Michael and Friends Appreciation Association [Lots of images, please.]

Comments

• For what it's worth, I was happy with the turban with just SubD 1.

One big breakthrough... some folks had beaten the realism drum of 'glossy color should always be white!' And, well. No. Light responds in weird ways, and whether or not it's 'realistic,' it can LOOK GOOD to have surfaces with glossy color.

Re:turban and other pesky triangle-y models... this little program is free and awesome: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/66463/free-retopology-software

And as for gloss colour: it could be an approximation of this interesting effect - http://blog.maxwellrender.com/tips/pushing-the-limits-of-realism-of-materials/

Since the Iray DS base has thin film by default, could be worth exploring.

• nemesis10nemesis10 Posts: 3,329
    edited February 2016

Gray for Gianni:

Gray_For_Gianni.jpeg
    1587 x 1255 - 547K
    Post edited by nemesis10 on
  • L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    3Ddreamer said:

Hey I was just in checking one of my webmail account and got the surprise of my life when I say a MAN advertising DAZ3D. About time! :-)

Though they may be a bit confused if they think that is Vicky ;-)

That's funny... But you're right, it's about time we saw Michael in those ads.

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited February 2016

Lovely images everyone...

Cool having a male in the ad but the words are a bit confusing.

Post edited by Pendraia on
  • evilded777evilded777 Posts: 2,462

The Embrace

I do adore multi-generational.

• Kev914Kev914 Posts: 1,108
    edited February 2016

This is Theo. He is wearing the lower half of the No Suit for Genesis 3...minus the feet coverings. He has a slight dusting of the Unshaven for G2M. I did the pose my self and added some morphs to the body. He is sitting in the courtyard.

Theo on Stairway.png
    556 x 720 - 715K
    Post edited by Kev914 on

I was wondering, Hiro Protagonist...you said in an earlier post that you lit you scene with only an IBL environment light. By this do you mean that you plugged an image into the Environment Map. And was it an IBL image or a HDRI image? Are the same or different? I downloaded a few IBL/HDRI images. There was on file that said IBL, two with HDRI and two jpg. But when I went to add the map to the Environemt setting, only the HDRI and jpg were available to load. And was your scene totally dark until you rendered? My scene was dark but when I rendered, it had lighting. Probably needed to be a little bit lighter, but I didn't see a setting for adjust the lumens or anything like that in the render settings. Maybe it is there, staring me in the face, and I am blind to it. Thanks.

• Thank you IH Kang for the amazing 3 piece suit :)

Heart Breaker

• ButchButch Posts: 798

Okey dokey, here's "The Guy 7" in his Action Guy hair and "Run with It" shorts.  He's actually using the Leo 7 skin and "Real Hairy" in this - alas, neither fit his shape perfectly.  Rendered in Octane because it has the most amazing mesh curtain texture.  If I have to pick a favourite part of this image, it would be his the action guy hair, closely followed by his shorts wink

His front view has just finished rendering.

Now for the normal view

Only changes I've made  are head and skin. 

If these shorts were dynamic...

Great images!

@Butch, love the Guy 7 renders...

Thanks, Pendraia smiley  In my opinion, he has quite a bit of potential.

I would agree with that...both for toons and realistic with the right texture.

• KevinH said:

I was wondering, Hiro Protagonist...you said in an earlier post that you lit you scene with only an IBL environment light. By this do you mean that you plugged an image into the Environment Map. And was it an IBL image or a HDRI image? Are the same or different? I downloaded a few IBL/HDRI images. There was on file that said IBL, two with HDRI and two jpg. But when I went to add the map to the Environemt setting, only the HDRI and jpg were available to load. And was your scene totally dark until you rendered? My scene was dark but when I rendered, it had lighting. Probably needed to be a little bit lighter, but I didn't see a setting for adjust the lumens or anything like that in the render settings. Maybe it is there, staring me in the face, and I am blind to it. Thanks.

Yes, an environment map in the Iray panel (nothing present in the scene itself). It was a HDR image (either .exr or .hdr). You need the high dynamic range; a standard 8-bit jpeg or png, etc., will give very poor results in this role. IBL just means "image based lighting" which covers a number of things, but usually refers to an HDR environment map. HDRI is high dynamic range imaging/image, which can contain a very much greater range of luminance and colour values (e.g. whites with higher values than 1). You need to plug the .hdr or .exr (two formats that do pretty much the same thing) into the Iray Environment Map. Jpegs are provided with IBL sets for preview purposes mainly, not for use as the actual lighting.

