Novica & Forum Members Tips & Product Reviews Pt 13

Comments

• KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214

So sorry to hear that your husband is so sick, and now his temp has skyrocketed again.  Hopefully the Regeneron will help quickly and he will feel better soon. So sad he has to be away from you with this going on, but at the same time I am sure he is relieved you are safe at home.  

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

Kharma said:

So sorry to hear that your husband is so sick, and now his temp has skyrocketed again.  Hopefully the Regeneron will help quickly and he will feel better soon. So sad he has to be away from you with this going on, but at the same time I am sure he is relieved you are safe at home.  

LOL he isn't the only one! Thanks Kharma.  

• Glad your husband was able to get that treatment. Keeping you in my thoughts.

• DaventakiDaventaki Posts: 1,621

Prayers for your husband.  Hope he gets well soon!

• RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,808

Hope Mike recovers quickly. It's nerve-wracking when a family member or friend comes down with it. Seems like that AFB may need some new procedures if folks going there are coming down with it there.

I think it's the airlines. And they didn't seem to care when Mike did the right thing and called them to tell them about having the virus. (aka so they could contact trace at least the folks sitting next to him.)  And no one asked Mike what flight he was on so they could do that, either. (Aka the doctors.)  No good deed goes unpunished, now the airlines is saying he must have a negative test before he can fly. That's all they cared about.  I think it's so widespread now, it's unmanageable to do contact tracing anymore.

Welcome to early March Madness. One item I think would do well as a regular shirt- the Leisure Wear Pajamas. 

I happened to be shopping the featured stores from another promo, so I have over 45.00 in my cart, so will get the 15% next week. But I am NOT doing that every week to keep getting discounts. I can see that in their scheming heads now. This reminds me of those snowball discounts that got everyone so pissed off (remember you got locked in as they changed what they were doing midstream, and didn't give people a chance to buy enough to get into the next tier before they froze it? I felt SO bad for folks who hadn't shopped that much the previous day/week. Totally unfair.) 

Anyway, I am also getting the Unicorn Iray Knit Shaders, so adorable!     Shanty Bus House looks versatile    and the New Release was Marvellouse Medieval Fabric Iray Shaders   for 2.37   With smaller tiling, some of those would look really dainty/delicate.  Also picking up Wireframe Render for Iray, good for scifi.  

• RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,808

Someone started a threadin Commons on what was your first purchase here. Looked it up and in a few months it will be 20 years ago: May 19, 2001 Victoria 2 SKU 83. How time flies!

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,158

Novica said:

Welcome to early March Madness. One item I think would do well as a regular shirt- the Leisure Wear Pajamas. 

I happened to be shopping the featured stores from another promo, so I have over 45.00 in my cart, so will get the 15% next week. But I am NOT doing that every week to keep getting discounts. I can see that in their scheming heads now. This reminds me of those snowball discounts that got everyone so pissed off (remember you got locked in as they changed what they were doing midstream, and didn't give people a chance to buy enough to get into the next tier before they froze it? I felt SO bad for folks who hadn't shopped that much the previous day/week. Totally unfair.) 

Anyway, I am also getting the Unicorn Iray Knit Shaders, so adorable!     Shanty Bus House looks versatile    and the New Release was Marvellouse Medieval Fabric Iray Shaders   for 2.37   With smaller tiling, some of those would look really dainty/delicate.  Also picking up Wireframe Render for Iray, good for scifi.  

You can render wireframe directly from Daz Studio without any add on product now. Just set the viewport to wireframe (or any other draw mode you choose) and set the render engine to Viewport. Then render. 

• I'm just catching up. Prayers and good vibes sent. Wishing your husband a speedy recovery!

Trish

Before I head off to get some z's, update on Mike- fever was 100 last night, main thing was chills. Around 4am this morning it went to about 99. He is far less achy and coughing is still about the same (much better, like yesterday afternoon.)  One of the team brought some soup, crackers, Gatorade for him and left it at his door, then called to tell him it was there. Was so sweet!  The team member will be there all this week so that's nice to know he's keeping tabs on hubby. :)  

Playing with the cart. Do test to see if two of the new items from today will make it worth your while. With the combinations I came up with, the two new items only ended up costing me 1.40 more than if I didn't buy them. The gift card went up to 18%, and Jellybean went down in price from $4.75 to $3.95    Someone in the sales thread got her down to under $2 and I can't figure that out. I do have the 15% loyalty and still don't get that price. Anyone know how that is happening?

