UltraSceneryXT - large terrain/landscape generator

Comments

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,821

Thanks a lot, @Tugpsx.

Good idea about LUTs.

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,151

Interesting, I have not thought about underwater scenes using USXT.

edited June 2022

Example render of USX Preset 24 Dehseyf from https://www.daz3d.com/ultrasceneryxt--tropics

Dehseyf01Pic16.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 1M
    Post edited by Artini on
    edited June 2022

Another USXT render - USX Preset 23 Daintree from https://www.daz3d.com/ultrasceneryxt--tropics

Daintree01Pic15.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 476K
    Post edited by Artini on
  • MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,139
    edited June 2022

I thought I'd try a closer-up view with some figures in the environment. Here's the Lakeland preset from the original set with a couple of sight-seers.

USCXT-Lakeland.jpg
    1024 x 576 - 595K
    Post edited by MelanieL on

Nice composition, @MelanieL.

Does anybody know, if https://www.daz3d.com/grassy-grove is related to UltraScenery?

It looks amazing and I would like to incorporate it to UltraSceneryXT scenes.

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,151

Artini said:

Does anybody know, if https://www.daz3d.com/grassy-grove is related to UltraScenery?

It looks amazing and I would like to incorporate it to UltraSceneryXT scenes.

I see no indication that it is currently, but keep your eyes posted for an expansion, I'd guess.

• TugpsxTugpsx Posts: 732

The https://www.daz3d.com/grassy-grove doesn't require ultraScenery and is an awesome asset for serious closeups. I'm looking into animating a portion of it.

• NathNath Posts: 2,713

Tugpsx said:

The https://www.daz3d.com/grassy-grove doesn't require ultraScenery and is an awesome asset for serious closeups. I'm looking into animating a portion of it.

It also makes nice desktops if you do put UltraScenery in the background :) 

001.png
    2500 x 902 - 5M
  • MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,139
    edited June 2022

Thank you for your comment, Artini.

It looks to me as if the Grassy Grove was originally created using UltraScenery (but with new plants) and saved out as a prop? (I haven't bought it yet - I tried to buy the bundle it's in yesterday but  was unable to checkout - so now I've lost several items that were on related sales yesterday, I need to decide whether to take the plunge today with far fewer extra items of interest to me.) 

Post edited by MelanieL on

Grassy Grove's example scene is made with UltraScatterPro.

• VicSVicS Posts: 1,183

I tried to follow the pdf, I could not get the mountain range to taker any texture, there may have been more issues but if I can start there I can see if I can take it from there, can someone help me out with that, thanks

• dawnbladedawnblade Posts: 1,723
    VicS said:

I tried to follow the pdf, I could not get the mountain range to taker any texture, there may have been more issues but if I can start there I can see if I can take it from there, can someone help me out with that, thanks

Did you set the folder for the textures?
    edited June 2022

Quick 15min build time scene from UltraSceneryXT. Decided to only use 2 water water nodes and USX SunSky Afternoon Haze Thick environment.

Started adding other elements and BINGO decent scenery. USXT has tons of potential.

Sharkweek1A_TealOrange.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 236K
    Post edited by Tugpsx on
  • paulawp (marahzen)paulawp (marahzen) Posts: 1,059
    edited June 2022

This (clearly asymmetric) wartime scene is using Grassy Grove as the immediate foreground, with USXT in fairly close quarters. I'm making use of one of the new Grassy Grove environments (either HFGG Forest Haze or Forest Morning Haze). 

I love traditional Ultrascenery, but Grassy Grove is a handy tool to have in the box for an instant foreground scene of this nature. 

OnWatch.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 1M
    Post edited by paulawp (marahzen) on
  • AnEye4ArtAnEye4Art Posts: 702

I like it. Well done.

• alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,310
    edited June 2022

Background: UltrasceneryXT Hinchinbrook preset, with biome 19 and sun-sky morning haze medium preset. 

