GenX2 and Genesis 2 AddOn released! [Commercial]

Comments

• Dimension3DDimension3D Posts: 464
    edited December 1969

When you use "Victoria 4" as shape and "Genesis 2 Female" as target in the "Presets" tab, GenX assumes that you use the V4 shape morph of Genesis transferred from Genesis to Genesis 2 Female as basic shape. Hence, it includes the Genesis shape for Genesis 2 Female and the V4 shape in the translated poses. So, this is the intended behavior.

As an alternative, you can use "Victoria 4 (Clone)" as shape, this will assume the V4 clone automatically transferred by GenX as base shape.

Or you uncheck "shaping morphs" after "Include" in the options part of the "Presets" tab, then GenX will create the pose without setting any base shape. This will require to set the V4 base shape in G2F manually before/after applying the translated pose.

edited December 1969

I have another question though. I can transfer my morphs onto Generation 6 figures, but what are the terms of use for distributing my stuff then? What about additional DSFs like Genesis Eye Translation, are we allowed and required to include them? All tips please :).

For GenX, there are no limitations in what you are allowed to do with the transferred morphs. The manual states this in its preface. However, you are responsible to respect any copyrights that may hold for the transferred morphs. This holds for both, any source morphs you are using, but also for the process of recalcuting morphs as such. Any automatically converted morphs like the clone morphs are still copyrighted.

I'm selling Morphing Clothes (which is doing a similar morph recalculation) and GenX for several years now, and I am not aware of anyone claiming the morph recalculation process itself would infringe any copyrights, even if it relies partly on copyrighted material. Also, I know that several vendors in the Poser / DAZ Studio community are selling products with morphs transferred by Morphing Clothes or GenX. So, I would not expect problems, but this is just my personal opinion, no legal advice. To be sure, you have to ask a lawyer (or DAZ or any other copyright holder of the involved material).

Finally, there are some special correction morphs included in GenX2 to deal with the differences in jaw rigging. These are copyrighted and cannot be included in any distribution. However, they are used only when translating jaw rotation/translation, which is rare for character morphs, and mainly used for expressions.

Eye translation is just a value for the translate parameters, I don't think that something that simple could be considered copyrighted. Again, just my opinion. If it's required for a character to work, include it.

• MBuschMBusch Posts: 547
    edited December 1969

When you use "Victoria 4" as shape and "Genesis 2 Female" as target in the "Presets" tab, GenX assumes that you use the V4 shape morph of Genesis transferred from Genesis to Genesis 2 Female as basic shape. Hence, it includes the Genesis shape for Genesis 2 Female and the V4 shape in the translated poses. So, this is the intended behavior.

As an alternative, you can use "Victoria 4 (Clone)" as shape, this will assume the V4 clone automatically transferred by GenX as base shape.

Or you uncheck "shaping morphs" after "Include" in the options part of the "Presets" tab, then GenX will create the pose without setting any base shape. This will require to set the V4 base shape in G2F manually before/after applying the translated pose.

Hum... if I understand correctly, GenX includes booths shapes in the translated presets: Genesis shape for Genesis 2 Female and the V4 shape. This is not working as GenX is including just the Genesis Shape for Genesis 2 Female and missing the V4 shape. I am wondering if this happens because I have some duplicated legacy shapes for some figures once I have the Legacy Shapes for Genesis 2 from slosh and the DAZ Shapes for Genesis installed. Anyway, as I said this is not a big deal, I just dial the correct shape and re-save the preset, just I still cannot understand why the Genesis shape is included, once there are a V4 shape for Genesis 2.

edited December 1969

When I created GenX2, there were no gen4 shapes for G2. So, I assumed to either use the V4 clone shape (automatically transferred from G1 to G2 by GenX) or the V4 shape for Genesis (manually transferred from G1 to G2) as the V4 base shape on G2. The latter requires to set both, the Genesis shape for G2 and the transferred V4 shape, hence this is what the shaping preset includes.

For the gen4 shapes for G2 (from slosh and MallenLane), there is currently no way to include the morph value in the shaping presets generated by GenX. You have to turn off "shaping morph" in the presets tab and set the morph manually.

Because there are also differences in rigging, I will include own transfer schemes for the gen4 shapes for G2 in the next update for GenX2.

• MBuschMBusch Posts: 547
    edited December 1969

When I created GenX2, there were no gen4 shapes for G2. So, I assumed to either use the V4 clone shape (automatically transferred from G1 to G2 by GenX) or the V4 shape for Genesis (manually transferred from G1 to G2) as the V4 base shape on G2. The latter requires to set both, the Genesis shape for G2 and the transferred V4 shape, hence this is what the shaping preset includes.

