Michael and Friends Appreciation Association [Lots of images, please.]

19495969798100»

Comments

• EJWorksEJWorks Posts: 483

Garner Raven, I think I used Micheal 3, but I don't remember what textures or dialed in characters were also used. Did this in July and he's still one of my favorite guy characters I've rendedered in daz.

https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#images/393301

Garner finished.jpg
    1227 x 878 - 759K
    Garner Close up.jpg
    1227 x 878 - 268K
  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929

I like the blurry light and the character looks believably part of the scene too. How'd you do that light blur? Or is it post in Nik Tools or something?

EJWorks said:

Garner Raven, I think I used Micheal 3, but I don't remember what textures or dialed in characters were also used. Did this in July and he's still one of my favorite guy characters I've rendedered in daz.

Looks good

• evilded777evilded777 Posts: 2,440

I like the blurry light and the character looks believably part of the scene too. How'd you do that light blur? Or is it post in Nik Tools or something?

The blurring is Nik tools most likely, but its an involved prcoess before I even get there.

The blurring is Nik tools most likely, but its an involved prcoess before I even get there.

OK, thanks

• evilded777evilded777 Posts: 2,440

Overcoming Demons

"Like 'love', 'hope' is one of those totally disproportionate words that by all rights really ought to be longer." - Harry Dresden

good job

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479

Overcoming Demons

"Like 'love', 'hope' is one of those totally disproportionate words that by all rights really ought to be longer." - Harry Dresden

Beautiful image.

• EJWorksEJWorks Posts: 483
    EJWorks said:

Looks good

Thanks. :) I just realized I wrote Michael 3 when I meant Genesis 3 Male.

Looks like they just closed. 

• I just stumbled on this thread and I feel like I've come home. There are not enough male resources out there... 

Here are a couple of images that I really enjoyed creating. Both are Genesis 3 male figures. 

VoodooInvading.png
    607 x 848 - 650K
    EvanG3_v2_final.png
    1356 x 878 - 762K
    illysArt said:

I just stumbled on this thread and I feel like I've come home. There are not enough male resources out there... 

Here are a couple of images that I really enjoyed creating. Both are Genesis 3 male figures. 

Welcome home, "brother." It's good to see you here. (Or is it, "sister"?)

I really like the two images you posted. They are both good in different ways, but I definitely like the Godrays on the angel. Very nicely done.

• L'Adair said:
    illysArt said:

I just stumbled on this thread and I feel like I've come home. There are not enough male resources out there... 

I really like the two images you posted. They are both good in different ways, but I definitely like the Godrays on the angel. Very nicely done.

Thanks! It's great to be here.

Would you believe those godrays are a cheat in Photoshop? It's just a quick brush blobbed onto the corner of the image. That can be our secret. I'm still fighting with godray products to try to make a good real render of god rays. :)

I'm always on the lookout for good Male products. Any hints would be awesome.

illysArt said:
    L'Adair said:
    illysArt said:

Thanks! It's great to be here.

Would you believe those godrays are a cheat in Photoshop? It's just a quick brush blobbed onto the corner of the image. That can be our secret. I'm still fighting with godray products to try to make a good real render of god rays. :)

I'm always on the lookout for good Male products. Any hints would be awesome.

Nothing "cheating" about postwork in my opinion. Take a look at the top 40 on the first page of the Galleries, and you'll see "most" of those have used postwork to some extent. I have and use Epic Props: Godrays & Volumetric Light for Iray and am very happy with it. I used it with this image, (though with maybe a bit more subtlety than you're looking for):

A Friend In Need, by L'Adair

(That's the M4 skeleton, so qualifies for this thread. Barely. lol)

As for "Male" products, I guess it depends on how you define products; Characters, Hair, Props and/or Poses, Wardrobe? And I suppose it also depends on which generation(s) you're most interested in. It seems the newer the generation, the fewer options are available. One of the really good things about the Genesis 3 and 8 characters are how similar they are when it comes to wardrobe and hair. If you're willing to put in the work, almost anything that fits G3M will fit G8M and vice-versa. (Shoes can be difficult if there's a substantial heel, but that's usually more of an issue with the females.) 

If you can be more specific about what you're looking for, I'll be happy to share my personal favorites, both products and PAs. I'm sure others will be happy to share their favs as well.

• @L'Adair I have that package as well. I didn't have a lot of good luck with it. I'll give it another look.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560
    edited February 2018

Here's one for the group. I've been working on some shaving poses... And this is one of them.

CloseShave.jpg
    1400 x 1598 - 1M
    Post edited by Serene Night on
  • Another exploration of using female textures and clothing on G8M. G8 seems to wear just about anything well: each wardrobe item is from a different Genesis generation, from G1 to G3. The skin is Iseul by Saiyoness (I will render a charcter not by Saiyoness one day!). He's supposed to be an android, by the way.

Full details of products used in my gallery post (except G2F OOT Superhose, which I don't think was from DAZ).

Model TH-303

• ArtsyDragonArtsyDragon Posts: 530
    edited February 2018

Here's one for the group. I've been working on some shaving poses... And this is one of them.

I like this a lot! Keep it up!!

Post edited by ArtsyDragon on
  • ArtsyDragonArtsyDragon Posts: 530
    edited February 2018

Another exploration of using female textures and clothing on G8M. G8 seems to wear just about anything well: each wardrobe item is from a different Genesis generation, from G1 to G3. The skin is Iseul by Saiyoness (I will render a charcter not by Saiyoness one day!). He's supposed to be an android, by the way.

Full details of products used in my gallery post (except G2F OOT Superhose, which I don't think was from DAZ).

I have a character I am fond of, I call him Raelyn. He is a G3M character and he wears G3F okay with the UV swap in place. I'll look into the G8M using G8F. Thanks! Awesome image, by the way!

Post edited by ArtsyDragon on
  • E.BruE.Bru Posts: 180
    edited February 2018

Test!

1078 Iray Runner nik.JPG
    1159 x 1500 - 135K
    Post edited by E.Bru on
  • ButchButch Posts: 797
    E.Bru said:

Test!

Really like your cropping in this yes

Here's Finn for Edward 8.  Well, my version...

Butch said:

Here's Finn for Edward 8.  Well, my version...

He reminds me of Joe Jackson, well if Joe Jackson spent 2 decades lifting weights. The 'Stepping Out' composer.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560
    edited February 2018

A sexy popeye? Of course that begs the question of where is Bluto.

Post edited by Serene Night on

He reminds me of Joe Jackson, well if Joe Jackson spent 2 decades lifting weights. The 'Stepping Out' composer.

Every time I look at him, I see someone I know.  I just can't put my finger on it.

A sexy popeye? Of course that begs the question of where is Bluto.

He taking the detention class and couldn't be in this render wink

Can you believe it? Time to start a new thread...

Michael and Friends Appreciation Association [Images] Pt 2

This discussion has been closed.