Dain 8

Comments

• mwokeemwokee Posts: 1,275
    Every pro bundle has always been a good product but not always a good value. Many are redundant of what's already been done. I can see people rushing to purchase Dain. A smart PA looking to squeeze a few bucks out of us should whip out a helmet to go with that flight suit.
  • Lindsey said:

Dain 8 includes "dForce Dain 8 Chest Hair" which is a nice suprise as it was not mentioned on his product page, but shown in his promo pics.

Really? His bodyhair is dforce hair? *sigh* Are his eyebrows at least normal fiberhair?

• really considering him and got offered a really sweat deal too buy pro + 3 add ons thinking hd morph, and Ruben and the Fighter get larger discount both look pretty interesting characters and get a TON of freebies including free g8 pro bundle and $30 daz content very very tempting. Came to $64.96 US wich in Australian turns out to be $100.25 not sure if I can afford but still really good deal with all the free stuff I have to pick from lot of interesting good stuff, wonder if I could sell my soul to Daz wait don't think I have one though and I am a red head oh Daz why do you tempt me so

• just looked at my banner got to feb 3 to decide so that's cool too

• DripDrip Posts: 1,138

Aaand it's another stocky overmuscled pinhead male. By now I seriously start to believe that Ollie is the only male with somewhat normal proportions. It's not weird that females appear too tall when the guys have disproportionate short abdomen and chest, and are in general sized relatively short and broad.
    I mean, less than one out of ten guys I know from work or otherwise works out, so what's with all the bloody muscled figures anyway?

The pro-pack contents? Well, apart from the figure, I'd call them useful. Not great, but useful at least. If it wasn''t for the two bonus pro-packs and the $30 DO I got through the banner, I would've maybe bought some of the outfits or hair, but definitely not the figure, even less the pro-pack.

• PsyckosamaPsyckosama Posts: 495
    edited January 2020

I... acutally... LIKE this bundle.

The core character? Solid as a rock.

The secondary characters? Diverse enough that with the three of them you can do a lot. They're entirely different characters not just different takes on the same theme. Outstanding.

The hair is good and solid. The Samurai cut is a bit of a strange choice I'll admit but still has a military feel I guess. The military cut is perfection.

The clothing is also spot on and the only complaints I could have are ones of personal taste. Not too hip on Mass Effect/Halo armor asthetic , but again that's a matter of taste not a complaint about workmanship. The bouncer suit is a strange choice IMHO as the rest of the pack seems rather military, it isn't entirely out of theme (tough guy) and I can see a dozen or so practical uses for a big-guy suit so no complaints here.

The poses are... poses. I tend to glaze over those. There are so many that they tend to blur into eachother over time (no offense to our pose gurus!) but they fit thematically.

As a whole... this is the best Pro bundle I've seen in a good long time and a gold standard of what bundles should look like: Everything is clearly made to top standard with nothing that looks lazy, very well set around a core central theme rather than just tossing together what seems like a random set of outfits, and with a diverse set of characters that completely avoid looking... samey.

A+++

Yeahlaugh and I did get excited when I spotted the uniform on https://www.daz3d.com/griff-hd-for-dain-8 until I realised it's the old https://www.daz3d.com/military-dress-uniform-for-genesis-3-male-s-and-genesis-2-male-s which I already have blush

Easily converted to Genesis 8 Male so all it means is you don't have to buy something new! ;)

Cybersox said:

I haven't even looked at the bonus items.  The clothes and characters sold me immediately. A polynesian character??? A flight suit that actually looks like something in practical use today?  The Bouncer suit WITH wired earpiece and matching poses??   Oh yes, this one is going in the cart..

There's a reason I was gushing over the secondary characters. ;)

And I really didn't notice the earpiece... noice.

Drip said:

Ollie is the only male with somewhat normal proportions.

What.

Post edited by Psyckosama on
  • MunemanMuneman Posts: 219
    edited January 2020

Some of the items in the bundle look a little underdeveloped (or at least, not much was put to show them off with flattering images), but overall Dain seems likes a good character.