For the gen4 shapes for G2 (from slosh and MallenLane), there is currently no way to include the morph value in the shaping presets generated by GenX. You have to turn off "shaping morph" in the presets tab and set the morph manually.

Because there are also differences in rigging, I will include own transfer schemes for the gen4 shapes for G2 in the next update for GenX2.

Thank you for clarify the issue. Anyway, I need to tell you that after I deleted and re-translate the morphs just from Generation 4 I am getting the translated presets without Genesis and any another base figure, which is fine to me. I just dial the legacy base figure and all works.

May I ask you one more question? I am getting some duplicated morphs in the list, as example: V4_CRLArmsFront-Bacj_BODY and V4_CRLArmsFront-Bacj_chest, or V4_PBMHipsCrest_BODY and V4_PBMHipsCrest_hip. The question: is it that correct or I am missing something? I cannot see duplicated morphs in the original figure.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,706
    edited December 1969

are there plans for any more plugins for GenX2?

edited December 1969

MBusch: Actually, many morphs are duplicated in V4, one time as a controller in the BODY actor, one time as a morph in a particular body part. GenX has options to filter out these duplicates, but this is not 100% reliable because of sometimes rather complex dependencies between different controllers. The file name of the transferred morphs includes the originating actor at the end, in you examples BODY and chest/hip. If both morphs are doing the same, you can delete one. Keep the one with BODY, this should be the one used by translated shaping presets.

Kulay Wolf: Any wishes? I considered Sam/Sadie and Mavka, but there seems to be not much request for them. Also, only figures with an existing clone morph for Genesis can be supported by GenX, because it requires the (copyrighted) base shape to exist, so there are not much more options.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,706
    edited December 1969

I was wanting a Sadie plugin as I have the original Sadie and Genesis Sadie, but would like to use the original Sadie Morphs on Genesis 1/2. Sam would be great too.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,162
    edited December 1969

I'm pretty sure I found a bug in GenX2.

I tried to transfer the Bell shape to Genesis 2 Female. The Bell head and body inject PZ2 files dial values for various V4 morphs. So I selected and transferred the non-zero morphs with the Transfer tab and then I transferred head and body presets with the Presets tab. Although I was very careful to select Victoria 4 as the shape and Genesis 2 Female for the Target, the resulting preset file applied GXC_Genesis at full strength instead of GXC_Victoria4. When I applied the presets to Genesis 2 Female, the result looked horrible, as you can imagine. I edited the preset DUF file to change GXC_Genesis to GXC_Victoria4 and it works correctly (as far as I can tell by looking at it).

edited December 1969

This "bug" has been discussed just a few posts before on this page in detail. In short, GenX assumes the V4 shape for Genesis transferred to Genesis 2 as the base shape, so both, the Genesis shape and the V4 shape have to be set on Genesis 2 as base shape. Uncheck “shaping morphs” to translate the pose without a base shape if you another base shape.

The various generation 4 shapes for Genesis 2 have been released shortly before/after GenX, so I did not support them directly in GenX. I will do so in an upcoming free update.

edited December 1969

This "bug" has been discussed just a few posts before on this page in detail. In short, GenX assumes the V4 shape for Genesis transferred to Genesis 2 as the base shape, so both, the Genesis shape and the V4 shape have to be set on Genesis 2 as base shape. Uncheck “shaping morphs” to translate the pose without a base shape if you another base shape.

The various generation 4 shapes for Genesis 2 have been released shortly before/after GenX, so I did not support them directly in GenX. I will do so in an upcoming free update.

I apologize for rehashing old information already discussed. :red: How did I miss that or not understand that it was the same issue??? How embarrassing! I hope you'll forgive my stupidity this time. I'm still a brand new user of this product (never had the original GenX) so I'm still learning the subtleties. I am enjoying it, though. I'll go back and study the older posts. Now that I have a little experience, they will probably make a lot more sense to me.
  • tgamble85tgamble85 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Hey guys - would love some help before I make a purchasing decision.

I would really appreciate a breakdown of what I need to do (if possible) to achieve my desired results.

I am working in Daz4.6 on a Mac. I have a Genesis 2 Male that I want to use character injection morphs from an M4 character with. Do I need both:
    Genesis Generation X2 and the GenX2 AddOn for Genesis 2 ?? Seems like a definitely need both, just want to make sure.

ALSO, the character - actually a set of character from a certain artist - all use .pz2 files for the injection morphs. Will I be able to use these M4 .pz2 character morphs on my G2M when I've initiated the GenX2 product(s)? Or will I only be able to use .duf?

