that are add on to already existing set and paks I already own.. .  I ony need so many ducks and sea birds and birds of pray humming birds etc. The frogs and liazards are cool. but i bought them a long time ago too. & i only need so many of these too.  none these ken gillain characters work in Iray and will need to be converted to iray mats and some trans maps are needed for feather & the eyes in Iray  . at least when i converted the robins to iray i had to make trans maps other wise the feather on the breast rendered out boxy looking instead of softe and rounded. 

Like NP said, he's working on updating his products to Iray, slow going as he has ALOT of products and he's been working on getting some new stuff out. 

Someone mentioned the boxiness on some feathers in one of the threads over at HW, I can't remember what the fix was but it did work on one of my renders.

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,164

Thanks Rae , I found what works for poser does not always work in daz.more so now than ever before.  I've been using transmaps I make out of the feather templete and the smoother modifier as a work around for the boxy feathers. but if you got a better work around please share :)

• napalmarsenalnapalmarsenal Posts: 82
    edited July 2017

Thanks Wolfie!! Those are my Feather Fall textures for Lisa's Botanicals Daylily Model.

Ok just checked out his merchendise store and there is a section for updates and those of you who purchased from Daz should be able to get up dates from here if they are available for Iray and SF .http://www.empken.com/store/st_sbrm01.html but you will have to open a HiveWire account and show proof of purchase the details for that are listed on the site.  

Ivy, you might find a fix for your feathers not sure though!  Delightful render BTW! If/when you get the humming birds you wont be sorry for getting them they are very nicely done.

Post edited by napalmarsenal on
  • IvyIvy Posts: 7,164

Thanks Wolfie!! Those are my Feather Fall textures for Lisa's Botanicals Daylily Model.

Ok just checked out his merchendise store and there is a section for updates and those of you who purchased from Daz should be able to get up dates from here if they are available for Iray and SF .http://www.empken.com/store/st_sbrm01.html but you will have to open a HiveWire account and show proof of purchase the details for that are listed on the site.  

Ivy, you might find a fix for your feathers not sure though!  Delightful render BTW! If/when you get the humming birds you wont be sorry for getting them they are very nicely done.

I already have a hivewire account  and have gotten updates for stuff before  so I'll check it out for sure.  thanks for the comment  I have some of the humming birds  I have animated a few of them.

• SummerhorseSummerhorse Posts: 684
    edited July 2017

Ah Ken's birds! Lovely creatures!! =) I use them in my promo images all the time! I do know that he has recently updated his Lily Pad to include Iray and Superfly materials. So you probably can just redownload and install those if you already own it and purchased it at HiveWire, but not sure about if you purchased it here. 

Woodland Nymph by NapalmArsenal

I have a lot of his birds from when he sold them here, but not that hummer. He is gorgeous. Do the hummingbirds have Iray mats yet?

Love the flowers in your render, also

Post edited by Chohole on
  • SummerhorseSummerhorse Posts: 684
    Ghostman said:

HW Big Cat with the Cougar morph.

WOW, I love that mountain lion skin. If you buy the Cougar here, but have the HW Big cat purchased from Hivewire, will the mat ( Cougar skin) show in the Content library if you use DIM- or would you need to do a manual download so they get in the same folder?

• ALLIEKATBLUEALLIEKATBLUE Posts: 2,966
    edited July 2017

Dying to get this cat, got it in my cart. But does anyone know if the Big Cat "clothes" can work on on the HW cat? Here is a quick render of what I'm refering to.

Armour test.png
    982 x 921 - 726K
    Post edited by ALLIEKATBLUE on
  • AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,153
    Miss B said:
    AllenArt said:
    Miss B said:

Yup, I remember each of those instances.

Yep, I remember those AND my Zygote Victoria :P. I actually remember when Posette and Dork were IT....lol. I've been doing this stuff waaaay too long ;).

Laurie

Ahhh, I was still playing in Bryce back then, so only hung out in the Renderosity Bryce forum, because DAZ didn't own Bryce at the time.

