edited April 2022

Render of UltraSceneryXT with the sky and the material from:

https://www.daz3d.com/ultrasceneryxt--materials-and-skies

xt08pic08.jpg
    1920 x 1200 - 440K
    Post edited by Artini on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,049
    edited April 2022

I love the atmosphere in the new skies and the long shadows in this afternoon render (large image),

USXT new texture 20 and sky Afternoon Haze Medium 4000.jpg
    4000 x 2250 - 7M
    Post edited by barbult on
  • Now that I got UltrasceneryXT working again, here's a quick effort with stuff from the new material and sky settings.

DogAndMan2.jpg
    1500 x 1200 - 2M
  • PaintboxPaintbox Posts: 1,633

Wonderful moody image and use of US and USXT @paulawp !

• barbult said:

I love the atmosphere in the new skies and the long shadows in this afternoon render (large image),

I agree! Very well done.

• paulawp (marahzen) said:

Now that I got UltrasceneryXT working again, here's a quick effort with stuff from the new material and sky settings.

That is a very nice render.

• barbult said:

I really like the effect of the hazy sunlight in the upper left. 

paulawp (marahzen) said:

barbult said:

I really like the effect of the hazy sunlight in the upper left. 

I used the Afternoon Haze Medium sky from the new addon product.

• richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 4,980
    edited April 2022

Just a little image trying to integrate a figure into the XT landscape and make it look as if she belongs.

Howie, thank you so much for creating US & USXT, they are seriously the best add-ons I can imagine for DS.

Regards,

Richard.

Glamorous Vickie 28a R01.png
    1860 x 936 - 3M
    Post edited by richardandtracy on
  • sandmanmaxsandmanmax Posts: 992

alexhcowley said:

Howie's first add on set for Ultrascenery XT has just been released. 

Cheers,

Alex.

Well, crud!  I just spent a $10 credit on something else.  But there's nothing to be done about it now.... Visa to the rescue!  There will be new terrains....

• alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,309

sandmanmax said:

alexhcowley said:

Howie's first add on set for Ultrascenery XT has just been released. 

Cheers,

Alex.

Well, crud!  I just spent a $10 credit on something else.  But there's nothing to be done about it now.... Visa to the rescue!  There will be new terrains....

I've been playing around with the haze settings.  Getting haze right is something I've been struggling with for a while and, thanks to Howie, I  think I've finally cracked it. 

Cheers,

Alex. 

• blosseblosse Posts: 46

Does anyone else have this color difference between what MAT you have selected and what the render looks like?

USX Terrain 00 MAT.jpg
    1600 x 554 - 211K
    USX Terrain 04 MAT.jpg
    1646 x 655 - 276K

blosse said:

Does anyone else have this color difference between what MAT you have selected and what the render looks like?

Maybe your light is way too bright. They look very washed out.Did you try the light presets that come with the product?

edited April 2022

Here are a couple I did today with USC for foreground and USX for background.

USC Dry Desert USX Sunset Haze Light.jpg
    2000 x 1125 - 2M
    USC Harpwood Bridge USX Morning Haze Thick Deer.jpg
    2000 x 1125 - 2M

barbult said:

blosse said:

Maybe your light is way too bright. They look very washed out.Did you try the light presets that come with the product?

That's what I thought too, so I decided to try some of the presets with the new add-on sky.

Preset 02 Wildhorse and preset 17 Lakeland with the USX SunSky Afternoon Light.

17 looks as I expected but 2 not so much?

USX Preset 02 Wldhorse, USX SunSky Afternoon Light.jpg
    1710 x 852 - 262K
    USX Preset 17 Lakeland, USX SunSky Afternoon Light.jpg
    1685 x 730 - 268K

barbult said:

These look great.

blosse said:

barbult said:

These look great.

I agree. The lighting in the first one is very striking and the second one is a truly beautiful pastoral scene. The mooses really add that extra something.

Cheers,

Alex. 

edited April 2022

blosse said:

barbult said:

blosse said:

That's what I thought too, so I decided to try some of the presets with the new add-on sky.

Preset 02 Wildhorse and preset 17 Lakeland with the USX SunSky Afternoon Light.

17 looks as I expected but 2 not so much?