I can't figure out my discounts, the 50% for buying two and the 15% loyalty aren't getting me what I'm getting, but I'm not complaining if you get my gist. I would like to understand what's going on. But on the other hand, Jellybean is not going ultra low for me. How are your carts doing? What discounts are in play for you? I do have the 10% on the Bugaboo poses banner.

edited March 2021

I hate confusing sales!

Post edited by Novica on
  • Carola OCarola O Posts: 3,823

I didn't had any of the 15% discount or such, I had bought stuff three days ago and got that 70% off from Jellybean, and I bought only her. She went down to $1.15 for me, so I took her since it was a cheap way of making sure I had bought something new within three days for tomorrow (in case it is something I want than etc). The only other discount I can think of is the increased discount for new items (40% instead of 30%) and possible this extra 10%

• Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,269

Jellybean for $1.19

Screenshot from 2021-03-01 10-22-48.png
    1920 x 1080 - 321K
  • NathNath Posts: 2,713

I looked at the offers this weekend and today, and I can't help feeling that I've found a different way to save money this month... I wishlisted one or two things, but that's it so far. I just can't be bothered to play cart jenga or work out offers, especially when the buy-in looks to be a lot higher than the potential savings.

Carola O said:

I didn't had any of the 15% discount or such, I had bought stuff three days ago and got that 70% off from Jellybean, and I bought only her. She went down to $1.15 for me, so I took her since it was a cheap way of making sure I had bought something new within three days for tomorrow (in case it is something I want than etc). The only other discount I can think of is the increased discount for new items (40% instead of 30%) and possible this extra 10%

Have you checked out yet? Remember that PM or email I sent you a week or so ago? 

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,158

Nath said:

I looked at the offers this weekend and today, and I can't help feeling that I've found a different way to save money this month... I wishlisted one or two things, but that's it so far. I just can't be bothered to play cart jenga or work out offers, especially when the buy-in looks to be a lot higher than the potential savings.

The $2.99 stuff may get some interesting items. I'll watch that, but the rest - too much hassle. As usual, the sales thread is full of complaints of sales not working, coupons not working, misleading and confusing sale text, prices that make no sense, etc.

I don't understand all the excitement about spending $45 last week to get 15% off for just this week. You'd have to spend $300 in just this week to save enough to recoup that $45. I never spend that much in a week, or even a few months. I guess if you really really wanted that $45 worth of stuff, it was worth the gamble, but not to me.

Maybe there will be irresistible things to come in the future days.

Nath said:

I know the feeling, I am spending today though. I wanted the morphs I could dial in from:

Davac  and  Helga

and I like the Fair Tides outfit, so picking up the textures because I think the outfit could work on a semi-Medieval period which I have in my book I'm working on. (like a mix of fantasy and real. Not trying to be authentic.)  I picked up the pirate hook and peg leg,  (both male and female), the cocktail drinks and some characters. The added 15% works for me because I knew I'd be picking up quite a few wishlist things I'd been waiting on. But yeah, I can see where 15% would be a "woot. Big deal" otherwise unless you really wanted 45.00 of stuff :) 

I got a really good deal on some wishlist items last week plus the Zev0 sale, buying motivation,  which ultimately gave me 15% off this week, I have all the Buggaboo stuff wishlisted but not sure If I want it now or wait for better savings down the road, I am not seeing a huge discount on them even with the 15% off and 20% for buying 2 or more.

edited March 2021

Sorry - double post  When are they gonna fix that

Post edited by Kharma on
  • memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,750
    edited March 2021

So I am totally confused. I decided to check my store credit and decide if I could buy two new items today, even with the discount and found a manual adjustment adding $10.00 to my balance! I have scoured The Commons and PC+ forums and no one else has mentioned it, and I have not received an email from Daz letting me know what it was for and don't have a Customer Service request outstanding for a credit for an issue. 

Anyone have a $10.00 adjustment too? And do you have a clue why?

I like esha's earrings and Nirvana's hair in today's sale. But both could wait if I decide to save the credit. 

I finally got my Lost and Found on my laptop to 89 products, some are newer items released with products missing. Others were fine before the reset but now show something wrong, but I can't find anything, and then there are the older items where I have ran down every possible Poser and Daz file and still can't get it fixed. Or when I do fix it, when I save, Daz strips the catagorization out and puts the Lost and Found line back in. 

But I am finally able to render my characters, hair, and outfits that I have been purchasing since late November. And something I have noticed with the Beta that was released one back and the newest one, characters are loading faster. So I have started working in the Beta again as a routine. Every 5 minutes saved is prized. 