And I was playing with and hanging out in the Vue forum :D Only got Poser to bring people and animals into Vue...hehe.

Laurie

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,153
    23Cascade said:
    Ghostman said:

HW Big Cat with the Cougar morph.

WOW, I love that mountain lion skin. If you buy the Cougar here, but have the HW Big cat purchased from Hivewire, will the mat ( Cougar skin) show in the Content library if you use DIM- or would you need to do a manual download so they get in the same folder?

I agree...I might get the Hivewire Big Cat for that cougar morph and skin alone ;).

As far as I understand from the thread here and at Hivewire, anything you buy here, should fit/work with anything you bought there. Updates to the animals here will also be given to those who bought the animals there, so essentially, they are exactly the same.

Laurie

edited July 2017

Dying to get this cat, got it in my cart. But does anyone know if the Big Cat "clothes" can work on on the HW cat? Here is a quick render of what I'm refering to.

The BC2 and HW cats are different sizes and move differently so I'm not sure if you could get it to work (you may be able to but I don't know how easy. I'm still a newbie so it would be out of my realm of expertise).

I've attached (hopefully) a file showing the difference in movement between the 2, (but i've made the BC2 at top smaller so it was the same height as the HW one at bottom)

Edited to add: I obviously don't know how to make the image apear in the post :P

Thanks Ice Dragon!

Leopard Side.jpg
    1051 x 1181 - 191K
  • Ivy said:

Thanks Rae , I found what works for poser does not always work in daz.more so now than ever before.  I've been using transmaps I make out of the feather templete and the smoother modifier as a work around for the boxy feathers. but if you got a better work around please share :)

Ken has an FAQ page "Rendering Quirks and Tips" with some troubleshooting for Iray and recommends adding Subd to help with the blockiness in feathers.  (Never sure on whether or not it's okay to post external links.)  That's the tip I've used when I've rendered his birds, and it definitely helps.

edited July 2017
    Morana said:
    Ivy said:

Ken has an FAQ page "Rendering Quirks and Tips" with some troubleshooting for Iray and recommends adding Subd to help with the blockiness in feathers.  (Never sure on whether or not it's okay to post external links.)  That's the tip I've used when I've rendered his birds, and it definitely helps.

oh that's it Morana! Thank You!, yes it was SubD to help with the feathers in Iray. Sorry I missed your post Ivy.

Post edited by Rae134 on

Those are NA's gorgeous textures she did last year for Lisa Botanicals Day Lilys, which Lisa sold here at DAZ back in the day.  There are tons of different sets, and they're all gorgeous.

23Cascade said:

edited July 2017

Awesome Ivy! I would like to check that out!! 

edited July 2017
    23Cascade said:

Ah Ken's birds! Lovely creatures!! =) I use them in my promo images all the time! I do know that he has recently updated his Lily Pad to include Iray and Superfly materials. So you probably can just redownload and install those if you already own it and purchased it at HiveWire, but not sure about if you purchased it here. 

I have a lot of his birds from when he sold them here, but not that hummer. He is gorgeous. Do the hummingbirds have Iray mats yet?

Thanks!! This is the Mexican WoodNymph! And the flowers well lol you will see if you visit the store. You can get them indivudually or in stacks. Lots of variations for Lisa's Daylily model if you own it. LOL Miss B. you are too kind!! But one of the best beta tester I have ever had!! Eagle Eyes!! Rae's top notch also!! 

This one happens to be a 3DL render. I don't have them installed currently! LOL if I kept everything installed for 2 versions of Poser and Daz  that I own ........I would need the present day version of ENIAC! 

Ok, just went back and checked the store and the info says as follows.  

