Michael 7 / G3M

Comments

• AllegraAllegra Posts: 405
    L'Adair said:
    Shanina said:

I love,love the new guy, using Aiden textures...now I've the morphs can't wait to try some more renders...congratulations to the artists for creating this wonderful model!

Very, very nice. Certainly not feminine looking in my book!

BTW, where is the beard from? And what hair are you using?

Thanks L'Adia and Sonja11, he is gorgeous and now with the morphs even more so or anything you want him to be....the beard is MEC4D the Dragon Rider for Genesis 2 and the hair is SAV Aram hair...by StudioArtValerian, it's for Gen 2 and takes a bit of fiddling;)  

• barbult said:

Sigh...

The Genital Bulge morph that comes with G3M body morphs is affecting the mouth, like some of the products for G3F did.

For heavens sake! noWhere are the testers? After all the G3F problems, you'd think they would at least check for mouth problems on all morphs now. Incorrectly made morphs sometimes affect the navel, too. You might want to see whether that bulge morphs has that problem, too.

Thanks for letting the rest of us know. I assume you've written a bug report??

Yeah, I submitted one right after I made the post.

I'm not sure it's the only morph that causes the problem yet, though. There may well be others.

• DkgooseDkgoose Posts: 1,451

Ahh ok, I definitely missed it lol, definitely buying though, I calculated about the right amount so I have enough store credit from my gift card to get him, and at least to me he resembles a character from my newest favorite show, so he's even more of an instant buy than he was already 

• JackFosterJackFoster Posts: 143
    edited November 2015

And here's the arm bending issue. With this, I have limits on, so I'm not bending to an extreme angle. It's especially bad with Bodybuilder + Stocky, but even on the default G3M it's noticeable.

Edit: I added a default M7 with a default M7 pose to show the issue isn't restricted to extreme bending or morphs.

Edit 2: Added default Genesis 2 Male besides default G3M in the exact same pose to highlight the issue further.

DefaultG3MArmBending.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 209K
    BodyBuilderArmBending.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 232K
    BodyBuilderStockArmBending.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 258K
    M7ArmBending.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 335K
    G2MandG3MArmBending.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 228K
    G2MandG3MwBBandStockArmBending.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 276K
    Post edited by JackFoster on
  • SloshSlosh Posts: 2,391

I actually really like m7. He's a vast improvement from Michael 6.

You are one of the people I was most curious to see the reaction to M7.  Knowing how you feel about M6, I expected some reaction, just wasn't sure what it would be.  

• mid render screenshot might have to play around change colours again on her outfit not sure of her tail seems to change colour in iray  compared to her skin tone in 3delight it's same though this is the Aidon character from M7 Pro including hair and clothes

temptationof aidon.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 444K
  • Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560
    edited November 2015
    Slosh said:

I actually really like m7. He's a vast improvement from Michael 6.

You are one of the people I was most curious to see the reaction to M7.  Knowing how you feel about M6, I expected some reaction, just wasn't sure what it would be.  

Yeah, I admit, I'm really happy with him.  smiley  He renders great out of the box, and he seems to not have the weird head and pecs that drove me batty with the previous generation. I'm glad to have a nice figure to use that no longer has the severe limitations that michael 6 had.. I also really like his base skin, and the characters and hair included in the pack. I know my wallet is drained but I feel happy to be able to play with something really fun... Thanks to all the PA's who made it happen!

Post edited by Serene Night on
  • And here's the arm bending issue. With this, I have limits on, so I'm not bending to an extreme angle. It's especially bad with Bodybuilder + Stocky, but even on the default G3M it's noticeable.

Edit: I added a default M7 with a default M7 pose to show the issue isn't restricted to extreme bending or morphs.

That is strange if the limits are on ?

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited November 2015

Novica said:

The Genital Bulge morph that comes with G3M body morphs is affecting the mouth, like some of the products for G3F did.

Wow, quality assurance doesn't seem to be on the ball at all. Same problem, wow.

And here's another example of the arm problem. Very apparent that the upper section where it connects to the next area with the biceps,  is distorted in proportions.  

