UltraSceneryXT - large terrain/landscape generator

Comments

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,850
    edited April 2022

This time only UltraSceneryXT + clouds.

x03pic05.jpg
    1920 x 1200 - 964K
    Post edited by Artini on
  • Perfect. It gets rid of the DS 'small world' myopia in one hit.

Regards,

Richard

Thanks. I am really excited to discover, what one can do with UltraSceneryXT.

• HowieFarkesHowieFarkes Posts: 584
    edited April 2022

Some renders using some new skies and materials that will be in store soon.

popup_01.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 1M
    popup_07.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 861K
    Post edited by HowieFarkes on
  • Ultrascenery is getting stuck for me on instances.  Been trying to resolve this issue for days!  

Trouble shooting I have already tried: uninstalled and reinstalled, set optimization to memory, uninstalled octane render, uninstalled add-ons

If you can think of any solutions please help!

Richard Heger, Chicago IL

Ultrascenery.png
    1920 x 1080 - 723K
  • William Shock said:

Ultrascenery is getting stuck for me on instances.  Been trying to resolve this issue for days!  

Trouble shooting I have already tried: uninstalled and reinstalled, set optimization to memory, uninstalled octane render, uninstalled add-ons

If you can think of any solutions please help!

Richard Heger, Chicago IL

You should post this in this thread, you are more likely to get help

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/380431/ultrascenery-commercial/p1

HowieFarkes said:

Looks great.

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,443

HowieFarkes said:

these materieals include ecologies as well or mainly rock/ ground type. Skies have clouds?  

daveso said:

HowieFarkes said:

these materieals include ecologies as well or mainly rock/ ground type. Skies have clouds?  

The pack will contain new and improved terrain materials (Biomes not included) and SunSky presets that contain different times of the day and different volumetric haze densities (no clouds)
  • GranvilleGranville Posts: 681
    edited April 2022

Will you include a more tropical biome? Or maybe a separate tropical pack?

Post edited by Granville on
    edited April 2022

Another render of UltraSceneryXT.

xt05pic06.jpg
    1920 x 1200 - 1M
    Post edited by Artini on
  • AnEye4ArtAnEye4Art Posts: 702

Artini said:

Another render of UltraSceneryXT.

well done.

Thanks a lot, @AnEye4Art

edited April 2022

Below is yet another render of UltraSceneryXT.

xt06pic01.jpg
    1920 x 1200 - 905K
    Post edited by Artini on
  • alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,311

Howie's first add on set for Ultrascenery XT has just been released. 

https://www.daz3d.com/ultrasceneryxt--materials-and-skies

Cheers,

Alex.

• Ghosty12Ghosty12 Posts: 1,982

And it went into my cart so fast, that I spent a good time trying to catch my wallet.. laugh

• paulawp (marahzen)paulawp (marahzen) Posts: 1,068
    edited April 2022

Hey, everybody ... I know that this has been discussed briefly elsewhere, but I wanted to bring it up here in case anyone runs into this via the path I have. 

It appears that  Daz 4.20 can play havoc with some material files, notoriously OOT hairs, but also UltrasceneryXT mat files. This attached render is an out-of-the-box render with the Vernon biome, and you can see here that while it handles the snow and the trees, the underlying mat file is coming out flat black. (The same thing happens with OOT hairs.) This worked fine in 4.16 - I just did a render with this biome a few days ago.

I had been on Daz 4.16, holding off on updating to 4.20, but this new add-on specifically states that it makes use of the new 4.20 volumetric enhancements, so I gave it a shot and upgraded Daz this morning. It's introduced these huge issues. I know others have reported the same problems - I've seen a couple of threads on the forum that mention them.

I already have the new XT add-on in my cart, but now I can't effectively use it until I figure out what got broken and either fix it or work around it. Yes, I've updated Nvidia drivers to no avail.

If anyone has been here and fought their way through this, suggestions are welcome. From my reading, the OOT hair problem was supposed to be due to something to do with Top Coat and/or Thin Film changes, but I couldn't find anything specific to check or change. 

XT-Black-Mat-Example.jpg
    1500 x 1200 - 1M
    Post edited by paulawp (marahzen) on
  • GoggerGogger Posts: 2,308
    edited April 2022

I, for one, am UltraThankful to Howie for bringing us Ultrascenery and allowing me to do things in DAZ Studio that I was only able to do in VUE in the past. VUE got too expensive for me to keep using so I have DAZ and the whole UltraScenery line of products and I am very pleased with it all. I think the UltraScenery products are worth it at twice the price.  It is a pleasure to work with and the results are quite often just astounding. I look forward to each and every enhancement and add-on!

THANKS HOWIE!

Post edited by Gogger on

paulawp (marahzen) said:

Hey, everybody ... I know that this has been discussed briefly elsewhere, but I wanted to bring it up here in case anyone runs into this via the path I have. 

It appears that  Daz 4.20 can play havoc with some material files, notoriously OOT hairs, but also UltrasceneryXT mat files. This attached render is an out-of-the-box render with the Vernon biome, and you can see here that while it handles the snow and the trees, the underlying mat file is coming out flat black. (The same thing happens with OOT hairs.) This worked fine in 4.16 - I just did a render with this biome a few days ago.

