GenX2 and Genesis 2 AddOn released! [Commercial]

Comments

• RenpatsuRenpatsu Posts: 828
    edited December 1969

Some problem here ...

I transferred my Studio content over to an external drive to lessen the strain on my Mac Book Pro hard drive, the new path being "/Volumes/Mac External/Studio/Content". Since then I am no able to load Genesis, nor G2F / G2M via the GenX "Source" button. Loading a cr2 via "Load Figure" within said path works without a problem. I don't have a problem loading Genesis, G2F, or G2M into DAZ Studio itself so the path and content directory manager setup appears to be in order (and the previously mentioned path is the only one in my setup).

There is no tale telling error message other than the following:

GenX - Loading figure: Genesis
    Loading figure ...
    /Volumes/Mac External/Studio/Content/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Genesis.dsf
    Error loading figure.

The DAZ Studio log doesn't tell anything that could add to this.

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 7,801
    edited December 1969

Hello all

Just a quick render of an A3 morph converted to GenX2.
    Some of the Gen3 morphs look very nice when the Genesis 2 details are added.

GenX2_Alien_A3_morph_with_Creature_GenX2F_details_added.jpg
    1950 x 1377 - 570K
  • Dimension3DDimension3D Posts: 464
    edited December 1969

Renpatsu said:
    Some problem here ...

I transferred my Studio content over to an external drive to lessen the strain on my Mac Book Pro hard drive, the new path being "/Volumes/Mac External/Studio/Content". Since then I am no able to load Genesis, nor G2F / G2M via the GenX "Source" button. Loading a cr2 via "Load Figure" within said path works without a problem. I don't have a problem loading Genesis, G2F, or G2M into DAZ Studio itself so the path and content directory manager setup appears to be in order (and the previously mentioned path is the only one in my setup).

There is no tale telling error message other than the following:

GenX - Loading figure: Genesis
    Loading figure ...
    /Volumes/Mac External/Studio/Content/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Genesis.dsf
    Error loading figure.

The DAZ Studio log doesn't tell anything that could add to this.

I tested on my Mac Mini, there should be no problem for GenX to load content from an external drive. The progress window shows the correct location for Genesis.dsf, so the geometry file is found. In that case, the message means that GenX can't load the file for whatever reason.

Did you change anything else besides moving the content library to the external drive? There's a known problem with some compressed files, but files compressed by DS should not be affected.

• SLoTH_XVXSLoTH_XVX Posts: 199
    edited December 1969

I must be missing something somewhere....

I figured out how to (I think) transfer a character from M4 into Gen2 Male but when I load Gen2 Male the 'transferred' morph is not showing up as a morph anywhere in the shaping tab for Gen2 Male.....What am I missing?

Untitled1.jpg
    462 x 778 - 76K
  • Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited December 1969

Did you reload G2M? It won't appear on one already existing in the scene.

edited December 1969

Yep, restarted Studio and reloaded Gen2 Male.....

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,760
    edited December 1969

Not at computer at the moment but ever since I transferred morphs to G2M I keep getting duplicate formula errors when loading G2M. Is there a way to fix the error or redo the transfers from scratch as it took me a while to learn how to do the transfers properally.

• RenpatsuRenpatsu Posts: 828
    edited December 1969

I tested on my Mac Mini, there should be no problem for GenX to load content from an external drive. The progress window shows the correct location for Genesis.dsf, so the geometry file is found. In that case, the message means that GenX can't load the file for whatever reason.

Did you change anything else besides moving the content library to the external drive? There's a known problem with some compressed files, but files compressed by DS should not be affected.

I will double check. It could be that DIM overwrote the dylib you sent to me. I probably won't be able to test this out today, but tomorrow should work then. I still have the dylib in mail, so it is not lost :)

edited December 1969

SLoTH_XVX: You can search for the morph as follows. First, use the parameters tab (some morphs may not showing in the shaping tab) and use the search feature to look for the name of the morph you transferred. If it is there, you found it. Otherwise, look into /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 2/Male/Morphs/D3D Gen X/Michael 4/ to see if the morph file is there. If not, try to transfer the morph again (or some other morphs) to see if you get an error message. If the file is there, look into the DAZ Studio log file ("Help > Troubleshooting > Show Log File") if you get an error message there for loading the morph.

