"Brace yourself, my dear wallet! There's always another Sale - and Glitches!"

Comments

• HeraHera Posts: 1,952
    I do like that they tell you the exact length of the sale (usually 48 hours). 

That's something which really annoys me with DAZ, no stop date, sales and discounts just dissapears. Sometimes they last for 4 days other for barely one, and you have no idea...

• PetercatPetercat Posts: 2,315

If I go to a retail store and find out that a sale has been cancelled, not only will the salesperson tell me why it was cancelled, they will offer me something by way of apology.
    From early 2014 to December 2016, I've spent enough here that I have almmost 6000 items in my runtime, and only about $200 at other places. Since January 1, I've spent about $450 here, and over $2000 at the other places. Am I the only one? I doubt it.
    DRM. Updates to Studio that mess up people's data organization. Sales that end suddenly, products that disappear, an endless stream of price glitches, raising prices so that the "sale" price is not much different from the original price, the list goes on and on.
    I'm not saying that I'm done with DAZ, there are too many great PAs that offer things that I want, like Collective3D, Maclean, DZfire, Stonemason, just to name a few off of the top of my head. So I'll keep spending here, but DAZ is no longer my first stop when I need something specific.
    I've already taken most of my money elswhere.

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770

What's even more confusing is having to click on each vendor's store to find what items of theirs are in the sale. You have to go to the "Artist" dropdown and uncheck their name to see everything in today's sale. Why? Why not have a link to ALL items in today's sale the way it normally is? Why go the extra mile to confuse the customers? This makes no sense and is very frustrating.

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

So the 'featured artists blow out sale' are STILL not fixed? Bluebird3d's items are only 50%, not the 70% as advertised

• donovancolbertdonovancolbert Posts: 1,421

I wonder what the payment checks to PAs from DAZ have been looking like lately compared to last year. I know a lot of PAs complained about sales where they didn't see any money from the sales... but I'm seeing a lot of regular buyers here who are saying they're spending far less, if any of their money at DAZ... 

And that has to show up more painfully on the bottom line than having an occasional product go out for "free." 

I wonder what the payment checks to PAs from DAZ have been looking like lately compared to last year. I know a lot of PAs complained about sales where they didn't see any money from the sales... but I'm seeing a lot of regular buyers here who are saying they're spending far less, if any of their money at DAZ... 

And that has to show up more painfully on the bottom line than having an occasional product go out for "free." 

I thought the goal was to make even more money because the cost of living is going up.
    But then, it's going up for the rest of us as well, which means we have less to spend here.
    This doesn't make any sense.

Llynara said:

What's even more confusing is having to click on each vendor's store to find what items of theirs are in the sale. You have to go to the "Artist" dropdown and uncheck their name to see everything in today's sale. Why? Why not have a link to ALL items in today's sale the way it normally is? Why go the extra mile to confuse the customers? This makes no sense and is very frustrating.

Thanks for pointing this out. I didn't know there was a way to see everything at once! That's going to be a big help.

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,325
    jakiblue said:

So the 'featured artists blow out sale' are STILL not fixed? Bluebird3d's items are only 50%, not the 70% as advertised

I guess not and after nearly a whole day !!!

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

Yeah. Not good.

I did add one to the cart tho and it went down in price - but only to 67%, not the advertised 70%.

let's have a sale and then not follow through on the advertised prices! 

jakiblue said:

I guess not and after nearly a whole day !!!

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,566

Customers love to complain, both here and everywhere else, so who knows if they are spending or not. I have spent more this week than normal, both here and at other stores. Between the sales here, the other stores, my modeling abilities and aready installed content, I hardly ever get bothered over sales glitches, mainly because they will come around again. Then again I have also gotten some amazing deals thanks to glitches, so I look at it as making up for it.

i was at an electronics store the other day and a lady came in and was yelling at the rep because there was a day long special and she came in looking for it the next day. She was being really unreasonable and before the rep caved and gave it to her, I had to step in and give her a piece of my mind, LOL. Luckily she stormed out before the rep had to cave in to her demands.

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,325
    edited May 2017

Customers love to complain, both here and everywhere else, so who knows if they are spending or not. I have spent more this week than normal, both here and at other stores. Between the sales here, the other stores, my modeling abilities and aready installed content, I hardly ever get bothered over sales glitches, mainly because they will come around again. Then again I have also gotten some amazing deals thanks to glitches, so I look at it as making up for it.

This may be just me BUT I spent over $800 in April, still didn't get the "April" exclusive Offer that was for "supporting DAZ", and thus haven't spent even a single penny here this month. I was almost ready to purchase some of the $5 VP items in Saturdays sale when suddenly the sale was pulled early and my cart jumped from $18 to $49. So, I dumped that cart and it left such a bitter taste in my mouth that I haven't felt much like buying anything at DAZ since.

