GenX2 and Genesis 2 AddOn released! [Commercial]

Comments

• DkgooseDkgoose Posts: 1,451
    edited December 1969

I'm just hoping you will make support :)

• ImagoImago Posts: 4,874
    edited December 1969

Rogerbee said:

The thing that gets me about that idea is, if the morphs for G3 are better, why then would you want to import something into it that essentially isn't!? The best way to work with the older generation is to continue using it. I did actually start realising that when I got into Genesis 2 and started to get why holding back on getting GenX2 was a good idea. When I get more into G3, I will use it as G3 and reap the benefits that it brings. If you want a figure that looks like Genesis or Genesis2 then why not just use them!?

CHEERS!

Basically, bacause you spent about 3000$ in morphs, clothing and other things... And probably you want to use them when the suport to the old figure will cease.
    Plus, there are many morphs that probably you will never see in the new figure like Sadie, Sam, Dollie and other Anime Style figures. Add something, maybe not too important, like... some people like me that WORKS (Job, yes!) with those figures...
    What do you think about it?

@Dimension3D:
    I really hope that you will make a new plugin for tranferring those morphs, even if that's a whole new system, I will buy it!
    Crossed fingers here! >o<</p>

• RogerbeeRogerbee Posts: 4,460
    edited December 1969

You just continue using them on the figure they were designed for, no money lost! If you went into a Chevy dealer in 1957 and asked if you could fit lights from a 1956 model on the 1957 model, what do you think they would have said!? So why try to get old stuff to work with new!? The old stuff still works on the old stuff, it doesn't suddenly break when a new figure is launched. Technology is about innovation and advancement, deal with it!

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,949
    edited December 1969

Well, this question is not that unexpected ...

I have not yet looked at the details for Genesis 3, so I can't say yet when I will add Genesis 3 support for GenX2. But I will work on it. However, I may wait for the male figure, so I can do both together, but I have not yet deceided about that.

Thank you for the answer and I will gladly wait for the male figure if you decide to do it cause I really love my Generation4 evolution morphs and Capsace mophs and the ability to add them to the new figures ,and I personally don't care too much for the "new character" versions of morphs,that seem to be the new norm.So I'd much rather give you my money and loyalty ,even if I gotta wait a bit .......

• nDelphinDelphi Posts: 1,845
    edited June 2015

Rogerbee said:

You just continue using them on the figure they were designed for, no money lost! If you went into a Chevy dealer in 1957 and asked if you could fit lights from a 1956 model on the 1957 model, what do you think they would have said!? So why try to get old stuff to work with new!? The old stuff still works on the old stuff, it doesn't suddenly break when a new figure is launched. Technology is about innovation and advancement, deal with it!

It isn't the same by a long shot. Seriously, you are not listening to the folks here who are giving you some very sound explanations as to why they need them. I use the older figures myself and if I have a favorite V4 morph and I move it to G1/G2 I can use that with a new clothing item that I will never get for V4. So, now I can continue with my graphic novel and keep the characters look. For new characters well, no need. If I have a clothing item for V4 that I can use on G1/G2 I try auto-fit or use Sickleyields system for any new figures. This is a great tool to help in a thousand different ways.

Anyway, we shouldn't continue this as it will derail the thread. No one here really has to offer any explanations for the choices we make or the tools we use in our workflow.

Post edited by nDelphi on
  • FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,518
    edited December 1969

Rogerbee said:

The thing that gets me about that idea is, if the morphs for G3 are better, why then would you want to import something into it that essentially isn't!? The best way to work with the older generation is to continue using it. I did actually start realising that when I got into Genesis 2 and started to get why holding back on getting GenX2 was a good idea. When I get more into G3, I will use it as G3 and reap the benefits that it brings. If you want a figure that looks like Genesis or Genesis2 then why not just use them!?

CHEERS!

You have your way of looking at it and using the products and others have theirs, no need to try and understand it.

I am with the others in waiting for GenX to work with G3! I have custom FBMs i did for V4 that have been the base of most of my Genesis1 and Genesis2 figures and hope to use these with Gen3 in the future.

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,949
    edited December 1969

Rogerbee said:

Ahhhh but some of us like to use the old stuff with the new stuff and take advantage of the stuff we like in the new stuff ,but still have the ability to use the old stuff we like that is not being made for the new figure ........I like Genesis3's new facial bones ,I like how much more expressive
    the face is,but why shouldn't I want my old stuff to work with the figure???So I am really grateful that Dimension3D has the skill to allow me to use my old stuff with my new ........and that is how I want to deal with it.

• martinez.zora77@gmail.com[email protected] Posts: 1,343
    edited December 1969

Rogerbee said:

Is lost time trying to explain to people that they don't need drink water, eat food or buy a GenX add-on for G2 to G3. Probably with first two you have a bit of luck.

