GenX2 and Genesis 2 AddOn released! [Commercial]

Comments

• Dimension3DDimension3D Posts: 464
    edited December 1969

rickfoxxx7: see the linked thread

Ostadan: For Poser figures like V4/M4/K4, you still load the CR2 from the content library. Then, they are listed on the Source button as well.

• cecilia.robinsoncecilia.robinson Posts: 2,208
    edited August 2014

One quick question: do I need any additional files for converting A3 characters onto Genesis? I know my GenX(1) key will work with GenX(2), but what about transferring A3? I have A3 and H3 Iconic Shapes for Genesis.

And a question of curiosity: is there any difference between the serial keys for the base GenX2 and the upgrade? Would the standalone version be able to use the old key?

Post edited by cecilia.robinson on
    edited December 1969

To transfer A3 or H3 morphs to Genesis, you need the A3 and H3 iconic shapes for Genesis and the A3 / H3 AddOn for GenX2.

There is no difference between serial keys for GenX full or upgrade. GenX2 will work with either.

edited December 1969

To transfer A3 or H3 morphs to Genesis, you need the A3 and H3 iconic shapes for Genesis and the A3 / H3 AddOn for GenX2.

There is no difference between serial keys for GenX full or upgrade. GenX2 will work with either.

Thank you, this clarifies everything. Off to transfer some cool stuff! Seriously, GenX2 is the best morph-related thing you can get for Gen2F and Gen2M so far and I don't think something will beat it to that glorious title. Congratulations!

PS Do you think one of the upcoming plugins could cover Dawn?

edited December 1969

GenX is based on the clone morphs, i.e. it requires that the basic shape of a figure already has been created for Genesis. As far as I know, there is no Dawn shape for Genesis (or Genesis or other DAZ figure shape for Dawn). So, a GenX AddOn for Dawn is not possible. For copyright reasons, this base shape has to be released by (or at least approved by) the creator of the according base figure.

edited August 2014

GenX is based on the clone morphs, i.e. it requires that the basic shape of a figure already has been created for Genesis. As far as I know, there is no Dawn shape for Genesis (or Genesis or other DAZ figure shape for Dawn). So, a GenX AddOn for Dawn is not possible. For copyright reasons, this base shape has to be released by (or at least approved by) the creator of the according base figure.

Well, you'd have to check HiveWire, because there's been a way to get a clone for her. I don't know the law side though.

Oh well, releasing plugins to transfer some animals onto Genesis would be even better. However, I doubt it is possible.

EDIT:

I wonder why I wasn't asked to input the serial. I do have GenX1, but I didn't install it under 4.6, so it should not know about it and ask me for the key. The plugin installed correctly, it can be used and so on, but it didn't want the key, which is weird. I don't have my account linked with DS and I install each item manually.

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,322
    edited August 2014

Well, you'd have to check HiveWire, because there's been a way to get a clone for her. I don't know the law side though.

Oh well, releasing plugins to transfer some animals onto Genesis would be even better. However, I doubt it is possible.

EDIT:

I wonder why I wasn't asked to input the serial. I do have GenX1, but I didn't install it under 4.6, so it should not know about it and ask me for the key. The plugin installed correctly, it can be used and so on, but it didn't want the key, which is weird. I don't have my account linked with DS and I install each item manually.

There is a way to create a clone for Dawn and of Dawn - but it can only be used for personal use.

Post edited by scorpio on
  • it8321itit8321it Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Hi everyone
    Finally got time to learn Poser & DAZ Studio 4.6
    have been playing with GenX2 & it gives me results under the Morphs tab
    Unfortunately i cannot find them in DAZ Content library anywhere
    I have read the manual twice and program doesn't seem to match manual 100%
    Thanks for your help in advance

• andolaurinaandolaurina Posts: 667
    edited December 1969

Hi D3D,

I already own GenX and just saw that a GenX 2 has come out (sadly, I missed the discount). Anyway, is there a way to use the new program to transfer the Genesis 2 shapes (as well as Genesis 2 morphs / characters) back to Genesis 1? If so, I'm excited about that.

Also, strange as it may sound, you might get a lot of people excited about a GenX version that could transfer shapes/morphs from Generation 3 (or even Genesis 1 or 2) over to Victoria 4 & Michael 4. (just face shapes if you don't want to mess with the rigging issues...or whole body if you do). There are a bunch of beautiful morphs for Victoria 3, David 3, etc. that I would love to see on V4/M4. A lot of us Poser users still like to use V4/M4 (although I do use Genesis 1, too).

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Hi D3D,

I already own GenX and just saw that a GenX 2 has come out (sadly, I missed the discount). Anyway, is there a way to use the new program to transfer the Genesis 2 shapes (as well as Genesis 2 morphs / characters) back to Genesis 1? If so, I'm excited about that.