Post edited by Charlie Judge on
  • dreamfarmerdreamfarmer Posts: 2,128

I'm definitely spending less here (and more elsewhere) this month but it's a combination of what's on offer (rather than the backlist deals), my own attempts to limit my spending, and being focused on using what I have. I've been vaguely thinking that they must maybe expect a sales slump May through July or so, between summer weather and post-sales ennui. And if they budget for it then they can run less appealing sales and get more from the people who do buy... maybe?

Some people may be complaining, I'm observing. I have one interest as a consumer, paying the least I can for the most I can get. The vendor has the opposite interest, getting the most they can for the least they can offer. 

From my perspective, right now DAZ seems to be trying to find that balance - and it has resulted in my purchases falling off a cliff. It seems that a lot of other long time posters to this thread share the same feeling. But you may be right, FSMC - maybe they're more than making up for it with other purchases from other consumers. 

I have a background that begins in retail sales - I understand how unreasonable consumers can be. I'm not sure the complaints I am seeing here are unreasonable. I don't really care about sales that show up and suddenly disappear. To me, DAZ has a very relaxed policy about "whoops, we messed up on pricing and you got in under the wire, enjoy your purchase," so I'm never upset when a sale disappears when I've got my cart full and I hesitated to pull the trigger. I could have picked up FaceGen Pro for $55 for a 5 minute window a week or so ago. I hesitated looking to see if I could get it to go even cheaper, and by the time I was ready, it was already gone. This is a game DAZ plays with us, and we play with DAZ... and I've won more than I've missed out on. But I'm not mad at DAZ for fixing the problem, I'm mad at myself for not acting faster. 

But it creates a very irregular consumer/vendor relationship with DAZ and DAZ shoppers - and some shoppers may find that environment more upsetting than I do. I can see their perspective. 

But... I see yours too. I'm a flexible guy that way. I don't think there is a right or wrong perspective here... the only perspective *I* really care about is mine, and where I go away feeling like I got the best price possible. If I leave without that feeling, I end up with buyer's remorse, and that isn't any fun. So ultimately, that is what drives my decisions here. Lately, I've felt that the purchases weren't as rewarding, and so I've purchased less. That is *my* bottom line. I'm just curious what is DAZ's bottom line, and what is the bottom line for the PAs. 

• FrankTheTankFrankTheTank Posts: 1,131

I'm failing to see what is "unreasonable" about expecting an advertised sale of 70% to actually be 70% off and not 50% off or less for some vendors. Its called truth in advertising. To act like this is unreasonable is ridiculous. Of course some people here always cuck for DAZ, I suppose they think that gets them some brownie points, maybe it gets them special discounts or opportuniities to test products ahead of time. I'm not here to make friends, I want the most for my money like any consumer. If you advertise a sale, you better keep to it, or I'll take my money elsewhere.

• Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 11,151

I've reported the issue with Bluebird's store; Daz believed the problem was fixed until I brought it to their attention after checking this thread.

• Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 11,151

Should be fixed now.

• FrankTheTankFrankTheTank Posts: 1,131

Awesome, thank you Cris

edited May 2017

There are some very nice Optitex Dynamic Clothing bundles in the blowout sale today at good prices ($3-$4 each), both for Poser and DAZ. Even though they say they're for Generation 4, they can fit other figures with a few adjustments (though autofit may not be the way to go on these.) 

Just make sure you have the right one in your cart. I noticed that the Poser Angelic bundle is in the sale but not the DAZ bundle. Almost bought the wrong one. I do have Poser, but tend to use DAZ way more. Some bundles have items for both programs.

I recently picked up the full Optitex plugin and have been pretty happy with it so far. I'm also testing VWD on a number of outfits (a bit of a learning curve there!)

Post edited by Llynara on

DSDT... 

Like I said... I see your perspective too.

But DAZ is pretty generous on honoring when they make mistakes. If you get a flyer from Best Buy that has a typo and you go in and demand they honor the typo, they're going to point you to the fine print on the flyer that says, "We are not responsible for misprints or other errors." 

DAZ makes a mistake, you get an item on discount far deeper than what was supposed to be, and DAZ honors it. 

I'm of the mind that when people come in and start complaining when things don't go in their favor but ignoring when things go in their favor... you end up with stricter and stricter rules that are all spelled out until you get to a place where there is zero latitude to ignore the hard and fast rules that have been written down, even when it has a ridiculous result. 

Then you get someone at the United Airlines counter telling you, "I know this doesn't make sense, but there is nothing I can do about it, it is corporate policy and it is dictated to us by the FAA." 

So, I'm OK with the fact that sometimes the advertisement says 70% and I only see 50%, because sometimes the ad says 50% and I see 89% in my cart, at DAZ. 

• Rod Wise DriggoRod Wise Driggo Posts: 2,151

@donovancolbert: Absolutely second that.