I had been on Daz 4.16, holding off on updating to 4.20, but this new add-on specifically states that it makes use of the new 4.20 volumetric enhancements, so I gave it a shot and upgraded Daz this morning. It's introduced these huge issues. I know others have reported the same problems - I've seen a couple of threads on the forum that mention them.

I already have the new XT add-on in my cart, but now I can't effectively use it until I figure out what got broken and either fix it or work around it. Yes, I've updated Nvidia drivers to no avail.

If anyone has been here and fought their way through this, suggestions are welcome. From my reading, the OOT hair problem was supposed to be due to something to do with Top Coat and/or Thin Film changes, but I couldn't find anything specific to check or change. 

This looks like an occurrence of the Nvidia vMateriaks issue - whereby some of the shader “bricks” in Daz Studio’s Shadermixer are rendered inoperable due to mismatches in the version of Studio and the vMaterials. Quoted from another thread:

The issue with vmaterials depended on the version of Daz Studio, prior to 4.16 the problem was with the version of the Nvidia Materials Exchange that came with vMaterials v2.0.. And you had to go back to the Materials Exchange that came with vmaterials 1.70 to stop the weird rendering issue.. However after Studio 4.16 and up the reverse happened, and you had to reinstall the Materials Exchange that came with vMaterials v2.0 to stop the rendering weirdness with certain products..

So I think now that you’ve upgraded to Studio 4.20 you will need to upgrade your Nvidia vMaterials to 2.0

• paulawp (marahzen)paulawp (marahzen) Posts: 1,068
    edited April 2022

HowieFarkes said:

paulawp (marahzen) said:

This looks like an occurrence of the Nvidia vMateriaks issue - whereby some of the shader “bricks” in Daz Studio’s Shadermixer are rendered inoperable due to mismatches in the version of Studio and the vMaterials. Quoted from another thread:

The issue with vmaterials depended on the version of Daz Studio, prior to 4.16 the problem was with the version of the Nvidia Materials Exchange that came with vMaterials v2.0.. And you had to go back to the Materials Exchange that came with vmaterials 1.70 to stop the weird rendering issue.. However after Studio 4.16 and up the reverse happened, and you had to reinstall the Materials Exchange that came with vMaterials v2.0 to stop the rendering weirdness with certain products..

So I think now that you’ve upgraded to Studio 4.20 you will need to upgrade your Nvidia vMaterials to 2.0

Yay! That fixed it. Thanks, you da man! I'll definitely be picking up the new add-on today to try out.

So for anyone else who finds or is following this thread in the future, the problem was that after upgrading from Daz 4.16 to 4.20, I found that some material files - I specifically ran into problems with OOT hair and the mat files here in UltrasceneryXT - would show as black in the Nvidia Viewport and when rendering. (Other random items rendered as expected, including OOT hair with other vendor's shaders.) I had done the stock stuff - upgrade drivers, reboot, check for updates, etc - with no luck. Ultimately, the issue was that in the past, I had installed Nvidia vMaterials 1.7, which would seem to be incompatible with 4.20. I uninstalled that and installed Nvidia vMaterials 2.0. The problem is now resolved for me, having confirmed by successfully testing both an OOT hair and UltrasceneryXT render.

Post edited by paulawp (marahzen) on
  • davesodaveso Posts: 6,443

what are these Nvidia materials? This is the first time I've heard of such a thing. 

daveso said:

what are these Nvidia materials? This is the first time I've heard of such a thing. 

Same thing here.  Where do we find this update?

Cheers,

Alex. 

• alexhcowley said:

daveso said:

Cheers,

Alex. 

I believe it is optional. More info here

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/528256/nvidia-vmaterials-2-0-0-shader-presets/p1

DoctorJellybean said:

alexhcowley said:

daveso said:

Cheers,

Alex. 

I believe it is optional. More info here

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/528256/nvidia-vmaterials-2-0-0-shader-presets/p1

Thanks for the link.

Cheers,

Alex. 

• Just a quick query with the new XT release, is it able to work on a version pre 4.20? I realise the ground fog won't, but will the rest work? I can go up to DS 4.15 with my Win7 machine.
    edited April 2022

richardandtracy said:

Just a quick query with the new XT release, is it able to work on a version pre 4.20? I realise the ground fog won't, but will the rest work? I can go up to DS 4.15 with my Win7 machine.

The terrain materials will definitely work on earlier versions of Studio - but I really didn’t try the Skies on anything before 4.20 as the volumetric fog/haze is pretty integral to the look of each one.

Post edited by HowieFarkes on
  • richardandtracy said:

Just a quick query with the new XT release, is it able to work on a version pre 4.20? I realise the ground fog won't, but will the rest work? I can go up to DS 4.15 with my Win7 machine.

I can't vouch for 4.15 but I was using 4.16 prior to yesterday, so every render I've posted in this thread was made in 4.16.

• richardandtracy said:

I can't vouch for 4.15 but I was using 4.16 prior to yesterday, so every render I've posted in this thread was made in 4.16.

• Thanks. I will give it a try. Regards, Richard.
  • MartialMartial Posts: 404
    edited April 2022

MY test of Ultrascenery XT

The lake initial.jpg
    618 x 800 - 607K
    The lake in the morning.jpg
    618 x 800 - 387K
    Post edited by Martial on