Michael and Friends Appreciation Association [Lots of images, please.]

Comments

• Kev914Kev914 Posts: 1,108
    edited February 2016
    Butch said:

Nice ones Hiro & KevinH (armpit hair would have been a nice touch, though wink

Thanks, Butch. I never even thought of that...but you are right!

Love your picture of Mike in the space suit. Love the lighting and the angle you chose to render.

Here'smy new picture...it's of Dusty for Genesis 2:

Dusty Kneeling.png
    556 x 720 - 363K
    Post edited by Kev914 on
  • WIP.

It's not something you can "just get over!"

get over it.jpg
    2000 x 2000 - 2M
  • LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,861

WIP.

It's not something you can "just get over!"

Woha are those razors lying on the floor? get the guy to a good therapist! Nice work on showing a body that has aged.

• Thanks @Linwelly. Was going for a worn out, tired, aged look for his skin. Still want to give it some atmosphere and maybe make the walls and floor look more like they haven't been tended to for years. And, yes, those are razor blades on the floor. This is a guy that's been to therapy and been on meds for years. Someone who has been forgotten about by his family and friends, because of the stigma that's associated with mental illness.

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479

I had birthday this past week, (turned another year older than dirt,) and I gave myself a present... Ragnar. (Actually, thanks to the great sale, I got Gianni 7 and Dragon 3 at the same time. Happy B-day to me!)

Anyway, I tossed together a simple portrait of Ragnar. This bad boy is gorgeous! Thank you, GypsyAngel!

Ragnar, by L'Adair

• Oh, that is nice!  You did a great job!  I couldn't resist him either and also got Gianni 7 at the same time.  I haven't rendered him yet as I'm still playing with setting up a shot, but soon!

• genarisgenaris Posts: 313

Well, HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you, L'Adair!    And may I say, you gave yourself a hot present. blush    I'm thinking I might throw him in my cart too since, uh, hot, and also, sale. 

Nice portrait you did of him (Ragnar) here - I like the tilt to his head and the way his eyes meet the viewer.  

-Gen

• This is my latest male render "Morning Prayer", using an elf character I created quite a while ago. It's G2M with the "Colin" textures but the shape I've built up myself. I used V3Digitimes' Smart Iray Converter on the skin. Rendered in Iray with IBL (environment) light only, which has a single "donut" light.

Took about 10 minutes to render.

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    L'Adair said:
    Pendraia said:

Love the thread...is it only for Daz figures? All my recent male renders are of Dusk.

No. Any male figure can be used. Even female figures modified to be male are fine. And it doesn't matter what program the images are rendered in, either. If you render the image in another program, it would be helpful to know which one.

You can just post the image, or you can include as much detail as you want: how you overcame a particularly issue; what female items were repurposed; what items were used in the image, linked to or not; what postwork; etc. And it doesn't have to be just males in the image, though the males should have at least as much importance to the subject of the image.

We look forward to seeing your work.

Well in that case here is Dusk using Iray...the floor is actually part of the whiteroom by 3DUniverse that came with Alexis. No changing to the shaders for it just what happened. 

VW Brothers skin by Virtual world...

Reflections-of-Dusk.jpg
    1600 x 1000 - 132K
    edited February 2016

I did this one of Ragnar. I tried to get rid of the shadow under his neck, but I coudn't figure out how to do it.

Ragnar.png
    556 x 720 - 734K
    Post edited by Kev914 on

Love all the renders by the way...

@L'Adair , really like your image of Ragnar...looked at getting it but was put off by having to buy Gianni first as I don't already have it. Wishlisted for now...

Here's Dusk in Iray, It's his asian morph with 25% of Faery Lights Takeo morph dialed in.

Takeo 25percent with asian 100 .png
    600 x 848 - 807K

So Dusk is a female, Pendraia? Your picture came out nice. I like the floor and how it is reflective. If Dusk is a female, I never would have guessed. But I am inferring that from what you quoted.

Thanks...the floor was a happy accident as I forgot to remove it when I switched to Iray but I like the way it came out. No Dusk is the male figure from HiveWire...I quoted the whole quote and should have removed some to make it clearer. This was the part that I was responding to No. Any male figure can be used. 

• ButchButch Posts: 798
    KevinH said:

I did this one of Ragnar. I tried to get rid of the shadow under his neck, but I coudn't figure out how to do it.