Your Wildhorse render looks like the Wildhorse preset preview. The Terrain 07 thumbnail shows the terrain applied to a terrain with high craggy mountains, so there is a lot of bare rock showing. Wildhorse is lower rolling hill terrain, so you get the grassy or sandy part of the terrain instead, I think. If I render Wildhorse, it looks like yours. I agree that it looks a lot lighter than you would expect from the Terrain 07 thumbnail. Maybe it is possible that HowieFarkes modified the terrain map settings in the Wildhorse preset file, so they don't match Terrain 07 exactly anymore, even if that is what he started with. I don't know.

Edit: No, I think Wildhorse used Terrain 07 without modification. I reapplied Terrain 07 and it looks the same to me.

edited April 2022

This is USX Preset 07 Fairwest & USX SunSky Afternoon Light which look as I expected.

Post edited by blosse on

But if I change the lighting with a different HDR file, the colors change drastically.

I like USC because I can use any of my HDR files and it just makes the scene better.

That doesn't work with USX.

USX Preset 07 Fairwest, USX SunSky Afternoon Light.jpg
    1693 x 760 - 299K
    edited April 2022

Archmage Athena’s Back Garden

Ultrascenery foreground, Ultrascenery XT background.

The foreground is Dirt Track 3 and with the Pacific North West 3 ecology

The background is preset Orroral with the terrain 06 mat, biome 03 conifers and dawn haze light preset.

Cheers,

Alex.

Archmage Athenas Back Gardens.jpg
    3000 x 1875 - 3M
    Post edited by alexhcowley on
  • TugpsxTugpsx Posts: 732

@barbult Those are awesome. Did you place the Buck between the trees or a happy accident when the instances kicked in?

• TugpsxTugpsx Posts: 732
    edited April 2022

For a quick experiment, i decided to substitute a few trees for some buildings. No trees were hurt during the de-forestation of this scene.

I have not worked on roads yet but USXT does have a ton of applications.

Howie provided a tranquil place.

Yet Man's urge to build...

USXTSomething comes5.jpg
    994 x 760 - 854K
    USXTSomething comes.jpg
    994 x 760 - 750K
    Post edited by Tugpsx on
  • dawnbladedawnblade Posts: 1,723
    edited April 2022

blosse said:

But if I change the lighting with a different HDR file, the colors change drastically.

I like USC because I can use any of my HDR files and it just makes the scene better.

That doesn't work with USX.

I don't have USX yet, so maybe Howie can chime in, because one of the promo images says the lighting will match perfectly with USC. I would expect to be able to use any lighting, including HDR's, not specific Sun-Sky settings. I'll still buy it because it has 6 sun-sky settings and more in the add-on, and I can add clouds with one of the cloud products.

Post edited by dawnblade on
  • Trying something different - here's XT providing a view out of a window. This is one of my first attempts to mix inside/outside lighting conditions so be merciful.

lakeview.jpg
    1500 x 1200 - 1M
  • Inspired by an aerial render by @barbult

Glider_Camera.png
    1822 x 887 - 3M
  • AnEye4ArtAnEye4Art Posts: 702

DoctorJellybean said:

Inspired by an aerial render by @barbult

Nice work. 

• DoctorJellybean said:

Lovely.

Just one point - the undercarriage needs to be retracted on that glider, it'll wreck the glide angle and there's nowhere there you'd want to come down wink. (Said with all the experience of someone who has 10 hrs experience of flying gliders [30 mins in the Austrian Alps] before they were age 11, and almost none since..)

Otherwise.. you'd never really belive it was created in the same program that usually ends up in myopic, small size, figure renders with a tiny, locaised background. It makes DS seem so much bigger, wider & richer.

Regards,

Richard

• richardandtracy said:

DoctorJellybean said:

Lovely.

Just one point - the undercarriage needs to be retracted on that glider, it'll wreck the glide angle and there's nowhere there you'd want to come down wink. (Said with all the experience of someone who has 10 hrs experience of flying gliders [30 mins in the Austrian Alps] before they were age 11, and almost none since..)

Otherwise.. you'd never really belive it was created in the same program that usually ends up in myopic, small size, figure renders with a tiny, locaised background. It makes DS seem so much bigger, wider & richer.

Regards,

Richard

Thank you.

I did think about that, but there don't appear to be a way to retract the under carriage. Maybe I should have made it invisible smiley