Novica & Forum Members Tips & Product Reviews Pt 13

Comments

• MelanieL said:

SimonJM said:

Robert Freise said:

Novica said:

@nath Aw, he's adorable!

FWI  Over at HiveWire, there's a forum thread you should "watch" because Rendo is working with HW so all your HW products at Rendo will be added to your account- but it's not automatic. You'll have to do something, which will be announced on the thread. The thread title is obvious. Ken has updated Corvus Corvus so you'll be able to grab that once this gets sorted.

Unfortunately I can't log in to Hivewire anymore for some reason 

You need to go direct to the forum: community.hivewired3d.com 

You've got a stray "d" in that address - it should be community.hivewire3d.com 

Found the problem with my login it wanted my old old password instead of the updated one 

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945

Robert Freise said:

MelanieL said:

SimonJM said:

Robert Freise said:

Novica said:

@nath Aw, he's adorable!

FWI  Over at HiveWire, there's a forum thread you should "watch" because Rendo is working with HW so all your HW products at Rendo will be added to your account- but it's not automatic. You'll have to do something, which will be announced on the thread. The thread title is obvious. Ken has updated Corvus Corvus so you'll be able to grab that once this gets sorted.

Unfortunately I can't log in to Hivewire anymore for some reason 

You need to go direct to the forum: community.hivewired3d.com 

You've got a stray "d" in that address - it should be community.hivewire3d.com 

Found the problem with my login it wanted my old old password instead of the updated one 

Sorry about that and thank you Melanie! 

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,151

Glad to hear you got in OK, Robert!

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

Be sure and check out Fast Grab for the Belladzines gals who are more full figured. If you don't like the materials, you can always use someone else's. Jendayi, Rajani, and Palmer are each unique. :) 

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929

I bought the Narwhal, Beluga Whale, and Pilot Whale today, although there discounts where just the 'average DAZ 3D sale discount' and, always a risk with there archaic animal and other models, of the 3 only the Beluga Whale shows in Smart Content. A bit agravating but not too much so.

In case you missed Rawb's post about the biggest new gallery feature:  Here.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929
    edited February 2021

Novica said:

In case you missed Rawb's post about the biggest new gallery feature:  Here.

That's sort of cool. I'd like being able to upload animations better as 2 or 3 from past uploads I would like to make into a short film.

I just looked and viewing the Gallery is again possible but I'm unable to upload any though, not that I've done more than 4 since the galleries went down in November anyway.

=====

You can upload if you do it via editing an entire gallery and then you upload to the add image at the bottom of the gallery & once it's uploaded you go to that page to fill out the info.

If you try to do it via going to the sub gallery and then the add image on that page you are taken to a brand new blank page you upload an image to & fill out the info for and you'll be able to say it there but not actually post it publically.

This is all circa 23:30 on 09 Feb 2021 they will fix it soon probably.

Post edited by nonesuch00 on
  • The gallery is live

• NathNath Posts: 2,713

Robert Freise said:

Am I right 

https://www.daz3d.com/tesla3dcorp-open-apartment Appears to be the following two combined 

https://www.daz3d.com/tesla3dcorp-open-apartment-props

https://www.daz3d.com/tesla3dcorp-open-apartment-environment

Yes, you are. The word 'bundle' would clarify a lot...

• Yes it would

I compared them but decided to ask just in case I was missing something

edited February 2021

Eli HD for Holt 8         dForce Thadeus Hair (G3M / G8M)

Eli has a lot of "irregularities" in his face, aka not smooth and with a few blemishes. He looks really natural. He also has some interesting eye colors, I love the golden brown.

Eli.png
    865 x 951 - 809K
    Post edited by Novica on
  • vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,813

Novica said:

Eli HD for Holt 8         dForce Thadeus Hair (G3M / G8M)

Eli has a lot of "irregularities" in his face, aka not smooth and with a few blemishes. He looks really natural. He also has some interesting eye colors, I love the golden brown.

From what I remember of the Holt 8 thread, Eli was far and away the most popular character in that bundle. Reportedly inspired by Jonah Hex, a DC Comics character.

My one gripe about Eli is with his included default and "receding" hairlines. What I said about him elsewhere was: My critique for Eli is about his default hairline and his "receding" hairline textures. The default hairline [...] is (a) very female, and (b) shows around the edges of any actual male-hairline hair that you might put on him. My objection to his "receding" hairline is that it's only usable if you want to put some other hair on top of it, because it doesn't look like any typical sort of receding hairline -- certainly not on a guy as young as he appears to be. You also have to be careful which hair you put on him when you use that option; if it doesn't have a skull cap, the shape of the receding hairline may show through.

edited February 2021

Caprice HD (G8F)            dForce Duchess Hair (G8F)          Cute Casual Jacket and Skirt (G8F) 

Caprice is an full sized model. As you can see in the closeup promos, the whites of her eyes are definitely pink. I increased the saturation overall, so they are pinker here than they are at default. (But they are still pink at default!)  In addition, the teeth are a bit duller than other characters (but at least not Pepsodent white.)  I have to say I really like the side profile of her face. Her nose is adorable!

