Michael 7 / G3M

Comments

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,869
    Novica said:

LOL, I filed a ticket and seriously, less than 15 seconds later the blue banner appeared. I was like, "Why, thank you!" Although it says it has been applied to my account, it hasn't yet. I'm not canceling my ticket until I actually see the refund, and I would recommend that others wait and do likewise. It should be a difference of $14.18 if you paid $47.24 for the M7 Pro Bundles (as it should have been $33.06 for the early buyers of Scott Bundle) 

EDIT: half an hour later, it's in the store credit. Thanks Daz!

• lx said:
    reserv888 said:
    JennK said:

Also, thanks for the morph packs, but it would have been nice if you'd released them at the same time as the rest, not snuck them in a few hours later so that we have to pay our banks even more for converting to the agonising exchange rates >.>

lx, this is why some people buy gift certificates, to avoid the constant exchange rates.  I didn't know that till a few said it.  Rather good idea.

• lx_2807502lx_2807502 Posts: 2,996
    lx said:
    reserv888 said:
    JennK said:

Also, thanks for the morph packs, but it would have been nice if you'd released them at the same time as the rest, not snuck them in a few hours later so that we have to pay our banks even more for converting to the agonising exchange rates >.>

lx, this is why some people buy gift certificates, to avoid the constant exchange rates.  I didn't know that till a few said it.  Rather good idea.

Oh, that's clever, I didn't think of that. I did see them during the initial sales recently and think "what would I ever want those for" only to later realise they're basically just store credit which is really, really useful (I'm quick, I know.)

Now if you could just keep the M4V4 80% sale going for a week so that I can get paid and correctly gift certificate up...

• JennKJennK Posts: 834
    edited November 2015
    Daikatana said:

Has there been an official word on the discount for the pre-wording change Scott Pro purchasers?

nothing yet that I am aware of.  I even put in a ticket on the issue and have not even received the usual email acknowledgement on THAT.  The store glitch on the prices of the head and body morphs have been corrected.  Why not this ???

The correct discount for the group who purchased Scott 6 Pro Bundle back in August and were offered a deeper discount in error has been set up (honored) and is available for those who qualify (were offered). If anyone from that group has already purchased Michael 7 or any of his bundles, a refund of store credit will be issued today

I am not see the additional Discount, I bought Scott 6 while the orginal banner was still up before the change.

Edit to add: Putting in a ticket as my product library has the date wrong on when I ordered him .

Post edited by JennK on
  • caravellecaravelle Posts: 2,409
    lx said:
    caravelle said:
    lx said:

Considering you're getting the base figure and the software for free, it seems perfectly reasonable to me for the morphs to be a separate paid product, considering just how much you can do with them- I'm just impatient and want them to be in the store now so I can start making characters~

It was meant as a joke; of course I also think that the morphs should be a paid product! I am willing to pay for it like I did with all Genesis morph packs, the more as I am aware that we are getting a lot for free from DAZ.

I figured you meant it as a joke but I have seen serious complaints about it very recently so I didn't want any of them the chance to jump in, sorry~

No problem. smiley I just grabbed the Morph packs; they must have shown up during the afternoon. This will be a long night...

• BanbhaBanbha Posts: 12

There is always one complaint when a new figure comes out. You only get the genitals when you buy the Pro Bundle. I don't want all the extra clothes/hair/poses, I just want the figure in its entirety and buy what outfits or poses I want on my own. Frankly, I don't care for half of the stuff in the Pro Bundle and I don't want to pay that type of hard earned money for stuff I will only have sitting around not being used. Also, I don't even see any morphs included in the Pro Bundle.

This would sell a lot more if you all bundle G3 Male or Female up with the figure and morphs/expressions together, along with their bits, and maybe a bathing suit or their basic clothes.

edited November 2015
    Banbha said:

There is always one complaint when a new figure comes out. You only get the genitals when you buy the Pro Bundle. I don't want all the extra clothes/hair/poses, I just want the figure in its entirety and buy what outfits or poses I want on my own. Frankly, I don't care for half of the stuff in the Pro Bundle and I don't want to pay that type of hard earned money for stuff I will only have sitting around not being used. Also, I don't even see any morphs included in the Pro Bundle.

