Michael 7 / G3M

Comments

• lx_2807502lx_2807502 Posts: 2,996

Maybe it's 50% off first, then 30 then 30 - would that account for it?

It was sitting in my DIM, along with an updated G3F. Click refresh or something?

*also note it's dated way back with 4.8 and the other essentials, i.e. ages ago, so it might be down the bottom if you have many items sitting there.

The notes for G3F said added a G3 Male clone, but I can't see anything for it in the program. Am I misunderstanding it?

-also sigh still no iray with G3 as default-

• AdreanAdrean Posts: 135
    Well, 134.95*0.5*0.7*0.7 should be be around $33.06 but currently it's $47.24 for me so I just need to know how the math works here in order to make a purchase.
    edited November 2015

134.95*0.5*0.7 = 47.24.

Looks like a 30% is still missing - or they don't stack? Maybe the 30% is meant to be upgraded to 50% if you have the Scott thing.

It's so weird having a base model with none of the extra morphs to adjust it.

Post edited by lx_2807502 on
  • namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,096
    Adrean said:

Just wondering how the discounts are applied. With the regular 30% off and the PC+ 30% off, it should be 134.95*0.4=53.98 or 134.95*0.7*0.7=66.13 around. Scott owners has another 50% discount so I'm quite confused as why the price is $47.24.

The original, slightly mis-worded Scott 6 offer was 50% off the initial (I think) price - which would be the $94.47, not the price with the additional PC+ discount, so $47.24 looks right. (It was supposed to be 50% off the list price)

• caravellecaravelle Posts: 2,409
    lx said:

It was sitting in my DIM, along with an updated G3F. Click refresh or something?

*also note it's dated way back with 4.8 and the other essentials, i.e. ages ago, so it might be down the bottom if you have many items sitting there.

The notes for G3F said added a G3 Male clone, but I can't see anything for it in the program. Am I misunderstanding it?

I still see nothing in my Product Library. I hope they don't make it available only via DIM.

caravelle said:
    lx said:

I still see nothing in my Product Library. I hope they don't make it available only via DIM.

Not sure if this link will work for you but

https://www.daz3d.com/downloader/customer/files#prod_21630

Go to Genesis 3 Essentials (don't search for male; the male part is INSIDE it.)

Thanks both of you. So it's like the 50% does not stack with either the PC+ 30% off or the regular 30% off. 

Anyway, time to fiddle with the new figure!

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,715
    Novica said:

WOW- now it's showing. $47.24 for the Pro Bundle. WOOT WOOT WOOT! (I did buy the qualifying item to get the discount way back when, and am PC plus. Does this match for the rest of you in that situation?)

Hmm, glad I didn't buy scott; an extra $15 discount for something I hate costing way more. :)

G3M looks decent. Will wait and see.

Kind of regretted getting Scott 6 too.

• caravellecaravelle Posts: 2,409
    lx said:
    caravelle said:

Not sure if this link will work for you but

https://www.daz3d.com/downloader/customer/files#prod_21630

Go to Genesis 3 Essentials (don't search for male; the male part is INSIDE it.)

Aaahh, thank you! It works! smiley

C'mon M7 and G3; off we go!

• M7 looks like Tom Brady :P

• G3M is the first new male figure release from DAZ that does nothing for me (due to various technical reason I won't get into now).

Clothing seems more detailed; if only they'd done that before. Autofit tends to make a mess of things, more so with detailed items.

• Did a quick side by side of G3M and M7 using their default 3Delight settings and basic UE2 lighting. It's probably just me, but I prefer the look of G3M. I'm not saying I'd return M7, but he's not what I was hoping for. Also, his 3Delight materials look a little dull compared to the G3M ones. Sort of makes it look like a human G3M looking at a Madame Tussauds figure of M7.

Genesis 3 Male and Michael 7

• Ghosty12Ghosty12 Posts: 2,008

Yeah I am of the well since I don't have any of the 7 series female characters I don't plan on getting M7 anytime soon.. I have not even gotten M6 so yeah no real rush as have more than enough content for what I need..

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

wow. M7's default 3delight skin looks.....not good.  

Did a quick side by side of G3M and M7 using their default 3Delight settings and basic UE2 lighting. It's probably just me, but I prefer the look of G3M. I'm not saying I'd return M7, but he's not what I was hoping for. Also, his 3Delight materials look a little dull compared to the G3M ones. Sort of makes it look like a human G3M looking at a Madame Tussauds figure of M7.