Mary

Post edited by memcneil70 on
  • SeraSera Posts: 1,675

memcneil70 said:

So I am totally confused. I decided to check my store credit and decide if I could buy two new items today, even with the discount and found a manual adjustment adding $10.00 to my balance! I have scoured The Commons and PC+ forums and no one else has mentioned it, and I have not received an email from Daz letting me know what it was for and don't have a Customer Service request outstanding for a credit for an issue. 

Anyone have a $10.00 adjustment too? And do you have a clue why?

Mary

I think there was a recent promotion that promised $10 in credit if you bought something (like maybe a  couple of new releases, or having a cart over $30). Maybe someone else will remember the details. 

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,750

Hmmm, last purchase was 24 Feb for $27.33, then on 19 Feb, a gift card & products at $215.34 and a second purchase after for $51.68. Of course those offer pages are off the site now :-)

I will be totally honest, I just haven't given much time to studying the complex and weird offers for the past few months. Unless something jumped out and really grabbed my attention, I haven't bought things, just wished listed. Going through over 17,000+ items one by one and realizing how few I use multiple times over the past years is a great incentive to not buy more of the same. But even then, I can still search my library for something for a render and not find 'just what I need'. 

Thank you @certaintree38

• SeraSera Posts: 1,675

memcneil70 said:

Going through over 17,000+ items one by one and realizing how few I use multiple times over the past years is a great incentive to not buy more of the same. But even then, I can still search my library for something for a render and not find 'just what I need'. 

I understand that feeling completely!

@memcneil70  Hmmm, now that you mention it, I didn't get that10.00 and IIRC I did whatever I was supposed to do at the time. So we really need to see what that offer was, and if everyone got it. SO glad you brought that up. Mary, sent you a PM

• Carola OCarola O Posts: 3,823

Novica said:

Carola O said:

Have you checked out yet? Remember that PM or email I sent you a week or so ago? 

Oh I've checked out, did that earlier today. As for the PM, I had taken advantage of that already *shameless grin* (atleast if we are talking about the same thing, which I assume :) ) 

So update on Mike's condition- and a recap- he came down with Covid19, ran a 102 fever that night, next day got the Regeneron infusion and ran a 103.5 fever. The fever was 101 the next morning, then 99 the next evening.  The cough was bad (couldn't take a full deep breath) but I had read about the virus not liking humidity and it's very true- steaming water in the sink and breathing deeply helped, and so did warm/hot washcloths over the nose with just a tiny dab of Vicks Vapor Rub. As of today, he's been two solid days of no fever whatsoever, three days of no aches, and two days of very manageable/long periods of time no coughing. He is flying back on Saturday after he gets an all clear.  BTW if you are lucky enough to get the Regeneron infusion (very few are, must be really high risk or the President) then expect to run a high fever that day/night (like the 103) because that's a side effect. It means it's working :)   

Thanks for the support, as always :)  I relayed it to Mike and he was very touched. (Well, after he wasn't running a high fever and could process the well-wishes LOL) 

edited March 2021

So I decided to have some fun. Remember when we played around and you had to use stuff you bought recently in a combination? I decided to take a character, a hair, a critter, a set, and a prop bought within the last 30 days, and try to make a scene. I actually really like the result!  If you feel like taking the challenge, grab a mixture of what you've bought (try to mix categories, so you don't do all hairs, all clothes, etc)  and see what you come up with. It's one way of rendering what you've bought- and I had fun doing it. Rendering it now. (And you're about to see a Rover vehicle on an alien planet LOL) 

Post edited by Novica on
  • RainRain Posts: 335

Novica said:

So update on Mike's condition- and a recap- he came down with Covid19, ran a 102 fever that night, next day got the Regeneron infusion and ran a 103.5 fever. The fever was 101 the next morning, then 99 the next evening.  The cough was bad (couldn't take a full deep breath) but I had read about the virus not liking humidity and it's very true- steaming water in the sink and breathing deeply helped, and so did warm/hot washcloths over the nose with just a tiny dab of Vicks Vapor Rub. As of today, he's been two solid days of no fever whatsoever, three days of no aches, and two days of very manageable/long periods of time no coughing. He is flying back on Saturday after he gets an all clear.  BTW if you are lucky enough to get the Regeneron infusion (very few are, must be really high risk or the President) then expect to run a high fever that day/night (like the 103) because that's a side effect. It means it's working :)   

Thanks for the support, as always :)  I relayed it to Mike and he was very touched. (Well, after he wasn't running a high fever and could process the well-wishes LOL) 

Great news!

This discussion has been closed.