Michael 7 / G3M

Comments

• reserv888reserv888 Posts: 1,136
    JennK said:

Even with the extra discount I should be getting I am not sure I will buy him He looks way to feminine to me. The only saving grace are the two extra characters in the bundle. So very disappointed in this one. I am going to hold off until I see more renders. frown

Totally agree! I was inclined to buy everything when M7 was released but this character doesn't work at all for me. Too young (looks like a teen). Too girly. Very disappointed. I'll wait and see if anyone makes renders that shows a useful version of M7.

• RogerbeeRogerbee Posts: 4,460

Ah well, order is restored and everything we need is out now. I'm looking forward to working with G3M/M7. Here's hoping we see some real innovation when it comes to textures and shaders now.

CHEERS!

• lx_2807502lx_2807502 Posts: 2,996
    reserv888 said:
    JennK said:

Even with the extra discount I should be getting I am not sure I will buy him He looks way to feminine to me. The only saving grace are the two extra characters in the bundle. So very disappointed in this one. I am going to hold off until I see more renders. frown

Totally agree! I was inclined to buy everything when M7 was released but this character doesn't work at all for me. Too young (looks like a teen). Too girly. Very disappointed. I'll wait and see if anyone makes renders that shows a useful version of M7.

This is your idea of a girly teen?!

Also, thanks for the morph packs, but it would have been nice if you'd released them at the same time as the rest, not snuck them in a few hours later so that we have to pay our banks even more for converting to the agonising exchange rates >.>

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,631
    lx said:
    reserv888 said:
    JennK said:

Also, thanks for the morph packs, but it would have been nice if you'd released them at the same time as the rest, not snuck them in a few hours later so that we have to pay our banks even more for converting to the agonising exchange rates >.>

Haha, yeah, no, he's just a teensy bit less of a squinty cowboy than M6. 

Men men men!!  I bought all the things, but especially Darrin.  Wow that's a lovely skin.

• OK.  Looks like the discount issue is fixed for the early adopters of Scott 6.  The price for the M7 PRO bundle is showing in my cart at $33.06 and I am tossing in the morph packs and expression pack to purchase as well. 

Thank you to the people at DAZ who worked this out for us!

Also, thank you very much to all the content creators who worked to create everything in the bundle. There is always a dearth of male clothing so the really nice offerings in this pack are very appreciated.

• Victoria got her gift early this year! Spent my birthday money! Thank you, DAZ! 

• reserv888reserv888 Posts: 1,136
    lx said:
    reserv888 said:
    JennK said:

Yepp, the promo's version of M7 looks like a typical bystander, or the character who gets killed in the beginning of the movie. ;-) Can't see him as neither the hero nor the villain.
    In all honesty, your version looks better. More like that and I might change my mind.

• CypherFOXCypherFOX Posts: 3,401
    edited November 2015

Greetings,

Woohoo!  Prices all fixed...  First round is the basic M7+G3M stuff.  Then, at some point, I pretty desperately need to pick up Darrin, G3M Expressions, Just Josh (love those!), and the M7 Intimates.  But that's going to take negotiations... ;)

--  Morgan

Post edited by CypherFOX on
  • Dang it,

I bought mine before they fixed the prices so didn't get the extra discount. It's off to support for me I guess!

• TimbalesTimbales Posts: 2,302
    edited November 2015

I do think he's better looking out of the box than M6, for sure

edit: image removed, apparently I violated TOS for showing a bare hip

Post edited by Timbales on
  • lx_2807502lx_2807502 Posts: 2,996
    reserv888 said:
    lx said:
    reserv888 said:
    JennK said:

Yepp, the promo's version of M7 looks like a typical bystander, or the character who gets killed in the beginning of the movie. ;-) Can't see him as neither the hero nor the villain.
    In all honesty, your version looks better. More like that and I might change my mind.

Oh, yeah, I totally agree with that. The promos had me wondering if I really wanted to buy him too, but I decided to just because I wanted a proper base G3M. Fortunately he looks a lot better in Studio (the render I posted was default Iray mats no morphs added.)

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,869
    Adrean said:

. Well it's not right because it's showing $66 plus change for the pro bundle and I bought the scott bundle when it first came out so I qualify for the 50%.

