Sakura 8

Another Character I didn't see coming! Loving G8's variety, so far!

sakura8_main_1.jpg
960 x 1248 - 155K

Comments

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,683

And so we're back to Aiko 3... Which is great. I loved Aiko 3 and now she can move better and is more morphable laugh

• lx_2807502lx_2807502 Posts: 2,996
    edited December 2017

Character looks great, deal for new customers looks great.

...Nothing for those that actually bought those two previous bundles at all? Or has it just not shown up yet?

Edit:

I'm seeing Sakura Pro and extras at 69% off but Sakura herself and items from her bundle at only 61%

So 20% offer for owners of the pro bundles on the new pro bundle..? I'm not good at Daz math.

Post edited by lx_2807502 on
  • Well, I think this is a really great. I like pretty much like everything in the bundle including the hair, clothes, characters, and poses. You also get the other two pro bundles for free if you get the pro bundle. For like $61 CAD for the three pro bundles this is a really great deal. 

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,551

She looks great. I dont' render toons but I'm sure plenty will be pleased with her.

• dragotxdragotx Posts: 1,134

Is https://www.daz3d.com/long-pigtail-anime-hair supposed to be included with the Pro bundle?  It's featured in the Pro Bundle section of the page, but not mentioned in the bundle itself or on it's page.  Also has no regular promos, only what looks like a low resolution thumbnail image

• frankrblowfrankrblow Posts: 2,052
    edited December 2017

Edited: TWO hairs, as per Richard John S, below. Bun hair and Pigtails. And the promo for the Pigtails is one of the worst I've seen in a long time.

Have this bundle in my cart, because I want the Keiko and Callie bundles. For $46.29 (PC members get more off). But I'm wavering. Buy or don't buy? Hmm...

Post edited by frankrblow on

There should be 2 hairs in a pro bundle (at least based on every other pro bundle for years now.)

The base image on the anime bun hair is messed up too. Going to hold off to see if things sort themselves out.

• lx said:

There should be 2 hairs in a pro bundle (at least based on every other pro bundle for years now.)

The base image on the anime bun hair is messed up too. Going to hold off to see if things sort themselves out.

There are two hairs in the bundle, Long Pigtail Anime Hair for Genesis 3 and 8 Female(s), is also included but doesn't who in the boxes but at the bottom of the page in the text. However, Sakura 8 is not showing as downloadable in the pro bundle. All though I bought the pro bundle, it still shows that I need to buy Sakura 8 base character... Clearly DAZ made an error because Sakura 8 base figure is supposed to be in the pro bundle!

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,242
    edited December 2017

The Anime Long pigtail Hair shows up in the downloads with the Pro Bundle. ANd it shows up by itself on the store page now.

But the base character doesn't show up in the downloads, and while the Bundle *claims* to include the character, her thumbnail isn't among the products included.

Time to fill out a ticket.

And a Dreamlight tutorial shows up in the bundle instead of the character. Definitely time to fill out a ticket.

Post edited by JOdel on
  • Wow, this looks like an anime character done right. Something wonky about the release though.

• Can someone check the eyes? Are they huge round balls that can be rotated, or more like flat planes? The iris distortion on a lot of the characters has me extremely worried.

What's the hair in the main promo image? (the black one at the top of this page)

• I think she looks cute. I can see having a lot of fun with her.

• Can someone confirm that the base character is in the pro bundle? I purchased it and downloded the contents but theres no base figure in my products owned

• Richard John SRichard John S Posts: 389
    edited December 2017
    fatel666 said:

Can someone confirm that the base character is in the pro bundle? I purchased it and downloded the contents but theres no base figure in my products owned

I bought the pro bundle. It should be in the pro bundle, but it's not showing up.

Capture3.PNG
    673 x 32 - 12K
    Post edited by Richard John S on
  • JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,242

Ticket 1 has been submitted on this. Additional tickets might get quicker respones.

• JOdel said:

Ticket 1 has been submitted on this. Additional tickets might get quicker respones.

I submitted mine as well.

• Yeah I submitted one as well

• frankrblowfrankrblow Posts: 2,052
    edited December 2017
    JOdel said:

But the base character doesn't show up in the downloads, and while the Bundle *claims* to include the character, her thumbnail isn't among the products included.

And a Dreamlight tutorial shows up in the bundle instead of the character. Definitely time to fill out a ticket.

UPDATE: Since my last post here, the Sakura 8 base fighre has turned up in my DIM. Ticket has been amended to "Resolved".

Post edited by frankrblow on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,501

...OK Daz, really making it hard to resist G8 with this one.

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,270
    edited December 2017

I'm SO GLAD she's finally out! Keeping my mouth shut about her has been hard - because she's so cute! lol Now I can finally show some renders of her from a pose and expression set for her I'm working on. :)

Post edited by 3Diva on
  • dreamfarmerdreamfarmer Posts: 2,128

Once people can download her.... how does she blend?

• nono Posts: 43

Wow, glad I came to the forum first. I know mistakes happen but not including the base character? Jeeez.

Anyway the character looks great! Definitely the best Daz anime character so far. Also extremely customizable - check out at all those partial morphs and material options.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,501

...Divamakeup, you just broke my Cute-O-Meter (and possibly my bank account).

Can someone check the eyes? Are they huge round balls that can be rotated, or more like flat planes? The iris distortion on a lot of the characters has me extremely worried.

Due to them being Anime-Like, the eyes aren't big round balls like "real human" eyes. They're not perfectly flat, but they aren't totally around either. 

• Can someone check the eyes? Are they huge round balls that can be rotated, or more like flat planes? The iris distortion on a lot of the characters has me extremely worried.

Due to them being Anime-Like, the eyes aren't big round balls like "real human" eyes. They're not perfectly flat, but they aren't totally around either. 

Boo. See the Precious figures for anime style eyes that can still rotate and otherwise behave normally, I was really hoping that example would carry over into new figures.

Can someone check the eyes? Are they huge round balls that can be rotated, or more like flat planes? The iris distortion on a lot of the characters has me extremely worried.

Boo. See the Precious figures for anime style eyes that can still rotate and otherwise behave normally, I was really hoping that example would carry over into new figures.

lol Her eyes do rotate.

• RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,798
    edited December 2017

I was hoping Sakura 8 would be the new Keiko! :)

Now here's to hoping she gets a male counterpart...

Post edited by RCDeschene on
  • M F MM F M Posts: 1,388
    edited December 2017

Earlier,

JOdel said:

I can confirm that the base Sakura 8 does not appear in DIM or in my products page after getting Pro bundle. Ticket submitted.

At this point in time, the base Sakura 8 _does_ show up in my DIM (and my products page), after getting the Pro bundle. (^_^)d

Post edited by M F M on

lol Her eyes do rotate.

How, if they're not round? The socket wouldn't align to the eye anymore.