I can answer that one: with GenX2 AND the GenX2 Addon you can:
    This add-on extends Genesis Generation X2 (GenX2) to the world of Genesis 2. Now, it's possible to transfer morphs from Genesis and supported Poser figures to Genesis 2 Male and Female. In addition, morphs may be transferred from Genesis 2 to Genesis or between the Male and Female version of Genesis 2.
    http://www.daz3d.com/genx2-addon-for-genesis-2

edited December 1969

cecilia.robinson: GenX transfers the morphs, not the shape. So, it can be used only with figures, where the base shape has been built as a morph for Genesis already. I don't know of any animal figures where this would be the case.

No idea, how DS handles the plugin serials, but I'm pretty sure GenX2 won't work without. Just have a look under "about installed plugins" to see the serial used for GenX2. If you had GenX1 installed under any DS 4.x, that serial probably will be used in DS 4.6.

cecilia.robinson, scorpio64dragon: I found some tutorials to create own clone morphs for V4 or Genesis to Dawn by scaling and posing to make them fit. However, these clones are only for the body and very basic, so it may work for auto-fit to get reasonable results, but it's not close enough for GenX.

it8321it: The morphs created by GenX are loaded by the figure automatically, they don't require any content library files. Any presets created by GenX are located in the content library wherever you point GenX to create them.

andolaurina: As Kerya states, GenX2 together with the Genesis 2 AddOn will also transfer morphs from Genesis 2 to Genesis 1. (And without saying anything, September is PA month.)

GenX does not transfer shapes, but morphs. So, it always requires that the base shape of the source figure is already available as a morph for the target figure. Because gen3 figures are morphs compatible to each other, as well as gen4 figures are, transferring morphs within the same generation is simple. (You can do with most morph creation tools.) However, transferring from gen3 to gen4 requires at least one shape that already exists for both generations. Aiko and Hiro might be a candidate for this, their gen4 morphs are pretty close to the gen3 versions. Not sure if results will be convincing, but I might give it a try.

edited December 1969

Hi Dimension3D
    Thanks for your short answer
    I am sorry I do not fully understand your answer, could you please explain it a bit more clearly

Using Genesis 1 figure as target gives a similar result?

Another question
    Is the output readable in Poser 2014 without creating a new DSON file to put in the poser content folder?

Regards

edited December 1969

Hi again

Sorry it is late at night here so I am tired
    More clarity may help you answer my question better
    I am wanting to transfer K4 characters to G2F & G2M
    Then I want to use each one as you would with genesis by dialing a mix & match

Regards

edited December 1969

When you transfer a morph from a generation 4 figure to Genesis, GenX creates one or several morph files for the target figure. Then, these morphs can be used in Genesis just like any other morph for one of those figures. Some figure morphs like Aiko or Lilith come with an additional DSON file, but these files just load Genesis and set the morph value, they are not required to use the morph itself. All existing morphs are present in each Genesis figure when you load the figure.

After the transfer with GenX, you simply load the basic Genesis figure in Poser with DSON importer, and the morphs are there to dial and mix and match any values. To turn Genesis in Kids4 shape, you start by setting the Kids4 under "Genesis Generation X / ** People **" to 1.

(When referring to Genesis here, this is applicable to all versions: Genesis 1, Genesis 2 Female, Genesis 2 Male.)

edited September 2014

cecilia.robinson: GenX transfers the morphs, not the shape. So, it can be used only with figures, where the base shape has been built as a morph for Genesis already. I don't know of any animal figures where this would be the case.

No idea, how DS handles the plugin serials, but I'm pretty sure GenX2 won't work without. Just have a look under "about installed plugins" to see the serial used for GenX2. If you had GenX1 installed under any DS 4.x, that serial probably will be used in DS 4.6.

I think this might have been the case: I had GenX1 installed under DS 4.5 before on this computer. It didn't ask for any other serial keys either.

Regarding animals, I was thinking about stuff like Gorilla for Genesis and Anubis for Genesis. I'm going to give them a try to see how well they transfer. My custom-dialed Mayflower transferred very well. She looks a bit different when I dial-in the full Genesis clone, but I like it nonetheless. Here both Genesis and Gen2F versions with a very dirty background and pose set up. Of course, I used the same skin (the basic Gen2F one, I think, since I have it shipped with V5 - it is all Bree), hairstyle, dress and shoes to minimise the differences. When I don't dial-in Genesis, they look just alike. With Genesis, Gen2F Mayflower has less pointy cheeks.