But oh, the bargains that come with it... Counting each item in the bundles, I've got 51 items in my cart for $75. Even less considering I got a 25% off gift card during the weekend. Which begs the question... Can I do better? Will the sale get better as the week goes on or do I pull the trigger now? 

Post edited by Muneman on
  • At least it's a guy. 

Also, is it just me or does he look kind of like John Cena?

Nope.  It's not you.  He does.

• ALLIEKATBLUEALLIEKATBLUE Posts: 2,960
    edited January 2020

Very sloppy bundle indeed. Daniel and Manu look frightening.

Post edited by ALLIEKATBLUE on
  • BamboozlerBamboozler Posts: 249
    edited January 2020

Dain looks okay. His associated items look...okay. Other than the flight suit, I feel like I already have all the clothes, with a little kitbashing. 

The only item that interests me is Griff. He's different. 

Post edited by Bamboozler on
  • FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,568

the bundle looks like a recruitment ad

A really bad one! i have been waiting for 'quality" military style content and this ain;t it. the figure looks fine, but the flight suit looks very unrealistic and poorly made as does the merc outfit and most of the others. this release is really starting to make ne believe in the hype that male content is not the same quality as the female content.

• TimbalesTimbales Posts: 2,251
    It looks like his body texture has hair as part of it with no hairless option. Can someone who bought it confirm?
  • Noah LGPNoah LGP Posts: 2,557
    edited January 2020
    Timbales said:
    It looks like his body texture has hair as part of it with no hairless option. Can someone who bought it confirm?

The file list have one torso diffuse map.

/Runtime/Textures/DAZ/Characters/Genesis8/Dain8/Dain8TorsoD_1002.jpg

http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/64563/file_list

But the body hair seems to be another part

/People/Genesis 8 Male/Anatomy/Dain 8 Chest Hair/Dain 8 Chest Hair.duf

Post edited by Noah LGP on
  • WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,740
    edited January 2020
    Drip said:

Aaand it's another stocky overmuscled pinhead male. By now I seriously start to believe that Ollie is the only male with somewhat normal proportions. It's not weird that females appear too tall when the guys have disproportionate short abdomen and chest, and are in general sized relatively short and broad.
    I mean, less than one out of ten guys I know from work or otherwise works out, so what's with all the bloody muscled figures anyway?

The pro-pack contents? Well, apart from the figure, I'd call them useful. Not great, but useful at least. If it wasn''t for the two bonus pro-packs and the $30 DO I got through the banner, I would've maybe bought some of the outfits or hair, but definitely not the figure, even less the pro-pack.

Most guys I Iknow work out, but not to that extent! Very few movie stars are even that bulky! I'd much rather see a Brad Pitt/Chris Pine kind of guy. Of course it's easily dialed out but wondering why there are so many over buff guys? We already have a ton with those morphs...

And I see a ton of bouncers here in LA, and no one dresses like that. I've never seen a guy in a spandex clingy too small suit where you can see every muscle through the suit in my life in fact...

Post edited by Wonderland on
  • LucielLuciel Posts: 475
    Drip said:

Now now, everyone knows that "realism" comes from HD morphs. The more liney and bumpy the more realistic, it doesn't matter if they have tube bodies, gorilla arms and look like when you watch a 4:3 show in widescreen stretch mode. cheeky

Every guy does seem to have the creepy dad look though, which is fairly widespread in actuality. surprise

• Carola OCarola O Posts: 3,823

Anyone have a clue where the dogtags are from? Since he's weaing them in almost every promo.

