Michael 7 / G3M

Comments

• TimbalesTimbales Posts: 2,251

Ok, I'm really confused. I bought M7 only because the pro-pack items don't have any "must haves" for me. M7 is listed with gential materials, but his genitals aren't included?

• JennKJennK Posts: 834

Even with the extra discount I should be getting I am not sure I will buy him He looks way to feminine to me. The only saving grace are the two extra characters in the bundle. So very disappointed in this one. I am going to hold off until I see more renders. frown

• you may get the textures with characters but you only get the genitles if you buy the Michael 7 pro bundle or any other future G3 Pro Bundle just like with the Genesis3 females and Genesis 2 male and females

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560
    edited November 2015

Well, I picked up the pro bundle, and some of the other goodies. Underwear Michael 7 intimates  look great, but a little pricy at this time with no extra discount so will have to pass.  Love the promo art for Sword of Time textures! I love images that have more going on than just a character standing there looking hawt!

And oh my the server must be taking a beating this am, since I'm still trying to download a Genesis 3 Starter essentials update before it even gets to M7.

Post edited by Serene Night on
  • ANGELREAPER1972ANGELREAPER1972 Posts: 4,413
    edited November 2015

ok got a problem here with daz 4.8, now installed genesis 3 male starter essentials that's showing but none of the content from the Michael 7 Pro Bundle is showing, loaded up daz 4.9 beta and can see content from Michael 7 Pro Bundle listed there in the cloud to be added so does this mean Michael 7 and everything in the pro bundle and maybe the other content for sale for him will only work in daz 4.9? Cause I'm still using liking 4.8 and have a lot of plugins and other stuff can't get to work appear in 4.9 at the moment

I checked DIM and it's all installed according to that

Post edited by ANGELREAPER1972 on
  • MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

if his starter essentials will work in 4.6 or carrara, i'll take the plunge on the propack.  hoping gianni 7 not far behind :D

• lx_2807502lx_2807502 Posts: 2,996
    edited November 2015

Using both 4.8 and 4.9 beta can do weird things with your database, such as products only showing up in one version. They should still be there as normal in the content library, or if you reimport the metadata via the menu next to the library panes.

I was really happy to see an OOT clothing item on release. Not many outfits that you buy give you so many alternative pieces with so many different colours, mix and match, and adjustment options. (Aeon Soul outfit when?)

The promo shots made me kind of hesitent about buying him, too. But I decided to go ahead, and I'm glad that he looks rather more manly to me now. I also just noticed that he has Arabella's nose o.o It's spreading like a disease o.o

test-m7-02.jpg
    1458 x 2016 - 335K
    Post edited by lx_2807502 on
  • RogerbeeRogerbee Posts: 4,460

I do think it a bit silly of Daz to roll out G3M/M7 and not release the morphs at the same time. Don't the characters in all the bundles need them in order to work!? Odd strategy, but then what's new!? One thing that I will endeavour to find out is whether G3M and G3F share eye UV's. If they do then products like Actual Eyes 5 won't need updating.

CHEERS!

edited November 2015

I suspect that the store really doesn't have a lot of male products to release so they are holding stuff back to pad sales more

Post edited by Serene Night on
  • ToyenToyen Posts: 1,861

Victoria is no longer alone : )

• Hanabi said:
    dkgoose said:

The math calculates if you do 50% off instead of the 30% intro discount,        134.95-50%-30%, here's a screenshot of the email.

That would be for the people who bought the Scott 6 bundle AFTER they changed the wording. Early birds who opted in before they did that should be getting an EXTRA 50% off. Extra, not instead.

The pro bundle should be $33.06 for those of us that got the message that they would honor the original ad wording. I'm not getting that price yet, but I know the office isn't open yet, so I'm going to be patient and wait for it to be fixed.

