Michael and Friends Appreciation Association [Lots of images, please.]

Comments

• evilded777evilded777 Posts: 2,462

Yes, @lucidghost, that's Gianni 7. It was late...drive by posting.

• dracorndracorn Posts: 2,333

Here's my contribution to the thread. Character is Darius with some custom facial morphs thrown in and wearing the Coalition Rapier Armor. Added some Abrams-style lens flares in post.

WOW!  This is professional quality.  The expression and the readiness tells us that he means business.  The lighting and lens flares are perfect.

Can't complement this enough!

edited January 2016

Here's a reboot of a previous character I created.  I wanted to add Alfred's brows to make them red, but I needed skin without eyebrows to do it. 

The character is G1, and I spun dials to make his features harsher.  He's a combination of Leon Night, Freak, Michael 5, plus Head Morph Resource Kits.  I converted Alfred's skin to G1, then played with the subsurfaces to get the skin color.  I like this one better.  It needs a little post work touch up, as there is some distortion at the inner corner of the eyebrows and I need to clean up the sleeve a little.  But I finished this one late last night and so bleary eyed I went to bed.

The Reboot:

The Original:

Krek Darr Jhinn Sword 1000 Close up 2.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 602K
    Krek Darr Jhinn Closeup.jpg
    1173 x 962 - 718K
    Post edited by dracorn on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,550
    L'Adair said:
    barbult said:

L'Adair, how did you post your image and make it link to your gallery when a user clicks on it? That looks like a useful technique. I'd like to try it.

There are two tabs in the popup when you click on the image icon in the editor. The default is where you enter your image url and such, the one on the right is for a link. Click on that tab and there is a place for a url, and a drop-down options list that lets you set it to, among other things, open in a new window. I put the gallery link there.

I got it working! Thanks for the instructions.

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    barbult said:
    L'Adair said:
    barbult said:

L'Adair, how did you post your image and make it link to your gallery when a user clicks on it? That looks like a useful technique. I'd like to try it.

There are two tabs in the popup when you click on the image icon in the editor. The default is where you enter your image url and such, the one on the right is for a link. Click on that tab and there is a place for a url, and a drop-down options list that lets you set it to, among other things, open in a new window. I put the gallery link there.

You're welcome. I've been toying with the idea, for a few months now, of creating a tutorial thread on the various ways to put images into a comment. Guess I should get off the fence and get it done!
    laugh

L'Adair said:
    barbult said:
    L'Adair said:
    barbult said:

You're welcome. I've been toying with the idea, for a few months now, of creating a tutorial thread on the various ways to put images into a comment. Guess I should get off the fence and get it done!
    laugh

Well, Rats! I went back to the thread and now it isn't working anymore. Do you have any idea why it would have been working earlier and now it doesn't????? I guess I need that tutorial! I must have done something wrong.

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    RAMWolff said:

A limitation I really hate with the wrist's, and this goes for the Hivewire figures too, is that extreme bends cause funny bulges and weirdness where the wrist and hand are bent.  The composition looks great but that wrist that he's leaning on looks just weird to me. 

It needs wrinkles...if my wrist bends like that there are wrinkles there. 

Love the thread...is it only for Daz figures? All my recent male renders are of Dusk.

edited January 2016
    barbult said:
    L'Adair said:
    barbult said:
    L'Adair said:
    barbult said:

laugh

Well, Rats! I went back to the thread and now it isn't working anymore. Do you have any idea why it would have been working earlier and now it doesn't????? I guess I need that tutorial! I must have done something wrong.

Edit: I think maybe I got it fixed. Fingers crossed!

Edit: NO! It keeps working and then a few minutes later is doesn't work anymore. I think the forum software is modifying something behind the scenes, because I get the resizing message. If I click the resizing message it goes to the gallery, but if I click the image it just enlarges the image in place, not in the gallery.

Post edited by barbult on
    barbult said:
    barbult said:
    L'Adair said:
    barbult said:
    L'Adair said:
    barbult said:

laugh

Edit: I think maybe I got it fixed. Fingers crossed!

Edit: NO! It keeps working and then a few minutes later is doesn't work anymore. I think the forum software is modifying something behind the scenes, because I get the resizing message. If I click the resizing message it goes to the gallery, but if I click the image it just enlarges the image in place, not in the gallery.

That's an annoying issue with the forum software. When it happens to me, I refresh the page and everything seems to work after that. I did follow the link, and the image in that comment did link to the gallery page.

Pendraia said:

Love the thread...is it only for Daz figures? All my recent male renders are of Dusk.

No. Any male figure can be used. Even female figures modified to be male are fine. And it doesn't matter what program the images are rendered in, either. If you render the image in another program, it would be helpful to know which one.

You can just post the image, or you can include as much detail as you want: how you overcame a particularly issue; what female items were repurposed; what items were used in the image, linked to or not; what postwork; etc. And it doesn't have to be just males in the image, though the males should have at least as much importance to the subject of the image.

We look forward to seeing your work.