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,157
    Timbales said:

His nipple and areola placement is superbly done.  Such an improvement over the G2M's default where it was up way to high and over to the middle of the chest.  Thought that looked really weird.  Iv'e seen guys like that in rl but not many! 

RAMWolff said:
    Timbales said:
    His nipple and areola placement is superbly done.  Such an improvement over the G2M's default where it was up way to high and over to the middle of the chest.  Thought that looked really weird.  Iv'e seen guys like that in rl but not many! 

agreed, the chest is a big improvement

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,582

I like the fact that he doesn't have that weird bony brow ridge like m6 had and thin head. It was tough to scrub out. Plus his brows aren't so high and arching. I'd rather he be more of a generic guy so I can customize him than for him to be so distinctive his features are on every morph made that come with him.

I do see a popup that they adjusted my account with credit for buying m7 wtith scott.. But do not see corresponding adjustment.

• SorelSorel Posts: 1,390

I like the fact that he doesn't have that weird bony brow ridge like m6 had and thin head. It was tough to scrub out. Plus his brows aren't so high and arching. I'd rather he be more of a generic guy so I can customize him than for him to be so distinctive his features are on every morph made that come with him.

I do see a popup that they adjusted my account with credit for buying m7 wtith scott.. But do not see corresponding adjustment.

I have this too. I'm guess we should give it some time while the store does it's thing.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,582
    Timbales said:

Nice! I like it. =-)

edited November 2015
    Toyen said:

Here is my first render!

Show me your renders guys! Make' em rain! 

(image removed for nudity)

I love him! He bends much better than G2M! Now it is time to even the numbers and add 5 more males : ))

I don't like his armpits/ where arms attach to shoulders. That looks like he is in SERIOUS need of the fix-the-bends products. It really looks like a HUGE step backward from even Genesis!  I noticed it in the promos too- the muscle tone is rubbery, deflated,  and loosey-goosey- that arm on our left is awful in my opinion. It shouldn't be dimpling IN in that top section, I'm sitting here looking at my arm in a bent position (no, not holding my crotch lol but bent forward) and my arm has a nice rounded curve OUT. But both arms are weird where they connect to the body IMO. (Beautiful render though!) 

EDIT: You can easily see it when comparing to Chris Evans. M7 has a ridge coming up (it's the vertical line created by his side and inside edge of his arm on our left) then the skin to the left of that line rises up but then sinks into a rubbery dimpled hollow. Yuck. It's where the arm connects to the body that bothers me personally.

m7chest.jpg
    1500 x 529 - 70K
    Post edited by Cris Palomino on
  • Yes, now I am seeing the additional discount as well. Thank you to whoever for getting this sorted out and honoring the promise to honor the original sales text.

Timbales said:

Nice! I like it. =-)

thank you :)

• Daikatana said:

Has there been an official word on the discount for the pre-wording change Scott Pro purchasers?

nothing yet that I am aware of.  I even put in a ticket on the issue and have not even received the usual email acknowledgement on THAT.  The store glitch on the prices of the head and body morphs have been corrected.  Why not this ???

The correct discount for the group who purchased Scott 6 Pro Bundle back in August and were offered a deeper discount in error has been set up (honored) and is available for those who qualify (were offered). If anyone from that group has already purchased Michael 7 or any of his bundles, a refund of store credit will be issued today.

• Daikatana said:

Has there been an official word on the discount for the pre-wording change Scott Pro purchasers?

nothing yet that I am aware of.  I even put in a ticket on the issue and have not even received the usual email acknowledgement on THAT.  The store glitch on the prices of the head and body morphs have been corrected.  Why not this ???

The correct discount for the group who purchased Scott 6 Pro Bundle back in August and were offered a deeper discount in error has been set up (honored) and is available for those who qualify (were offered). If anyone from that group has already purchased Michael 7 or any of his bundles, a refund of store credit will be issued today.

Thank you so much for honoring this.  I am very appreciative that DAZ3D would honor this discount.  Purchases have been made and I am a happy customer.  I never did receive an email response to the ticket I sent so I guess it is buried in the deluge.  Is there a way to cancel it?

• Daikatana said:

That's great news! I opened a support ticket and asked for that exact thing which I'll use on the morphs!