Well, I was patient to a point and then I went and put in a ticket.  I still hve not even gotten the email that says my ticket was created and input but I DID get a banner message with the wrong discount.  ​I purchased Scott 6 pro bundle BEFORE the discount terms were re-written and as everyone knows, we were told then that the early purchasers would get it under the original terms.  I am beginning to wonder if DAZ3D is still intending to honor that? 

• bytescapesbytescapes Posts: 1,807

The G3M Body Morphs and G3M Head Morphs (and some G3M Expressions) seem to have crept into the store. They weren't there when I looked earlier this morning, but they're there now.

Can anyone remember whether the body/head morphs are usually sold as a bundle, or whether they're always separate items? DAZ seems to be rolling things out piecemeal (or perhaps that's just a result of caching), so I don't want to pull the trigger too soon and miss out on any possible discount to offset the pain of buying All the Things.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

The G3M Body Morphs and G3M Head Morphs (and some G3M Expressions) seem to have crept into the store. They weren't there when I looked earlier this morning, but they're there now.

Can anyone remember whether the body/head morphs are usually sold as a bundle, or whether they're always separate items? DAZ seems to be rolling things out piecemeal (or perhaps that's just a result of caching), so I don't want to pull the trigger too soon and miss out on any possible discount to offset the pain of buying All the Things.

they havent bundled the g3f ones

• lx said:

Using both 4.8 and 4.9 beta can do weird things with your database, such as products only showing up in one version. They should still be there as normal in the content library, or if you reimport the metadata via the menu next to the library panes.

I was really happy to see an OOT clothing item on release. Not many outfits that you buy give you so many alternative pieces with so many different colours, mix and match, and adjustment options. (Aeon Soul outfit when?)

The promo shots made me kind of hesitent about buying him, too. But I decided to go ahead, and I'm glad that he looks rather more manly to me now. I also just noticed that he has Arabella's nose o.o It's spreading like a disease o.o

thanks for your reply lx sadly it's 340am here so should get some sleep but thanks to you think got it working think well he's showing up now anyway did two things in 4.9 installed downloaded via cloud and in 4.8 reimported the metadata not sure which did the trick but everything ii m7 pro is showing up in 4.8 and 4.9 though like said still using 4.8 cause got my plugins working in that. Yeah oots underware looks good would've bought but not enough money maybe next time same with rawart's new g3m expecting a lot of great products for the new guy and hoping lots of mix match outfits to share with g3 m and f, and morphs for g3m and creature creator 3

• The G3M Body Morphs and G3M Head Morphs (and some G3M Expressions) seem to have crept into the store. They weren't there when I looked earlier this morning, but they're there now.

sneaky buggers have to get another time when got more money m7 pro and the recent pca sales tapped me out as for bundles well they may do that later on for both the male and females but probably not for awhile and it'll probably be around current price there will probably be a few other morph sets from various creators very soon too 

• CypherFOXCypherFOX Posts: 3,401

Greetings,

Rogerbee said:

Michael 7 looks a bit more of an everyman than previous releases have been.

This was the first words out of my mouth; and IMO, that's a REALLY good thing.  My wife jokingly called him 'metro', but I prefer a normal guy who I can morph into superheroes if needed.  Starting with the super-muscled M6 was always weird as I had to find ways to dial that out, etc...

I also thought that I had seen a promise that they'd honor 50% off the 30% off of the 30% off, but I'm not sure anymore...

Anyway, I look forward to getting him (and the morph sets, and...and...) later today.

--  Morgan

• Makers/Modellers of G3M - (nodding specifically towards the "Sword of Time" ensemble):  I heart YOU!

I don't know why, but I get the strangest feeling that someone has been watching my nauseating overwhelming Zelda-art submissions to the DAZ galleries lately.  Just call it a hunch, but maybe its the sword and sheild design and shape.  LOVE!

You guys/gals are gonna make my Zelda fanservice so easy.  Hopefully there will be a clone to G1 & G2 male, because I kinda like my current Hero of Time design.