Dizygotic_twins.png
    2000 x 2000 - 5M
    edited December 1969

Transferring animal morphs for Genesis to Genesis 2 should work pretty well. The GenX Genesis 2 AddOn promos show the Genesis Gorilla morph on Genesis 2. The drawback is that you can't use the Gorilla texture on Genesis 2, because it has its own UV-mapping.

• Daniel BarnettDaniel Barnett Posts: 389
    edited December 1969

Does anyone know of a video tutorial like"" but using GenX2"??
    Thanks
    dbb

• VengedVenged Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Will this allow V4 cloths and textures to be used on Genesis 2 figures?

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

welchrs64 said:

No, this is for transferring character morphs. For clothes and textures you need http://www.daz3d.com/victoria-4-for-genesis-2-female

edited September 2014

welchrs64 said:

No, this is for transferring character morphs. For clothes and textures you need http://www.daz3d.com/victoria-4-for-genesis-2-female

Thanks! Then I will need both:-) I found out That I already have the Victoria to Genesis 2-Female already. I must have went shopping crazy before I learned Daz a while back. LOL I will get the GEN X2 Genesis 2 addon and be all set:-) The DIM has sure made finding what I have a lot easier:-)

Post edited by Venged on
    edited September 2014

My first GenX2 Render. I took my V4 mats over with V4 to Genesis UV the I used GenX2 with the addon to get the LoLo morphs on my Genesis 2 Figure.

http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#galleries/72884/

Leona5V4toGenX_Concept_11.png
    845 x 1024 - 355K
    Leona5V4toGenX_Concept_10.png
    845 x 1024 - 508K
    Post edited by Venged on
    edited December 1969

dbbdaniel said:
    Does anyone know of a video tutorial like"" but using GenX2"??
    Thanks
    dbb

A similar video tutorial for GenX2 is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qc8NnYqr2MA

Differences between GenX and GenX2 in regard of usage are really small, so you can use tutorials for GenX also with GenX2. One main difference is how to load a Genesis figure instead of a Poser figure for morph transfer. Supported Genesis figures are listed directly under the Source button, where you also find a most recent used list for the Poser figures.

Also note, that most video tutorials only show one transfer mode, namely "create single morph" to merge the morph settings of a character into a single morph. See the manual for alternatives of using GenX, e.g. to transfer complete morph sets.

• NotAnArtistNotAnArtist Posts: 367
    edited December 1969

Hmm, maybe I need a little theoretical help? I studied the manual and read forum posts including this huge one, and thought I was ready to just try doing it on my own. So I set things up for creating a simple V4 base shape for G2F. It didn't turn out so easy.

Relevant files installed are:
    - DAZStudio_4.6.3.52
    - Genesis Starter Essentials
    - G2F Starter Essentials
    - GenX2
    - GenX2 Addon for Genesis2
    - V4.2 base and Morphs++

The manual's Quickstart 1 requires selecting which morphs you want to transfer. All of them, I suppose, but for simplicity I selected "NostrilsFlare" and gave it a value of 100. Then I chose "Transfer: On for all non-zero values," since it makes sense and Quickstart 2 does that (Quickstart 1 says nothing about it). Then Mode = Selected morphs. Shape= V4. Target = G2F.

Clicking the Transfer button brought a brief Morph Properties window which disappeared immediately. And of course, no morph was created for G2F. The only way to get a Morph Properties window to remain is to select "Create single morph" (that worked ok - The nostrils did flare). I went back and selected two morphs and gave them values, and chose "Selected Morphs" again. Nope, it brought the same quickly disappearing popup window.

So, what is Quickstart 1 doing that I am missing? I simply tried to transfer two "selected morphs" without them becoming one morph.

My original goal was to create a V4 base shape for G2F. How are the values for that determined? Why aren't they set by just dragging V4 base across to GenX2?

Notice that in Quickstart 1, only two of the selected morphs (Aiko4) have values. Therefore, GenX2 is able to transfer zero value morphs, since the Quickstart 1 demo selected them and set "Selected morphs" for the Mode. I'd think a morph is a morph whether or not it has values set.

I've seen lots of GenX1 tutes and imitated some videos, which worked, but didn't explain these sorts of questions. I thought I just needed to begin doing instead of copying. Instead, it brought up more questions. Apparently it's theory that I'm lacking. I'm sorry if it's all "right there" in the reading. Maybe so, but it's a jumble out there!

edited December 1969

The very difference between quickstart 1 and 2 is the transfer mode. QS1 shows how to transfer several individual morphs independently with the "selected morphs" mode, while QS2 shows how to merge several morphs into one by their values with the "create single morph" mode. So, for QS1, the values are ignored, but for QS2 they are important.

