Michael 7 / G3M

Comments

• ToyenToyen Posts: 1,873

He went straight into the cart! Can' t wait to render him!!!

I just wish........you know...we would not have to pay 94.47 for the male parts......but whatever.

Can' t wait to see your renders guys!! At long last, he is here : )

• lx_2807502lx_2807502 Posts: 2,996

Default G3 characters with default Iray skins and default Iray render settings. Because it seemed like a really random thing to compare. Ara left, V7 top, M7 bottom. Also, I really like Arabella's nails o.o

I'm fine with the concept of paying for the pro bundle for the male parts, but I'd much rather trade the new "default pose" action slider for the old circumcised slider. A choice between two extremes is still a crappy choice.

test-manicure.jpg
    960 x 1080 - 293K
  • caravellecaravelle Posts: 2,409
    jakiblue said:

that's what i was hoping for - G3Male body and head morphs. Seems strange not to bring them out on the release day.  

Well now... Dav-I mean, Michael 7 looks rather interesting, I'll admit.

Though, the Base Evo Morphs would have been nice to see first... >.>

Indeed the Morph Bundle should be available on the release day; preferably as part of the Pro bundle.

I like M7 and appreciate his slight D5 resemblance very much. Those narrow, hooded eyes are very handsome, but the eye Mats look strange in 3DL. Maybe M7 is suffering a bit from Hepatitis...? wink

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

Morphs have not been included in the Figure releases since Genesis technology started, because the morphs are for the base figure.  If they were included in the character figure bundles you would be paying for them every time you bought a new figure character bundle.

• SorelSorel Posts: 1,390
    This man is gorgeous I think my heart skipped a beat.
    Chohole said:

Morphs have not been included in the Figure releases since Genesis technology started, because the morphs are for the base figure.  If they were included in the character figure bundles you would be paying for them every time you bought a new figure character bundle.

I certainly wouldn't like that. So what about making them free like the base figure...?  wink

Considering you're getting the base figure and the software for free, it seems perfectly reasonable to me for the morphs to be a separate paid product, considering just how much you can do with them- I'm just impatient and want them to be in the store now so I can start making characters~

Exactly, besides there are a few basic morphs for the body included like the bodybuilder shape.

• dkgoose said:

The math calculates if you do 50% off instead of the 30% intro discount,        134.95-50%-30%, here's a screenshot of the email.

That would be for the people who bought the Scott 6 bundle AFTER they changed the wording. Early birds who opted in before they did that should be getting an EXTRA 50% off. Extra, not instead.

The pro bundle should be $33.06 for those of us that got the message that they would honor the original ad wording. I'm not getting that price yet, but I know the office isn't open yet, so I'm going to be patient and wait for it to be fixed.

lx said:

Considering you're getting the base figure and the software for free, it seems perfectly reasonable to me for the morphs to be a separate paid product, considering just how much you can do with them- I'm just impatient and want them to be in the store now so I can start making characters~

It was meant as a joke; of course I also think that the morphs should be a paid product! I am willing to pay for it like I did with all Genesis morph packs, the more as I am aware that we are getting a lot for free from DAZ.

caravelle said:
    lx said:

It was meant as a joke; of course I also think that the morphs should be a paid product! I am willing to pay for it like I did with all Genesis morph packs, the more as I am aware that we are getting a lot for free from DAZ.

I figured you meant it as a joke but I have seen serious complaints about it very recently so I didn't want any of them the chance to jump in, sorry~

edited November 2015

Here is my first render!

Show me your renders guys! Make' em rain! 

(image removed for nudity)

I love him! He bends much better than G2M! Now it is time to even the numbers and add 5 more males : ))

Post edited by Cris Palomino on
  • TimbalesTimbales Posts: 2,302

He looks good, but I'm not crazy about the hair that was released to go with him. It would be nice to see a neater, cleaner style for a change. 

• SnowPheonixSnowPheonix Posts: 896
    edited November 2015

Well.. Congrats to DAZ 3d for the release of what I think is a briiliant character right out the gate.  I'm already in love with how real he looks.. GREAT JOB.

mike7firstrender1a.jpg
    1202 x 831 - 122K
    Post edited by SnowPheonix on

Which do you mean? The 2 hairstyles from the pro bundle? Or the hair that is free as part of G3M starter essentials?

