Sakura 8

Comments

• 3dOutlaw3dOutlaw Posts: 2,470

@DisparateDreamer, cute render! yes

• dreamfarmerdreamfarmer Posts: 2,128

I hope Rarestone knows just how long the thread dedicated to her model is. I still haven't given up hope that she's modeling a boy too. That sale recently kind of worried me a little; I'd much rather have had a new product to trigger the backlist sale!

• Honestly I foresee this thread getting a lot longer.  I think she has proven very popular amoung us that were big Aiko 3 fans and since we  finally have something more updated and flexible.  

• I honestly don't know how I lived without Rarestone's stuff... cutest characters, great add on morphs, detailed clothing... adorable poses... just can't live without it! 

I honestly did not realize Rarestone was a she versus a he cheeky

• Pet said:

You are very welcome. I still think this thread needs a pinned first post of all the links and things that have been done for her so far. :D

• edited June 2018

really liking Canary3D's manga backgrounds. Grateful for new Uvmap for the eyeballs as well.  Really need to fix that the Black but the gray texture I am starting to want to play with even more lol. 

Fox Textures.png
    1300 x 1000 - 3M
    Post edited by Chohole on
  • EJWorksEJWorks Posts: 483

I'm working on some Avengers fanart. These are my first go at an anime style Mantis using Sakura 8. If you have suggestions on clothing/hair/morphs I'd love to know.

Details on what was used will be posted with the picture in my gallary.

Mantis 02.jpg
    1004 x 878 - 199K
    Mantis 03.jpg
    1004 x 878 - 59K
    Mantis 03.2.jpg
    1004 x 878 - 758K
  • She looks good.  Not as sure as I used to be on Marvel heros any more.  Have a rather large comic collection in storage lol.  Just got tired of all the reboots and stopped collecting.  I might flatten the antenna a little and perhaps end in a point but it looks like you nailed her. 

I like that Mantis!  

I've been away playing Neir on Xbox...either 3D or Gaming, don't have timefor both. cheeky  Gaming is winning right now, but took a timeout for this one!

• @3dOutlaw Absolutely gorgeous!

• EJWorksEJWorks Posts: 483

She looks good.  Not as sure as I used to be on Marvel heros any more.  Have a rather large comic collection in storage lol.  Just got tired of all the reboots and stopped collecting.  I might flatten the antenna a little and perhaps end in a point but it looks like you nailed her. 

Thank you. I'll have to play with the anatna some more.

3dOutlaw said:

I like that Mantis! 

Thanks. I'm not famaliar with Neir, interesting character.

• edited July 2018

Just messing around for a commision I am having done.  Still figuring out whether to go with blue or the red for fox form. 

Kasumi character reference resize.png
    615 x 800 - 1M
    Kasumi Kitsune.png
    566 x 800 - 777K
    Post edited by noshobawolf_f994bf986d on

I like the blue/grey best.  White hair gives her a cool snowy style, and it matches the ears better too! wink

I am still playing games... yes

• I am partial to the blue as well but it is a color I tend to over use as it is my favorite lol.  They are all the same character.  Just been updating the character preset I did for my innocence renders. Yes including the one that got me in trouble with the nudity rules lol.   I have kind of have her a little more flashy in human form Because it is more like camoflage. I just wish Littlefox had done a twintail that matched up with her D4M Faith hair which is my primary anime hair of choice. 

• Tanis VoltaTanis Volta Posts: 550

I still waiting for a sakura male pro version, please CA comission the best PA to do this

• edited July 2018
    EquisVoid said:

I still waiting for a sakura male pro version, please CA comission the best PA to do this

I put the odds at so close to zero it is zero.   Go look at Daz's tendency to put out a matching figure almost immediately after the release of one .  Didn't happen here.  look at Sasuke as being as close as we are going to get.  If Daz had planned a male they would not have released him instead.  Most of us have already kitbashed up credible male alternatives that we really haven't pushed all that hard in this niche.  To paraphrase from a recent conversation with Sickleyield over on DA..  only squinty eyed cowboy types sell ... lol 

I’m still waiting and hoping. Because this was a buyout, it could still happen that Rarestone herself makes a stylistically similar boy. 

• I’m still waiting and hoping. Because this was a buyout, it could still happen that Rarestone herself makes a stylistically similar boy. 

We can hope. Didn't say the odds were completelt zero  but that was a very interesting conversation with Sickleyield.  I have understood the dynamics of sales here but she did some fine tuning on that understanding.  Muwawya over at rendo just put out a new anime male to go with his female btw.  For a first effort that made it to the store it isn't badly done.  Like his clothing products they will get better with time. 

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,253

Muwawya has a very good grasp on one particular variant of Anime style. What it looks like to me is that he has finally released his promo characters. Because he's been using what look like exactly those characters in his promos for the last couple of years. I'm very pleased to see that he released them for both G3 and G8 (G8 had't come out when he released his first products, I think.)

They have much the same attraction as A3 and H3, although I think they are from a different Anime source (not surprising, since it's been over a decade since A3 and H3 were released).

• JOdel said:

Muwawya has a very good grasp on one particular variant of Anime style. What it looks like to me is that he has finally released his promo characters. Because he's been using what look like exactly those characters in his promos for the last couple of years. I'm very pleased to see that he released them for both G3 and G8 (G8 had't come out when he released his first products, I think.)

They have much the same attraction as A3 and H3, although I think they are from a different Anime source (not surprising, since it's been over a decade since A3 and H3 were released).

He started with stuff for Genesis 2  and yes I kind of recognize the style as well  but for the life of me I can't name it.  I was glad he put them out truthfully and generally do buy his stuff as it comes out since it is a great source for kitbashing.  Throwing a little Sakura into both did a nice job of adjusting them to something a little older to play with.  Spent part of my day off  seeing just what I could do with them.  

I am thinking hard about Ayumu. He isn’t the anime boy I want but he might be a good mixer for getting there...

• I am thinking hard about Ayumu. He isn’t the anime boy I want but he might be a good mixer for getting there...

Yoko isn't that bad either. Warning though they are actually shorter than Sakura and Sasuke.  I had to scale the figure up in that render in the other thread. 

• edited July 2018

Hmm ran into a surprise can't remember Iray not casting shadows in default setting . Help

Kasumi pose.png
    800 x 565 - 639K
  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929

Hmm ran into a surprise can't remember Iray not casting shadows in default setting . Help

You must configured iRay Renderer Environment section 'Draw Ground' off and No Background or HRDI or other Scene models either but you can see the shadows on the character itself.

• Tried all that and still not casting shadows on ground oddly enough. 

• seeker273seeker273 Posts: 449
    edited July 2018

I am thinking hard about Ayumu. He isn’t the anime boy I want but he might be a good mixer for getting there...

I really like both Ayumu and Yoko, but I don't think they match stylistically to Sakura. I wish we could use her eyes for male characters.

1.jpg
    797 x 1000 - 707K
    2.jpg
    797 x 1000 - 720K
    Post edited by seeker273 on
  • Nice renders.  They don't  but blended with Sakura they do nicely. Nice renders btw.  Pretty good for softening Sakura's sharp edges for those that want a slightly softer look. 

• edited July 2018

Daz just scored a first.   They put a pro bundle that had absolutely nothing in the add ons or the bundles that I wanted..  Well actually they did when I logged in  this morning but then deleted the ones I would have been willing to fork out funds  for .   Sorry for the rant.   Back on topic.  Ok got Ayumu to transfer over to Sakura/Sasuke.  

test.png
    566 x 800 - 375K