Because in the simplest case, all transfer parameters for the "selected morphs" mode are set automatically, it only shows a progress window, which of course disappears quickly when you only transfer one morph. There are alternate modes with "selected morphs", where you can adjust some parameters in general or individually.

Are you sure that no morph was created when you followed QS1? According to the steps you described, it should have worked. Just follow QS3 to load your Genesis figure and use the transferred morph located under "Generation X" in the shaping tab.

edited December 1969

@kenkoy - When it worked for me I had the the mode under the source set to current and the mode under the target set to current in the Transfer Utility. I was also able to go back use morph and set when morphs I wanted transferred over. Either was you should get a Morph slider for dialing up to V4, It grabbed a random V4 icon from one of the V4 injection morphs I had included, The dial will initial be on 100%. I am at work right now but If I see you still having an issue when I get home I can do it again make screens shots of the all setting along the way for you.

Also: So far all V4 cloths and morphs work just like my Genesis 2 Female was V4. Actually I'm using V4.2 with all the various injections like Elite morphs++ and such.

Robert

• NotAnArtistNotAnArtist Posts: 367
    edited December 1969

Dimension3D: You're right! Aside from the V4 nostril morph, there are morphs there from the attempts that I thought didn't work. The mess confused me. The Parameters tab has Actor> Generation X> Head>, but further under that path is Generation X (again)> Victoria 4, and even morphs for Scotlyn, who I had also tried to do earlier. What a weird pattern. As frustration increased my common sense decreased. I'll uninstall everything and start over with a clear installation and semi-clear head.

Welchrs64: I don't see a mode selection anywhere that refers to "current", unless you're referring to selecting something based on a current figure in the scene. There are tutorials about loading a figure in the scene, adding morphs, and then saving it as a cr2, and loading the cr2 into GenX. I haven't tried that yet. I'm not sure when that technique would be preferable.
    Oh, are you talking about the Transfer Utility, a separate tool? So I need to study that thing, too? Ouch.

But for now, I think my (first) problem has been solved. Thank you both for your help(s).

Summary: Since "selected morphs" mode may offer no opportunity to set my own labels, I guess it's best to create individual morph combinations using "Create Single Morph" each time. My ultimate goal is to have clearly labeled Generation 3 and 4 morph characters available for G2, some of them being my own adjusted versions.

...Um, setting the morph values is still a question. Maybe that's what the cr2-saving technique is all about?

By the way, since there's a "slight" chance I'll have questions as I go further, what would be the best place for them? This particular topic is getting long in the tooth. Should I start a new topic each time? Cheers! You folks are great!

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

welchrs64 said:
    @kenkoy - When it worked for me I had the the mode under the source set to current and the mode under the target set to current in the Transfer Utility. I was also able to go back use morph and set when morphs I wanted transferred over. Either was you should get a Morph slider for dialing up to V4, It grabbed a random V4 icon from one of the V4 injection morphs I had included, The dial will initial be on 100%. I am at work right now but If I see you still having an issue when I get home I can do it again make screens shots of the all setting along the way for you.

Also: So far all V4 cloths and morphs work just like my Genesis 2 Female was V4. Actually I'm using V4.2 with all the various injections like Elite morphs++ and such.

Robert

If you could a tutorial with screenshots a lot of people would be thankful!
    Because the older tutorials simply are for GenX, not GenX2 ...

edited December 1969

kenkoy: The transfer mode "Selected morphs (with properties)" will let you change the group, name, and other properties for each single transferred morph. You get a properties dialog just like for the "Create single morph" mode.

Exporting the figure as a CR2 is only a workaround when GenX is not able to load a morph correctly otherwise (e.g. when using binary morph injections), but it should not be necessary in other cases.

This is the established GenX thread, so posting here ensures most people interested in GenX (including me) will see the post and try to help.

Kerya: I think there are also some GenX2 tutorials, but GenX2 is essentially an expansion of GenX1, so the GenX1 tutorials should still work for GenX2.

• MBuschMBusch Posts: 547
    edited December 1969

I have a weird problem when converting character, pose, expression, and shape presets to Genesis 2 Female. All presets from Victoria 4 are converted using Genesis as legacy shape although I set Genesis 2 Female as target in the pane. Not a big deal, I just apply the preset to G2F and change the legacy figure in the parameters tab. After that I re-save the preset, but would be nice to skip this step. Am I made something wrong or is it the default behavior?

edited December 1969

MBusch, it should work like that as far as I know. Generation 4 to Generation 5 and then to Generation 6.

I have another question though. I can transfer my morphs onto Generation 6 figures, but what are the terms of use for distributing my stuff then? What about additional DSFs like Genesis Eye Translation, are we allowed and required to include them? All tips please :).