This would sell a lot more if you all bundle G3 Male or Female up with the figure and morphs/expressions together, along with their bits, and maybe a bathing suit or their basic clothes.

The Pro Bundle comes with two sets of poses and a full set of dial expressions (something V7 didn't.) The standard morphs are attached to G3M and free for everyone, not just part of M7. The extra morphs are also for G3M, and are purchaseable separately, the same way you seem to be asking his manhood to be.

While duct tape genitals have their issues (and the G3M ones their own problems that'll probably never be addressed, sigh) it makes great sense to keep that as the highest price (because, hey, sex sells) and you only need to buy it once a generation anyway. It cuts the cost significantly for products overall and is still a great deal with the right timing and coupons. For what you can achieve using the things you buy for the price, it's really tough to complain that one pro pack a generation isn't worth it, if that's the thing you want. But I guess there really is always one.

Post edited by lx_2807502 on
  • evilded777evilded777 Posts: 2,462
    edited November 2015

Just playing.  FW's Aiden for Michael 7 with some tweaks.

aiden.jpg
    600 x 800 - 164K
    Post edited by evilded777 on
  • evilded777evilded777 Posts: 2,462

Anyone checked him out in 3Delight yet? Not too shabby (with a few tweak of course).

• Kev914Kev914 Posts: 1,108

Next there should be the hi resolution textures...

They were sold separately with M6.

At least I have the store credit for when they come out. I didn't know about it when I bought the morph packs.

• Kev914Kev914 Posts: 1,108

I didn't even have to click on the button to install via the DIM. I just opened the DIM and all the products were there waiting for me to put them in the queue.

(I started opening the DIM before I clicked on the button, because a few times it took a while before they showed up in the DIM. And I thought maybe I needed to have the DIM open when I clicked on the button.)

KevinH said:

At least I have the store credit for when they come out. I didn't know about it when I bought the morph packs.

Gen 3 character textures are already high res. The HD morph will probably be next.

• lx said:
    KevinH said:

Gen 3 character textures are already high res. The HD morph will probably be next.

that promo pic on the main page the one of him with the long hair may be an advanced view of the hd morph version probably week or two at most

• cosmo71cosmo71 Posts: 3,609

Well I have seen a lot in the shop for G3M but G3M itself?

• DecoyboyDecoyboy Posts: 508

G3M is not an item to buy.  It is a free item that is automatically put in your product library.  So check DIM and search for Gen 3 Male essentials  or in your product library.

• cosmo71cosmo71 Posts: 3,609
    Decoyboy said:

G3M is not an item to buy.  It is a free item that is automatically put in your product library.  So check DIM and search for Gen 3 Male essentials  or in your product library.

ah okay, thank you smiley

• AllegraAllegra Posts: 405

I love,love the new guy, using Aiden textures...now I've the morphs can't wait to try some more renders...congratulations to the artists for creating this wonderful model!

michael7a.jpg
    770 x 752 - 168K
  • L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    Shanina said:

I love,love the new guy, using Aiden textures...now I've the morphs can't wait to try some more renders...congratulations to the artists for creating this wonderful model!

Very, very nice. Certainly not feminine looking in my book!

BTW, where is the beard from? And what hair are you using?

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548
    Shanina said:

I really got a feminine vibe off the promo pics but this is almost enough to change my mind.  Can't really afford him right now after the PA and PC+ sales but this render will at least put him on my possibly when I can afford it list

• Sigh...

The Genital Bulge morph that comes with G3M body morphs is affecting the mouth, like some of the products for G3F did.

WithGenBulgeOn.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 350K
    WithGenBulgeOff.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 350K
  • NovicaNovica Posts: 23,869
    edited November 2015

Sigh...

The Genital Bulge morph that comes with G3M body morphs is affecting the mouth, like some of the products for G3F did.

Wow, quality assurance doesn't seem to be on the ball at all. Same problem, wow.

And here's another example of the arm problem. Very apparent that the upper section where it connects to the next area with the biceps,  is distorted in proportions.  

m7chest2.jpg
    703 x 765 - 236K
    Post edited by Novica on
  • DkgooseDkgoose Posts: 1,451
    Hanabi said:
    dkgoose said:

The math calculates if you do 50% off instead of the 30% intro discount,        134.95-50%-30%, here's a screenshot of the email.