• Consolidated Poser 6+ and DAZ Studio 4.5+ Bird Character Presets (.pz2/.duf) - SO 4.5 plus, but earliest Iray is 4.8, however, I can always shoot him an ask and see. As Ivy stated above there are tips for use in Iray on his site so you might check it out too. 
      • Legacy DAZ Studio3 Bird Character Presets Available in the Separate Legacy Folder
    • Field Guide and Manual in .PDF format (Includes detailed information about behavior, nesting and range)

Edit to add: There's no Iray support for any SBRM birds apart from the Kiwi and Flock Formations2... The Natures Wonders Water Lily Garden however has been updated as per the amphibians releases.   They are coming, but like 1000+ birds to do updates for = TON's of work!! 

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548
    Rae134 said:

The BC2 and HW cats are different sizes and move differently so I'm not sure if you could get it to work (you may be able to but I don't know how easy. I'm still a newbie so it would be out of my realm of expertise).

I've attached (hopefully) a file showing the difference in movement between the 2, (but i've made the BC2 at top smaller so it was the same height as the HW one at bottom)

Edited to add: I obviously don't know how to make the image apear in the post :P

To make an image appear in post, once you have it loaded like you do and have posted, double click on the file under you post with the photo.  It should take you to a new page that has the full size photo. Copy the url and then come back to your post (click the back button on the large picture if its not grayed out or you will end up closing the thread your photo is in.) Click on the little icon to the right of your post and hit edit. Then click on the little mountain picture and a pop up box will appear.  Paste the url you copied into that box and change the the largest dimension to 800 if the file is bigger than 800 x whatever.  It will automatically adjust the lower dimension to match.  hit okay and then save post or post comment I can't remember off hand what the exact wording says lol.

edited July 2017

You might be able to sort of fit it, but I know when I try to fit the Daz Horse 2 Tack to Harry you sort of have to play with it some and have some issues. Luckily, there is a conversion kit for it at the Hive so that it fits perfectly. You might try a smoothing mod and see if that might help, or see if someone would do the conversion for you. Love the battle cat gear! .......... oh and now I have the urge to do Heman renders! 

edited July 2017
    LOL Miss B. you are too kind!! But one of the best beta tester I have ever had!! Eagle Eyes!! Rae's top notch also!!

Hey, by now you should know, I always tell it like it is.  wink

Here's the Artistic Render I did while testing NA's beautiful textures.

DayLilyGarden.jpg
    1000 x 664 - 325K
    Post edited by Miss B on
  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,146

You might be able to sort of fit it, but I know when I try to fit the Daz Horse 2 Tack to Harry you sort of have to play with it some and have some issues. Luckily, there is a conversion kit for it at the Hive so that it fits perfectly. You might try a smoothing mod and see if that might help, or see if someone would do the conversion for you. Love the battle cat gear! .......... oh and now I have the urge to do Heman renders! 

Is that conversion kit a freebie or a pay item?  Can't buy anything right now.  Oh, I don't have any Horse 2.0 tack anyway, but still curious.

Dana

edited July 2017
    DanaTA said:

Is that conversion kit a freebie or a pay item?  Can't buy anything right now.  Oh, I don't have any Horse 2.0 tack anyway, but still curious.

Dana

It's a purchase item sorry! Not a freebie, but Lyrra put alot of effort into making it and It also works in Poser.  However, Harry has some Gorgeous Tack!! Western for your Quater Horses and Ranch themed renders  and Classic for your hunter jumpers.   I wish you could see some of Flint-Hawks renders of it! 

I do also know that the Dapple Grey texture just got upgraded to Iray, and the Liver Chestnut coat texture just came out and includes Iray and Superfly mats! This is a custom morph using the Thoroughbred form for a light form racer or well your pegasus types light framed and bird like. I hope to offer these soon as they are nearly ready for Daz few more tweaks with the Racing Tack. 

Deviney's wave brushes BTW! 

Amid An Amber Sea

reg.jpg
    700 x 525 - 215K
    Caro.png
    3500 x 2625 - 2M
    DD Skirt Hat 3delight.jpg
    1000 x 1200 - 313K
    Dusk.jpg
    1666 x 1343 - 393K
  • Miss B said:
    LOL Miss B. you are too kind!! But one of the best beta tester I have ever had!! Eagle Eyes!! Rae's top notch also!!

