Sakura 8

Comments

• Tail is Versatail from over at rendo. Darn thing even renders well in Iray.
  • edited April 2018

Ok Dreamer here is a render with the ears just parented.   And once again thank you for those ears.  Took a good bit of time to reshape them but they definitely work with the hair better lol. 

Sadly the Versatail is no longer over at rendo .  I bought it a long time ago and never regretted. Will usually replace any poroduct that uses a tail with instead of the one it came with. Wish I knew if there was a way to get it some where else.  

Ear test 2.png
    551 x 665 - 253K
    Post edited by noshobawolf_f994bf986d on
  • 3dOutlaw3dOutlaw Posts: 2,470

...and now for something completeley different! cheeky  Orc-kura, or Sak-Orca, or..., forget it.  Click for bigger image!  

(sorry, her shirt is a little skimpy...I may need to change that.  I got tired of trying to find and kitbash something orc-esque)

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929
    3dOutlaw said:

...and now for something completeley different! cheeky  Orc-kura, or Sak-Orca, or..., forget it.  Click for bigger image!  

(sorry, her shirt is a little skimpy...I may need to change that.  I got tired of trying to find and kitbash something orc-esque)

Wow, that looks so good.

• edited April 2018

Looks good but I wouldn't use Sak-orca since that would be a whale of a mistake ..  dives for cover. 

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,740
    edited April 2018

Ok Dreamer here is a render with the ears just parented.   And once again thank you for those ears.  Took a good bit of time to reshape them but they definitely work with the hair better lol. 

Sadly the Versatail is no longer over at rendo .  I bought it a long time ago and never regretted. Will usually replace any poroduct that uses a tail with instead of the one it came with. Wish I knew if there was a way to get it some where else.  

Maybe one of the tails from Lady Littlefox's toon characters would work? I keep thinking I've recently seen an outfit with a tail recently though. Maybe Rarestone? Yes, here, but a kitty tail not a fox... https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-kitty-sweater-for-genesis-8-female-s

Post edited by Wonderland on
  •  

Maybe one of the tails from Lady Littlefox's toon characters would work? I keep thinking I've recently seen an outfit with a tail recently though. Maybe Rarestone? Yes, here, but a kitty tail not a fox... https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-kitty-sweater-for-genesis-8-female-s

Actually one of the other tails that works well is the Kibri dress for G2f.  The tail works rather well. Only reason I don't use it is the LAMH preset  and having to hide the bodice it is attached to . Renders well in 3DL but obviouslyu won't in Iray.  And I am not knocking LAMH because I do use it myself and was in middle of making a set of ears with it when I got beat to it lol.  

https://www.daz3d.com/kibri-dress-for-genesis-2-females

• Worlds_EdgeWorlds_Edge Posts: 2,145

@3doutlaw - Sakura orca looks great!  I'd never have thought of changing her up like that, what a wonderful and successful idea.

• You know Aprilysh(?) really needs to do an updated version of cuffed tail hair. I still make heavy use of it and Mitsu hair even after all these many years after their release. Is it just me or the new pro bundles getting monotonous?
  • JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,254

The Foxy Lounge outfit from i13 was in the mega fastgrab a day or so ago. It has a tail and ears. Neither are attempting to look *real*, but they might work to be going on with. 

The really old Catgirl for A3 has a Fox girl and a Bunny girl add on. But they are even less realistic. 

Littlefox may well have something somewhere in her back catalogue. Although some of them may be old Melody and Micha addons and the bases need a way of getting into the RTE encoding to decrypt them. The stuff for Peaches and Pickles are recent enough that they might be usable though.

• HeraHera Posts: 1,952

Still no sign of her BF unfortunately.

I still have her in my wishilst hoping for him (Hiro 8???) to show up.

• More likely to get Kenji before him. Hiro would probably come in looking like Aiko vs Sakura. But who knows they are cycling through so many names right now with these facetious pro bundles, we might. Please no female Ollie.

Speaking of tails, I can't remember if Krystal Starfox' tail came with the freebie set or not, but may be worth a check (Google:  "littledragon starfox")

• All this from dreamer asking about the tail I used. I have all of those mentioned already. Just wish the one was still for sale so others could get it. It morphs into multiple shapes. One tail for everything.
  • RedfernRedfern Posts: 1,582
    3dOutlaw said:

Speaking of tails, I can't remember if Krystal Starfox' tail came with the freebie set or not, but may be worth a check (Google:  "littledragon starfox")

That tail will be useless to D*Z Studio users.  Little Dragon employed Poser's "Hair Room" to create that effect.

Sincerely,

Bill

Sure, but wouldn't the actual tail work, but the "hair" would require a LAMH or something?  I've got it, and can give it a whirl...I'll post back with what I get, on Sakura, of course. cheeky

Anyway, One-Tail-To-Rule-Them-All, like the versatail...wouldn't the Creature Creator Add-On tail work?  It can be morphed into all types of shapes, and is on sale.

• edited April 2018
    Not really because it is all in how it looks in a render. Versatail that I use has zero postwork to get it to look like that. Creature creator addons do. I will post something later to show what mean . It is all in the fur.

If you're just wanting a tail figure that can be morphed into various shapes and employs the concept of nested, transparency mapped cones to simulate the fur like the Versa-Tail (which vanished when JENelson closed his store), then I'd recommend Little Dragon's "Bushy Tail 2".  Basically, it's a slightly less "robust" version of Versa-Tail.  Nelson apparently studied how Litle Dragon designed his and then created a fancier version (more morphs, more segments, etc.) he could call his own and sell.

