GenX2 and Genesis 2 AddOn released! [Commercial]

Comments

• Dimension3DDimension3D Posts: 464
    edited December 1969

ghosty12 said:
    I am trying to also convert some Genesis 1 characters to Genesis 2 by doing the drag and drop the .duf actor icons from my Daz library. I have even tried dragging and dropping the .duf shaping icon and in both cases I am getting nothing.. I tried to the other way of exporting the Genesis1 figure as a .cr2 and that does not work either as I get this error "/Runtime/Geometries/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Genesis_6b873da7_3d0e_c7e0_f4eb_16a66f33e568.obj
    Poser figure not supported".

So I have no idea what to do as I can transfer Generation 4 figures with no issues but transferring Genesis 1 to Genesis 2 no go since I have no idea on how to do it since the way I thought it should work it does not..

Genesis figures are not loaded from the library like Poser figures, but from the drop down menu you get with the source button.

• Ghosty12Ghosty12 Posts: 1,985
    edited December 1969

ghosty12 said:
    I am trying to also convert some Genesis 1 characters to Genesis 2 by doing the drag and drop the .duf actor icons from my Daz library. I have even tried dragging and dropping the .duf shaping icon and in both cases I am getting nothing.. I tried to the other way of exporting the Genesis1 figure as a .cr2 and that does not work either as I get this error "/Runtime/Geometries/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Genesis_6b873da7_3d0e_c7e0_f4eb_16a66f33e568.obj
    Poser figure not supported".

So I have no idea what to do as I can transfer Generation 4 figures with no issues but transferring Genesis 1 to Genesis 2 no go since I have no idea on how to do it since the way I thought it should work it does not..

Genesis figures are not loaded from the library like Poser figures, but from the drop down menu you get with the source button.

Cool thank you for the info works awesomely.. :)

• MadDemon64MadDemon64 Posts: 18
    edited July 2014

So I am having some trouble with the addon.

For some reason, the .cr2 files for all of my genesis/genesis 2 shapes are not allowed (I get an error message that the figure is invalid) and I can only transfer over to Victoria 4.

Can someone help me?

*edit* It appears as though I had GenX and GenX2 active at the same time which led to the problems I had. However, I would like some advice regarding moving morphs from Genesis 2 Male to Genesis 2 Female and vice versa (e.g. Veins, muscularity, etc.)

Post edited by MadDemon64 on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,621
    edited December 1969

...one thing I noticed when using Gen5 female characters (full body) with G2F is you have to first dial in the Genesis1 character at 100% then add the Gen5 one(s), otherwise the proportioning goes all screwy because of the gender split.

The head/face shapes work fine without needing needing to dial in Genesis1 first.

edited December 1969

MadDemon64: To load a Genesis figure into GenX, you simply select it directly from the "Source" button. However, if GenX and GenX2 are both installed, it seems to be random which version actually is used in DS.

Because G2F and G2M are morph compatible, GenX doesn't do any recalculation when transferring morphs between them. That's why even HD morphs can be transferred. Otherwise, the process to transfer morphs with GenX is just the same as for other figures.

Kyoto Kid: This simply indicates, that the head shapes of Genesis 1 and 2 are very similar. But the Genesis 2 body shapes are distinct for male and female, while there is only a neutral shape for Genesis 1. Still, head shapes should be closer to the original when also using the Genesis 1 shape.

• TimbalesTimbales Posts: 2,264
    edited December 1969

I wonder what the sales of the Creature Creator for Genesis 2 Males will be. I already converted the female set using GenX and the set for males doesn't look any different.

edited December 1969

MadDemon64: To load a Genesis figure into GenX, you simply select it directly from the "Source" button. However, if GenX and GenX2 are both installed, it seems to be random which version actually is used in DS.

Because G2F and G2M are morph compatible, GenX doesn't do any recalculation when transferring morphs between them. That's why even HD morphs can be transferred. Otherwise, the process to transfer morphs with GenX is just the same as for other figures.

I tried this, but the morphs I want are not appearing (e.g. Michael 6 Swole).