The Cute Casual Jacket and Skirt doesn't come with a foot pose, but I found if I applied the shoes after I did several poses, they went on fine, even with high heeled poses. I bought it just for the jacket, that skirt is ridiculous IMO. Note none of the promos have her seated and I didn't bother to try. I wanted to show Caprice's figure and this outfit sure does that. 

Duchess Hair- you may need to drop the hair cap down to 99.8 so you don't get the forehead pokethrough. Depends on your model. I did NOT dForce it, I am just going through my models and not really focusing on hair. The first three renders I didn't do the dForce simulation, the last one I did. It did very nicely!

This one had the hair dForced.

capriceDuchessHr 2.png
    667 x 800 - 558K
    capriceDuchessHr 3.png
    500 x 800 - 269K
    capriceDuchessHr.png
    300 x 600 - 170K
    capriceDuchessHr 4.png
    500 x 800 - 560K
    Post edited by Novica on

@vwrangler   Thanks for the review. :) 

Has anyone gotten characters from sithlordsims? (elsewhere)  I just picked up Karl but I won't be installing him right away. One of his characters (Pedro) has the most exotic leopard/pawprint tattoos- really cool! 

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,813
    edited February 2021

Novica said:

@vwrangler   Thanks for the review. :) 

Has anyone gotten characters from sithlordsims? (elsewhere)  I just picked up Karl but I won't be installing him right away. One of his characters (Pedro) has the most exotic leopard/pawprint tattoos- really cool! 

I've got four: Alex, Benicio, Coilin for G3M and Archie for G8M, as well as the ABC Genetics package they put out to bring the shapes for Alex-Benecio-Coilin from G3M to G8M. They tend to a certain sameness -- SithlordSims is fond of a cerain face shape, and a certain type of long, slim, very muscular body -- but I like them overall. Coilin is kind of amusing; he has what Sithlordsims calls a "big dad" morph, to which I can but say: I do not think that means what they think it means. (Buff with a belly that still has a six-pack is not really a dadbod, no.) One thing to be aware of with Coilin is that he has Leo-style size and scaling -- he's supposed to be about 6-5, and his height is all in his body slider -- so if you try to combine him with another character, they're going to wind up being very tall.

Post edited by vwrangler on

@vwrangler   Good to know! I'll wishlist for now, Karl was half price and the others aren't at the moment. From other stores, I got a hotel lobby and a fishing shack. I wish Daz had rewards, you'd think with the store revamp they would have included that. I used my rewards for $10 off that order. 

Anyway, this weekend I'll be rendering off and on. Anyone else exploring their purchases, feel free to post. :) It's going to be pouring rain here most the weekend, through Sunday evening. I may have to check with the barn owner and see if the horses are going outside at all, and go walk Stetson during the rain breaks. I feel SO bad for those folks in that Texas pileup- 133 cars last time I heard. They have it on CNN and weather.com for you overseas folks to see. 

• Carola OCarola O Posts: 3,823

btw @Novica, sent you a message (realised that notifications may not work with that all the time either :) )

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,750

I saw a clip of the footage this morning. My flatmate has driven that stretch around Fort Worth. Says that if you are going 90mph, you get passed! That was a bad pile-up. 

Still working in my free time on my excessive Lost and Found. Got through the Product Library, now I am tackling the stuff that needs digging into to find what has no categorization or whatever. Working yesterday, I managed to get 14 off, but also had my other computer up, and was able to fix some of its L&F items too. But Holt 8 is stuck in L&F and I cannot find what is wrong with it. On the upside, I am getting real familiar with the Poser file structures!

Novica, love the background and lighting you used in your close-up portrait renders. 

• Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,269
    edited February 2021

memcneil70 said:

I saw a clip of the footage this morning. My flatmate has driven that stretch around Fort Worth. Says that if you are going 90mph, you get passed! That was a bad pile-up. 

Still working in my free time on my excessive Lost and Found. Got through the Product Library, now I am tackling the stuff that needs digging into to find what has no categorization or whatever. Working yesterday, I managed to get 14 off, but also had my other computer up, and was able to fix some of its L&F items too. But Holt 8 is stuck in L&F and I cannot find what is wrong with it. On the upside, I am getting real familiar with the Poser file structures!

Novica, love the background and lighting you used in your close-up portrait renders. 

Used to live up in that area and yeah speed is somewhat of a problem.

When it comes to this type of weather we have three kinds of diver 1 those who don't know how to drive in it 2 those who actually do know how to drive in it and 3 the most dangerous and the ones you have to really watch out for the ones who THINK they know how to drive in it

Post edited by Robert Freise on
  • HylasHylas Posts: 4,780
    edited February 2021

Novica said:

I have Falcon, Coilin, and Yuji (and Bernat, but I haven't gotten around installing him.)