Never the less, LD's version still offers a lot, plus it's free.  If Versa-Tail works in DS, then I'd think "Bushy Tail" can as well.

http://littledragon.francemi.net/misc_01.htm

the link above shows several Little Dragon goodies, but the "Bushy Tail" is easily spotted.

Sincerely,

Bill

edited April 2018

Yep, I was playing with the BushyTail, like you mentioned.  This is an iray render of it...adding a tweaked iRAY SS texture.  Comes out pretty good.  You can ignore the fact that Krystal is in the image...it's just where I started.  :)

The second one I made hair longer and softer using the bushytail and taper morphs, reducing the fox morph...same effect softer/longer hair.  (click images for bigger)  I did not let either "cook" for very long, since just playing...

Post edited by 3dOutlaw on
  • Yes that on worked rather well. Kind of lost track of it because my runtimes are way too large lol.
    edited April 2018

Yea!  I got my new chibi Sakura today!  laugh  ...no, it's not real, but it would be cute! 

Post edited by 3dOutlaw on

For a second I thought you had access to some 3D printing, then I realized the hand as well as the "figure" was CG.  You almost got me.

Sincerely,

Bill

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,861
    edited April 2018

Sakura 8 and Sasuke.

Sakura8Sasuke.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 548K
    Post edited by Artini on
    Redfern said:

For a second I thought you had access to some 3D printing, then I realized the hand as well as the "figure" was CG.  You almost got me.

Sincerely,

Bill

Me too!

• tcassattcassat Posts: 67
    edited April 2018

Hello guys.

I'm trying to create scenes with "Sketchy Toon Shader" and Sakura 8 collection models. This was the last image I created, but there's something bothering me about it: the textures of the scenery have been very realistic and contrasting with the model of the character.

Example image:

What do you think? Do the realistic textures really contrast with the character or am I seeing problems where there is not? If you guys agree, what could I do to make the scenery looks like a "toon" style? Edit the textures in an image editor? Or is there a simpler way to get a good result?

Post edited by Chohole on
  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929
    tcassat said:

Hello guys.

I'm trying to create scenes with "Sketchy Toon Shader" and Sakura 8 collection models. This was the last image I created, but there's something bothering me about it: the textures of the scenery have been very realistic and contrasting with the model of the character.

Example image:

What do you think? Do the realistic textures really contrast with the character or am I seeing problems where there is not? If you guys agree, what could I do to make the scenery looks like a "toon" style? Edit the textures in an image editor? Or is there a simpler way to get a good result?

I think it accentuates the Sakura 8 character but isn't too jarring a contrast between realistic & toon, mostly because Sakura is realistically shaded, if not realistically modeled. If both were toony then the emphasis on Sakura 8 would be lost somewhat, unless you when to a low detail toon style or a 2D toon style.

Although it looks good, I do see your point. You could use topaz clean cartoon effect on the background.   You can either do so by  rendering the background separately and running it through the filter, or you could run the whole render through the filter but mask Sakura out. 

Although it looks good, I do see your point. You could use topaz clean cartoon effect on the background.   You can either do so by  rendering the background separately and running it through the filter, or you could run the whole render through the filter but mask Sakura out. 

Thanks. I'm noob in DAZ, is it possible for me to render only the character in the above scene so that the parts of the body that are obstructed by the objects appear as transparency in the render? So I could render the scene and then the character and it would be infinitely easier to apply the effects only in the scenario later.

Another question: I bought Sakura Eyes and they are great, however, they do not match with 3D models rendered with Iray as this image demonstrates:

This image is a bit creepy, in my opinion, because the eyes look like 2D in a 3D model, as if someone had "painted" the eyes on a 3D object, or as if it were a mask and not the actual eyes of the model. Maybe that's why the image is on the threshold of the "Uncanny Valley".

My question is: how could I make the eyes look more alive and realistic? Should I look for other eyes of other models and try to adapt? Or is there a way to making these eyes look brighter and more alive?

To render separately, you can just click the eyeballs next to the character and her elements (clothes, hair) to make them invisible, then render. Then do the reverse by turning off the eyeballs for non-character elements but turning her back on, then rendering. 

The eyes look ok to me but you could start a new thread askingy that specific question because I know there are people out there who know eye specific setting tweaks. Personally, in post work, I often put a stripe or dot of white over part of the eye and change the blending mode to overlay or soft light to give it a shine. That is in photoshop but other programs like gimp have similar functions. 

To render separately, you can just click the eyeballs next to the character and her elements (clothes, hair) to make them invisible, then render. Then do the reverse by turning off the eyeballs for non-character elements but turning her back on, then rendering. 

The eyes look ok to me but you could start a new thread askingy that specific question because I know there are people out there who know eye specific setting tweaks. Personally, in post work, I often put a stripe or dot of white over part of the eye and change the blending mode to overlay or soft light to give it a shine. That is in photoshop but other programs like gimp have similar functions. 

Fortunately, "Sakura Eyes" from 3DOutlaw lets me get the glare out of the eye, so I'll try rendering the eye without the glare and add it later in the GIMP, following your instructions.

Regarding the rendering of things separately, I still have the doubt whether it is possible to render the girl (without the scenery), but so that parts of her that are obstructed by objects (eg.: the legs) are not rendered, even though the objects are invisible. I'm going to create a topic about this in the novice area...

Thanks!