Michael and Friends Appreciation Association [Lots of images, please.]

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

He needs some cats queuing up to have their taste as well.

• Butch said:

Ta, Knittingmommy.  Aprons certainly are useful, in a number of situations.  Although I don't have it, "short order cook" looks to have a decent apron.  50's carhop apron's a little short for the daz gallery surprise

I do have short order cook.  Maybe I'll take load the templates up and do a couple of textures for it.  I was thinking a shorter apron would be perfect, but, yeah, that '50s apron might be a little too short. laugh

• Kev914Kev914 Posts: 1,108

Well, I think this one came out pretty good. But I know I am an amatuer compared to y'all!

• Kev914Kev914 Posts: 1,108
    edited February 2016

Don't know why it didn't work the first time. But I guess I can't add it to my original post.

Michael 7 Special Z UL.png
    773 x 1000 - 1M
    Post edited by Kev914 on
  • j cade said:

So I find the Gen3 dudes, much easier to pretty up than any of the previous generations, which is good, I like lean men and grumpy women.

Also I think these eyes can oficially be described as "limpid"

Wow, the eyes are especially great here indeed. It's not just the tear but the way the light bounces off the iris. Did you use caustics for the cornea, or just some clever specular settings on the iris?

• dracorn said:

None of the above! It's a race I created, not an elf at all, nor an orc. The Krell are a race of frenzied warriors for a book I am in the process of finding a publisher for, and am using DAZ Studio to illustrate. This particular character is 6'7" and is perfectly happy to take your head off.

Interesting, thanks for sharing! ...and I hope those Krell dudes have better nerve conduction than humans, otherwise a guy this tall can be outmaneuvered and eventually defeated by a smaller faster fighter =)

• gerterasmusgerterasmus Posts: 287
    edited February 2016
    Post edited by gerterasmus on
  • Lovely playful mood here, and great colours and use of DoF!

• I commented on the gallery page, but I'll here that I really like this.  I really like what you manage to do with skin.  Even following your previous descriptions, I haven't managed to get quite that look yet.  I keep trying, though. smiley

•  

I commented on the gallery page, but I'll here that I really like this.  I really like what you manage to do with skin.  Even following your previous descriptions, I haven't managed to get quite that look yet.  I keep trying, though. smiley

Honestly, I have NO idea what I do lately with the skin. It's basically just seeing what happens when I change things.

• gerterasmusgerterasmus Posts: 287
    edited February 2016

@Knittingmommy, See if you can make any sense of this.

Post edited by gerterasmus on
  • @Knittingmommy, See if you can make any sense of this.

Was there supposed to be an attachment?  Because all I have is the word Attachments showing.

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,852
    edited February 2016

Trying this one more time, just for the heck of it.

I don't generally do portraits, so I decided to get in some practice, sort of. Need to tweak the texture around his eyes a bit, I think.

Clicking the image should take you to the dA web page. Theoretically. It's probably going to open the image directly; if that happens and you want to see the web page, you need to click the wee tiny not-quite-invisible link beneath the image.

Ahmet

Post edited by vwrangler on
  • 3Ddreamer3Ddreamer Posts: 1,296
    edited February 2016

Some fun with Gianni smiley

Gianni 7 rose.png
    1019 x 908 - 1M
    Post edited by Chohole on
  • L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    3Ddreamer said:

Now that image makes me want to buy the figure! And begs the question, two actually, of what trousers and hair are you using?

• SorelSorel Posts: 1,390
    edited February 2016
    3Ddreamer said:

Take me :Q

Post edited by Chohole on
  • 3Ddreamer3Ddreamer Posts: 1,296

LOL Thanks. I am liking Gianni 7, I like Gianni 6 too - except for his thighs, and I am looking forward to Ragnar for Gianni.

Trousers are from Casual Winter, I like the modelling of the folds, the Hair is Ades by SAV at 'the other place' laugh SAV went on sale a week ago and that hair went straight from my wishlist into my content.

• It's been a while since I did a science fiction render, so here's a bit of post-apoc renegade/bounty hunter/Mad Max/Fallout type of thing.

All done in Studio 4.9/Iray—well not all, I fitted the choker thing in Blender as autofit turned it to custard and I fixed some tiny fitting distortions in Photoshop.

