UltraSceneryXT - large terrain/landscape generator

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,200

Norman_R said:

first test render

Daz 3D

Neat! It has a very mysterious vibe to it.

• TugpsxTugpsx Posts: 734

Uncharted! Love the detail of a plane countering the direction of the geese. 

• Norman_RNorman_R Posts: 94

Thanks smiley

• Trying something new here. This is the Muelsfell Multilayer "desert" that I've used for the foreground, with one of the new XT mat files and render settings (the latter somewhat tinkered with) on XT in the background. The Muelsfell desert can look a bit more sandy than this; I think I can do better with a little more twiddling. But I decided I had accomplished what I'd set out to do with this scene and called it a day. 

Steadfast.jpg
    1623 x 1298 - 2M
  • TugpsxTugpsx Posts: 734
    edited May 2022

paulawp (marahzen) said:

Trying something new here. This is the Muelsfell Multilayer "desert" that I've used for the foreground, with one of the new XT mat files and render settings (the latter somewhat tinkered with) on XT in the background. The Muelsfell desert can look a bit more sandy than this; I think I can do better with a little more twiddling. But I decided I had accomplished what I'd set out to do with this scene and called it a day. 

Looking great. Nice composition and POV. For a neat trick i picked up the v176 Iray Ground Textures 5  for use on XT and it produces interesting closeups.

This one uses the snow material on the mountains and the ice for a frozen lake

V176plusXT4a.png
    966 x 521 - 706K
    Post edited by Tugpsx on
  • Tugpsx said:

paulawp (marahzen) said:

Trying something new here. This is the Muelsfell Multilayer "desert" that I've used for the foreground, with one of the new XT mat files and render settings (the latter somewhat tinkered with) on XT in the background. The Muelsfell desert can look a bit more sandy than this; I think I can do better with a little more twiddling. But I decided I had accomplished what I'd set out to do with this scene and called it a day. 

Looking great. Nice composition and POV. For a neat trick i picked up the v176 Iray Ground Textures 5  for use on XT and it produces interesting closeups.

I actually bought that same shader in this group of on-sale items with the Muelsfell item. I'll have to give that a try.  

• markusmaternmarkusmatern Posts: 526

Still being amazed by the results of UltraSceneryXT (see in the gallery for the assets):

• dawnbladedawnblade Posts: 1,723

So many great renders here with this product! Wishlisted and can't wait until it goes on sale again.

• alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,325

markusmatern said:

Still being amazed by the results of UltraSceneryXT (see in the gallery for the assets):

Excellent!  The contrast in scale between the huge landscape and the tiny boat works beautifully and the boat's wake adds a extra layer of realism to the scene. How did you generate the wake?

Cheers,

Alex.  

alexhcowley said:

markusmatern said:

Excellent!  The contrast in scale between the huge landscape and the tiny boat works beautifully and the boat's wake adds a extra layer of realism to the scene. How did you generate the wake?

Cheers,

Alex.  

Thank you very much, glad you like it!

The wake of the boat is from DA Big Ocean. It is one of several Decal Overlays in that product. However I modified it to get the curvature of the wake and improve the blending with the water.

Note: The decal node has to be parented to the UltraSceneryXT water node, which is hidden by default!

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,870

markusmatern said:

alexhcowley said:

markusmatern said:

Cheers,

Alex.  

The wake of the boat is from DA Big Ocean. It is one of several Decal Overlays in that product. However I modified it to get the curvature of the wake and improve the blending with the water.

Note: The decal node has to be parented to the UltraSceneryXT water node, which is hidden by default!

Great image and great tip on the water node.

Artini said:

markusmatern said:

alexhcowley said:

markusmatern said:

Cheers,

Alex.  

Great image and great tip on the water node.

Glad you like it and you are welcome!

edited May 2022

I am enjoying rendering of XT worlds a lot - in particular with the different lights, than default.

Below is a render of Vernon preset.

Vernon01pic05.jpg
    1920 x 1200 - 1M
    Post edited by Artini on
    edited May 2022

An attempt to incorporate the castle to the UltraSceneryXT.

Preset Tenaya.

Tenaya01pic03.jpg
    1920 x 1200 - 532K
    Post edited by Artini on

Keep going Artini! You are on a roll.

Thanks a lot, @barbult

• PaintboxPaintbox Posts: 1,633

Great render @artini!

Thank you very much, @Paintbox

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,142

@Artini: I have one constructive criticism of your two images above. Check the scale between your boats and castle and the trees. The castle and boats are HUGE :). It's an easy mistake to make - I do it myself all the time and then don't catch it until after I render :P. LOL

You are right, @AllenArt. Thanks for the comments.

Is it possible to scale up the trees in UltraSceneryXT?

The castle looks about right to me, but I will try to make it smaller and see how it goes.

Yes, you can change both the scale and spacing of the biome in the UltraSceneryXT pane.

barbult said:

Yes, you can change both the scale and spacing of the biome in the UltraSceneryXT pane.

Thanks for the explanation - will try it later.

• HowieFarkesHowieFarkes Posts: 585
    edited May 2022

Tropics and jungles coming soonish.

popup_01.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 1M
    popup_05.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 1M
    Post edited by HowieFarkes on

HowieFarkes said:

Best news I've heard in well over a week!

Cheers,

Alex.  

HowieFarkes said:

Best news I've heard in well over a week!

Cheers,

Alex.  

• GranvilleGranville Posts: 681

This is wonderful news!

• Mark_e593e0a5Mark_e593e0a5 Posts: 1,569

Great news. Credit card is on stand-b(u)y laugh

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,160

Looking good... waiting with anticipation.

Florida girls like palm trees!

• richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,092
    Maybe I can get a FNQ backdrop for my characters to get sunburnt infront of... A few salties, and a Cassowary in the jungle. That'll do nicely.