Genesis 3 Male and Michael 7

It might be because G3Ms mats are only for 3DL, whereas the M7 3DL is using textures that were designed for Iray? Or just that the default 3DL setup is off, I don't know. M6 and G3M appear to have the same artist, though, and while I don't see it listed I wouldn't be surprised if M7 did, too.

• RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,800
    edited November 2015

Well now... Dav-I mean, Michael 7 looks rather interesting, I'll admit.

Though, the Base Evo Morphs would have been nice to see first... >.>

Post edited by RCDeschene on
  • jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

that's what i was hoping for - G3Male body and head morphs. Seems strange not to bring them out on the release day.  

Well now... Dav-I mean, Michael 7 looks rather interesting, I'll admit.

Though, the Base Evo Morphs would have been nice to see first... >.>

• James_HJames_H Posts: 1,016

Looks like I'll be hanging back on this, as the discount doesn't seem overly generous for the bundle or individual items. Unless there's a PC+ discount somewhere.

• Havos said:

I'm guessing November but that is a long waitsad

Now that I recall, wasn't G2M & M6 released right around this time a couple years ago? G2F & V6 came out in July as G3F & V7 did, and Daz isn't against throwing-out new Icons twicein one month. So, who knows...

G2M was released in early November 2013, shortly after the PC sale had finished. Part of the so called "Mega Prize" that was up for grabs during the PC sale was a discount on M6.

Huh... For some reason I remembered it being October... O.o

November 19th.

It is out now :)

• lx said:

It might be because G3Ms mats are only for 3DL, whereas the M7 3DL is using textures that were designed for Iray?

That's exactly what I was thinking. I haven't tried it yet, but I'm sure G3M would look awful in Iray, too. On the plus side, you can always use the G3M skin on M7 for 3Delight purposes. It's not the ideal solution, but it looks a lot better than the M7 mats.

Mikenstein 7

• RogerbeeRogerbee Posts: 4,460

Michael 7 looks a bit more of an everyman than previous releases have been. It's also odd that there has been no big announcement of G3M with no pics or detail of what is in the essentials package. Be interesting to see what the Iray texture and shader settings will be for M7 and G3M.

CHEERS!

• DkgooseDkgoose Posts: 1,451

The math calculates if you do 50% off instead of the 30% intro discount,        134.95-50%-30%, here's a screenshot of the email.

image.jpeg
    640 x 900 - 151K
    image.jpeg
    597 x 919 - 118K
  • Hi

As many of you, I waited impatiently Micheal 7 

I have just seen the new male model and honestly I m very desapointed. The improvements between genesis 2 male et 3 are realy not remarquable. Rather than to show us this improvements, the promo pictures show us an insipid model on wich we can't see the real progress about complex male muscularity details and how this muscle structure works in mouvements.  
    Anyway I keep hope that DAZ3D will propose us a very HD nice model with genesis 3 technology.

• JUJUJUJU Posts: 1,123

I am surprised that the head and body morphs not hit the shop the same day as M7 / G3M....

Victoria 7 released the same day as the body and head morphs ....

lx said:

It might be because G3Ms mats are only for 3DL, whereas the M7 3DL is using textures that were designed for Iray?

That's exactly what I was thinking. I haven't tried it yet, but I'm sure G3M would look awful in Iray, too. On the plus side, you can always use the G3M skin on M7 for 3Delight purposes. It's not the ideal solution, but it looks a lot better than the M7 mats.

Mikenstein 7

That does look a lot better. 

There are no built in Iray settings for G3M (or F) so you're stuck with using the Iray Uber Base, but a few of the maps wind up in the wrong channels so it's basically a load of setup and G3M doesn't have any transluency maps anyway so it's probably not really worth bothering. Fortunately Dash and Aiden both come with full Iray setups with the G3M UVs so those are probably a better bet for G3M based Iray things.

Of course with no morph packs there's nothing much to do with any of them yet >.>

• Mr BowenMr Bowen Posts: 396
    edited November 2015

To me, his face kind of looks like Gianni mixed with Arabella with a touch of V7.

Also, Daz seems to be really fond of giving most characters deep clefts in the nose lately...why?

Post edited by Mr Bowen on
  • DkgooseDkgoose Posts: 1,451

Michael 7 kinda looks like Major from Izombie, and I think the morph packs were released later in the day when V7 was released

edited November 2015

This is going to sound really weird and it's entirely meant in an artistic way, but I really don't like that the circumcised option for the new genetalia is just an on/off option now rather than the old slider. Also since it seems to change the entire mesh ... you get uncircumcised HD or circumcised SD but not the others?

Post edited by lx_2807502 on
  • This discussion was created from comments split from: split to merge to newer M7 thread.