Sakura 8

Comments

• 3dOutlaw3dOutlaw Posts: 2,470

OK, so here is my attempt at a Happy/Smile expression.  (mouth only, the eyes were me toying with the eyelids the other day) 

My blended character on the left, and Sakura default on the right (with the same settings).  I basically was undoing the natural/realistic curves to make it more "smooth/fake" but still cute.  Sakura default did not work as good (same settings), but she was not my goal.  I was just curious how the same settings worked on the default.

Once I got that working, the normal dials "played nicer" to make bigger smiles yes

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287

Looks good, @3dOutlaw :)

• Looks good 3D.  Also thanks for posting the freebies on DA. 

• Looks very good, @3doutlaw, cute character!

• Worlds_EdgeWorlds_Edge Posts: 2,145

Excellent @3doutlaw 

• dreamfarmerdreamfarmer Posts: 2,128

That's a great smile.

• 3dOutlaw3dOutlaw Posts: 2,470

Thanks all! blush 

Here are some tips on what I did, in case they help anyone out.  For example, Smile Open just did not work using the dial alone, imo.  Basically, I focused adjustments on the least amount of things to deliver the best results to refine it more anime-ish, less realistic.

This turned into modifying the below after applying full Smile Open:

• Lip Corner (lower and upper)
      • Adjusting Z Forward, Y Up and X Out
    • Max AnimeTeeth
    • Min Teeth Gap
    • Upper Jaw Y Trans Up
    • Hide lower Jaw

Results, the top two pics are the default Smile Open on default Sakura8, the bottom two pics are the adjustments to remove some of the cheek muscle effects and tweaking the teeth.  This is all a matter of taste, so take it or leave it!  :)

Here is my wannabe Aoshi.  He's a wannabe because I adore @giselle3000's Aoshi and used her presets, but did not have all the requirements to make mine identical.  Also don't have transfer utility (or something) which, I think, is why I was unable to use the Sakura eyes and eybrows.  I'm not sure because I suck at kitbashing and have no idea what I'm doing half the time, lol.  It took me hours to figure out how to at least get some eyeliner on the boy to make his eyes just a little more anime looking.  Verdict:  I like the character, but without the large eyes, I don't think he fits into Sakura's world real well.  He looks wolfish and she looks innocent.  BTW, great preset giselle, I will be using it as a base for others, I'm quite certain.  Thank you for making it available :)

Aoshi wannabe with Sakura.jpg
    790 x 1000 - 263K
  • FenixPhoenixFenixPhoenix Posts: 3,035
    edited February 2018

Here is my wannabe Aoshi.  He's a wannabe because I adore @giselle3000's Aoshi and used her presets, but did not have all the requirements to make mine identical.  Also don't have transfer utility (or something) which, I think, is why I was unable to use the Sakura eyes and eybrows.  I'm not sure because I suck at kitbashing and have no idea what I'm doing half the time, lol.  It took me hours to figure out how to at least get some eyeliner on the boy to make his eyes just a little more anime looking.  Verdict:  I like the character, but without the large eyes, I don't think he fits into Sakura's world real well.  He looks wolfish and she looks innocent.  BTW, great preset giselle, I will be using it as a base for others, I'm quite certain.  Thank you for making it available :)

I think you're getting mostly the Kenji shape. If you use Singular Blue's script, you can transfer the G8M anime head (we linked to it much earlier in this thread) to G3M and then you can just dial that in. Although, you could also try transferring Sakura 8 to G3M then dialing her face into what you're getting for Aoshi. In the package, I did include a "scene subset" where I'd already parented the eyes. However, they won't look good with the shape you got, since the eye sockets aren't big enough to fit it (that's where dialing anime head comes into play, though you also need the Genesis 3 Male Head Morphs --since I used those to enlarge the eyes even more).

Post edited by FenixPhoenix on

Thanks for the tips Giselle, I will play with that a little more.  I did start off with the scene subset, but the eyes/eyebrows were far from the face, looked grayed out (until rendered) and didn't sit quite right for me.  As you said, maybe if I am able to get the anime head dialed in, it will work.  Thanks again!

• Hey Giselle . You may be right about something we talked about over on DA.  Going to give it a shot after this render finishes.  

• QuixotryQuixotry Posts: 903
    edited February 2018

I decided to try making my own male morph for Sakura just because it looked like fun and I was so impressed with the different male characters people have been creating for her. Here's the result: Sakuro Freebie for Sakura 8

I saved him as a scene subset rather than a full character preset because I didn't know how else to package him without losing the parented eyebrows and eyes. (I was also slightly paranoid about somehow accidentally redistributing Sakura 8's files or the morphs I used so that seemed a good way to avoid that.) 

