• SorelSorel Posts: 1,390

so many great looking renders!

• OstadanOstadan Posts: 1,123

Just trying out a recent purchase or two.  Ragnar in Tuscany

Ragnar in Tuscany.png
    600 x 600 - 637K
  • PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited February 2016
    Hey, I had a birthday last week, too! Spent it being ill. Almost better for Valentine's day. Ugh

Sorry to hear that...I was sick last week also but it worse when it's your birthday! Happy belated Birthday...

@Sithlordsims, wow he does look good!

Nice images Mal3Imagery...

Looks good Osterdan...I haven't gotten around to trying people in Streets of Tuscany yet.

Post edited by Pendraia on
  • Kev914Kev914 Posts: 1,108
    edited February 2016

I messed around with the lighting on my previous picture and this is what I came up with...

Ragnar3.png
    556 x 720 - 570K
    Post edited by Kev914 on
  • L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    KevinH said:

I messed around with the lighting on my previous picture and this is what I came up with...

Yes! That looks really nice. The lighting makes a big difference. Well worth the extra effort, imo.

• ButchButch Posts: 798
    KevinH said:

Shadows are a very underrated commodity, but can add so much to an image.  Well done, Kevin!!

Really nice KevinH!

• Ostadan said:

Just trying out a recent purchase or two.  Ragnar in Tuscany

Love the composition here! Have you tried adding a stronger DOF?

Wow! Thanks L'Adair, Butch and Pendraia.

edited February 2016

Here's a Thursday night Spartan wearing his Mighty Minotaur loincloth and M7 helmet and sandals.  Single reality soft box is the only light source.  Octane Render.

Post edited by Butch on
  • LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,861

Butch, I'm a bit confused about anatomy in this one, I see you gave him a good lot of muscles and meat, (nothing wrong with that) but I'm trying to figure out at which knee I'm looking at. I believe it shoud be the left knee as the right knee must bee a bit lower ans so is not seen. But when I look at the hollow of the knee for the left leg the kneetop looks really off to me surprise. I really llike the light and the way the skin looks here with the sheen to it!

Linwelly said:

Butch, I'm a bit confused about anatomy in this one, I see you gave him a good lot of muscles and meat, (nothing wrong with that) but I'm trying to figure out at which knee I'm looking at. I believe it shoud be the left knee as the right knee must bee a bit lower ans so is not seen. But when I look at the hollow of the knee for the left leg the kneetop looks really off to me surprise. I really llike the light and the way the skin looks here with the sheen to it!

It's the right knee you can see - left hand is, essentially, holding/hiding his left knee cap.  Right forearm resting at right kneecap.  Just think of it as my attempt at an optical illusion wink.  Actually, I didn't notice it, until you pointed it out lol

• mal3Imagerymal3Imagery Posts: 711
    edited February 2016

Decided to try Iray... Here's my first result within an hour of playing with it.

Post edited by Chohole on
    Butch said:
    Linwelly said:

It's the right knee you can see - left hand is, essentially, holding/hiding his left knee cap.  Right forearm resting at right kneecap.  Just think of it as my attempt at an optical illusion wink.  Actually, I didn't notice it, until you pointed it out lol

OK, thanks for sorting out knees for me wink I just kept thinking, "man can you lift those hands so I can take a closer look at your legs..."

• edited February 2016

There's some really nice looking renders in here! Everyone is doing such great work. :) I have the G3's, but don't really use them. Same for the G2's; the G2's come out only rarely for me. My primary figure is Genesis 1, followed by M4, and then M3. Dusk is starting to edge his way in there with the Michael's, though. ;)

I render in DS 4.8 Pro; 3Delight. I can't use Iray because of the amount of time it would take on a system (laptop) that does not have an Nvidia card (it's onboard). Any postwork is done usually in Corel Photopaint; sometimes augmented a bit in GIMP.

Anyway... here's just a couple of my renders. I do tend to render far more males than I do females...

Shappa Napook : Draw the Line
    This was a render done to demonstrate one of the techniques in my GenX tutorial. Shappa is a G2M, using my Genesis 1 morph ported over. All clothes are G2.

Nataani : Play Render
    This one is Dusk, with my upcoming Nataani morphs and skin.

All That Remains
    This is Genesis 1; too many items to list here. LOL The character is my Blake (morphs only; the skin is an edited Mor-V skin).

Blake and Seamus : Just For Fun
    This is Blake again; a Genesis 1, and Seamus, with his Genesis 1 morph ported over to G2M so I didn't have to fuss with autofit on the clothes.
    The skin I use for Seamus is my own texture; his morphs are mine also (dial-spun, like all of my characters).

Nataani : School's In
    Another one of Dusk - yes, Nataani's skin and morphs again..

Face In The Mirror
    This is another Genesis 1 render; dial-spun morphs, a SAV M4 skin/hair. G2M clothes via autofit from G2M to Genesis 1.
    It's not one of my better renders, I think. But I still kinda like it.

Nataani : Working Man
    Another Dusk render; Nataani again. These Nataani renders just sort of happened along the way while I was building his skin and morphs...

Wulf Twofeathers : Portrait
    This was intended as a sort of school photo to go into a frame in the background of another scene.
    Michael 4; my skin, my morphs (dial spun), an M4 shirt.
    Female items repurposed : Stalker Girl Ponytail (tail only), and Ali's Hr-107 (cap only)

Nataani : Portrait
    Last one! Dusk again, and Nataani again... I just really liked this one...
    Female items repurposed : The bandanna is actually just the headband part of the old Insolent Nightmare V4 hair from SWAM.
    I set the rest of the hair down to zero opacity and applied Ken's texture from his Dusk Western Clothing to the headband (adjusted tiling), then scaled/translated it from there.