That would be for the people who bought the Scott 6 bundle AFTER they changed the wording. Early birds who opted in before they did that should be getting an EXTRA 50% off. Extra, not instead.

The pro bundle should be $33.06 for those of us that got the message that they would honor the original ad wording. I'm not getting that price yet, but I know the office isn't open yet, so I'm going to be patient and wait for it to be fixed.

I wonder when they changed it, I'm not sure which discount I'd qualify for then,

HeavyRay said:

Does anyone know what the threshold date for the 'extra' discount is?  Per my product library, I purchased Scott on 27 Aug, 2015 and thought I do so under the 50% additional discount; when I added the Pro Bundle to my cart, I'm still seeing $47.24....    ;-(     Ray

I'm curious about the date too, I'm assuming since it's the 50% off instead of the 30% I was missed it, planned on spending about $70 on the bundle and morph packages anyway so either way I'll be getting him , I got a gift card for my account shortly after Scott was released thinking M7 would be out quickly, bad idea to have that much store credit sitting around during all the sales tempted to use it lol

• Is it me or does he have girly lips [looking at promos]? And it looks like his upper lip got sucked up in a soda bottle. Is there a way to smooth out that meteor crater or are we stuck with it no matter what we do? Sorry little things get to me.  

• Novica said:

Sigh...

Wow, quality assurance doesn't seem to be on the ball at all. Same problem, wow.

And here's another example of the arm problem. Very apparent that the upper section where it connects to the next area with the biceps,  is distorted in proportions.  

Yeah, that's another problem I was going to post about. It becomes even more apparent if you use the bodybuilder morph or the stocky morph.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,550

Sigh...

For heavens sake! noWhere are the testers? After all the G3F problems, you'd think they would at least check for mouth problems on all morphs now. Incorrectly made morphs sometimes affect the navel, too. You might want to see whether that bulge morphs has that problem, too.

Thanks for letting the rest of us know. I assume you've written a bug report??

• JennKJennK Posts: 834
    Sonja11 said:
    Shanina said:

I really got a feminine vibe off the promo pics but this is almost enough to change my mind.  Can't really afford him right now after the PA and PC+ sales but this render will at least put him on my possibly when I can afford it list

Now if the pros had looked more like this I might not ever have gotten that vibe. Is there a way to make his lips less Glossy?

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,582

I actually really like m7. He's a vast improvement from Michael 6.

• Midnight_storiesMidnight_stories Posts: 4,112
    edited November 2015
    Novica said:

Sigh...

The image is too burred to tell what you're talking about give us a close up !

Post edited by Midnight_stories on
  • MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    Novica said:

Sigh...

mebbe something doubling the morph?

• dkgoose said:
    Hanabi said:
    dkgoose said:

The math calculates if you do 50% off instead of the 30% intro discount,        134.95-50%-30%, here's a screenshot of the email.

That would be for the people who bought the Scott 6 bundle AFTER they changed the wording. Early birds who opted in before they did that should be getting an EXTRA 50% off. Extra, not instead.

The pro bundle should be $33.06 for those of us that got the message that they would honor the original ad wording. I'm not getting that price yet, but I know the office isn't open yet, so I'm going to be patient and wait for it to be fixed.

I wonder when they changed it, I'm not sure which discount I'd qualify for then,

HeavyRay said:

Does anyone know what the threshold date for the 'extra' discount is?  Per my product library, I purchased Scott on 27 Aug, 2015 and thought I do so under the 50% additional discount; when I added the Pro Bundle to my cart, I'm still seeing $47.24....    ;-(     Ray

I'm curious about the date too, I'm assuming since it's the 50% off instead of the 30% I was missed it, planned on spending about $70 on the bundle and morph packages anyway so either way I'll be getting him , I got a gift card for my account shortly after Scott was released thinking M7 would be out quickly, bad idea to have that much store credit sitting around during all the sales tempted to use it lol

It was the same day as the release (August 25). They made the correction a few hours into the day.