Honestly though, G3M looks awesome!  I love his build, his face, and his overall look - and his outfit options for Pro.  Oh, oh, oh!  As soon as I have $$$ again, I WILL be buying him (and probably all of the add-ons that follow therein).

• BorgBoy7BorgBoy7 Posts: 102
    edited November 2015

you may get the textures with characters but you only get the genitles if you buy the Michael 7 pro bundle or any other future G3 Pro Bundle just like with the Genesis3 females and Genesis 2 male and females

Yes, they (meaning DAZ) made it very clear a while ago that only professionals and those who can afford the Pro bundles really need the genitals.

Now how would they know if I needed them or not?  

Either way I don't see anything that stands out in either bundle enough to buy them, so I guess my M7 will have to go without that which makes him a guy.

Post edited by BorgBoy7 on
  • CypherFOXCypherFOX Posts: 3,401

Greetings,

Makers/Modellers of G3M - (nodding specifically towards the "Sword of Time" ensemble):  I heart YOU!

I don't know why, but I get the strangest feeling that someone has been watching my nauseating overwhelming Zelda-art submissions to the DAZ galleries lately.  Just call it a hunch, but maybe its the sword and sheild design and shape.  LOVE!

You guys/gals are gonna make my Zelda fanservice so easy.  Hopefully there will be a clone to G1 & G2 male, because I kinda like my current Hero of Time design.

LOL!  OH, so THAT'S why the Ocarina poses & prop are in Fastgrab today!  ;)

--  Morgan

• MKeyesMKeyes Posts: 466

OMGosh! I LOVE these men, I just love these men! M4, M5, M6, M7 - I now have them all, will use them all, and going to have a good time playing with the new guy. This is just fantastic! Have thrown the body and head morphs in the cart to get them Friday. That texture as well for the sea pirate thingy? Yeah... I LOVE it! I wouldn't care if they didn't do ANYMORE Victoria & her girls for the next TWO YEARS... the focus should be on the MEN! 

I'm in heaven right now though... hope they keep stuff for him coming. 

• MKeyesMKeyes Posts: 466
    Chohole said:

Oh my goodness, I have an idea on using all of them too! Thanks for sparking my mind off! LOL

That sucks the morphs were released now. I would've likely put those in my budget instead of an outfit or too. Ohwell .Something to pick up next month. 30% is not very good discount anyway.

• Pro Bundle and the three Morph Packs in the cart. Waiting for the "real" Scott-Discount. And shouldn't the morph packs be discounted a little more. AFAIR the G3F ones have been available for less then 10$ right at release.

• JUJUJUJU Posts: 1,120

Price of the morphs are fixed

• Has there been an official word on the discount for the pre-wording change Scott Pro purchasers?

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited November 2015
    MistyMist said:

if his starter essentials will work in 4.6 or carrara, i'll take the plunge on the propack.  hoping gianni 7 not far behind :D

:-) Yes! [thank you Daz3d] Works as well as to be expected in 4.6. Obviously the Iray mats are for 4.8+

Also all those nice pose presets I made for the G3F face expressions work on G3M too :-)

I've just installed the basic G3M so far. [have to wishlist the rest for abit]

He comes with the 5 basic body shapes, a few other basics like for nipples and "elf" ears BUT no "bulge" morphs ...

He also comes with a clone for G3F and G2M.

The updated G3F has the clone for G3M too.

He comes with  a T shirt, shorts, briefs, tank top and one hair.

Post edited by patience55 on
  • Has there been an official word on the discount for the pre-wording change Scott Pro purchasers?

nothing yet that I am aware of.  I even put in a ticket on the issue and have not even received the usual email acknowledgement on THAT.  The store glitch on the prices of the head and body morphs have been corrected.  Why not this ???

Not that I know of. But the Store Message (saying that the 50% replace the 30% for Scott owners) does definitely not correspond to an earlier message (before they changed the promo wording) saying that early buyers will get the 50% in addition. So I am still waiting for an update and price drop to get both the pro bundle and the morph packs.