Post edited by Seliah (Childe of Fyre) on
    edited February 2016

Really nice characters you made Seliah, even though their stories give me a chill at times.

I just rememberes that I could as well give this highlander guy a place here: dialed in from g2m, the tattoos are made by me ( as well as the stone carvings). rendered as well in 3delight, the only postwork is on the hair. For more details see my Art thread: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/67611/linwelly-s-grove#latest

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/uploads/FileUpload/f3/f6d9c0f808a223b4bef0282b71392e.jpg

Post edited by Linwelly on
    edited February 2016

Hello guys. Some promo images I did of a soon to be released character (soon as in tomorrow ;D ).

theo_01.jpg
    2000 x 2600 - 1M
    theo_2.jpg
    2000 x 2600 - 2M
    theo_05.jpg
    1920 x 2496 - 1M
    theo_03.jpg
    1920 x 1477 - 2M
    theo_04.jpg
    1920 x 2496 - 2M
    Post edited by Sorel on
  • KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191
    edited March 2016

Love all of the images posted the last few days.  Really great work.  My computer finally finished the poster it was rendering.  I scaled it down to post in my gallery.  I had a little fun with the SimTenero Randomizer to get a lot of Asian characters.  I'll have to do a render where more of them are facing the camera.  Since I run Iray with CPU only, this render took forever because I was rendering for a poster size.  In all, DS took 3 days to do this at 6000 px x 4800 px.  At least now, I can move on with other projects.  But this was a very fun gift to do for a very special person.

Clicking on image goes to gallery page.

Post edited by Knittingmommy on
  • The poses in this are really good, Knittingmommy—they feel really authentic. You've really captured the atmosphere—worth all that time and effort angel

The new character looks good, Sorel. What's his name? Doesn't matter. I'm sure to buy him.

• The poses in this are really good, Knittingmommy—they feel really authentic. You've really captured the atmosphere—worth all that time and effort angel

Thanks.  I actually had to do all of those from scratch as I couldn't find any poses close to start with.  As for authenticy, that comes from taking my boys to karate class for the last 8 years.  wink  Since it was a picture for the Shihan of our organization, I had each of the color belts for the adult ranks represented as well.  The way the figures are all situated is the way that class bows in at the opening and closing of each class.  This particular setup is the showing of respect by the students to their teachers which is why only the row of students are bowing.  I'm really proud of how it turned out.

Butch said:

Here's a Thursday night Spartan wearing his Mighty Minotaur loincloth and M7 helmet and sandals.  Single reality soft box is the only light source.  Octane Render.

I really love the feel of this render it reminds me of the light and colour seen in Renaissance artists paintings.

Lovely renders everyone....

@Seliah,  I can't wait for your Nataani character he is so cute!

• V3DigitimesV3Digitimes Posts: 3,068

This is my latest male render "Morning Prayer", using an elf character I created quite a while ago. It's G2M with the "Colin" textures but the shape I've built up myself. I used V3Digitimes' Smart Iray Converter on the skin. Rendered in Iray with IBL (environment) light only, which has a single "donut" light.

Took about 10 minutes to render.

Beautiful!

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,157
    Sorel said:

Hello guys. Some promo images I did of a soon to be released character (soon as in tomorrow ;D ).

I had no idea you were a merchant here.   Your character is gorgeous and is in my cart.  I love that you included, I think, fiber hair for the chest and arms.  Is there hair for the face as well?  Nice work.  Love that last promo image with that silly look on his face!  lmao

• Sorel said:

He's really nice.  I had to put him in the wishlist for now, but as soon as I have more funds, he is in the cart.  I really hate having to pass on a really good male character.  The promos look really good and I love the body hair options.  Nice job, Sorel!

edited February 2016

oh no no no, I'm not the merchant LOL.  I was just asked if I wanted to do some promos. Vincent did do a really good job on the character, I like him a lot.

Post edited by Sorel on
  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,157

Ah, OK.  LOL

• 3Ddreamer3Ddreamer Posts: 1,296
    edited February 2016

Okay this is a lesson in always saving test scenes wink

I was playing with a new guy, rendered but didn't save the scene, and I kept looking at it... So I had to start again. Managed to redo most of it, just can't remember if I used the iray shader with the hair or UHT.

Conal new.png
    1019 x 908 - 665K
    Conal3.png
    1019 x 908 - 2M
    Post edited by 3Ddreamer on
  • Sorel said:

oh no no no, I'm not the merchant LOL.  I was just asked if I wanted to do some promos. Vincent did do a really good job on the character, I like him a lot.

Well, you still did a great job on the promos.  I really liked them.  Lately, promos for some products have not been the best they could be to sell a product and some have been downright dreadful.  However, your promos for this figure were very nice!  I have to admit to having a favorite, though.  That gunslinger shot was great.  And, the promos really highlighted the body hair options which I enoyed seeing.

• 3Ddreamer said:

Okay this is a lesson in always saving test scenes wink

I was playing with a new guy, rendered but didn't save the scene, and I kept looking at it... So I had to start again. Managed to redo most of it, just can't remember if I used the iray shader with the hair or UHT.

Hah, such good advice!!!!  When I first started using DS I had created this really awesome character.  I thought I had saved it as a character preset so didn't bother saving as a scene.  When I went back to use the character, all I had in there were the clothes.  I still don't know how I managed to do that.  It killed me trying to recreate that character and I still don't have it exactly as I did originally.  So, even if I think I have a preset saved, I ALWAYS save as a scene or scene subset now!

This discussion has been closed.