The environment map will not be visible or do anything until you render, so the scene will not be lit by it in the viewport, unless you go into the Iray mode that renders "live" in your viewport. If your render is looking too dark you can either increase the exposure (e.g. increase film ISO) or increase the environment level itself. I find the default env level generally too high if anything and I tend to turn it down rather than up. If you are using a map with a single light source, make sure it is pointing at your subject from the right direction by rotating the enviroment in the Iray viewport mode so that you can see its effect.

Thanks for the explanation, Hiro Protagonist! I'm getting better at this stuff. I actually understood everything you said.

• @mal3Imagery Where do all your iages disappear to? You have a gallery somewhere else where we can see them all?

• AmaranthAmaranth Posts: 410

ok here's one of mine :)

• @mal3Imagery Where do all your iages disappear to? You have a gallery somewhere else where we can see them all?

I remove all my images at DAZ after a certain amount of time. All my images are at DA. Click on my signature to go there.

Meanwhile, whilst still fiddling with The Guy.  Here's part of him, with Jax shape and Dash skin.  His eye's looking a bit wonky, from this distance.

• LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,861
    Amaranth said:

ok here's one of mine :)

That is a nice work, Amaranth, which figure did you use for this?

• evilded777evilded777 Posts: 2,462

Here's something a little different for you, but still featuring the male form

• KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191
    Butch said:

Meanwhile, whilst still fiddling with The Guy.  Here's part of him, with Jax shape and Dash skin.  His eye's looking a bit wonky, from this distance.

I like this one, Butch.  I'm starting to rethink if I want to get The Guy 7 at some point.  Renders like this are showing me I can do more than just toons which I don't do much.

Thank you IH Kang for the amazing 3 piece suit :)

Heart Breaker

Love this one, too.  Very nicely done!

edited March 2016

Okay, so, I've been off busy working away on my book and haven't really done much with DS.  I did manage to make a couple of renders for two contests, one of which is over now.  No, I didn't win, but didn't expect to either.  This was just thrown together because I was playing with the Randomizer for characters for my Dojo render that I posted a few pages back.  You could only see the faces of two of the characters since the others were bowing and facing away from the camera.  I thought I would do a quick render showing the faces of some of the characters I made with the Randomizer which is why I came up with this render.  I thought about showing the raw render, but I'm kind of proud of my limited postwork skills and how they looked in this final edition so you get the full final render here.

clicking on image takes you to my gallery

BTW, any Karate Kid fans might want to check out the documentary, The Real Myagi.  It is finally done and available on Amazon.  It is about the stunt person for the character Myagi, Shihan Fumio Demura, who was also the karate tecnical advisor and the person who was the inspiration behind how karate was taught in the films.  He is the one who actually did all of the fight scenes for the Myagi character.  Coincidentally, this was the recipient for the Dojo Poster I made.  I'm told he liked it and I got a gift in return because he is still very much Japanese.  laugh

Post edited by Knittingmommy on

Thanks Knittingmommy.  I got The Guy so I could try my hand at toon characters, for a change.  But, every time I do a toon image, all I can see are eyebrows, so I change the character back to a regular skin lol.  Eventually, I"ll get around to shaping his brows, to more my style.

I might add, I quite like your old and still eager Master Ninjas.  Reminds me of when I lived across the road from a park - every morning the tai chi people were doing their thing  laugh

Thank you, Butch.  I took a tai chi class once.  It was fun, but I wasn't used to moving that slow.  Now that I'm older and moving slower, I might try it again. ;)  I keep playing around with some toon stuff, but I haven't really gotten a look that I like.  I keep playing with it every once in awhile, though, so maybe someday I'll get something worth putting in my gallery.  I think I only have one toon in there right now from when I was playing with the Skunkville Noir Shaders last year.

edited March 2016

I'll blame this picture on the fact that my brain is melting.  It's supposed to be autumn and cooling down... it's still too hot sad 

Hmm, just realised stilettos may have been nice.

Post edited by Butch on
  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,157

LMAO~ 

• gerterasmusgerterasmus Posts: 287
    Butch said:

I'll blame this picture on the fact that my brain is melting.  It's supposed to be autumn and cooling down... it's still too hot sad 

Hmm, just realised stilettos may have been nice.

Absolutely FABULOUS, Dahling.

• gerterasmusgerterasmus Posts: 287

Good Night.

Not sure if safe for Gallery usage, but here's the one that took me quite a few hours. This one only rendered to 62%.

Good Night.jpg
    1500 x 1500 - 1M

Butch, I think it is inspired!  I had to laugh, though, because my husband took one look at it over my shoulder and said, "That is NOT Batman!"  I don't know about the stilettos.  :)

Gerterasmus, I think it looks great.  I love the glass in the divider and your man looks scrumptious.  Very drool worthy!

Nice job! both of you!

This discussion has been closed.