Sakura 8

Comments

• I think the only way to get what you want would be to render out masks, e.g a render where everything is black except Sakura 8, who is rendered as a flat white object with no shading. You could then use that mask to easily apply postwork/filters to only one part of the render without affecting the other.

Unfortunately, I don't know of an easy way to do this in Daz Studio out of the box. Out of the box, you'd have to manually go through each surface in your scene and change it to either flat black or flat white and then re-render. Fortunately there does exist at least one plugin that can automate this for you; https://www.daz3d.com/mask-and-multipass-toolbox . I don't own it myself (it's on my wishlist), so I can't say for sure if it works with iray.

• tcassattcassat Posts: 73
    edited April 2018

I added sparkles in the eyes in an image editor. What do you think of the result?

Note: ignore the imperfections of the model, I still have to figure out how to take the nostrils without making the nose deformed

Post edited by tcassat on
  • murgatroyd314murgatroyd314 Posts: 1,472

I believe this contains exactly what you want.

• Worlds_EdgeWorlds_Edge Posts: 2,147

The eye glow looks good!

Regarding hiding parts of the figure’s body behind objects, you can put them in photoshop in layers. Then you use a mask to hide or reveal parts of the layer.  

• MollytabbyMollytabby Posts: 1,163
    edited April 2018

The updates to this thread made me realise I hadn't used Sakura for quite a while. So I opened up Daz Studio and loaded up one of the characters for her. This is the result, several days later. (I went down a rabbit hole, lol).

18-04-21-zombie-disposal-team-web.jpg
    2000 x 1538 - 2M
    Post edited by Mollytabby on
  • Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,951
    Redfern said:

For a second I thought you had access to some 3D printing, then I realized the hand as well as the "figure" was CG.  You almost got me.

Sincerely,

Bill

The figure looked like it could be real figurine but the hand does not look that realistic to me.

• Been playing with her as well again but been trying to get Sasuke to look more male so to speak.. 

• edited April 2018

Testing for a male to go with her.  Need to fix eyes though .. 

Male test.png
    551 x 665 - 246K
    Post edited by noshobawolf_f994bf986d on
  • MollytabbyMollytabby Posts: 1,163

Testing for a male to go with her.  Need to fix eyes though .. 

He looks good!

• Worlds_EdgeWorlds_Edge Posts: 2,147

He does look good. Much more masculine. Nice job. 

• Thanks you two.  I was just getting tired of the too femine comments with Sasuke. I do like him but just couldn't get him to work on the G8F body though. So went to work with G8M.  

Question would anime eyes for G3M work on G8M or do I have to apply manually? 

• EJWorksEJWorks Posts: 483

My characters Natsumi and Noa. I decided to use different style for these two stories I'm working on and decided to do a comparison of the lead characters. Natsumi is made using Sakura 8 and some body shape add-ons for Aiko8. Noa is made using Aiko 7 before Daz started turning out the stylized characters for the current generation.

Natsumi and Noa.jpg
    1393 x 878 - 253K
  • edited April 2018

Nice render EJ.  

Ok lets see if this worked for the eyes.  

Male Sakura companion.png
    636 x 665 - 327K
  • edited April 2018

okay a little better comparision. 

Male Sakura companion III.png
    636 x 665 - 211K
  • Really wish I could respond to the green banners.
  • SlaghtonSlaghton Posts: 2
    edited April 2018

A blend between sakura 8 and the default gen 8 female model (since that's all I have atm cheeky)

(Hm, not sure how to do fuller size pictures like above on here) 

Edit - Thanks noshobawolf_f994bf986d!

Sakura_Blend.png
    700 x 538 - 428K
    Post edited by Slaghton on
  • Open your attachment in separate tab. Copy the link. Click edit your comment. Not sure how to desribe it but click icon for image and paste link. Then save comment.
  • 3dOutlaw3dOutlaw Posts: 2,470

So I picked up Rarestone's Japanese Anime Poses for Sakura 8 and Genesis 8 Female(s) in the last sale!  Here is an image using one of the poses, and the snaggletooth morph cheeky (click for a big size, its a big one!)  I threw in a little dForce on the Cardigan.  They did a good job on that feature, it's simple to use! yes

Click for Bigger Size!

edited May 2018

Getting lonely in this thread, the hype has passed, I guess.  Bueller... (...does using that make me old?)  cheeky 

This was a different style (in a way) for me, used a more realistic eye, wet settings on it, versus the fake reflection, a LIE blush on my goto skin shader, wet shader on lips, and a GeoShell eyeliner.  Also, another using dForce, on the Paris Tail hair (one of my favorites, but it has limited adjustments) with dForce just on the tail.  I was too lazy to add it to the wisps on the front, but could be done easily.

Oh, and another pose from the set above, adjusted a little, as the bend in her back was going to kill her!

Post edited by 3dOutlaw on
  • FenixPhoenixFenixPhoenix Posts: 3,064
    3dOutlaw said:

Getting lonely in this thread, the hype has passed, I guess.  Bueller... (...does using that make me old?)  cheeky 

This was a different style (in a way) for me, used a more realistic eye, wet settings on it, versus the fake reflection, a LIE blush on my goto skin shader, wet shader on lips, and a GeoShell eyeliner.  Also, another using dForce, on the Paris Tail hair (one of my favorites, but it has limited adjustments) with dForce just on the tail.  I was too lazy to add it to the wisps on the front, but could be done easily.

Oh, and another pose from the set above, adjusted a little, as the bend in her back was going to kill her!

She looks really cute!

• edited May 2018

I am sorry 3d I have been doing things with her . Just nothing I feel good enough to post yet.  And she does look good.  

No problem, there is always another cool thing coming around the corner!  I thin the lack of a matching guy dampened the excitement, even though there are many good blends.  I was getting hooked reading the things they are doing in the dForce thread.  I may spend some time there, it's cool!   laugh  ...though I might just use this gal in a couple of scenes first!

• Actually part of what took up my time , along with work is I got a request to put together a texture set.  Honestly I keep using her and I have a male I am happy with for now. I totally agree they screwed the pooch on not bringing out a male.  I still have hope there.  Ollie and Eddie made me gag I am sorry to say.  I am happy with Mika 8 though. I used to blend Mika 7 with Star to create a reasonable anime girl for my renders before Sakura came out.  Mixing Mika 8 with Sakura and getting nice results right now.  Been having Jethro Tull flashbacks lol  so doing something along those lines as we type.  

edited May 2018

Mixing Mika 8 with Sakura and getting nice results right now

Be cool to see what you get, when you get a chance!  I have meant to try a Karyssa blend as well.  Leo Lee just went on sale, so I got my last Sakura wishlist items with coupon.  yes

Post edited by 3dOutlaw on
  • TryhardTryhard Posts: 166
    edited May 2018

Here's some of my recent work for you folks:

Post edited by Tryhard on

Looks good!  yes

• Looks very good. 3d I will post some renders up this weekend.

Watching her favorite anime, can you guess which one?  Have a great weekend all! laugh

• MusclemanMuscleman Posts: 3,000
    Tryhard said:

Here's some of my recent work for you folks:

Great|!! And Sakura need more support and more anime/toon hair!!!

• edited May 2018

No one on this thread will argue with that sentiment.  Heck I would love some just plain Hime cut hair and some for the males that doesn't extremely realistic. 

Out of curiousity what hair figure is that?