Foreground: Ultrascenery River 8 Mossy Hollow 1.

Cheers,

Alex.

Hinchinbrook River 8 Mossy Hollow 1.jpg
    3000 x 1875 - 2M
    Post edited by alexhcowley on
  • paulawp (marahzen)paulawp (marahzen) Posts: 1,059
    edited June 2022

I have need of plains and desert imagery that USC Wasteland and Dry Desert don't quite accommodate, so I've been actively experimenting with various landscape alternatives, particularly with an eye toward finding things that can be paired with USXT. I want the power of USXT and its endless variations (vs static props that you find with other landscape products) but I need to fill in a couple of ecology gaps. 

This one has a foreground from Aako's Plains and Mountains, minus the mountains that come with it. None of the USXT mats or presets I have is the right match with this vast scrubby plain but this one, based on Gibson with one of the more yellowish mats substituted, is better than most. Sometimes I glance at it and like it. Sometimes the mismatch of colors is jarring and I hate it. But in the interest of exploration, here it is anyway.

The HDRI is from the Aako product. I haven't done much with HDRIs and Ultrascenery/USXT, but experimentation means trying new things...

USXT-Crossover.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 842K
    Post edited by paulawp (marahzen) on
  • memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,743

@paulawp I don't know which desert you are trying to represent, but I have lived in the Mojave Desert in California and also drove across it and Death Valley a number of times, along with the deserts along both the I-40 (Arizona and New Mexico) and the I-80 (upper Nevada and Utah) in the USA, and it is common for what appears to be a flat land to all of a sudden to dip down, but the distant mountains appear in the distance and do look different. Sun being blocked by clouds can also cause distant mountains to be a different color from what appears near the camera. You could Google desert regions around the world, but be careful of 'touched up' photos that were enhanced in Photoshop. 

Those dips in the roads are notorious for flash floods in California (when it does rain)!

Your render looks quite normal to me.

Mary

• Mary, thanks for the vote of confidence. While debating whether to post that image, sometimes I looked at it and saw exactly what you're saying. I was aiming for something generally evocative of the desert southwest.

edited June 2022

Yet another interesting island...

island08Pic01.jpg
    1920 x 1200 - 526K
    Post edited by Artini on
    edited June 2022

UltraSceneryXT is an amazing tool.

While using custom maps, the possibilities are enormous.

Recently I am trying to render some cliffs, but the steep part of the cliffs does not look so nice, yet.

I know, that by editing height maps, one can get better look, but what about almost vertical part of the terrain.

In Unity, one can apply triplanar shaders/materials and resulting terrain looks good from any direction,

even on vertical parts of it. Do we have any triplanar materials in Daz Studio?

Will continue to play with USXT, because it gives me a lot of freedom in my creations.

Cliff01.jpg
    1600 x 1200 - 590K
    Post edited by Artini on
    edited June 2022

Another render of the cliff like USXT, made with the custom maps.

Cliff02.jpg
    1920 x 1200 - 726K
    Post edited by Artini on
    edited June 2022

Artini said:

Another render of the cliff like USXT, made with the custom maps.

Nice islands BTW, You may be able to figure a way to incorporate this cliff shader asset. https://www.daz3d.com/daz-studio-4-cliff-face-shaders

Post edited by Tugpsx on

Thanks a lot, @Tugpsx

I have purchased these shaders a long time ago, but has forgot about them.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,810

the treacherous Buttekrak covesurprise

edited June 2022

Thanks.

I do not know, how to change shaders on USXT, yet,

so I will just try to not expose the cliffs with the distorted textures, so much.

Cliff03.jpg
    1920 x 1200 - 771K
    Post edited by Artini on
    edited June 2022

After further adjustments to parameters on USXT, I got this render.

For now it is sufficient for me.

Cliff04.jpg
    1920 x 1200 - 432K
    Post edited by Artini on