The shadow should stay under his neck, maybe not so "hard".  Someone may be able to confirm if this is possible in iray, but in Octane, I can increase the sun size which, in turn, softens the shadows.  You could also try adding a light source or reflector from below, to lessen the shadows from the sun. 

• ButchButch Posts: 798

GPU fans suddenly started going haywire, whilst this was rendering.  That's when I realised the air temp was 39c and I hadn't switched the aircon on. 

Anyway, here's M7 with a dynamic cloth unceremoniously plopped on his head.  Cloth uses an Octane Render mesh shader.  Single light source from below, using a stained glass gobo.  This is actually a test render for something I want to try.  If it works and looks reasonable, I'll post it.  Otherwise, you'll be forever wondering "what was Butch going to post?"

Oh, and happy belated birthday L'Adair. 

@Hiro Protagonist Morning Prayer yes 

I slapped this render together, almost literally, to show the Ragnar materials on a G3M figure other than Gianni 7, in response to a question in the Gianni 7 thread.

Leo Ragnar, by L'Adair

Thank you Knittingmommy, Genaris, and Pendraia. I'm glad you liked my first render of Ragnar. I can guarantee it won't be the last!

Thanks for the birthday wishes, Genaris and Butch, though I'm at the age to pretend birthdays don't happen anymore. Unless I can use it to rationalize... er, justify... spending money I shouldn't! lol

Pendraia, you make Dusk look really good. Thank you for sharing him here.

Hiro, I saw your "Morning Prayer" in the galleries before I saw it here and "liked" it immediately. Very nice.

KevinH, your image of Ragnar looks good. The shadows are strong, but in the real world a single source light that strong does produce strong shadows. A lower luminance on the main light and soft ambient light can help reduce that. And if you're using a spotlight, you can set the geometry to disc, and then set the height and width to larger values to get a softer shadow. It's a starting point, anyway.

Butch, what intriguing imagery. It looks so much like a veil, one expects to see a woman's face. I like it, a lot.

Thanks L'Adair  and Happy Birthday!

Thanks for the tips and the insite. I will experiment with some the things you mention L'Adair. There are a lot of good images here. And Butch, your new image looks good and very intreging. I haven't done anything with cloth like that. Except I did a tutorial in blender where I draped a cloth over a coffe cup. Until then I didn't even know you could do anything like that.

• Happy Valentine's Day everyone! And L'Adair, happy birthday!

Here's my take on Gianni and Valentine's Day:

KevinH said:

Except I did a tutorial in blender where I draped a cloth over a coffe cup. Until then I didn't even know you could do anything like that.

That sounds like one of the few tutorials that I did with Blender...it's a high powered program but it makes my brain melt.

Lovely image Chanteur-de-Vent, I wasn't going to get Gianni but seeing L'Adairs Ragnar images and your image I'm rethinking it. Pity the exchange rate is so poor at the moment.

Interesting image Butch...sorry I missed commenting on it earlier my brain has been fuzzy as I've been sick all last week.

• Happy birthday L'Adair =) 

Pendraia said:

Thanks L'Adair  and Happy Birthday!

Happy birthday L'Adair =) 

Thank you both. laugh

• Belated, HB, L'Adair.  Mine is coming up next month so I understand the philosophy of not celebrating, but using it as an excuse to treat yourself.  wink

Belated, HB, L'Adair.  Mine is coming up next month so I understand the philosophy of not celebrating, but using it as an excuse to treat yourself.  wink

Thank you.

And you will have a very good treat, too... next month is March Madness!

• smiley Hi folks! 

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,929
    Hey, I had a birthday last week, too! Spent it being ill. Almost better for Valentine's day. Ugh
    Hey, I had a birthday last week, too! Spent it being ill. Almost better for Valentine's day. Ugh

Well... belated birthday wishes... for a healthy rest of the year! There's never a good time get sick, but holidays and birthdays are the worst! Glad to hear you're feeling better, if not quite 100 percent.

smiley Hi folks! 

Oh, boy. You make Gianni 7 look good! Really, really, good.

• mal3Imagerymal3Imagery Posts: 711
    edited February 2016

Sorry to join the party late!  Happy V day :p

Post edited by Chohole on
This discussion has been closed.