UltraSceneryXT - large terrain/landscape generator

Comments

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,899
    edited April 2022

paulawp (marahzen) said:

Trying something different - here's XT providing a view out of a window. This is one of my first attempts to mix inside/outside lighting conditions so be merciful.

That is very interesting.

Thanks for posting.

Post edited by Artini on

DoctorJellybean said:

Inspired by an aerial render by @barbult

Nice view.

Are these clouds volumetric or so?

• Artini said:

DoctorJellybean said:

Inspired by an aerial render by @barbult

Nice view.

Are these clouds volumetric or so?

Thank you.

Yes, volumetric clouds.

• ekke2020ekke2020 Posts: 60
    edited April 2022
    A big thanks to Howie Farkes. This plugin is great.

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/uploads/FileUpload/a1/d57a45f55b3c5f98c0f487f165e4a4.jpg

USCXTAlmPSk.jpg
    1063 x 709 - 626K
    Post edited by ekke2020 on
    edited April 2022

USXT and The Cats

CatZeus02pic19.jpg
    1000 x 1200 - 248K
    Post edited by Artini on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,218
    edited April 2022

Here are a couple things to be aware of when using the UltraSceneryXT Sun-Sky presets:

• The original sun-sky presets were created before Ground Fog existed in Daz Studio, so they do not set any values related to Ground Fog. So if you load one of the new presets with Ground Fog (Haze) and then load one of the old presets, the Ground Fog will still be turned on. If you want the old preset to look like it used to look, turn Ground Fog off and reset the Environment Tint to white in the Render Settings. The easiest way to ensure you get the old  preset to behave in the old way might be to delete the Environment Options node and create a new one. The old presets seem to create new Environment Options node when the Sun-Sky preset is applied. The new presets do not. I don't know why they behave differently.
    • The new presets in the addon product set the Dome Orientation to 60. This makes the sun rise and set in unexpected locations (Dawn sunrise in the north instead of east, for example). If you are paying attention to the geography orientation as defined in the UltraSceneryXT interface for Zero Edge: North (back), East (right) South (front), West (left), you probably want to reset Dome Orientation to 0 in Render Settings.
    Post edited by barbult on
  • So you've never been to Iceland in June, then. Dawn happens just East of North, and at 1am. Yes, it is wierd.  wink

Regards,

Richard.

richardandtracy said:

So you've never been to Iceland in June, then. Dawn happens just East of North, and at 1am. Yes, it is wierd.  wink

Regards,

Richard.

No, I was there in August. Nice try, but the latitude specified in the UltraScneryXT Sun-Sky presets is 40, way way south of Iceland.

• Ahh. Would love to go back to Iceland again, got there in 1988. But Alaska (and maybe Yukon) is probably going to be our next long haul holiday. In a year or two, or four.

Yeah, I do know the dome & sun/sky positions, but was pointing out that there are places in the world where it wouldn't be very far from correct.

Regards,

Richard.

It really only matters if you want the specified lat long and time of day to be reasonably represented by the Iray sun position. If it is all just arbitrary for the scene, nobody cares anyway. I was getting unexpected sun position and thought other people might be experiencing the same, so I wanted to point out the cause. I understood the intent of your comment.
  • @richardandtracy no undercarriage this time laugh

Hang Gliding_Camera.png
    1822 x 887 - 3M
  • AnEye4ArtAnEye4Art Posts: 703
    edited April 2022

DoctorJellybean said:

@richardandtracy no undercarriage this time laugh

And no clouds this time as well. The clouds added extra. 

Post edited by AnEye4Art on
  • AnEye4Art said:

DoctorJellybean said:

@richardandtracy no undercarriage this time laugh

And no clouds this time as well. The clouds added extra. 

I added other extras this time.

edited April 2022

And now for something different. This was inspired by a discussion I had with Will. I applied the Iray Uber shader to the Oak Trees foliage and added emission. I set the Sun-Sky time to 9 PM and the Environment Tint to blue.

USX Emissive Oaks Foliage Terrain Snowy 900PM Blue Env_Camera.jpg
    2000 x 1125 - 2M
  • That is pure genius. Utterly mad, but it looks superb.

Regards,

Richard

• Sorry for asking what might amount to a stupid question but I just got ultrasceneryXT today but idk how to use it. There's no script in the xt section and the ultrascenery regular version has no function for xt in it. Am I missing something or doing something wrong? Please help me out. Thanks 

• DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 7,964
    edited April 2022

RemiliaSutton said:

Sorry for asking what might amount to a stupid question but I just got ultrasceneryXT today but idk how to use it. There's no script in the xt section and the ultrascenery regular version has no function for xt in it. Am I missing something or doing something wrong? Please help me out. Thanks 

First make sure that the plugin is installed. Click on Help - About Installed Plugins and check that it is listed. If it is, go to  Window - Panes and you should see UltraSceneryXT. Click that.