• Novica said:
    Toyen said:

Here is my first render!

Show me your renders guys! Make' em rain! 

I love him! He bends much better than G2M! Now it is time to even the numbers and add 5 more males : ))

I don't like his armpits/ where arms attach to shoulders. That looks like he is in SERIOUS need of the fix-the-bends products. It really looks like a HUGE step backward from even Genesis!  I noticed it in the promos too- the muscle tone is rubbery, deflated,  and loosey-goosey- that arm on our left is awful in my opinion. It shouldn't be dimpling IN in that top section, I'm sitting here looking at my arm in a bent position (no, not holding my crotch lol but bent forward) and my arm has a nice rounded curve OUT. But both arms are weird where they connect to the body IMO. (Beautiful render though!) 

EDIT: You can easily see it when comparing to Chris Evans. M7 has a ridge coming up (it's the vertical line created by his side and inside edge of his arm on our left) then the skin to the left of that line rises up but then sinks into a rubbery dimpled hollow. Yuck. It's where the arm connects to the body that bothers me personally.

Looking at those pictures, they are two different poses. One change in the way a body stands or leans does change the way the rest of the body is positioned.  Sometimes its a subtle change sometimes not so subtle.  Also different lighting.  Lighting angles can cause things to look "wonky" when they are not.  Although, when I try to mimic the pose myself the arm that is across the chest seems to have the shoulder farther "forward" than it needs to be?

LOL, I filed a ticket and seriously, less than 15 seconds later the blue banner appeared. I was like, "Why, thank you!" Although it says it has been applied to my account, it hasn't yet. I'm not canceling my ticket until I actually see the refund, and I would recommend that others wait and do likewise. It should be a difference of $14.18 if you paid $47.24 for the M7 Pro Bundles (as it should have been $33.06 for the early buyers of Scott Bundle) 

• Has there been an official word on the discount for the pre-wording change Scott Pro purchasers?

Not that I know of. But the Store Message (saying that the 50% replace the 30% for Scott owners) does definitely not correspond to an earlier message (before they changed the promo wording) saying that early buyers will get the 50% in addition. So I am still waiting for an update and price drop to get both the pro bundle and the morph packs.

It seems to work now.  Try it again.  You have to look at it in the cart.  Now I need to pick up a bunch of other stuff for him ;)

• Has there been an official word on the discount for the pre-wording change Scott Pro purchasers?

Not that I know of. But the Store Message (saying that the 50% replace the 30% for Scott owners) does definitely not correspond to an earlier message (before they changed the promo wording) saying that early buyers will get the 50% in addition. So I am still waiting for an update and price drop to get both the pro bundle and the morph packs.

It seems to work now.  Try it again.  You have to look at it in the cart.  Now I need to pick up a bunch of other stuff for him ;)

Yes it works.  I grabbed the pro bundle and the morphs and the emotions in the first round. 

• timsw6timsw6 Posts: 39

M7 (dialed in with a little FSWA Aiden) IMO looks a tiny bit like a teenage Justin Beiber. 

Screen Shot 2015-11-17 at 20.45.49.png
    378 x 355 - 206K
  • HeavyRayHeavyRay Posts: 173

Does anyone know what the threshold date for the 'extra' discount is?  Per my product library, I purchased Scott on 27 Aug, 2015 and thought I do so under the 50% additional discount; when I added the Pro Bundle to my cart, I'm still seeing $47.24....    ;-(     Ray

• evilded777evilded777 Posts: 2,462
    edited November 2015
    Daikatana said:

Yeah, um, really impressed with how this was handled. The fact that they caught the wording of the ad or responded to it quickly when it was pointed out and made a promise, that they have kept and rather smoothly. I didn't wait to buy the Pro Bundle, but I now have a nice little credit in my account which will cut the cost of the morphs roughly in half.  That's customer service.

I hear so many negatives and people fleeing or being shut out/banned or what have you.  Yet... I'm still here and I can complain with the best of them, when its warranted.  And a post I made here is still standing when another site called it a TOS violation (granted, that is being appealed).

And I'm more than happy to spend my money on M7 and Gensis 3 males instead of spending roughly 3 times that amount to upgrade a piece of software.

Post edited by evilded777 on