Novica & Forum Members Tips & Product Reviews Pt 13

Comments

• Sorry to hear that

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,750
    edited February 2021

I popped in to post a render to highlight a dress that is going into the Vault soon. I bought it recently because I love the simple style and I had read that it is becoming fashionable to wear older fashions again (goes in cycles I think). So here is Chablis for Geneis/V4 Tres Jolie Tapered Hair for Genesis African Headwear (earrings) the necklace and bracelet from Kimani Clothes for V4 and the Retro Vignette set. I used shaders from Gems and Minerals and Khory's Lush Core Fabrics and Fashion Leathers to update the V4 accessories and the dress and shoes. There is a bracelet on her left arm that for the life of me I can't track down again. It shows as 'BD Bracelet 01' in my scene tab. I used Anagenssis 2 on Chablis' skin.

Chablis in Lavender and Orange II.png
    1500 x 2427 - 5M
    Post edited by memcneil70 on
  • NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

He definitely got it in flight. He flew out last Saturday. I drove him to the airport, usually it's 2-5 days from exposure to the time you show symptoms. I have none (and trust me, I would.)  So it's got to be the flight. He's always worn a mask, we have Lysol wipes in the car, Eglin requires masks at work, etc. He hasn't got any fever so that's a good thing. 

Well our forecast for snow of 3 - 6 inches turned into 11 - 13 inches overnight. I had to put my snow boots on to walk Bugsy, and he was plowed the path for me because the stairs disappeared and there was only faint indications where sidewalks were. But that white, furry American Eskimo had a ball and was not very happy when I called it off for my need for coffee. But he rolled all over and then made sure to shake off inside. Frost dog.

Novica, at least in the hotel he can get clothes washed and food delivered. And knows you are safe at home. 

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,151

Oh dear, bad news - I hope your husband can fight it off. Best wishes to him for a full recovery (and great that you didn't get it) - I'm so glad to be retired and not need to travel for work any more.

Just checking in to update you. He's much worse today, fever kicked in last night and he's really coughing and congested. He's actually on base at Ellis AFB in Las Vegas, but it is accomodations similar to a hotel :)  He had gone to the commissary and stocked up, and I had sent along granola bars and a huge bag of craisins which he loves, so he's good for groceries. We also had put in cough drops, sore throat lozenges, etc as when he goes on trips, invariably he would get sick (before Covid.)  So he's all nestled in. A package I sent today will arrive Saturday, it has Pepcid (Famotidine) and Vitamin D. I won't go into a lot of details, let's just say Famotidine is what Trump got when he had Covid. I was way ahead on that, I discussed Famotidine/Pepsid early spring last year.  :)  (Look it up, and Vitamin D.) Always ask your doctor before taking anything based on your health history and other meds you are on. Vitamin D is stored in the liver so you shouldn't go hog wild on that one. 

Have you checked out Fast Grab lately? Good stuff. Reminder- use your PC+ coupons.

So far as new- I took $6 off Mae (Daz Original) because I really like her eyebrows. Thicker, and don't look like a sticky mess like the fibermesh eyebrows tend to look from some of the vendors. 

All this for $50  (Mae is the only new item, the rest are Fast Grab.) 

First image isn't shown-

Chic Rustic Pad

$21.95

$6.59

70%

Allen Hair For Genesis 8

Allen Hair For Genesis 8

$24.95

$7.49

70%

The Beach

The Beach   Won't use the background, those trees look unnatural and plastered to me. But look at the promos, the water looks pretty good. I also like the downed palm branch.

$16.95

$5.09

70%

Shapeless Morphs for Genesis 8 Male

Shapeless Morphs for Genesis 8 Male

$21.95

$6.59

70%

Shapeless Morphs for Genesis 8 Female

Shapeless Morphs for Genesis 8 Female

$21.95

$6.59

70%

Space Buggy

Space Buggy   Exterior only I think. Many moving parts. Fun for space/planet renders.