If the .pz2 morphs won't work, does anyone know of a way to convert morphs from the .pz2 format into .duf files?

Sort of a newb, so laymens terms would be much appreciated!!! Thank you very much!!!!

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

tgamble85 said:
    Hey guys - would love some help before I make a purchasing decision.

I would really appreciate a breakdown of what I need to do (if possible) to achieve my desired results.

I am working in Daz4.6 on a Mac. I have a Genesis 2 Male that I want to use character injection morphs from an M4 character with. Do I need both:
    Genesis Generation X2 and the GenX2 AddOn for Genesis 2 ?? Seems like a definitely need both, just want to make sure.

ALSO, the character - actually a set of character from a certain artist - all use .pz2 files for the injection morphs. Will I be able to use these M4 .pz2 character morphs on my G2M when I've initiated the GenX2 product(s)? Or will I only be able to use .duf?

If the .pz2 morphs won't work, does anyone know of a way to convert morphs from the .pz2 format into .duf files?

Sort of a newb, so laymens terms would be much appreciated!!! Thank you very much!!!!

Yes, you need the Genesis2 AddOn. GenX2 comes with support for Genesis1 and V4/M4. You also need http://www.daz3d.com/michael-4-for-genesis-2-male to be able to use M4 skins on G2M.

If the character is a single dial you don't need a preset; if it isn't, GenX2 will create the .duf preset.

• mmkdazmmkdaz Posts: 335
    edited December 1969

Thank you for your product and hard work!

• MadDemon64MadDemon64 Posts: 18
    edited December 1969

*** Reminder: GenX2 upgrade offer ends August 15 ***

MadDemon64: Only Poser figures and morphs are loaded by drag'n'drop from the content library. Genesis figures are loaded directly from the "Source" button. All morphs are loaded automatically. If some morphs are not listed, morphs for Genesis may be installed in more than one content folder. DS will load them in that case, but GenX only loads the morphs from the data folder where the geometry is located. You can simply move all the files into one data folder to fix this.

Ok, I tried this, and now it is detecting them, but it is giving me a "Error creating morph from clone" message.

edited December 1969

Just to be sure about the context, what are the source and target figures? If both are Genesis (1 or 2) figures, this shouldn't happen if all morphs for each figure are in the same content library (i.e. data folder). Otherwise, there may be other reasons as well.

• MadDemon64MadDemon64 Posts: 18
    edited December 1969

Just to be sure about the context, what are the source and target figures? If both are Genesis (1 or 2) figures, this shouldn't happen if all morphs for each figure are in the same content library (i.e. data folder). Otherwise, there may be other reasons as well.

Honestly I am unsure what the sources are.

edited December 1969

The source is the figure you load with the Source button. Depending on the source and target figure, different clone morphs are required. So, knowing the source and target figure helps me to know what particular morph is not found by GenX.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560
    edited December 1969

I have a question:

In general I am very successful at porting morphs from gen 4 over to gen 2 using the drag and drop method and create morph from a injection. However, I recently purchased a character, whose body I was able to port over, but his head morph won't port over? There is nothing exceptional about the head that I can see.

Any suggestions?

I usually load the source shape, then drag the inj files form the poser directories onto the gen x panel. Then create a single morph from that. And it did work for the body- but not the head for some reason.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560
    edited December 1969

Never mind. Oddly, I had to inject M4 with the morphs ++ then load another saved version of the shape that I had saved onto it, and succeeded in converting the head.

• viluvuluviluvulu Posts: 72
    edited December 1969

Just bought Generation X2 and the genesis 2 addon.

In the Source button i don't have Victoria 4 and in the shape button i don't have legacy or clone.

Could this happen if Vic4 and genesis 2 are installed on different locations?

edited December 1969

Only the Genesis figures are listed automatically on the Source button. For Poser figures, you have to load them first from the DS library as described in the manual. The shape selection becomes active only after loading a source figure.

• viluvuluviluvulu Posts: 72
    edited December 2014

Thanks. That explained it in a way i could understand and now i have vic 4 listed.

I have been reading the manual over and over again. Maybe i need glasses.
    But how to i get to choose in the shape section that the genesis character is using victoria 4 shape? (legacy or clone).

Or will it apply the morphs automatically no matter in which folder i have installed the legacy shape morphs?