Post edited by DoctorJellybean on

RemiliaSutton said:

Sorry for asking what might amount to a stupid question but I just got ultrasceneryXT today but idk how to use it. There's no script in the xt section and the ultrascenery regular version has no function for xt in it. Am I missing something or doing something wrong? Please help me out. Thanks 

There is a whole PDF UltraSceneryXT Reference Guide that gets installed in your Content Library's Readme's folder. That will help you a lot. You can also access that PDF guide from inside Daz Studio with the Help Browser (F1).

• alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,328
    edited April 2022

My latest crime against digital art. 

This uses the same UltrasceneryXT background as my last render, with some tweaks to increase the tree coverage.

The foreground is Stonemason’s Village Courtyard 2 with the recently released Medieval Market bundle.

Incidentally, the Village courtyard bundle is currently on sale with a 50% reduction in price.

Cheers,

Alex.

Market Test 1.jpg
    3000 x 1875 - 2M
    Market Test 2.jpg
    3000 x 1875 - 2M
    Post edited by alexhcowley on
  • TugpsxTugpsx Posts: 734
    edited April 2022

Very cool Alex,i like it. Thanks for sharing. If you grabbed the decal pack, use them on the ground for some more grunge. Nice market but busy workers sweeping clean every night. smiley

A cool trick for more detail is the ability to project dirt on the center section of the steps for more realism.

If you have the meta pack you can also put down ash instead of snow so it makes it a bit grungier. 

Wait this might be the Queens's market. in that case forget it all since it would be clean.

Also check your props, some may be floating.

I'd love to see an updat if you do actually create one.

Post edited by Tugpsx on
  • Having an isssue here,

The biome is not loading or displaying. I get terrain with textures, water, but no trees.

Tried loading individual trees and they show up in DAZ. Changed biomes even loaded the presets. No trees or vegetation. I see assets loading but not showing up in the scene.

Is there a button I am not seeing like generate Biome or Apply?

Thanks for the help.

edited April 2022

warrendigman said:

Having an isssue here,

The biome is not loading or displaying. I get terrain with textures, water, but no trees.

Tried loading individual trees and they show up in DAZ. Changed biomes even loaded the presets. No trees or vegetation. I see assets loading but not showing up in the scene.

Is there a button I am not seeing like generate Biome or Apply?

Thanks for the help.

Quote from the UltraSceneryXT Reference Guide in your ReadMe's folder:

Screenshot 2022-04-30 015332.jpg
    627 x 470 - 58K
  • alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,328

Tugpsx said:

Very cool Alex,i like it. Thanks for sharing. If you grabbed the decal pack, use them on the ground for some more grunge. Nice market but busy workers sweeping clean every night. smiley

A cool trick for more detail is the ability to project dirt on the center section of the steps for more realism.

If you have the meta pack you can also put down ash instead of snow so it makes it a bit grungier. 

Wait this might be the Queens's market. in that case forget it all since it would be clean.

Also check your props, some may be floating.

I'd love to see an updat if you do actually create one.

Thanks for your comments. It is a bit overly pristine, isn't it?  Adding a little grunge is something I'm going to look into for the future but my next priority is exploring volumetric clouds. 

As for floating props, I have checked for those, it's fairly easy with the Village Courtyard series.

Cheers,

Alex.  

• TugpsxTugpsx Posts: 734
    edited May 2022

FREE CamLock2022 released. See info over at this thread.

With Camlock2022 you can easily lock your Beauty camera during scene composition.

Helps a lot with UltraScenery compositions and much more.

Post edited by Tugpsx on
  • DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 7,964

Tugpsx said:

FREE CamLock2022 released. See info over at this thread.

With Camlock2022 you can easily lock your Beauty camera during scene composition.

Helps a lot with UltraScenery compositions and much more.

That link leads to a leave a comment box with a quote.

• GoggerGogger Posts: 2,318
    edited May 2022

I know the use of UltraScenery in this image seems barely noticeable, but it made ALL the difference!  I rendered the "ProtoSquatch" character with a transparent background and tried adding in several different background images until I found "that Pacific Northwest vibe" (where I grew up) and this one image alone just absolutely made the scene.  So, no matter how in-your-face, or how subtle the useage, UltraScenery just keeps on giving and giving.

DS_ProtoSquatch_3D_Erik_Pedersen.jpg
    3440 x 1440 - 483K
    Post edited by Gogger on

Gogger said:

I know the use of UltraScenery in this image seems barely noticeable, but it made ALL the difference!  I rendered the "ProtoSquatch" character with a transparent background and tried adding in several different background images until I found "that Pacific Northwest vibe" (where I grew up) and this one image alone just absolutely made the scene.  So, no matter how in-your-face, or how subtle the useage, UltraScenery just keeps on giving and giving.

Interesting! I can see the trees when I look hard, but they don't distract from the subject. It makes a moody environment.

edited May 2022

Nice work, @Gogger.

I have noticed, that UltraSceneryXT looks also great from Top View camera.

Post edited by Artini on
  • Norman_RNorman_R Posts: 94
    edited May 2022

first test render

Daz 3D

Post edited by Norman_R on