• TrollgoblinTrollgoblin Posts: 22
    edited July 2014

Hi people,

Sorry to be a terrible noob at all this, but I find the whole compatibility matrix and everything pretty confusing.

Not only that, but I simply don't know what to buy, and since I'm not the wealthiest, I don't want to make any mistakes if you catch me. ;)

I'm the owner of M4 + Morpsh++, V4.2 + Morphs ++, and have a few lovely characters which I bought of Daz3D's Jepe as well as from Renderosity. Now, I see wonderful stuff I wanna give them, but these objects and outfits are for G2M and G2F.
    I don't own anything below the 4th generation, M4 and V4.2 are the lowest I have.
    I also own the creature creator morphs for both M4 & V4.2. I've made some characters with the use of this.

I did a lot of reading up (I actually spent 2 days digging through Forum-posts and help-files). But still I'm confused the shibbles out of.

So, I'ma say here what I wanna be able to do, and I hope you lovely folks can tell me if GenX/GenX2 is what I need:

I have bought characters and outfits for Michael 4 and Victoria 4.2.
    I have created characters through the base models and tweaks through Morphs++.

For instance, I have Jepe's Double Feature Wade & Xenon, and Jepe's Jonah, from his Daz3D store.
    I want to turn the Genesis 2 Male into a beautiful copy of Jepe's Jonah or Xenon, so they can wear the Genesis 2 Male outfits.
    I also want to make a G2M version of one of my own tweaked characters which used the Creature Creator.

Am I correct to assume this can all be done with GenX/X2? Do I need more?

Thanks on behalf of this lil' nooblet!

Post edited by Trollgoblin on
    edited December 1969

Hi people,

Sorry to be a terrible noob at all this, but I find the whole compatibility matrix and everything pretty confusing.

Not only that, but I simply don't know what to buy, and since I'm not the wealthiest, I don't want to make any mistakes if you catch me. ;)

I'm the owner of M4 + Morpsh++, V4.2 + Morphs ++, and have a few lovely characters which I bought of Daz3D's Jepe as well as from Renderosity. Now, I see wonderful stuff I wanna give them, but these objects and outfits are for G2M and G2F.
    I don't own anything below the 4th generation, M4 and V4.2 are the lowest I have.
    I also own the creature creator morphs for both M4 & V4.2. I've made some characters with the use of this.

I did a lot of reading up (I actually spent 2 days digging through Forum-posts and help-files). But still I'm confused the shibbles out of.

So, I'ma say here what I wanna be able to do, and I hope you lovely folks can tell me if GenX/GenX2 is what I need:

I have bought characters and outfits for Michael 4 and Victoria 4.2.
    I have created characters through the base models and tweaks through Morphs++.

For instance, I have Jepe's Double Feature Wade & Xenon, and Jepe's Jonah, from his Daz3D store.
    I want to turn the Genesis 2 Male into a beautiful copy of Jepe's Jonah or Xenon, so they can wear the Genesis 2 Male outfits.
    I also want to make a G2M version of one of my own tweaked characters which used the Creature Creator.

Am I correct to assume this can all be done with GenX/X2? Do I need more?

Thanks on behalf of this lil' nooblet!

You do need more.

You'd also need to buy the M4 shape for G2M : http://www.daz3d.com/morphs/generation-4-legacy-shapes-for-genesis-2-male. Jepe's Wade & Xenon are morphs of Michael 4, so you won't get the same look unless you make G2M look like M4 first. Make sense?

To use the Wade & Xenon skins, you have two choices. G2M comes with the M5 UV mapping..

You can load Genesis into Daz Studio, apply the Wade skin and use the Map Transfer tool to redo the M4 textures to M5. It's a bit complicated, but doable.

or you can buy the M4 UV set for G2M: http://www.daz3d.com/michael-4-for-genesis-2-male

once you have those things, you can transfer a character like Wade as a single morph and get this:

wadesettings.jpg
    496 x 622 - 52K
    Wade.jpg
    618 x 800 - 168K
    edited December 1969

Here is Wade G2M (red pants) compared to Wade M4 (black pants) and Wade G2M (red pants) Wade Genesis (blue pants) and Wade M4 (black pants).

www.jpg
    800 x 640 - 243K
    wadeandwade.jpg
    618 x 800 - 226K
    edited July 2014

Wow.. Thanks for the quick response, TimG!