Kulay Wolf: If you get "duplicate formula" errors when loading a figure, the DAZ Studio log file should show what morph file is causing this. To open the log file, use "Help > Troubleshooting > Show Log File". You may delete the morph file or edit the formulas section to solve the problem. (This also may be a conflict between two morphs that are trying to establish the same dependency.)

Renpatsu: Let me know if it was the known problem or may be something new.

edited December 1969

SLoTH_XVX: You can search for the morph as follows. First, use the parameters tab (some morphs may not showing in the shaping tab) and use the search feature to look for the name of the morph you transferred. If it is there, you found it. Otherwise, look into /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 2/Male/Morphs/D3D Gen X/Michael 4/ to see if the morph file is there. If not, try to transfer the morph again (or some other morphs) to see if you get an error message. If the file is there, look into the DAZ Studio log file ("Help > Troubleshooting > Show Log File") if you get an error message there for loading the morph.

Search turned up nothing....

Attempted to locate the "D3D Gen X/Michael 4" folder but the D3D Gen X folder is not there...
    Is this folder created when the transfer occurs or is this created during installation?

edited December 1969

It may be because you're ignoring conditional morphs, not sure, I've never used that option. I use Transfer CM if dependent exists and haven't had any issues yet.

edited December 1969

Vaskania said:
    It may be because you're ignoring conditional morphs, not sure, I've never used that option. I use Transfer CM if dependent exists and haven't had any issues yet.

Checked and not a single Conditional Morph in the list...I was really hoping it was something that simple.
    Thanks for the suggestion Vaskania

edited December 1969

SLoTH_XVX said:

Attempted to locate the "D3D Gen X/Michael 4" folder but the D3D Gen X folder is not there...
    Is this folder created when the transfer occurs or is this created during installation?

Tried all your suggestions Dimension...even an uninstall and re-install...same results.

Is the transfer action quick? Reason I ask is because it takes less than a second to finish after I hit the transfer button...makes me wonder if it is doing anything at all.

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 7,801
    edited December 1969

Hello SLoTH_XVX

Did a screenshot of where my morphs are hidden away, hope it may be of use to you in locating your files.

I also had a better success rate with the conversions by exporting my Gen3 & Gen4 morphs as a whole figure saving as a cr2 file.
    Then I dragged and dropped the cr2 file into the GenX window to do the Genesis 2 conversion.

AlienForce_morphs_with_Anubis_Legs.png
    1950 x 1950 - 6M
    D3D_GenX_M4_file_locations.jpg
    1950 x 674 - 249K
    edited June 2014

SLoTH_XVX said:
    Vaskania said:

Checked and not a single Conditional Morph in the list...I was really hoping it was something that simple.
    Thanks for the suggestion Vaskania
    I have one more idea. Right click in the transfer window > Show in List, and enable Pose Controllers, JCMs, and Hidden. Just in case you have those unchecked, GenX2 can't transfer what it can't see. You'll need to redo adding the preset and right click > transfer on for non zero.

Post edited by Lissa_xyz on
    edited December 1969

SLoTH_XVX said:

But you do find "/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 2\Male/Genesis2Male.dsf" in your content library? Even then, there may be several instances of this file and the according Morphs folder. Make sure you are looking in all content libraries that are listed in DAZ Studio content directory manager. It may happen that you have more than one instance of Genesis 2 in your content libraries, either because it was installed twice or because Genesis 2 was re-saved.

When you open Genesis 2 Male in GenX, what path does it show in the progress window? This is the path where GenX also will store the generated morph files. No morph files or folders are created during install of GenX, only when you transfer morphs.

You also may try a complete search on your system for the folder "D3D Gen X". If a transfer was successful it should be somewhere.

• edited December 1969

When loading a Poser figure in GenX, it shows all morphs that are included in that figure, i.e. those that are also availble when loading it in Poser or DS (without Power Loader). For M4, this are the morphs from the base figure, mainly the expression morphs.

If I understand correctly this means anything that shows up in the Shape tab when selecting G2M should appear in Gen X2? I'm missing several regions of options when I use G2M or G2F as my source. For example the (region) Actor, (region) Hip and a few others don't show at all, however, I see these fine when I use Genesis 1 as a source.