• tj_1ca9500btj_1ca9500b Posts: 2,047

I think that this is the first time I've seen an item in my cart for 4 cents... one of the items discounted to 4 cents/100% (probably more like 99.6%).

The Daz sales team sucked me in again!  My hard drive keeps getting fuller and fuller.  Threadripper had better hurry, 'cuz I'm waiting on it before I put together my next build, and I don't want to have to upgrade the SSD in my laptop...

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

I've changed my shopping habits to focus on spending more when gift card discounts are offered (but I already have 4 years of older content sales, don't even look at that now. I would hop on it too if I hadn't already stocked up. Happy for everyone getting the good deals!)

Now I buy a big gift card when I get 20-30% off. Then buy what I am going to use, even if it is only 30% off because that is 56% end price if the gift card was 20% off. I also always pick up at least one item with it from the stores, which are 40% or more off, so those are 48% when that gift card is factored in. Those two savings together end up being 52% off the total order. 

And yeah, have to time it right. When it comes time for those "buy three things and get X off of gift cards" I still have gift card funds so 20% more off softens that a bit -and remember not to hop on that the first day as there may be another one, then it stacks. A bit of risk if they pull the sale early, but if they shoot themselves in the foot, it simply means now I don't buy as much. And buying less means I have more money to put into the next gift card. Rinse, repeat.

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714
    Llynara said:

There are some very nice Optitex Dynamic Clothing bundles in the blowout sale today at good prices ($3-$4 each), both for Poser and DAZ. Even though they say they're for Generation 4, they can fit other figures with a few adjustments (though autofit may not be the way to go on these.) 

Just make sure you have the right one in your cart. I noticed that the Poser Angelic bundle is in the sale but not the DAZ bundle. Almost bought the wrong one. I do have Poser, but tend to use DAZ way more. Some bundles have items for both programs.

I recently picked up the full Optitex plugin and have been pretty happy with it so far. I'm also testing VWD on a number of outfits (a bit of a learning curve there!)

There is, but there are a huge number of Daz outfits i've been able to use since getting it, and quite a few of items i've bought

I don't bother with Opitex anymore. I got fed up of being promised more and it not arriving. Or taking a year to arrive.

• That feeling when you compile a perfect cart in the evening, then check in the morning (6:30 European time, 1.5h till DAZ midnight, knowing for sure you won't be back to the computer till turnover) and notice an extra discount on one of the items. The cart was 34 dollars, carefully compiled to make use of the 6 dollars off 18 purchase coupon. But then the Diviney flash sale came around, items got replaced, and the still qualifying cart went into checkout without the coupon.

I would have submitted a ticket, but how long would the flash sale last? The ticket won't be honoured till the European evening and by then it might be too late... 

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,740

I'm so happy to see huge discounts on older V4 and even V3 stuff since I am waaaaay more proficient with Poser than DS and I can never find anything in DS but am able to organize my Poser folders perfectly.  I dumped all the Ophelia stuff I had in my cart and went instead for older products at great prices. I thought I had everything, but apparently not LOL. 

DS is giving me such a headache, and really always has, I will be happy to take a break and do some Poser rendering. Just one page of my purchases today... laugh

IMG_0035.PNG
    1536 x 2048 - 628K
  • cdpro_2831bbd990cdpro_2831bbd990 Posts: 1,430

Well, they got me again...;)  I went way over budget buying up all the older items on my wishlist.    Still, I'm always glad to have a cart full that averages to about a dollar an item.  The hardest part of using old clothes on G3F is finding them in the directories.  Since almost all of it gets installed to the Pose directory under the Poser Formats library, I have to wade through everything to find the clothing.  And, it doesn't help that names often have nothing to do with the outfit.  Along with that, you have the sometimes PA prefix, sometimes not.

There must be a better way to organize all these old items to make them easily accessible. 

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,251

One word: Categories. Make your own category system, where you can arrange (and re-arrange, and re-re-arrange)) products any way you want without touching the original file structure. Could take a while if you have many products, but the relief from frustration is worth it.

Yeah, the flash sales at both sites are killing my budget at the moment. Not that I mind...

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,732
    Llynara said:

Yeah, the flash sales at both sites are killing my budget at the moment. Not that I mind...

Killing my budget is like beating a dead horse...

• cdpro_2831bbd990cdpro_2831bbd990 Posts: 1,430
    NorthOf45 said:

One word: Categories. Make your own category system, where you can arrange (and re-arrange, and re-re-arrange)) products any way you want without touching the original file structure. Could take a while if you have many products, but the relief from frustration is worth it.

Is there a way to do this when the files are installed?  I mean, is there any sort of DIM or other script that will allow you to type in category tags prior to install?  This would help immensely.  That way I would have them in the proper folder before starting the hunt.

This discussion has been closed.