The image is too burred to tell what you're talking about give us a close up !

Go look at the promo image. Not my render. But it's not blurred to the point where it's not glaringly obvious.

Edit- Midnight- sorry, not trying to be rude, that seemed rather short- but it doesn't need further effort or more of my time or effort,  to prove the point. It's SO obvious.

Post edited by Novica on
  • Novica said:

Novica said:

Wow, quality assurance doesn't seem to be on the ball at all. Same problem, wow.

And here's another example of the arm problem. Very apparent that the upper section where it connects to the next area with the biceps,  is distorted in proportions.  

Go look at the promo image. Not my render. But it's not blurred to the point where it's not glaringly obvious.

Edit- Midnight- sorry, not trying to be rude, that seemed rather short- but it doesn't need further effort or more of my time or effort,  to prove the point. It's SO obvious.

Sorry Novica, I feel like I'm looking for Wally, I'm staring at the promo and looking at real life reference images of similar poses and I can't for the life of me see what your talking about? Can you elaborate a little more?

• A little close up.No postwork.

mick7.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 819K
  • KhoryKhory Posts: 3,854

I like that image Lostboys. He reminds me of Kevin Duran.

• caravellecaravelle Posts: 2,335

M7 is a great figure; I like him much more than M5 and M6, but bugs like the teeth distortions and the arm bending issues should be fixed immediatly.

• Midnight_storiesMidnight_stories Posts: 4,112
    edited November 2015
    Novica said:

Novica said:

No that's all right I might of come into this halfway and not got what it was about !

Post edited by Midnight_stories on
  • Sigh...

There will be an update in DIM if it isn't there yet.

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945
    Daikatana said:

Has there been an official word on the discount for the pre-wording change Scott Pro purchasers?

nothing yet that I am aware of.  I even put in a ticket on the issue and have not even received the usual email acknowledgement on THAT.  The store glitch on the prices of the head and body morphs have been corrected.  Why not this ???

The correct discount for the group who purchased Scott 6 Pro Bundle back in August and were offered a deeper discount in error has been set up (honored) and is available for those who qualify (were offered). If anyone from that group has already purchased Michael 7 or any of his bundles, a refund of store credit will be issued today.

Many thanks for the store credit :)

In the meantime ...

G3M.jpg
    800 x 800 - 448K
  • NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

Folks, I'll try to render M7 and see if I get similar results with the arm stuff that I'm talking about. I've been rather ill all day and not up to snuff enough to render him and test the poses, (it's 4:42am and still up with bad sinus/respiratory infection, on steriods and bad storm coming in with lowering barometric pressure isnt helping. Tornado about 20 minutes from here less than 45 minutes ago)  I'm strictly going by the renders which have already been done, including the promo. If I can explain it, the second one which I circled in red has a bulging, bulging bicep section (all that section, not only the bicep) and the upper arm holding it isn't muscular enough to match that. Think of a tree limb where the section by the tree would be thinner instead of sturdier, and the tree is supposed to get thinner as it goes out, not bigger.

But I'll test it tomorrow and in particular, the poses. 

• caravellecaravelle Posts: 2,335

Sigh...

That's nice and quick. But only in DIM? Please provide an update for the manual download users, too.

• DarkSpartanDarkSpartan Posts: 1,096
    caravelle said:

Sigh...

That's nice and quick. But only in DIM? Please provide an update for the manual download users, too.

Once DIM is updated, the manual downloads should be as well, as I believe the two links lead to the same files.

• araneldonaraneldon Posts: 712
    edited November 2015

@Novica Looking at that promo the upper arm appears to be clipping into the torso. Can't say for sure without access to the figure and shape, but it's a typical problem with bulked up bodies and extreme (well not extreme, but you know what I mean) bends. Based on the other image posted earlier (thanks JackFoster) maybe G3M is worse in this regard than previous generations?

Would be interesting to see side by side comparisons of different generations in different poses and in bulky shapes. I'd do it if I had any reason to get G3M or M7.

Post edited by araneldon on
  • wowiewowie Posts: 2,029
    edited November 2015

Zero collars, arms bent backward and downward at limits. Again G3M.