Oh.. oww... *Scratches the back of his head*
    I actually like the M4 one more then the Genesis-converted versions, but I guess some tweaking can be done still with proper morphs for Gen/G2M (Which are on my wish-list to be bought soon enough).

But that information was a lot easier to comprehend then the left-and-right tidbits I gathered so far!
    And thank you for the links! This is easier to comprehend.

However, you asked if it makes sense. It does make sense. Other questions, however, pop up now... I do hope you don't mind me asking, I'm here to learn. <=)</p>

Could you explain in simple terms (nooblet *Waves hand innocently*).. what the exact use of X2 is then?
    And the Add-On? Because... It seems the plugins and such you pointed do exactly everything the GenX2 describes. That is the most confusing of it all. No that I don't battle or say it's nonsense, I'm just trying to grasp the whole of it :) The technical side, but I feel like a child trying to understand higher math.

For a moment, to a noob like myself, it seemed it was all that packed in one (well, two) plugin(s).
    That you only need GenX2 and maybe the Add-On for GenX2, to replace all the others.

Sorry for not grasping it right away. <=)</p>

Post edited by Trollgoblin on
    edited December 1969

Originally, Dimension3D created the Generation X (GenX) plug-in for Daz Studio. That was designed so you could transfer all of your M4 & V4 based morphs (including A4, F4, S4) to Genesis.

When Daz brought out the 2nd generation of Genesis - Genesis2Male & Female, Generation X (GenX2)was revised to let you transfer to them, too, and allow you to transfer G2M & G2F into Genesis.

If you already bought the first version of Generation X, you could buy the upgrade to GenX2. If you don't already own the first version, you just buy the currently available version.

My opinion only: I prefer the versatility of Genesis compared to the G2F figures. I bought the G2 shapes for Genesis, which allow me to use new clothes for those figures on Genesis.

edited December 1969

That sounds more versatile, indeed. I'll take a good look around with the options you gave me!
    Thank you so much, TimG. You have no idea how much you helped me with this ^__^

~ a very grateful Nooblet. ^^

• MacSaversMacSavers Posts: 324
    edited July 2014

I've run into an issue. I think I know what the solution is, but to make sure I'm not missing something, I thought I'd post it here.

To start, I want to make one morph, not separate body and head morphs (which I'm afraid the solution will end up as). The V4 character is also not from Daz3D, but Renderosity, Exnem's Sandra.

I went through the QuickStart and also found some resources on YouTube, which I found very helpful.

Everything went fine and I had my new shape, but when I applied it, something odd has happened. I can get the body if I only dial in 0.50 on the dial, but the head is only halfway there. If I go the full 1.00, the head looks great, but the body becomes a mess. I have an image below to show the two dial setups. For comparison, I have the figures side by side by side by side. I use the V4.2 with Complete Perfect to test bends and the like to Genesis and Genesis 2.

So, is there some setting or some adjustment I can do to keep it as a single morph?

GenX2_conversion.jpg
    1440 x 720 - 170K
    Post edited by MacSavers on
    edited December 1969

My first guess is that the body morphs are set twice somehow and hence transferred in double strength than they should. This may happen because most body morphs in V4 are linked with linkParm, but GenX should recognize this and prevent the value being applied twice.

There are two options to deal with this:
    1. In the morph list, select "multi-controlled morphs only" for "show in list" of the context menu. This will hide dependent morphs and hence any double settings there.
    2. Go to the list of morphs and check directly if you find if some morphs are set twice to the same value, e.g. one time in bodyMorphs and one time in body or something like this.

• RenderPretenderRenderPretender Posts: 1,031
    edited December 1969

I have been trying to transfer the Gen2F Maximum Vasculum vascularity morphs to Genesis because I thought it might be a useful too for Genesis characters as well, but with no success. The morphs do transfer, as they show up when Genesis is selected, and the mesh appears to "move" when they are applied, but they don't really seem to do anything at all. The slider setting displays a range of 0 to 2 instead of the expected 0% to 200%, but even when I use the dialog box to use percentages, I get the same result. So, I wonder if someone can suggest a fix or the correct procedure. I am sure the morphs are selected for transfer.

