Novica & Forum Members Tips & Product Reviews Pt 13

Comments

• Appreciate the offer but I think I'm all good here

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

Okey Dokey :)   If anyone is ever in dire straits in a weather situation, don't hesitate to ask for help here if you need it. If anyone can help, they will. 

• DaventakiDaventaki Posts: 1,621

I was amazing to see the people respond with assistance here (and im sure everywhere).  People were delivering goods, heaters, water and whatever others needed.  They were allowing strangers into thier homes to keep warm.  Multiple warming stations were opened.  Many coming together to get people home safely or out from being stuck.  Sometimes you get to where you think the world has gone to crap and noone cares about others but sometimes things happen and its a blessing to see peoples true nature when things get rough.  There are still jerks out there don't get me wrong on that, im a nurse so we see some terrible things but most are still good at heart.

As you probably saw, Lisa from Lisa Botanicals has passed away. She went in for preventative surgery and did not survive.She had it very rough for months, in the hospital. Her beautiful botanicals will continue to inspire us, we've lost a great talent and for those who knew her, a friend. Prayers to her family.

• NathNath Posts: 2,713

That is very sad news.

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945

My condolences to Lisa's family and friends

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,151
    edited February 2021

So sad to hear about Lisa (I'd missed this latest bad news, as I've not visited the Hivewire forum for a week or two)

Post edited by MelanieL on
  • She'll be missed

I think I have most if not all of her plants 

• Thank you all.

Chris' post is here

https://community.hivewire3d.com/threads/prayers-for-lisa.4370/post-208204

If you want to share over at our forum, we'd love to have you do so.

Our hearts are broken with the loss of Lisa..

edited February 2021

Thanks for the link @alisauhlisa  :) 

Post edited by Novica on
    edited February 2021

BTW, those of you with Nintendo Switch, the memory card for it is 50% off (save $50) and is 256GB. It's the deal of the day at Best Buy. I don't play video games but my sons snatched that up in a heartbeat so thought I'd share. Only good for today, and may sell out.

Post edited by Novica on
    edited February 2021

Just curious, which five things did you buy for 70% off?  Most of Bluejaunte's gals are really good for turning into kids with Growing Up, look at their eyebrows. Ensley is a great example.  (Not Mailika IMO)

I bought Macey and Chani HD
    Sweden Office   This appears to have more than one room
    Garden Seat
    Ensley HD
    Malika HD

Post edited by Novica on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,158

I bought only three:

Kwan 8 (haven't rendered him yet)
    Classic Diamond Jewelry (disappointed in how few adjustment morphs are included - unusual for esha to have so few, I think)
    Cassini System Bundle (because I wanted the plants)

@barbult  The Cassini system looks cool, I have it and haven't rendered it. I think the plants were what caught my eye too. :) 

• Tim82Tim82 Posts: 858

very sad news to read :( ... my condolences to family and friends

• Carola OCarola O Posts: 3,823
    edited February 2021

@Novica Here's a little nudge that there's new posts in the Tell Us! thread (figures this is probably the best way to tell you, since notifications on both threads and messages are a bit off) :)

Sad to hear about Lisa, I came to love her plants early on when I started here :(

Post edited by Carola O on
    edited February 2021

Anyone know the hair used in the main promo for Sienna? It's not in the list of used products, so far as I can tell. It's a really cute short bob. Looks like OOT?

Post edited by Novica on
  • Novica said:

Anyone know the hair used in the main promo for Sienna? It's not in the list of used products, so far as I can tell. It's a really cute short bob. Looks like OOT?

I think it's https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/lizanna-hair-for-genesis-3-and-8-females/136937/

zombietaggerung said:

Novica said:

I think it's https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/lizanna-hair-for-genesis-3-and-8-females/136937/

Ah, thank you! I own it!  I have so many products I haven't downloaded, or I've downloaded and haven't categorized yet. Aaargh!  That is the cutest short hairstyle!  

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,750

I was struck by how useful it might be as a 1920s flapper girl's hair, or a child's hair from the 20s on to today. Even some boy's might wear it, thinking choir boys? It is short, simple for a mother to cut and not too fussy.

edited February 2021

Abagale (G8F)        Castles in the Mist       2021 01 Hair      dForce Elf Guardian Outfit (G8F)       Ancient Dungeon Kit

Okay, as promised days ago, here's Abagale and Castles in the Mist. The Elf Guardian Outfit  skirt does horribly with default dForce, it exploded, so I just didn't use it.