G2M for comparison in the same silhoutte pose.

3.jpg
    1096 x 1094 - 176K
    4.jpg
    1096 x 1094 - 234K
    Post edited by Chohole on
  • nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714
    lx said:
    reserv888 said:
    JennK said:

Even with the extra discount I should be getting I am not sure I will buy him He looks way to feminine to me. The only saving grace are the two extra characters in the bundle. So very disappointed in this one. I am going to hold off until I see more renders. frown

Totally agree! I was inclined to buy everything when M7 was released but this character doesn't work at all for me. Too young (looks like a teen). Too girly. Very disappointed. I'll wait and see if anyone makes renders that shows a useful version of M7.

This is your idea of a girly teen?!

Also, thanks for the morph packs, but it would have been nice if you'd released them at the same time as the rest, not snuck them in a few hours later so that we have to pay our banks even more for converting to the agonising exchange rates >.>

One learns to wait; I have stuff sat in the basket for hours, and not that impressed with the bundles so not yet bought anything other than the morphs last night which work fine on G3M; not tried em yet though

• wowie said:

The one with base G3M Essentials.

I think the version question was with respect to DS.

• How is G3F in that area?

• Is Figure Metrics going to get updated for G3M?

• evilded777evilded777 Posts: 2,440
    Novica said:
    Toyen said:

Here is my first render!

Show me your renders guys! Make' em rain! 

(image removed for nudity)

I love him! He bends much better than G2M! Now it is time to even the numbers and add 5 more males : ))

I don't like his armpits/ where arms attach to shoulders. That looks like he is in SERIOUS need of the fix-the-bends products. It really looks like a HUGE step backward from even Genesis!  I noticed it in the promos too- the muscle tone is rubbery, deflated,  and loosey-goosey- that arm on our left is awful in my opinion. It shouldn't be dimpling IN in that top section, I'm sitting here looking at my arm in a bent position (no, not holding my crotch lol but bent forward) and my arm has a nice rounded curve OUT. But both arms are weird where they connect to the body IMO. (Beautiful render though!) 

EDIT: You can easily see it when comparing to Chris Evans. M7 has a ridge coming up (it's the vertical line created by his side and inside edge of his arm on our left) then the skin to the left of that line rises up but then sinks into a rubbery dimpled hollow. Yuck. It's where the arm connects to the body that bothers me personally.

Comparing anything or anyone to Chris Evans is unfair, that boy wow the PowerBall Grand Prize in the genetic lottery!

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,046
    edited November 2015

I see now. Well, If you look at wireframe, in those positions the arm is intersecting the torso area, hense the distortions. Now this can be fixed via jcm's but it could also break clothing fitting if you try and move the mesh from each other. Only suggestion is to pose the figure where mesh intersections is prevented as much as possible. What should be happening when the arms are in those positions, the torso and arm area should compress, but it's hard to mimic without self collision detection. I am experimenting on a bend control type project, so I'll make note of these irregularities, or inform Daz about it to see if the base can be updated or if it will break existing things.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • SorelSorel Posts: 1,390
    So do we just send daz a ticket about the joint bend issue?
  • Hanabi said:
    dkgoose said:

The math calculates if you do 50% off instead of the 30% intro discount,        134.95-50%-30%, here's a screenshot of the email.

That would be for the people who bought the Scott 6 bundle AFTER they changed the wording. Early birds who opted in before they did that should be getting an EXTRA 50% off. Extra, not instead.

The pro bundle should be $33.06 for those of us that got the message that they would honor the original ad wording. I'm not getting that price yet, but I know the office isn't open yet, so I'm going to be patient and wait for it to be fixed.

When did they change the wording?  I bought Scott 6 abased on the Daz newsletter stating the 50% off Michael 7, but didn't buy Scott 6 that first day.  My purchase of Scott 6 wasn't until Sun, August 30.  I had to think about it before buying him.  So, even though I expected the discount, I may not get it because they might have changed the wording on me and I didn't notice? I had even kept the newsletter to remind me.

• SorelSorel Posts: 1,390
    Ok, will do when I get off work