Thank you.

edited December 1969

I checked on the 'multi-controlled morphs only' for 'show in list' and that seems to be already set. Perhaps it's a default, but I didn't need to re-select it.

When I checked the list, I decided to look at just one attribute that was checked in the Body section. I choose the PBMREctusAbdominus and it was also checked under the abdomen set under the body set.

If it's also in the Body, then do I just need to uncheck it in the other areas? Is there a way to check and remove those automatically?

edited December 1969

Okay, I unchecked any items that seemed to be duplicates, but nothing changed. It's still doubling the body morph and singling the head morph.

edited December 1969

I'm trying to use this AddOn to transfer morphs from Genesis 2 Male to Genesis 2 Female and vice versa, but none of the morphs are showing up in the GenX2 panel. What am I doing wrong?

Also, before anyone suggests that I watch the video where someone drags and drops morphs, that doesn't work for me. I can't drag and drop anything into it.

edited July 2014

What morphs are you trying to move? Drag and Drop is the only way it works, but if Daz Studio doesn't see the morph attached to the source then it won't add it to the GenX panel. As an example, if you are going from G2 Male to G2 Female and drag and drop a morph over but it's not specific to the G2 Male, it won't take. The morph has to be specific to the G2 Male in this case.

edited December 1969

MacSavers said:
    What morphs are you trying to move? Drag and Drop is the only way it works, but if Daz Studio doesn't see the morph attached to the source then it won't add it to the GenX panel. As an example, if you are going from G2 Male to G2 Female and drag and drop a morph over but it's not specific to the G2 Male, it won't take. The morph has to be specific to the G2 Male in this case.

The morph in question is Michael 6 Swole.

edited July 2014

Okay, this is just a guess, but since there is both a Swole for M6 and a Swole for Genesis on Daz3D, I would bet That Daz did their morph in a way that's not transferrable. I don't think they locked it per se, but it's possible their morph set isn't the standard that other morphs might be. At this point, I think only a Daz person could tell you why the morph isn't working. Even the text on the product says it's a custom built shape, so perhaps it's not even a morph.

edited December 1969

MacSavers said:
    Okay, this is just a guess, but since there is both a Swole for M6 and a Swole for Genesis on Daz3D, I would bet That Daz did their morph in a way that's not transferrable. I don't think they locked it per se, but it's possible their morph set isn't the standard that other morphs might be. At this point, I think only a Daz person could tell you why the morph isn't working. Even the text on the product says it's a custom built shape, so perhaps it's not even a morph.

That is an interesting theory, except I was capable of transferring Swole for Genesis, and the fact that both get their own respective sliders means that they are morphs.

edited July 2014

I wonder if it's geometry then. I know that one of the reasons they moved to having a separate male and female model with G2 was that there were enough differences between the sexes that it allowed them to make more realistic models. Perhaps some of the items it needs to do the morph are missing on the target G2 Female.

Have you tried moving the Swole from Genesis to G2 Female?

edited December 1969

MacSavers said:
    I wonder if it's geometry then. I know that one of the reasons they moved to having a separate male and female model with G2 was that there were enough differences between the sexes that it allowed them to make more realistic models. Perhaps some of the items it needs to do the morph are missing on the target G2 Female.

Have you tried moving the Swole from Genesis to G2 Female?

Yes I did move it. Swole 2 looks better (plus it doesn't do that weird thing with the cheeks and chin).

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited August 2014

Now, I am just STARTING using GenX, so don't get all complicated when you answer- keep it simple please. I have done a couple transfers of V4 to Genesis, but that was just following video tutorials and not much was explained, just "do this." Which was good to get me started.

V4 is my source, going onto Genesis. All that, no problem.
    But let's say I am doing just the head. I load the INJ for the head. Now for the questions:
    1.) instead of doing ALL the Morphs++, do I just bring over the head related ones to GenX?

2.) would I include the neck morphs++, if the answer to #1 was yes?