I too would like to know where the dogtags are from, I've been wanting dogtags that are for Genesis 8 Males since I have trouble fitting the ones for g3m onto g8m... I got happy when I saw that Dain was wearing them in nearly all of his promos, only to be disapointed as None of his products seems to include them :/

On the whole, I like Dain as the character and I like some of his clothing. I'm finding the lack of promos on so many products Extremely sloppy and get a feeling that it's something that is just slapped together to silence those of us that has been waiting for a new male figure. It looks very unprofessional in my opinion and close to insulting honestly, almost like they are saying "here's your male, now be quiet"

I don't think that is what they wanted to have it look like, but that's the feeling it kidna give to me. And again I do like Dain and I hope I be able to get him and the products I liked soon, but I suspect it will have to wait until my next payment which isn't until mid february.

On another note, which doesn't really fit in here I guess. But I honestly wish they could go back to release the core characters ONCE a Month, as it is now (twice a month, or sometimes more) it's simply too many for me personally to have a chance to even try to buy them, simply because it gets way too expensive and food is kinda more important than 3d content after all :)

• ThyranqThyranq Posts: 584

At least it's a guy. 

Also, is it just me or does he look kind of like John Cena?

I don't know.

I CAN'T SEE HIM! bahahahahahaha

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,740

I'm laughing at the Manu promo. There are NO promo pics and what we get from the description is that he's down-to-earth and has a lot of hobbies! That's the first thing I check for using characters in my art, I make sure the character has hobbies lol.

• Woo hoo! It’s a male and ther are a lot of add-ons for a change. Plus, the deal this time was actually really good. Much better than the last female deal was as far as I’m concerned. 

As for look alike, he reminded me of the late Paul Walker from the Fast and Furious franchise (main promo where it’s his head and he’s looking to the left).

Jason

• TimbalesTimbales Posts: 2,251
    Noah LGP said:
    Timbales said:

The file list have one torso diffuse map.

/Runtime/Textures/DAZ/Characters/Genesis8/Dain8/Dain8TorsoD_1002.jpg

http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/64563/file_list

But the body hair seems to be another part

/People/Genesis 8 Male/Anatomy/Dain 8 Chest Hair/Dain 8 Chest Hair.duf

Yeah, it looks like he comes with dforce chest hair, which is nice, but there also appears to be chest hair as part of the torso texture. His arms and legs appear hairless, with no dforce hair on them.
  • HavosHavos Posts: 5,306

I know Daz gets some stick for promoting female bundles better than male ones, but there is no denying this is a far more generous offer than the one for CJ. With CJ you could pick up a rather paultry $20 of free items, but with Dain, assuming you have the banner, it comes to 2 extra pro bundles and $120 worth of other freebies. That is quite a difference.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

no banner for me.  will get my hubba hubba on with just the base.

• GreybroGreybro Posts: 2,482

Man, the freebies with the pro bundle were crazy! The PBundle deal got me once again.

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    Lindsey said:

Dain 8 includes "dForce Dain 8 Chest Hair" which is a nice suprise as it was not mentioned on his product page, but shown in his promo pics.

Thank you.  I was wondering about this.  SOLD!  WOOF 

• Chou-VertChou-Vert Posts: 122

Dain? More like "Dang!"

The promotional images are very very lacking.  I'm trying to see what some of the characters look like, there is like ONE promo image for each product.  I hate when DAZ rushes out a release and doesn't have all the i's dotted and t's crossed.  Grrrrrrrrrrrr angry

edited January 2020

Plus, there is a very noticable poke through on the Kalen' characters last promo image

Post edited by RAMWolff on
  • Worlds_EdgeWorlds_Edge Posts: 2,145

Griff looks really good. I'm planning to get the bundle after work.  Agree the promotions for most of the products are not up par.

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,443

the promos are terrible. whats up with that? 
    None of the clothes dforce ... someone mentioned the scarf, it would probably look better with dforce. 

Griff // someone mentioned the uniform as being same as before..it does not come with him ..he is a character - afaik. 

Even with all the free stuff with the banner and all, my total is still pretty high - $64 .. the HD addon jumps it $11 alone. BUT ... i think 2pro bundles and $120 worth of free is a big decent deal. 

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

the body hair spurs the thought  'manscape'  smiley