$16.95

$5.09

70%

All That Glitters LIE Tattoos

All That Glitters LIE Tattoos

$17.95

$5.39

70%

Mae HD for Genesis 8 Female

Mae HD for Genesis 8 Female   NEW

new  

$18.95

$7.27

62%

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,813

Novica said:

Allen Hair For Genesis 8

Allen Hair For Genesis 8

$24.95

$7.49

70%

The Beach

The Beach   Won't use the background, those trees look unnatural and plastered to me. But look at the promos, the water looks pretty good. I also like the downed palm branch.

$16.95

$5.09

70%

One thing to note about "The Beach" is that it's all one piece, apart from the backdrop. There's nothing modular about it at all. I used it in one image where it worked fine, and it's open enough that moving the camera around to change angles works reasonably well, but you can't, for example, move a tree around.

And I really love Allen Hair, and I've used it a fair amount.

Thanks @vwrangler :) 

@memcneil70   BTW almost 80 degrees here in Pensacola!  On my way with Ci Pwff to do Mom's patio visit. Still no visitors at the retirement home (which I totally agree with.)  So Activities puts a speaker out on the patio and Mom has one too, and there's a chair they just leave there. Mom is 93 and doing great :) 

• Novica said:

Just checking in to update you. He's much worse today, fever kicked in last night and he's really coughing and congested. He's actually on base at Ellis AFB in Las Vegas, but it is accomodations similar to a hotel :)  He had gone to the commissary and stocked up, and I had sent along granola bars and a huge bag of craisins which he loves, so he's good for groceries. We also had put in cough drops, sore throat lozenges, etc as when he goes on trips, invariably he would get sick (before Covid.)  So he's all nestled in. A package I sent today will arrive Saturday, it has Pepcid (Famotidine) and Vitamin D. I won't go into a lot of details, let's just say Famotidine is what Trump got when he had Covid. I was way ahead on that, I discussed Famotidine/Pepsid early spring last year.  :)  (Look it up, and Vitamin D.) Always ask your doctor before taking anything based on your health history and other meds you are on. Vitamin D is stored in the liver so you shouldn't go hog wild on that one. 

I'm really sorry he is sick. I hope he does well and gets well quickly. 

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,780

I'm very sorry to hear about it... fingers crossed!

edited February 2021

Thanks everyone :)

Well, after I posted, hubby got a call from the Air Force medical facilities, and if you're military, you know the Air Force has the nicest ones out of all the services. Guess who has Regeneron, that impossible to get experimental Covid19 treatment that Trump got? Yep. They called and asked hubby if he'd be interested. It's an hour to two hour infusion, so we are going to look into it because if it is not covered by Tricare and is astronomically expensive, we'd have to think on it. (Aka, with infusions, it could easy top $15,000, perhaps 25,000. And even then, it depends on how he's doing.)   So we'll know more tomorrow as he's going to find out before he lets them do it. Could NOT find an answer anywhere on the Tricare site, which SUCKS. 

I'm offline the rest of the evening, but I'll post tomorrow in the afternoon. Las Vegas is two hours behind me here in Florida.  

Post edited by Novica on
  • Tim82Tim82 Posts: 858

@Novica, thats great news from a bad situation!!! ....I really hope all is well soon :)

• Sorry for your husband, I wish him to heal quickly, courage Novica

First that is great news Novica. I tried to check the Tricare links I have but ended up in the normal mess I get, including being referred to Medicare. But one link in Google mentioned the military (Army/Navy buying a large quantity of Regeneron). If the Air Force is participating in a clinical trial for the drug, see if he can become a part of it. The medication might be free then.

Regardless, I am keeping him and you in my thoughts.

• xmasrose (aka tulipe)xmasrose (aka tulipe) Posts: 1,403
    edited February 2021

So sorry for your husband. Keeping you two in my thoughts.