I really like Mathew Hair though I won' t be buying it right now. Fraser hair is okay, at least better than the free hairstyle which I am not a big fan of. Not that it is not well made, it is just the style. Not a big fan of the icecream looking hairstyles but hey, it' s not that bad and it' s free : )

• ThatGuyThatGuy Posts: 794

He looks very much like Karen 7.  Although Karen 7 looked like a guy, Michael 7 has a more effeminate look to him, IMHO.  I can see thought that there has been some improvement with his physique.  Still thinking about whether he goes in my cart or not.  

• nDelphinDelphi Posts: 1,851

So how's the chest looking?

Chest looks fine to me, definitely better than GM2. 

• chickenmanchickenman Posts: 1,202

One more figure that wont work in Carrara.

Saves me money.

• KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214
    Hanabi said:
    dkgoose said:

The math calculates if you do 50% off instead of the 30% intro discount,        134.95-50%-30%, here's a screenshot of the email.

That would be for the people who bought the Scott 6 bundle AFTER they changed the wording. Early birds who opted in before they did that should be getting an EXTRA 50% off. Extra, not instead.

The pro bundle should be $33.06 for those of us that got the message that they would honor the original ad wording. I'm not getting that price yet, but I know the office isn't open yet, so I'm going to be patient and wait for it to be fixed.

I have the probundle in my cart @ 47.24 and am expecting the EXTRA 50% for buying Scott Before the wording was changed, I do hope this is still being honored as I received the instore message stating the 50% would be honored but the message disappeared after a couple days and I think it should have been left in our messages until M7 was released as proof we qualified for that discount.  I hope it will still be honored for those of us that purchased before the wording was changed

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,060
    edited November 2015
    Toyen said:

Chest looks fine to me, definitely better than GM2. 

Ye G3M has a lower polygon count in that area compared to G3F. Those extra polygons are not needed for males since they don't need the added breast geometry, so in theory, the chest should look better, and clothing should fit nicer this time around.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • Kharma said:
    Hanabi said:
    dkgoose said:

I have the probundle in my cart @ 47.24 and am expecting the EXTRA 50% for buying Scott Before the wording was changed, I do hope this is still being honored as I received the instore message stating the 50% would be honored but the message disappeared after a couple days and I think it should have been left in our messages until M7 was released as proof we qualified for that discount.  I hope it will still be honored for those of us that purchased before the wording was changed

I'm sure Daz will honour the discount. :) We'll just have to wait until they get to the office. I hope they also put up the G3M morph packs today too!

• jag11jag11 Posts: 885
    Kharma said:
    Hanabi said:
    dkgoose said:

I'm in the same boat and with an extra $6 off coupon waiting.

Oh it was supposed to be an extra 50%? Guess I'll do a ticket for the difference later if that is indeed the case. Will wait for confirmation though. Sucks I have to be at work I wanna do M7 renders.

And I've got some work to do and can' t stop doing M7 renders : D

Toyen said:

And I've got some work to do and can' t stop doing M7 renders : D

The never-ending struggle
  • for my fellow aussies just bought the michael 7 pro bundle $66.13 us - used my $6 plat daz origional coupon -making it $60.13 US which ended up in our money $88.02 Australian so you can now work out your budget

• KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214

for my fellow aussies just bought the michael 7 pro bundle $66.13 us - used my $6 plat daz origional coupon -making it $60.13 US which ended up in our money $88.02 Australian so you can now work out your budget

I am in the same boat here in Canada, I think the exchange rate is 25% or close to it which is why I am diligently waiting for the additional 50% off for buying Scott.  I kow the exchange rate has really hampered my purchases during the last 2 sales.  Once I get G3M and M7 maybe a few extras, my buying will slow to a crawl until March Madness

• He looks ok. Going to wait for that extra discount before I buy him and then start some renders of him :o
  • Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,929

Watching the boat motor away from the pier I'm standing in. ;)

But hey, this means a reprieve from a flood of content I feel anxious to buy.

Have fun with him, guys!