Hey, by now you should know, I always tell it like it is.  wink

Here's the Artistic Render I did while testing NA's beautiful textures.

Love those Miss B!! =) You managed to get almost all the varieties in there!! Thanks for posting!! Yes, Poser and Daz both platforms supported. 

• Rae134 said:

To make an image appear in post, once you have it loaded like you do and have posted, double click on the file under you post with the photo.  It should take you to a new page that has the full size photo. Copy the url and then come back to your post (click the back button on the large picture if its not grayed out or you will end up closing the thread your photo is in.) Click on the little icon to the right of your post and hit edit. Then click on the little mountain picture and a pop up box will appear.  Paste the url you copied into that box and change the the largest dimension to 800 if the file is bigger than 800 x whatever.  It will automatically adjust the lower dimension to match.  hit okay and then save post or post comment I can't remember off hand what the exact wording says lol.

Thanks so much for that!! heart I kept trying to insert image lol and a handful of other things and now I know!! laugh

• GhostmanGhostman Posts: 215
    edited July 2017

​HW Black Panther. :)

Bagheera.jpg
    1540 x 841 - 684K
    Post edited by Ghostman on

Has this turned into a "show us your HW3D Big Cat" thread? angel

kittytaur.jpg
    1231 x 1600 - 723K
    trouble makers.jpg
    1600 x 1040 - 734K
    jungle friends.jpg
    1600 x 989 - 817K
  • Why not Rae?  The HiveWire Big Cat is a fantastic animal.  I wish I had more time to play with him and all the other HiveWire animals and figures.  

But nooo ... there just isn't enough hours in the day to do everything I need or want to do.

Here is one other piece I did with the HiveWire Big Cat.  

Now ... Harry?  I have FAR more pieces featuring the HiveWire Horse.  

Intent.jpg
    1730 x 1298 - 636K
  • sandmanmaxsandmanmax Posts: 992
    edited July 2017

These were my entries into HiveWire's Leopard competition last fall. It's the HW3D Leopard and Cub, G3F Adaline, Terradome 3, and a bunch of buildings and plants.  I really want to build out the whole jungle scene eventually.  I totally love how poseable the cats are. I'm hoping we see some LAMH add-ons for them.

Uh-Oh

Saved by the Cubs

Uh-oh.png
    1311 x 1250 - 3M
    Saved by the Cubs.png
    1500 x 1359 - 3M
    Post edited by sandmanmax on
  • RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037
    edited July 2017

*removed*

Post edited by RKane_1 on
    edited July 2017

Why not Rae?  The HiveWire Big Cat is a fantastic animal.  I wish I had more time to play with him and all the other HiveWire animals and figures.  

But nooo ... there just isn't enough hours in the day to do everything I need or want to do.

Here is one other piece I did with the HiveWire Big Cat.  

Now ... Harry?  I have FAR more pieces featuring the HiveWire Horse.  

Ghostman, terrific render witht he Black Panther Coat and very nice representation of Stonemason's Enchanted Forest.

Rae, Kittytaur is one of my favorites!! and Love your HW cub with the Lizard! 

Beautiful watercolor effect you have there Satira and I also think you have done some really nice renders using the draft horse!

These were my entries into HiveWire's Leopard competition last fall. It's the HW3D Leopard and Cub, G3F Adaline, Terradome 3, and a bunch of buildings and plants.  I really want to build out the whole jungle scene eventually.  I totally love how poseable the cats are. I'm hoping we see some LAMH add-ons for them.

Uh-Oh

Saved by the Cubs

Sandman Max, I love Stonemason's sets with him. I have his Jungle Ruins set. I hope at some point to be able to get his jungle construction set, but a little pricey atm, Fern Lake bundle is another very well done set as well. Oh and can't have Stonemason without Dreamworks lighthing effects for the Enchanted Forest. 

WHooHOO Double quote and I didn't repeat myself! 

This discussion has been closed.