3. is a simpler way to do the V4 with just the head morphs++ and just to load V4 in a scene, apply all those head morphs++, then select the option in GenX to "Select>Get Values From Figure In Scene." ?

SereneNight asked a good question awhile back- she wanted to know if doing a lot of M4 conversions, instead of dragging him over and the morphs++ each time, is there an easier way. The answer was: Click ‘select’ and ‘transfer off for all’ AND ‘zero all’ it will put the figures back to the point where ++ is loaded and you can just drag the next one and rechoose ‘transfer on for non-zero figures’.

In relationship to what SereneNight asked-

1. After you answer about just getting the head morphs (#1 above) let's say I have whatever morphs++ I need in GenX, I did a V4 character head, and I want to do another head. If I do the "Select" >"Transfer off for all" AND "zero all" the answer to her question, above, states that will put the figures back to where ++ is loaded. Here's where I don't understand- If I simply next choose the "transfer on for non-zero figures" and if I have indeed done the ZERO ALL, then how the heck is ANYTHING going to be selected?? They're all zeroed out. Was something else missing in that reply? How do I get that second head to transfer/what settings do I have to change when I get the next head ready? (EDIT: In other words, those morphs++ all got zeroed out, so why would they transfer?)

:) Thanks. Just starting to piddle with this product.

Post edited by Novica on
  • NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited December 1969

I posted the 5th of August at 10pm. It is now the 8th of August. I have PMd the vendor a day ago.
    Perhaps they are on vacation.
    However, is this thread deserted?After two days, going on three- can anyone else help?

edited December 1969

*** Reminder: GenX2 upgrade offer ends August 15 ***

masi3vee: Maximum Vasculum are HD morphs. HD morphs are only transferred between Genesis 2 Male/Female, but not to Genesis. Because HD morphs include a LD version, GenX can transfer the standard resolution version, but results are not likely to be detailed.

MacSavers: Have you checked that all body morphs used in V4 are also shown in GenX? As far as I can tell from the product description, this should be a pure dialed character, but it is based on Morphs++, Muscle Morphs, and Elite Body Shapes.

MadDemon64: Only Poser figures and morphs are loaded by drag'n'drop from the content library. Genesis figures are loaded directly from the "Source" button. All morphs are loaded automatically. If some morphs are not listed, morphs for Genesis may be installed in more than one content folder. DS will load them in that case, but GenX only loads the morphs from the data folder where the geometry is located. You can simply move all the files into one data folder to fix this.

Novica:
    1. If there is a INJ pose for the head only, it will only set the values for head morphs. So nothing additional has to be done, just transfer the morph like any other. If the INJ pose sets both head and body, you can select the head morphs only and use "Highligthed > Transfer: On for non-zero values" to select only the head morphs for transfer. Any unselected morphs will be ignored, even if they have a value.
    2. Usually, the head morphs control the according neck morphs if they exist. So, GenX will include them automatically. Only if you have neck-only morphs you want to include in the transfer together with the head, you may need to include them explicitely.
    3. Applying everything in GenX directly should be simpler. Even if you apply the morphs to V4 in DS, you still need to load the morphs in GenX. "Select>Get Values From Figure In Scene" only sets the morph values, it doesn't load the morphs.
    4. Like for a figure in a scene, GenX has a clear separation of morphs and morph values. All morphs that are listed are available for transfer. But with the "Create Single Morph" mode, only morphs that are selected for transfer and have a non-zero value are actually transferred. If you want to transfer several characters, you load the figure and the morphs. Then, you repeatedly reset everything by setting all values to zero and deselecting all morphs (not needed for the first character), load the INJ pose to set the values for a character, select the non-zero morphs for transfer, and finally hit the transfer button.

• rf2016rf2016 Posts: 186
    edited August 2014

Did anyone find a solution for eyeballs and teeth?

This issue: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/38784

Post edited by rf2016 on
  • OstadanOstadan Posts: 1,123
    edited December 1969

I'm evidently overlooking something. I just installed these products (previously had GenX installed). Now I cannot find V4/M4/K4 nor any other 'Sources' than Gen/Gen2M/Gen2F. These figures live in my old Studio3 runtime. How do I persuade GenX to find them?