Waiting for Mavka and Little Twins in G3 poses,
    GiGi

• martinez.zora77@gmail.com[email protected] Posts: 1,343
    edited December 1969

Well, this question is not that unexpected ...

I have not yet looked at the details for Genesis 3, so I can't say yet when I will add Genesis 3 support for GenX2. But I will work on it. However, I may wait for the male figure, so I can do both together, but I have not yet deceided about that.

Thanks for consider it. I enjoy using GenX tool.

• DkgooseDkgoose Posts: 1,451
    edited December 1969

I need to find a way to make money with my purchases, lol,at one time I thought of trying to put renders on cups or shirts or the decorative plates but wasn't sure enough to do so

• MN-150374MN-150374 Posts: 923
    edited June 2015

Rogerbee said:

There is a tutorial for GenX written by me in the German FAQ-Thread: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/35040/P60/#688988
    I have done so, because the documentation is only available in English and this Plug-In is a very useful tool. If it is necassary this tutorial will also be up to date.

When the time comes and I´m researching this stuff, everyone, who is derailing a discussion and does not contribute anything useful, ends up on my Ignore List. I have done so in the past and I will do so in the future. I´m a hobbyist and will not waste my freetime with people who have nothing to offer.

Rogerbee, I really appreciate your presence in the 3Delight discussion. You don´t deserve to be on my Ignore List. Some people want to have an update for this Plug-In, deal with it! ;-)

Post edited by MN-150374 on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,514
    edited June 2015

...for people on an extremely tight budget like myself, it is a godsend to be able to expand the "gene pool" in any way possible. Generation-X/X2 gives me that opportunity as I don't have 800$ for Zbrush to sculpt or create custom morphs from scratch nor can afford every character/figure that comes down the pike.

Until Generation X3 is released, I have little use for G3 since I don't have the resources it would require to make it work on its own for the needs I have.

Not sure if the added bones and reduced polys are going to be problematic for the update.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • HavosHavos Posts: 5,294
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...for people on an extremely tight budget like myself, it is a godsend to be able to expand the "gene pool" in any way possible. Generation-X/X2 gives me that opportunity as I don't have 800$ for Zbrush to sculpt or create custom morphs from scratch nor can afford every character/figure that comes down the pike.

Until Generation X3 is released, I have little use for G3 since I don't have the resources it would require to make it work on its own for the needs I have.

Not sure if the added bones and reduced polys are going to be problematic for the update.

You can always transfer morphs using the transfer utility whilst we wait for Gen X3. It is not as difficult as it sounds, but I would not want to use it to transfer hundred's of morphs, which GenX can do with a few clicks. Image below is G3F + Zev0 youth morph at around 50%, I lifted up the big toe to prove it was G3F. Also I know you are very keen on using resource light figures, well G3F loads in around 150mb, very different from the 800mb or so G2F & G2M needs. That will change as I add more morphs to G3F over time, but I think part of the reason is explained by Mallanlane in his post were he says the new weight maps are much lighter on resources than TriAx.

G3F_Youth.png
    1500 x 850 - 332K
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,514
    edited June 2015

...NM, thought this was being done with Gen-X2.

BTW did this also rely on G3 Body, Head, and Expression morphs?

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...NM, thought this was being done with Gen-X2.

BTW did this also rely on G3 Body, Head, and Expression morphs?

No, that is just base G3F and the Youth Morph. I used the base expression morphs (although I think they just change the face bones, not sure though) under pose controls/head. The transferred Growing Up Morph is the only paid product I used.

• UnseenArtworksUnseenArtworks Posts: 58
    edited December 1969

Hey,

somehow the "source" button in my GenX panel is missing :(

generationX.jpg
    722 x 459 - 37K
  • Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,878
    edited December 1969

How often does this go on sale? It looks really interesting, and now that I have a bigger list of Gen/Gen2 stuff I'd like to cross-polinate... but $48 is a bit of a steep price tag.

edited December 1969

How often does this go on sale? It looks really interesting, and now that I have a bigger list of Gen/Gen2 stuff I'd like to cross-polinate... but $48 is a bit of a steep price tag.

Dimension3D's stuff does not go on Sale via a flash sale very often, and since he very rarely releases new stuff (at least not here), then they are not often on sale that way either. However DAZ do have occasional full store offers. During the "choose your own bundle", 3 items for 60% off we had a week or so back, then you could get this item off at a very good discount, but these very flexible deals are fairly rare. All I can say for certain is that his stuff will almost certainly be on sale at probably 50% during the PA sale in September.

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,878
    edited December 1969

Excellent. Unlikely to have much budget for stuff until then, anyway.