I've only tested him on my own computers, so if anyone tries to use him and has problems let me know and I'll see what I can do. 

Sakuro Promo.jpg
    800 x 1035 - 527K
    Post edited by Quixotry on
  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,944

I decided to try making my own male morph for Sakura just because it looked like fun and I was so impressed with the different male characters people have been creating for her. Here's the result: Sakuro Freebie for Sakura 8

I saved him as a scene subset rather than a full character preset because I didn't know how else to package him without losing the parented eyebrows and eyes. (I was also slightly paranoid about somehow accidentally redistributing Sakura 8's files or the morphs I used so that seemed a good way to avoid that.) 

I've only tested him on my own computers, so if anyone tries to use him and has problems let me know and I'll see what I can do. 

Wow, thanks. 

• Thanks for the new male.  I will have to add the one thing I need to the wishlist for the moment though.   

Thanks @marybaker he looks really good!

• Missing the growing up files but didn't come out to badly 

Sakuro.png
    551 x 665 - 258K
  • I decided to try making my own male morph for Sakura just because it looked like fun and I was so impressed with the different male characters people have been creating for her. Here's the result: Sakuro Freebie for Sakura 8

He looks great, thanks for sharing!

Hey Giselle . You may be right about something we talked about over on DA.  Going to give it a shot after this render finishes.  

You mean about using cayman studio's product on G8? If so, let me know if it works!

• I decided to try making my own male morph for Sakura just because it looked like fun and I was so impressed with the different male characters people have been creating for her. Here's the result: Sakuro Freebie for Sakura 8

He looks great, thanks for sharing!

Hey Giselle . You may be right about something we talked about over on DA.  Going to give it a shot after this render finishes.  

You mean about using cayman studio's product on G8? If so, let me know if it works!

Yes and it didn't float. Need to be able to load the old uvs. The geoshells are there to patch the gaps. Oddly enough they never did a v4 to g3 for some reason.
  • JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,255

They did, but it's at Rendo.

• JOdel said:

They did, but it's at Rendo.

Surprised I never saw it
  • Okay other than the eyelashes I think  your Sakuro works very well Mary Baker.  I will admit I changed one of your dials because oddly enough it was making him look older and not younger lol. 

You have done a very nice job with him thank you. 

test .png
    1076 x 665 - 690K
  • With the certain pattern that Daz follows with its releases. It is a safe bet we won't see a male companion for Sakura.
  • Where can I get this arm from thats on Sakura 8 i thought it would come with it but it didn't. 

popup_012.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 167K
  • scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,321
    edited February 2018

Where can I get this arm from thats on Sakura 8 i thought it would come with it but it didn't. 

https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/hfs-more-than-human/101105/

https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/hfs-more-than-human-2-0-for-g3f/112943/

Post edited by scorpio on

Those arms are really cool!  I guess I never noticed them.

• MollytabbyMollytabby Posts: 1,160
    edited March 2018

Mary Baker, thank you so much for this preset. I love him! The only file I have missing is:

data/daz 3d/genesis 8/female/morphs/dogz&zev0/200 plus/chin depth.dsf

He still comes out pretty awesome though! 

I hope you don't mind, but I love him so much I'm using him for an image I'm doing for the weekly Platignum Club competition. I'll post a link here once I've finished smiley.

Edited to add: the final PC image is here:

https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#images/535831/

180227-sakura-male.jpg
    1000 x 1500 - 341K
    180227-sakura-maleCLOSE.jpg
    1500 x 1500 - 719K
    Post edited by Mollytabby on
  • TryhardTryhard Posts: 166
    edited March 2018

Here's something I've been working on for quite some time:

It's nice not to rip MMD heads like Sub Zero wannabe anymore.

Post edited by Tryhard on
  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,148

That is just beyond fabulous!  I love the jewels on her shoulder pads... didn't notice them at first.  So cool!

• TryhardTryhard Posts: 166
    RAMWolff said:

That is just beyond fabulous!  I love the jewels on her shoulder pads... didn't notice them at first.  So cool!

Aye. I could've done something about the black spots when using Metalized Glass Shader.

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,743
    edited March 2018

I hate to say it but I really prefer my male Sakura to the one currently for sale. I love my little guy... 

The more muscular version: 

sakura male cu.png
    518 x 663 - 75K
    sakura male onyx outfit.png
    600 x 800 - 295K
    sakura male muscular.png
    600 x 800 - 296K
    Post edited by Wonderland on