The Adventure Girl outfit for G3F worked pretty well when fitted to G3M (apart from the choker). There is a bit of an issue with crumpling around the crotch, when fitted to a man, which is to be expected, but not too noticeable.

• Very nice render.  Although, I do have to say, "Ouch!" Gotta watch out for that barbed wire!  He looks very nice, though.  You did an excellent job!

• Very nice render.  Although, I do have to say, "Ouch!" Gotta watch out for that barbed wire!  He looks very nice, though.  You did an excellent job!

Thanks very much! Yes I thought about that—I decided it's actually made out of rubber...

I did a lot of morph dialling on the face and I'm starting to think he looks a bit like a younger Daniel Craig (as James Bond, of course).

• ButchButch Posts: 798

Nice ones Hiro & KevinH (armpit hair would have been a nice touch, though wink

As for Gianni7?  I don't like him at all - there's just something about him that irritates me.  So, here's a simple Michael 7 in his spacesuit, with Dreamlights hdri stars and Octane plastic and (modified) rubber shaders.  As there's no light in the helmet, I added a tiny plane converted to light. 

Very nice render.  Although, I do have to say, "Ouch!" Gotta watch out for that barbed wire!  He looks very nice, though.  You did an excellent job!

I think I'd be more worried about that nipple ring getting pulled out in a fight, but the barbed wire would be problematic if it's real.

Gorgeous render, though.

Butch said:

So, here's a simple Michael 7 in his spacesuit, with Dreamlights hdri stars and Octane plastic and (modified) rubber shaders.  As there's no light in the helmet, I added a tiny plane converted to light.

This looks really nice. The light in the helmet really makes the image, imo.
    yes yes

• Butch said:

So, here's a simple Michael 7 in his spacesuit, with Dreamlights hdri stars and Octane plastic and (modified) rubber shaders.  As there's no light in the helmet, I added a tiny plane converted to light

What a gorgeous scene! Does the HDR come with the round bokeh "built-in", or is there a way to change bokeh shape?

• ButchButch Posts: 798

Does the HDR come with the round bokeh "built-in", or is there a way to change bokeh shape?

Thanks L'Adair and Mustakettu85. 

Well, I've just learnt something new enlightened  I'd heard of "bokeh" before, but never bothered finding out what it was (it's my apathy) and I've just googled it. 

It's purely depth of field from the lens - I focused on the head at f11 and added a bit of bloom and glare in the render.  The hdri is a mass of white "spots" of various sizes.   I've never investigated changing the shapes, but you've now piqued my curiosity (I used Octane Render, not Iray or 3DL) and will need to see what I can find.  Hope this helps. 

• Bokeh shape is a fun control. In 3Delight (with DS, via "scripted rendering" only) you can change the shape into an n-gon. Some other renderers support arbitrary custom shapes in the form of textures. I don't know if it's supported natively in Octane, LuxRender or Iray for that matter, but some people in the C4D community used a creative trick... could be worth looking into: https://render.otoy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=87&t=45617

• Butch said:

Nice ones Hiro & KevinH (armpit hair would have been a nice touch, though wink

As for Gianni7?  I don't like him at all - there's just something about him that irritates me.  So, here's a simple Michael 7 in his spacesuit, with Dreamlights hdri stars and Octane plastic and (modified) rubber shaders.  As there's no light in the helmet, I added a tiny plane converted to light. 

Thanks very much! The helmet light works amazingly well—I'd never have guessed it was custom mod.

I'm having a bit of a struggle with Gianni 7, too. As you say, it's hard to put your finger on. Needs more investigation though, and I'm determined to make him work.

• Hiro ProtagonistHiro Protagonist Posts: 699
    edited February 2016
    L'Adair said:

Very nice render.  Although, I do have to say, "Ouch!" Gotta watch out for that barbed wire!  He looks very nice, though.  You did an excellent job!

I think I'd be more worried about that nipple ring getting pulled out in a fight, but the barbed wire would be problematic if it's real.

Gorgeous render, though.

Thanks L'Adair! Oh, the ring is just a clip on—like a policeman's tie wink

Post edited by Hiro Protagonist on
  • @Butch - I already posted on your gallery as I saw the image there first, but I'll say here that you did good!  Really nice image that hits all the hot topics: lighting, composition, emotion, etc.  Really nice.

@JackReason - Nice render with the teddy bear.  I like your posing and you did a really nice job on the skin.  Nice image!

This discussion has been closed.