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,664
    edited January 2016

I do not have any Morphs or such so I am limited to what way I can show off the sexy Micheal 4 I got as a freebie from daz store.....that being said here is my render I used in the freebie contest for Jan 2016 The Day After.

The Day After The Party 2.jpg
    800 x 494 - 73K
    Post edited by Saphirewild on
    edited January 2016

Here is another of Micheal having a great conversation with Olaf the friendly snowman :D

Winter Wonderland Final.jpg
    800 x 592 - 138K
    edited January 2016

I just have to show this render off!!! It is an unknown rider(I call him Mark) riding through an impending doom.....lol

Playtime fun.jpg
    800 x 800 - 181K
    edited January 2016

As you can see my content is very limited but I do seem to make it work for me :D

Here is another great render I just did tonight for the Because I said so challenge. It is not just a man but also his inner boy

I found the toy factory 3.jpg
    800 x 800 - 173K
  • Hiro ProtagonistHiro Protagonist Posts: 699
    edited February 2016

My version of G3M (based on FWSA Aiden) in the Dragon Queen outfit. His also wearing the pants from the G3F Mischief outfit and the fabulous new G3F Katherina hair.

Post edited by Hiro Protagonist on

My version of G3M (based on FWSA Aiden) in the Dragon Queen outfit. His also wearing the pants from the G3F Mischief outfit and the fabulous new G3F Katherina hair.

Very, very nice.
    yes

• Here are two new male renders of mine (first is M4, character Lucius from 3DSublime, second is M7, character Brayden from Leo Pro pack):

• L'Adair said:

Very, very nice.
    yes

Thanks you much L'Adair :) As you predicted he's a bit more serious than your version!

Oh, and you asked me to post my Dash render in this thread, too, so I shall just leave this here:

• My version of G3M (based on FWSA Aiden) in the Dragon Queen outfit. His also wearing the pants from the G3F Mischief outfit and the fabulous new G3F Katherina hair.

Awesome =)

L'Adair said:

Very, very nice.
    yes

Thanks you much L'Adair :) As you predicted he's a bit more serious than your version!

Oh, and you asked me to post my Dash render in this thread, too, so I shall just leave this here:

Thank you. Dash is just plain gorgeous!

• j cadej cade Posts: 2,310
    edited February 2016

So I find the Gen3 dudes, much easier to pretty up than any of the previous generations, which is good, I like lean men and grumpy women.

Also I think these eyes can oficially be described as "limpid"

Post edited by Chohole on
  • dracorn said:

Here's a reboot of a previous character I created.  I wanted to add Alfred's brows to make them red, but I needed skin without eyebrows to do it. 

Keeps getting better =) I forgot to ask the first time, is it a Dunmer or some other 'svartálfar' type? Not a drow, judging by hair colour, correct?

• j cade said:

So I find the Gen3 dudes, much easier to pretty up than any of the previous generations, which is good, I like lean men and grumpy women.

Also I think these eyes can oficially be described as "limpid"

I have to say I don't think I've seen eyes as "limpid" as that in a 3D render. It also shows how important the "tear" part of the eye is—it's the lack of that moisture that lets many a render down. Great demonstration of what can be done.

• My version of G3M (based on FWSA Aiden) in the Dragon Queen outfit. His also wearing the pants from the G3F Mischief outfit and the fabulous new G3F Katherina hair.

Awesome =)

Thank you very much!

• evilded777evilded777 Posts: 2,462

• Very nice renders up there, everyone.  Nice job with Dash, too.  I have him, but haven't had a chance to work with him yet.  He is on my ToDo list, though, because he the whole reason I bought the M7 bundle.  Not a real fan of the new Michael, but I really liked how Dash looked.  We'll see if I can do even half as well when I manage to get to him.  That skin tone is tough to do, but you did it really well!

edited February 2016
    dracorn said:

Keeps getting better =) I forgot to ask the first time, is it a Dunmer or some other 'svartálfar' type? Not a drow, judging by hair colour, correct?

None of the above! It's a race I created, not an elf at all, nor an orc. The Krell are a race of frenzied warriors for a book I am in the process of finding a publisher for, and am using DAZ Studio to illustrate. This particular character is 6'7" and is perfectly happy to take your head off.
    Post edited by dracorn on
  • ButchButch Posts: 798

Whilst my real flatmate's in the kitchen cleaning cupboards, my imaginary flatmate's in the kitchen cleaning his fingers.

Leo7, Fraser Hair, freebie Optitex dynamic apron and no idea where I got the rest from.

• I like this, Butch.  I'm thinking I might have to add aprons specifically for males, though, on my list of clothing to try and make.  I'm thinking of something similar to this without the darts and maybe a kitchy phrase like, "Kiss the Cook" or "Grill Master".  I love the expression as he is about to taste the stuff on his fingers!

• ButchButch Posts: 798

Ta, Knittingmommy.  Aprons certainly are useful, in a number of situations.  Although I don't have it, "short order cook" looks to have a decent apron.  50's carhop apron's a little short for the daz gallery surprise

This discussion has been closed.