Had some fun with it using Vintage Art Photoshop plugin over at Graphics River (Envato.)  I took out the scratches over her face and added more, eliminated the huge white foggy clouds all around the border. 

I put the sky in with Lumina. I also decided to add some red to her lips, I love that added little pizazz. Luminar has a face section where you can whiten eyes, lighten the face, add saturation to lips, add redness to lips, reduce dark shadows under eyes- it's great! 

Click to enlarge, click again. :)  

TIP: Use Ancient Dungeon Kit pieces in the foreground, they match Castles in the Mist!  In addition to the foreground large column, she's sitting on a beam and there's a block behind her.

If you'd like to give this some love in the gallery, and have fun putting a caption for it (SO many ways this could be interpreted) have some fun here

Abagale 2021 01 Hair Castles Mist DOF.png
    1280 x 1400 - 2M
    Abagale 2021 01 Hair Castles Mist v art Signed.jpg
    1280 x 1400 - 467K
    Post edited by Novica on
    edited February 2021

If you need an alternative to Word or Word Perfect, aka FREE, then OpenOffice is just for you. In addition to that, I needed a program with the grid squares (rows/columns) to make some fun word search puzzles for seniors, and my husband came to the rescue and told me about this. I hadn't heard of it, so thought I'd pass it along. And yes, it's a safe download, no viruses. Very reputable program. It only has a 32 bit option, but works great for us 64 bit folks.  :)  

Just click Download Full Installation. I haven't tried the templates, etc further down the page.

Post edited by Novica on
  • Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,269
    edited February 2021

Novica said:

If you need an alternative to Word or Word Perfect, aka FREE, then OpenOffice is just for you. In addition to that, I needed a program with the grid squares (rows/columns) to make some fun word search puzzles for seniors, and my husband came to the rescue and told me about this. I hadn't heard of it, so thought I'd pass it along. And yes, it's a safe download, no viruses. Very reputable program. It only has a 32 bit option, but works great for us 64 bit folks.  :)  

Just click Download Full Installation. I haven't tried the templates, etc further down the page.

This one has 64 and 32 bit and is free as well https://www.libreoffice.org/

It's the successor to OpenOffice

Post edited by Robert Freise on

@robertfriese   Have you used both? Any difference if you have?

• Yes I used to use Open Offiice but stopped when Oracle took it over years ago

Libre Office is done by some of the original Open Office people and is imo a little bit faster and compatiable and I've never had it crash or lock up like I had OpenOffice do

@robertfriese   Thanks! So far, no problem, but I will keep the other one in mind.

In my work as an editor, I have used Word, Google docs, and Libre frequently with little issue, other than the mental switch for commands. My biggest problem is when someone uses OpenOffice and then we find all other edits have been lost. I have Office 365 or whatever they call it now, but primarily use Word and Excel.

My flatmate uses Libre on Windows, Apple and that other operating system I never remember the name of, interchangebly without issues. One of his computers dates back to the late 90s even. He keeps the software on a stick, so he uses the mobile version of Libre Office and Google Chrome and stuff. For Word, he has an old copy that he bought in a store back in the day. But, what he loves about Libre is its ability to easily create pdf documents and clean things up for .txt files for posting online. 

Google docs can be great if you work with a group and need to edit a master file without creating multiple files and no one knows which is the 'master'. But you also run the risk of one person going in and wiping out everyone's work by accident or design. Or loss of work when power goes down to the net, this is more with the spreadsheets.

But the main thing is like any othe software, what is comfortable for the user to work in? Go with it. 

Thanks for the info Mary :) 

Ohhhh no. My husband is out in Las Vegas on an exercise (works at Eglin AFB as a federal employee) and guess who has COVID?
    He started coughing and it got worse, so today he didn't go to the exercise and got tested. He has to stay in quarantine until March 5th at the hotel.

Oh, that is terrible Novica!

Is there a chance he got it on the flight or in the terminals?

• RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,808

Ouch! Sorry to hear. Hope all goes well for him.

This discussion has been closed.