Edit. Light bulb went on and now i understand ;)

Post edited by viluvulu on
  • mmkdazmmkdaz Posts: 335
    edited December 1969

Question:

I would like to transfer "dial" morphs from V4 to G6. Specifically, I want to transfer Elite Ethnic morphs that allow you to use dials to morph a result. Can someone explain how to transfer these face morphs using the batch process? Thankyou.

edited December 1969

To batch transfer characters or expressions that come as poses or shaping presets, you can use the "presets" tab of GenX. Simply add all poses to the list of this tab (e.g. by drag'n'drop from the library or a file manager). Select V4 as source and Genesis 2F as target. Set the apropriate options like the output path and hit "Translate".

For the created shaping presets to work, you should first transfer all morphs used by these poses in the "transfer" tab from V4 to G2F. The presets tab will report morphs that are used by the poses if they are missing.

However, note that the transferred morphs only will look the same on G2F when you morph G2F into V4 shape. This can be done for the head only in case of Ethnic face morph. How it will look if you mix the transferred morphs with other G2F morphs like G6 is up to experimentation.

• wargiswargis Posts: 142
    edited December 1969

Hi! I wonder, is there a way with GenX or GenX2 to transfer partial body and head morphs from V4\M4 to Genesis 2 Male and Females? I mean not full body or full head morphs, but separate morphs for Vicky's nose, breasts, lips etc, especially when in the Poser injection format (pz2). For example, like these ones - BMV4 Breast morphs (http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?ViewProduct=91402) or these Efindel Ears - (http://www.sharecg.com/v/53728/gallery/11/Poser/Efindels-Curled-Elf-Ears-for-V4-and-M4) and many similar morphs, intended for Generation 4 figures? 'd like to try Gen X2 and I've read PDF manual for GenX2, but I haven't found there how to convert such partial morphs from Generation 4 to Genesis of Genesis2. But I found this thread - http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/46527/, where someone mentioned he could transfer nose morphs from Gen 4 and Gen 3 with Gen X2 plugin. Couldn't anyone here explain me, is it possible really? How to get it through GenX2?

edited December 1969

There are essentially two transfer modes in GenX. Probably most used (and described in tutorials) is the "Create Single Morph" mode, where a complete character maybe consisting of several morphs is transferred into one single morph. The other mode is "Selected Morphs", where each individual morph is transferred seperately. Both modes are described in the manual in the quick start section.

However, be aware that GenX transfers morphs, i.e. relative changes of the mesh, not the shape itself. When transferring morphs from V4 to G2F, you only get the same shape from a morph when you morph G2F in V4 shape before. Still, partial morphs like you named may work fine with the unmorphed G2F well, just giving not exactly the same result as on V4.

• HavosHavos Posts: 5,306
    edited December 1969

wargis said:
    Hi! I wonder, is there a way with GenX or GenX2 to transfer partial body and head morphs from V4\M4 to Genesis 2 Male and Females? I mean not full body or full head morphs, but separate morphs for Vicky's nose, breasts, lips etc, especially when in the Poser injection format (pz2). For example, like these ones - BMV4 Breast morphs (http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?ViewProduct=91402) or these Efindel Ears - (http://www.sharecg.com/v/53728/gallery/11/Poser/Efindels-Curled-Elf-Ears-for-V4-and-M4) and many similar morphs, intended for Generation 4 figures? 'd like to try Gen X2 and I've read PDF manual for GenX2, but I haven't found there how to convert such partial morphs from Generation 4 to Genesis of Genesis2. But I found this thread - http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/46527/, where someone mentioned he could transfer nose morphs from Gen 4 and Gen 3 with Gen X2 plugin. Couldn't anyone here explain me, is it possible really? How to get it through GenX2?

Yes you can do this. In the GenX panel you load V4 first, and then load the injection file to add the additional morphs you have mentioned. After this you can look in the morph list panel and select the morphs you want to transfer, and then pick the Mode: Selected Morphs, select Genesis 2 Female as your Target and then press Transfer.

As a word of advice, I would only transfer the morphs you actually need, rather than copying over all the V4 morphs you have. Every morph you transfer will further bloate the memory size of the Genesis/Genesis2 figure when it is loaded, and if you have multiple figures in your scene this can quickly run into multiple GBs of memory needed.

edited December 1969

I accidentally transferred a group of Genesis morphs to G2M instead of G2F. Can I just go to the Data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 2\Male\Morphs\D3D Gen X\Genesis folder and delete them?

• RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,799
    edited December 1969

barbult said:
    I accidentally transferred a group of Genesis morphs to G2M instead of G2F. Can I just go to the Data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 2\Male\Morphs\D3D Gen X\Genesis folder and delete them?

Yep. I do that when I make accidental transfers. :)