Same for drop and drag not seeming to work correctly. Though that might be me misunderstanding how it works. I have morph injections from V4 I was trying to drop/drag with V4 as the source to port to genesis. Are the names of the injections supposed to show in the window so you can select them?

edited December 1969

The upgrade pricing for GenX2 will end soon. See here for details.

edited December 1969

atwsite said:
    When loading a Poser figure in GenX, it shows all morphs that are included in that figure, i.e. those that are also availble when loading it in Poser or DS (without Power Loader). For M4, this are the morphs from the base figure, mainly the expression morphs.

If I understand correctly this means anything that shows up in the Shape tab when selecting G2M should appear in Gen X2? I'm missing several regions of options when I use G2M or G2F as my source. For example the (region) Actor, (region) Hip and a few others don't show at all, however, I see these fine when I use Genesis 1 as a source.

Same for drop and drag not seeming to work correctly. Though that might be me misunderstanding how it works. I have morph injections from V4 I was trying to drop/drag with V4 as the source to port to genesis. Are the names of the injections supposed to show in the window so you can select them?

G2M and G2F have alias dials, i.e. some morphs or controllers may have additional dials at different locations. Also, some dials may be not shown in the list because or the "show in list" settings for GenX. Finally, if morphs are distributed to several content libraries, DS will load all morphs, but GenX only the morphs from the library folder where the geometry file is located.

If you drag'n'drop a Poser figure, it is added to the most recent used list shown with the "source" button. For injection poses, there is no most recent used list. When injecting morphs to a figure loaded in GenX, the morph list will change, but nothing else. This is because you may add any number of injection poses or poses with morph dial values to the loaded figure.

• RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,799
    edited June 2014

Okay, can someone help me? I'm trying to get Genesis morphs to the Genesis 2 figures and no matter what tutorial I try to go by I keep getting the same error message telling me that no morphs are selected for transfer. The following Screens are my PC specs and the error I'm getting. My selected Transfer is "On for All Non-Zero Values".

Untitled.png
    1329 x 735 - 97K
    Untitled.png
    1600 x 900 - 260K
    Post edited by RCDeschene on
    edited December 1969

As the manual states, there are two common ways to use GenX. Either you transfer individual morphs (Quickstart 1), or you merge the morphs for a character into a single new morph (Quickstart 2). Most tutorials describe the second way, but I guess you want to do the first thing.

As the statistics line (M 1145 / V 0 / T 0) shows, there is no morph with a non-zero value (V 0), so "On for All Non-Zero Values" will select no morph for transfer (T 0). Use the morph list to select those morphs that you want to transfer (put a check mark on front of the morph name), and use the transfer mode "selected morphs" to transfer each selected morph individually.

If you want to transfer a character that is composed of several morphs, leave the settings as they are, but drag'n'drop a shaping preset with the morph values to GenX. The number after V should indicate the number of active morphs then, and "On for All Non-Zero Values" will select them for transfer.

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,148
    edited June 2014

Hiya,

So I finally got around to using your updated version for GenX 2 ...

All I really needed the script for was to transfer all my morphs I made in ZBrush for Genesis - Genesis 2 Female. Since I had made so many improvements to them when I got them transferred over from Genesis 01 to Genesis 02 Female I decided to use the Gen 02 F instead. What I found was, it was successful, that in order for the morphs to look right I had to dial in the Gen 02 F shape and dial the Genesis Head shape to -.50% in order for it all to look as it should.

Below is a screen grab of the interface as I have it set up. I'd like to know if there is a way to transfer the morphs over without having to have the end user dial the female shape and the Genesis Head shape in the negative and have them look as they should??

Also using the search function didn't seem to work for me. I entered my name RAMWorks and clicked the First button. Nothing happened. Tried the Next button, nothing happens so not sure if that's a bug or I'm not using this function properly.

Also included in the Screen grab is the Transfer setup. I see that leaving that default put your name as the head folder. SO in filling that out properly how do I remove that? Do I then need to delete all those and rerun the entire script to have it do it right??

Also, would be nice to have a script to save the current set up so I don't have to re select and deselect all the hundreds of morphs I have! lol Yea, there are allot of them...

Thanks for the help!

GenXSetup.jpg
    1271 x 913 - 228K
    Post edited by RAMWolff on
    edited December 1969

At the moment, there is no option to include the base morph into the transferred morph. On the one hand, GenX works independently of this morph, it only uses the clone morph. On the other hand, one may question if this would be allowed for copyright reasons. But then, you can simply export the morphed figure as OBJ and reimport as a merged morph, so it's up to you.

