ot Blizzardy Warning? whiskey tango foxtrot

Comments

• Well, we can't help with the snow, but let me try to warm you a little: Best "The snow here is so bad" story posted here in the next 60 minutes wins a $100 credit in your account.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

snow is so bad, cant reach buppies for hugs

• ByrdieByrdie Posts: 1,781

Does it have to be a recent snowfall? Because when I was around 3 or 4 years old, it got so high in my back yard if you stood on even a small snowbank, you were in danger of hitting the powerlines. Light poles, to be fair, were a bit shorter than they are now. And yes, I can prove it, if I dig through my photo album. wink

edited February 2016

snow is so bad in minotaur land, he cant wear his legs

ca minotaur4.png
    1240 x 930 - 765K
    Post edited by Mistara on
  • frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,762

Us in NE Ohio are suppose to be getting 10-14 inches tonight through tomorrow

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,723

N/A comment, but when I did my military service I learned a saying from the folks up North in Sweden: "It's so cold you pee barbed wire and shit bricks"

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,929

Interestingly, there are theories that space/time is quantized.

So, yes, the universe is pixelated. ;)

(Mostly) Typical winter where I live. That's my uncle shoveling the roof, a couple of days before the last big blackout. So far we haven't had this much snow, but winter ain't over yet. 

DSCF4437.jpg
    800 x 533 - 132K

More from the same day. 

DSCF4446.jpg
    800 x 533 - 127K
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited February 2016

NAE   but  When we first moved to Wales the snow was so bad that our little dog lost his balls, 

Post edited by Chohole on

snow is so bad her tambourine isnt rine-ing

best i could do in an hour lol

Doc2.png
    600 x 801 - 154K
    142.png
    956 x 400 - 92K
    edited February 2016

Shoveling The Roof 2: Ladder Not Required!

(Btw, we no longer have that thermometer, it blew off the house in last week's storm. surprise)

IMG_2792.jpg
    654 x 872 - 165K
    IMG_2791.jpg
    654 x 872 - 130K
    Post edited by Byrdie on
  • Interestingly, there are theories that space/time is quantized.

So, yes, the universe is pixelated. ;)

I heard at one time that the quantum smallest unit of time was nicknamed a "jiffy".  surprise I haven't heard it lately so maybe they came up with a better name. sad

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,365
    edited February 2016

Sorry I missed the contest.  The snow here is so bad that ... devil

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,827

...the snow is so bad it decided to give us a miss out here and hit the East Coast again.

Snow so bad even Lucifer is scared of it, gets any more evil he'll be out of a job ... and there'll be ice skating parties in Hell. devil

edited February 2016

..actually according to Dante's vision, the Ninth Circle of Hell really is frozen over.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • Okay, so the winners of the contest are: MistyMist and Byrdie.  Each of you will be getting a $100 credit in your accounts!!

...congratulations.

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,723

Congrats - now go buy some content and start some renders to keep warm!

• MistyMist said:

fer crying outloud, it's snowing outside.

yes , and it's sleeting and freezing rain-ing too.

surprise Would say something witty but still trying to pick myself off the floor. 

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,044

Back in the late 90s just outside Omaha NE, in a snowstorm, I spit and watched it bounce off the asphalt... It froze in midair. But that was a constant 25-30 mph wind with sub zero temps.

• SlimerJSpudSlimerJSpud Posts: 1,453

I used to go to Boston on business trips now and then. One time, it was SO COLD, I decided to go for an early morning walk ON the Charles River. It was up around Waltham. The rental car agency on that trip gave me a ridiculous station wagon with a luggage rack on the roof. Can you fay, "Family Truckster"? Sure you can. The luggage rack had about 8 inches of snow on top. Rather than dig it all out of the luggage rack, I just drove off. Given the way they drive in Boston, a car throwing snowdrifts at the other cars was probably no big deal...

edited February 2016

That's nothing! Gets so cold around here sometimes the whole harbour has been known to freeze over and you can walk across it to the south side. Have you ever played ice hockey on the Atlantic Ocean? Without being on a boat?There's some Newfoundlanders that can say they have, and it wouldn't be a lie nor a tall tale either.

Post edited by Byrdie on
  • SlimerJSpudSlimerJSpud Posts: 1,453
    Byrdie said:

That's nothing! Gets so cold around here sometimes the whole harbour has been known to freeze over and you can walk across it to the south side. Have you ever played ice hockey on the Atlantic Ocean? Without being on a boat?There's some Newfoundlanders that can say they have, and it wouldn't be a lie nor a tall tale either.

I guess that gives a whole new meaning to "The shot went out of play." laugh

That's what happens when a seal makes off with the puck. wink

wah?  thanks!!!  sure helps alleviate the snow glooms

Having never won anything like this here before, how do we claim our prize? 

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,044

Wait... That was a real contest?  I didn't even mention I slipped down the deck stairs and got attacked by a love starved snowman... Megh... Oh well, a day late and a dollar short always.... No really, the friggin snowman took the dollar I had in my jacket too.  

I hate winter.