Post edited by xmasrose (aka tulipe) on
    edited February 2021

Okay, for the rest of you in case you get into this situation- that drug HAS to be free- here's the links:

Monoclonal Antibodies    Read that section, talks about Regeneron. Then if you click Regeneron you get this page   Note it was in October, and says if the drug got EUA (Emergency Use Authorization) then the federal government agreed it will be FREE. Then next month in November, it got EUA.  I told Mike to get the treatment and if they try to charge us, we refuse to pay. Period. They really, REALLY don't want to mess with me. I'm keeping these pages as documentation.  Here's the news release linked from that second page.

Mike is much worse, fever overnight going to 102 now. He gets that infusion at 9:45 Las Vegas time, so in about three hours. :) 

Post edited by Novica on

memcneil70 said:

First that is great news Novica. I tried to check the Tricare links I have but ended up in the normal mess I get, including being referred to Medicare. But one link in Google mentioned the military (Army/Navy buying a large quantity of Regeneron). If the Air Force is participating in a clinical trial for the drug, see if he can become a part of it. The medication might be free then.

Regardless, I am keeping him and you in my thoughts.

Thanks, you're a sweetheart for trying. Note in my latest post- it should be free for EVERYONE according to those news releases :)   Which it should be!  

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929

get well to your husband Novica

nonesuch00 said:

get well to your husband Novica

Thanks everyone. Appreciate it very much. 

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,813

I'm glad he was able to get the Regeneron and I hope he recovers soon.

edited February 2021

Update: he got the Regeneron at the Ellis AFB area hospital (Las Vegas) and it's not that AFB's hospital, it shares it with another AFB base. It's apparently right outside the main gate and is it's own compound. His temperature is varying between 99 and 101, down from a high of 102. They kept him there an hour to ensure he felt okay. If you get Regeneron, you can not get vaccinated for three months as Regeneron is still in your system. I had him ask if that meant it helped prevent getting the virus, but I haven't talked to him since then. I don't want to make any assumptions. He sounded better and wasn't hardly coughing at all (it was better before he took the Regeneron, so it wasn't that.) 

My husband is a funny guy, very witty. He said he was so achy this morning when he first got up, he was "the Tin Man before he got oiled."   laugh

PS  I passed on your well wishes and he said thank you very much, it was very kind of you. 

Post edited by Novica on
  • Carola OCarola O Posts: 3,823

Sounds like a great guy Novica :) I hope he, and you, get through this without too many hiccups :)

• RainRain Posts: 335

Glad to hear it, Novica.  My best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Excellent news Novica!

Mike's temperature has skyrocketed to 103.3   Will let you know at the end of tonight what is going on. Good news, I found out his Colonel will be in Vegas for another week, so the entire team didn't leave (they were headed to Alaska next.)  Of interest- that Colonel caught Covid and guess where he caught it last month? On a trip to Nellis AFB, exactly where Mike and the Colonel are. I'd sure be in my husband's ear if I were that Colonel's wife! "You are SO not going back there!" 

• Wishing Mike and you all the best. Here's hoping he gets better quickly.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,158

I often stop getting notices on this thread. Wow, I come here and hear that your husband is so sick. I hope Mike is on the mend. It is great that he got the Regeneron. That should help a lot. At least you and your sons are not exposed, since he is away. I'm sure he wishes you were with him, but glad that you are safe at home. 

edited February 2021

@charliejudge @barbult  Thanks! I'm headed to bed to get some sleep, Mike's temp is down to 102. He is going to text me in four hours with his temp, I'm his long distance nurse's aid LOL. I knew if it were me, away from home, knowing someone was monitoring me would help me sleep better. So we're doing that all night if his temp is 102 or more. 

I looked up the side effects of Regeneron and it's possible the fever is from that. Mike agrees it would be better if it was, instead of the virus, because that means it's not unexpected, and perhaps is a result of it's doing it's thing to combat the virus. We both have the sense if it were the virus, it may be less controllable. BTW, another thing I researched- the virus does NOT like humidity in the lungs, so if you are not sure if you have it, do the inhaling steam (from a safe distance of course) / putting a warm washcloth over your nose and breathe in the moisture. Mike says that is really helping and he hardly has a cough (for quite awhile) after doing that. 

Post edited by Novica on
This discussion has been closed.