To search for a group, you have to set the search mode to "group" first. Then, it should work.

GenX always puts the generated morphs into the folder Morphs/D3D Gen X/. But they should still load correctly if you move them elsewhere in the Morphs folder afterwards.

Usually, you only have to transfer a morph once, so I'm not sure if many users could use a preset for selections in the morph list. One workaroud you can do is to load your figure in DS, set the morphs you want to be selected to a non-zero value, and save this as a shaping preset. Then, you can use this preset in GenX with "On for Non-Zero Values" to quickly select them.

If you want to quickly select all morphs from a particular group, sort the morph list by the group by clicking on the header and hold shift to select several morphs at once with the mouse.

• RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,799
    edited June 2014

Okay! Thanks! Everything's good now. :)

Post edited by RCDeschene on
    edited December 1969

Yea, when I got through selecting the morphs I wanted to transfer in the bottom area I just chose Morphs Default so I assumed those morphs would be saved for each morphs default set up so my Bruno full body morph is set up to -0.00 and +100 and told to respect limits among other things like color coding, which I take advantage of. Your script totally did that for me. So that's good.

Thanks for the quick response. I guess I can either set up a script to auto load up the female shape and face morph in the negative value it needs or just redo the whole thing using the original morphs I did for Genesis, which are not as refined and then go through the process of refining them again. Either way it's going to be work. But I am thankful that MOST of the work is done by your script!

Thanks!

edited June 2014

SLoTH_XVX said:

But you do find "/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 2\Male/Genesis2Male.dsf" in your content library? Even then, there may be several instances of this file and the according Morphs folder. Make sure you are looking in all content libraries that are listed in DAZ Studio content directory manager. It may happen that you have more than one instance of Genesis 2 in your content libraries, either because it was installed twice or because Genesis 2 was re-saved.

When you open Genesis 2 Male in GenX, what path does it show in the progress window? This is the path where GenX also will store the generated morph files. No morph files or folders are created during install of GenX, only when you transfer morphs.

You also may try a complete search on your system for the folder "D3D Gen X". If a transfer was successful it should be somewhere.

Dimension3D, Yes I do find the Genesis2Male.dsf in the content library. There is only that instance of the file on my computer. I only have one content library as well (this is a new computer that I am installing content onto).

As for the progress window...there is no progress it flashes in an instant. I did open the history tab/button in the window that is displayed saying GenX is finished in and attached a screen shot of the error displayed (sorry did not see this earlier).

...also did a search for D3D Gen X folder on system...nothing.

Untitled.jpg
    285 x 349 - 25K
    Post edited by SLoTH_XVX on
    edited December 1969

With "progress window" I meant the one in your screen shot.

The error message indicates that Genesis (i.e. Genesis 1) is the problem and can't be found. Do you have the old Genesis installed on your system? Because Genesis 1 includes clone shapes for V4 and M4, but Genesis 2 doesn't, GenX has to transfer those clone shapes from Genesis 1 to Genesis 2, before it may transfer morphs from V4 or M4 to Genesis 2.

edited December 1969

I went ahead and dug the Genesis 02 conversion out of the garbage and deleted the Genesis 01 conversion as I really do like the improvements I made to the Gen 2 Female ones better plus all the work I put into making sure all my hand morphs worked on the Genesis 02 base is important. I'll just have to take the majority of the morphs into ZBrush and reimport them to fix a few things and categorize them properly into my own set of data folders.

• Ghosty12Ghosty12 Posts: 1,985
    edited December 1969

I am trying to also convert some Genesis 1 characters to Genesis 2 by doing the drag and drop the .duf actor icons from my Daz library. I have even tried dragging and dropping the .duf shaping icon and in both cases I am getting nothing.. I tried to the other way of exporting the Genesis1 figure as a .cr2 and that does not work either as I get this error "/Runtime/Geometries/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Genesis_6b873da7_3d0e_c7e0_f4eb_16a66f33e568.obj
    Poser figure not supported".

So I have no idea what to do as I can transfer Generation 4 figures with no issues but transferring Genesis 1 to Genesis 2 no go since I have no idea on how to do it since the way I thought it should work it does not..

• IndigoneIndigone Posts: 86
    edited June 2014

Ignore me, I figured it out. I also see where I posted this before and didn't figure it out...

Have a great day everyone! Just wanted to make sure we were ALL awake tonight.

Indi.

Post edited by Indigone on