• Dimension3DDimension3D Posts: 464
    edited December 1969

321nimb said:
    Hey,

I guess you have reinstalled version 1 of GenX accidently, probably because both GenX1 and GenX2 have been updated recently, so DIM may have installed GenX1 again. Simply use DIM and install GenX2. If the problem persists, go to the plugins folder of DAZ Studio and ensure it contains d3dGenX2.dll, but not d3dGenX.dll.

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,745
    edited December 1969

Rogerbee said:

Your analogy of a car is backwards. A better analogy is that the 3D figures are canvas or clay, while textures and morphs are paints, brushes and sculpting tools. If you change brands of canvas or switch to a new type of clay, that doesn't mean that you have to go out an buy all new paints and sculpting tools. Nor do you expect to have to buy all new plugins every time you upgrade Photoshop or AfterEffects.

Moreover, you miss the primary point of GenX, which is to replicate previous work with minimal time investment. I have multiple characters that I've developed and use regularly, first in Gen 4 and then in Genesis, and when Genesis 2 came out, it wasn't commercially viable to spend the time going back and recreating those characters exactly. With GenX2 I was able to transfer those characters quickly to the newer figures with only minor manual retouching. To use another car analogy, I took the older car I liked and put a better engine in it. Then I used additional shaders to give the skin the equivalent of the Earl Scheib treatment, and upgrading the rest like adding new tires, wipers, floor mats, etc. There's no reason one has to throw the baby out with the bathwater.

• UnseenArtworksUnseenArtworks Posts: 58
    edited December 1969

321nimb said:
    Hey,

I guess you have reinstalled version 1 of GenX accidently, probably because both GenX1 and GenX2 have been updated recently, so DIM may have installed GenX1 again. Simply use DIM and install GenX2. If the problem persists, go to the plugins folder of DAZ Studio and ensure it contains d3dGenX2.dll, but not d3dGenX.dll.

Thank you :) uninstalled GenX1 and it works again. Thank you!

• DemiurgentDemiurgent Posts: 97
    edited July 2015

The Source and Load Figure buttons are greyed out in the GenX window, and I can't drag and drop figures into it either. I have no idea what it could be -- I've also uninstalled both GenX2 and the GenX2 Addon for G2, and then reinstalled them. I don't have GenX1 installed (I just verified I don't have the dll) -- any thoughts as to what could be wrong?

Screen_Shot_2015-07-06_at_8.39_.21_PM_.png
    748 x 378 - 31K
    Screen_Shot_2015-07-06_at_8.39_.21_PM_.png
    748 x 378 - 31K
    Post edited by Demiurgent on
  • Dimension3DDimension3D Posts: 464
    edited December 1969

This is a known problem of the installer. It happens that the installer places the folder GenX2 with the data files needed by GenX2 into the configuration folder of a different user (usually the admin). Simply move the GenX2 folder from the user account where it is installed to the user account you are using DAZ Studio with.

The user account path is (where AppData is a hidden folder, and Users may be localized):
    C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D\Studio4\GenX2

• DemiurgentDemiurgent Posts: 97
    edited December 1969

eaburns said:
    The Source and Load Figure buttons are greyed out in the GenX window, and I can't drag and drop figures into it either. I have no idea what it could be -- I've also uninstalled both GenX2 and the GenX2 Addon for G2, and then reinstalled them. I don't have GenX1 installed (I just verified I don't have the dll) -- any thoughts as to what could be wrong?

That didn't quite fix it in my case, but it led me to the fix -- I'm actually on a Mac, and I'm running the Public Build beta -- it had installed the files on the standard instead. I copied the folder to the Public Build and all's well. Thanks!

• StrixowlStrixowl Posts: 301
    edited December 1969

Have GenX for G2F. Waiting for GenX 3 :) Tons of morphs to transfer.

• Mr BowenMr Bowen Posts: 377
    edited July 2015

GenX is nice to use so we can have the previous model's characters on the new model's rig with all of the improvements. Why is that so hard to for some people to understand?

Post edited by Mr Bowen on
  • Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,610

I am hoping for a GenX for Genesis 3, but will we have to wait for G3M first?

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

I seem to have struck a strange problem. Am attempting to transfer a M4 character to Gen2M, but it's not working at all. 

I did the same thing a few days ago and it worked perfectly. So I'm not sure what I'm missing. 

Has anyone ever had this happen - is it a known thing where some M4 characters DON'T transfer at all (for whatever reason)? 

• ChangelingChickChangelingChick Posts: 2,973
    jakiblue said:

I seem to have struck a strange problem. Am attempting to transfer a M4 character to Gen2M, but it's not working at all. 

I did the same thing a few days ago and it worked perfectly. So I'm not sure what I'm missing. 

Has anyone ever had this happen - is it a known thing where some M4 characters DON'T transfer at all (for whatever reason)? 

When all else fails for me, I save the M4 loaded with your morphs as a character asset (or a figure in Poser) first then reference that as a source for transferring morphs.