I love Sithlordsims's characters! A lot of it is just personal taste, his style happens to really push my buttons. I put Karl on my wishlist, he looks great!

Coilin has a face that mixes really well with almost anyone. Yuji is probably my favourite male anime style character (but he doesn't mix particularly well). Falcon's face is very handsome but also very distinctive, a combination that I don't always see.

His characters have elongated body morphs. I usually shrink them down some. Coilin and Falcon both have quite small eyes, I usually enlarge them just a little.

Yuji and Falcon both have shiny, toony skin. It's well done and I like it a lot, but don't expect photorealism. Coilin is an older product and his skin out of the box is just so-so, but with a little tweaking I got good results there, too.

Sithlordsims' eye materials aren't great, but that's kind of an irrelevant detail for me. Don't we all have more than enough eye materials?

Overall I give his products two thumbs up!

Post edited by Hylas on
  • nemesis10nemesis10 Posts: 3,268
    edited February 2021

I am a huge fan of Sithlordsim's characters (I may have them all!).  The eyes are the greatest but I have great eye products so that isn't an issue.  I actually like the long torsos and faces he adds to Genesis 8 male's DNA.  I did a little render of Karl with a little added muscle and a render of Michael 8.1 with Michael dialed out and Karl dialed in (and way too much HD products so his skin texture is a bit too much):

Karl.jpeg
    1555 x 1233 - 386K
    Post edited by nemesis10 on

What also caught my eye were the tattoos. I think they're wonderful, and I'm not a tattoo lover. The arm tattoos end with a "cuff" type band which I really like. If you folks like the big cats, Pedro has that wonderful cat and paw prints on his arm.

@nemesis10  Thanks for sharing- I did note the eye textures lacked the speckling (for lack of better word- the mixture of smaller colors) but agree, we can use other eye materials. I see what you mean about the longer torsos- I like those!

@carolao  Thanks for the heads up, it went to my spam folder. I'm getting a lot of those from Daz, don't know what's up with it.

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,780

^ I don't know about Karl, but Falcon's tattoos are LIE. Can be used on other skins.

memcneil70 said:

My goodness, you sure are a bulldog pursuing fixing all that- kudos!

The lighting is the Pro-Studio lights, 17R. The vignette was postwork in Corel Photo Paint, although a reminder that Vignette also exists in the Render pane in Tone Mapping. Easy to apply it! 

• zombietaggerungzombietaggerung Posts: 3,650
    edited February 2021

I'm trying to find something to use one of my PC+ coupons on and, I was wondering if anyone had a review of this: https://www.daz3d.com/futuristic-rustic-office? I've never bought a Tesla3dCorp item, but I know other items by them have had scaling issues. And the lack of people in the promos is a bit...telling. But I do like the look of it, assuming it's properly scaled, so any reviews would be most welcome. Thanks! 

Post edited by zombietaggerung on
    edited February 2021

zombietaggerung said:

I'm trying to find something to use one of my PC+ coupons on and, I was wondering if anyone had a review of this: https://www.daz3d.com/futuristic-rustic-office? I've never bought a Tesla3dCorp item, but I know other items by them have had scaling issues. And the lack of people in the promos is a bit...telling. But I do like the look of assuming it's properly scaled, so any reviews would be most welcome. Thanks! 

I'm in the middle of a render, it's only about 25% done so will be awhile. That 72% would be good for just the props :)  I'm seeing it as $6.15, are you?

Post edited by Novica on

@zombietaggerung   I put a person in the chair, and it has a high back top but yes, it is scaled appropriately IMO. I am trying to simulate the clothes so I can show you. Will check out the desk/other items in a few minutes.

• DaventakiDaventaki Posts: 1,621

zombietaggerung said:

I'm trying to find something to use one of my PC+ coupons on and, I was wondering if anyone had a review of this: https://www.daz3d.com/futuristic-rustic-office? I've never bought a Tesla3dCorp item, but I know other items by them have had scaling issues. And the lack of people in the promos is a bit...telling. But I do like the look of assuming it's properly scaled, so any reviews would be most welcome. Thanks! 

I don't have that set but I do have some of Tesla3dCorp sets and don't remember having any trouble with the ones ive used so far.  Heres a throw together with the Lencino Living Space G8.1 in the dining chairs. NO adjustments made.

Lencino.jpg
    2000 x 1294 - 2M
  • zombietaggerungzombietaggerung Posts: 3,650
    edited February 2021

Novica said:

zombietaggerung said:

I'm in the middle of a render, it's only about 25% done so will be awhile. That 72% would be good for just the props :)  I'm seeing it as $6.15, are you?

Yup, the props look quite cool, that's one of the reasons I was considering it. Thank you for checking on it for me @Novica. And thanks @Daventaki, that looks good to me. smiley

Post edited by zombietaggerung on
This discussion has been closed.